dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I will be going to a Farmer's Market tomorrow to pick up some more Buffalo meat. I spoke with the breeder, and they have the capacity to make Buffalo/Bison Jerky, which is EXTREMELY lean and flavorful.

Can I get votes of who is interested in something like this from Nutraplanet? Taste preferences?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I'm jones'n for some game meat. If you can put it out there for a good price, I'm in.

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
Any idea on what the final pricing would be?

italionstallion

Awards
  • Established
Just ate some beef jerky yesterday, I'd be down for some bison

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any idea on what the final pricing would be?
Should know tomorrow. Looks like we paid in between $5-$6 a pound for fresh meat. In standard NP way, we would probably offer this in 3-5 pound packages for a decent price.

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
Aight then, I'm down to buy like 5-10 lbs of it....as long as it's eligible for free shipping on orders over $200! :hammer:

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Count me in...I would be interested in jerky as well as patties.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
See, that is the coolest thing...this is something I want. So, while I am at it, I will go ahead and get the Nutraplanet hookup for everyone else.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
This farm has the best tasting buffalo. Just had some buffalo burgers..yum. I've had their jerky as well, very good.

DieselPump

DieselPump

Awards
I've been wanting to try bison jerky for some time now. I eat beef jerky a fair bit. I'd definitely love if NP stocked bison jerky!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used to eat beef jerky, but for some reason I now think its somehow "bad" for you. So I avoid it even though I do like it.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used to eat beef jerky, but for some reason I now think its somehow "bad" for you. So I avoid it even though I do like it.
Bad compared to what?

There is nothing like Beef/Bison jerky to carry around with you just in case you need to get yoru protein in and don't want to blow your diet on fast food.

DGSky

DGSky

Awards
Count me in. I would also be interested in salmon jerky if you can get that as well

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
i'd be interested...would low/moderate sodium be feasible?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bad compared to what?

There is nothing like Beef/Bison jerky to carry around with you just in case you need to get yoru protein in and don't want to blow your diet on fast food.
I guess it is just the preservatives I thought were bad for you. Plus all the sodium. Maybe I'll pick up a few packages at the supermarket and read the labels better. Honestly I don't know, maybe I just read about it somewhere.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is a professional, albeit small-time, rancher. Not sure how creative we can get but I will go there tomorrow armed with your suggestions.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is a professional, albeit small-time, rancher. Not sure how creative we can get but I will go there tomorrow armed with your suggestions.
I have no doubt you can put out a much better product than I see at the supermarkets.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You will be proud to know that everyday you can stick dsade's meat in your mouth. MMMMM....tasty.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well thats not gonna fill me up.
Compared to as much meat as you normally stick in your mouth on an average day, no one man can sate THAT appetite.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Me wanna jerkee too, got only a lil bit left of bambi.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
I would be down for this. And I may get flamed, but teriyaki flavored jerkys are my favorite. So if you're looking for a taste preference, that's got my vote.

thicketman

thicketman

Awards
Interested here. I'm always looking for new ways to add lean protein into my diet.

In fact, I just kicked my protein intake up a couple of notches, since I started Havoc Monday.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Thread of the year. I would love some Buffalo Jerky. Peppered or Natural Flavor

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Just an FYI Matt... We've had our affiliate US Wellness meats on site for quite a while. Grassfed Beef in any cut, patties, jerky what have you. Even some chicken and shellfish too. 25% discount on first orders yet very little have taken advantage. Nutraplanet is a different customer base however, so hopefully it's worthwhile for you guys. :)

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
I guess it is just the preservatives I thought were bad for you. Plus all the sodium. Maybe I'll pick up a few packages at the supermarket and read the labels better. Honestly I don't know, maybe I just read about it somewhere.
It's probably different. But most of the store brand jerky here are covered in sugar. That's why I avoid it...

I would be up for ordering this as well but I don't know how customs are with Meat products.

Aurora_Borealis

Awards
Just an FYI Matt... We've had our affiliate US Wellness meats on site for quite a while. Grassfed Beef in any cut, patties, jerky what have you. Even some chicken and shellfish too. 25% discount on first orders yet very little have taken advantage. Nutraplanet is a different customer base however, so hopefully it's worthwhile for you guys. :)
Prices are insane for that meat.

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
Hmm interesting... prices?

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Prices are insane for that meat.
I suppose... but once you factor in tha quality that you are getting in terms of your health, melt in your mouth taste, as well as straight to your door shipping. I don't think it's bad at all.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
i ****in love jerky

get turkey jerky too :D

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Understood, which is why I brought this up to you guys quite a few times. Combining the kind of customer base and reach that Nutraplanet has should bring down the cost significantly, if we can find a rancher with a head for business expansion.

The rancher we spoke with today did not seem to have such a head, as he just seemed to want to charge full price times 200-300 pounds...umm, I don't think so.

I got some leads on a different supplier and I will follow up on Monday.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
sounds awesome! I'd definitely buy some.

I think peppered would be the way to go - i prefer teriyaki, but this flavoring usually comes with much unwanted sugar

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This would be yet another use for Splenda. If others just had some vision....

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
"Is that Bison jerky in your rectum, or are you just sore from last night?"

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
"Is that Bison jerky in your rectum, or are you just sore from last night?"
And the last words I would utter to that would be " Why dont you take a bite and see if you can guess the flavor?"

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
The rancher we spoke with today did not seem to have such a head, as he just seemed to want to charge full price times 200-300 pounds...umm, I don't think so.

I got some leads on a different supplier and I will follow up on Monday.
Damnit... this could have been interesting. In a related note, its amazing the price "jerky" commands. Often, its 2x per pound of a tenderloin filet! INSANE.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Damnit... this could have been interesting. In a related note, its amazing the price "jerky" commands. Often, its 2x per pound of a tenderloin filet! INSANE.
but since its dried, won't you get considerably more meat per lb of jerky versus tenderloin

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Damn that does sound pretty good!

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Dsade,
You ever try Ostrim? (Ostrich/Beef sticks)
Good stuff! May want to consider pricing Ostrich.... probably exotic enough to be too expensive, but it is a major food item in a lot of areas.

If nothing else.... I'll buy Ostrim if you guys carry it! ;)