How is shipping to Canada?

Minus83

Minus83

Awards
Ive been on a few sites, and ordered from a few different places, and some have been either sub-par, or mediocre when it comes to shipping here.

i know customs can sometimes delay things (not always) but what is seen as the largest site for supplements had horrible shipping to here in the beginning, and now has one of the best.

i am wondering if other Canadians have ordered from nutraplanet, and how it went?

also, for people who represent nutraplanet, have you taken any steps to ensure that your cross the border shipping is done the best way possible?

thanks in advance, im just curious how this will go and am looking for impressions from people who have ordered from Canada before.

Flex Daddy

Awards
Ive been on a few sites, and ordered from a few different places, and some have been either sub-par, or mediocre when it comes to shipping here.

i know customs can sometimes delay things (not always) but what is seen as the largest site for supplements had horrible shipping to here in the beginning, and now has one of the best.

i am wondering if other Canadians have ordered from nutraplanet, and how it went?

also, for people who represent nutraplanet, have you taken any steps to ensure that your cross the border shipping is done the best way possible?

thanks in advance, im just curious how this will go and am looking for impressions from people who have ordered from Canada before.
Go with the EMS shipping option by USPS. It's a little pricey but it always gets through customs. All my shipments via EMS have been trouble free. I once used the airmail option since it was 50% off international shipping. I got dinged by customs and ended up paying taxes and duties. Had I gone with EMS, I would've paid less overall for the shipping.

Nutraplanet has always done a good job of taking care of their customers. I wouldn't worry too much about shipping if EMS is chosen. Also, they do a great job of shipping your stuff out asap.

Hope this helps.

:afro:

Minus83

Minus83

Awards
yeah, thanks.

ive never had any problems getting my stuff, and i wont be ordering anything that would warrant them seizing it, just curious.

thanks, and ill look into that shipping option when i put my order through.

knightowl

Awards
Nutra's shipping is great . expect customs taxes (read the sticky to calculate the amount expected) .

Drzman

Awards
Nutra's shipping is great . expect customs taxes (read the sticky to calculate the amount expected) .
Fast shipping (EMS). But you will have to pay customs. Especially in Quebec, everything comes with a nice custom fee.

Madevilz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I live in Montreal, and always choose the cheapest shipping method (USPS Economy Surface). Usually get my stuff after a week and a half or two. Out of the 7-8 orders I have made, I have only paid customs once. Nutra is great for Canada :)

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a couple of buddies up in your neck of the woods and are always impressed with the shipping times. I think Sam has some kind of Mafia tie in with the postal system.

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
A first time for me with this order but I have a shipment thats seems to be stuck in "International Dispatch" for a week now.

ultraman

Awards
  • Established
A first time for me with this order but I have a shipment thats seems to be stuck in "International Dispatch" for a week now.
still in US or already entered Canada?
being inspected by Customs Canada? :aargh:

ultraman

Awards
  • Established
I have a couple of buddies up in your neck of the woods and are always impressed with the shipping times. I think Sam has some kind of Mafia tie in with the postal system.
He probably is the largest donor to the postal workers union. :hammer:

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I live in Montreal, and always choose the cheapest shipping method (USPS Economy Surface). Usually get my stuff after a week and a half or two. Out of the 7-8 orders I have made, I have only paid customs once. Nutra is great for Canada :)
Wow I've been waiting for nutra to have a 50% off airmail discount again before putting in my order, but if ground shipping gets here that quick, I might have to change my mind. Anybody else have expereicne with USPS shipping? It says 6-8 weeks which scares me to wait that long lol.

mwdonald

Awards
Wow I've been waiting for nutra to have a 50% off airmail discount again before putting in my order, but if ground shipping gets here that quick, I might have to change my mind. Anybody else have expereicne with USPS shipping? It says 6-8 weeks which scares me to wait that long lol.
Both USPS Air and Ground take about the same time to SK -- usually 8-9 business days. I've almost always had to pay customs fees though. I order a lot of protein so the large boxes must catch they're eye. The smaller ones seem to get through without any extra fees. I've only ever had one order opened and inspected by customs.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, I've ordered from Nutra once or twice, and have had some tester stuff sent and both times were under two weeks. It can be hit or miss sometimes though.

browndustin

browndustin

Awards
In my experience, everything is shipped out right away. The people at NP understand that it SUCKS to have things shipped to Canada, and they always seem to take this into consideration.

I recently put in an order for a friend, and I anticipate it's timely arrival. Last order came through in an instant too. I was stoked.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
In my experience, everything is shipped out right away. The people at NP understand that it SUCKS to have things shipped to Canada, and they always seem to take this into consideration.

I recently put in an order for a friend, and I anticipate it's timely arrival. Last order came through in an instant too. I was stoked.
You told me they know it sucks to LIVE in Canada. :bruce3:

CROWLER

evoVIII

evoVIII

Awards
No more like our local supplement stores suck. All they aim to do is beat GNC at their own game. The only they got is free shipping after certain price point but aside from that selection is pretty horrid or outdated.

Beating GNC in prices is like saying i'll just mark it up less but still gouge.

Iron.Addict

Iron.Addict

Awards
  • Established
No more like our local supplement stores suck. All they aim to do is beat GNC at their own game. The only they got is free shipping after certain price point but aside from that selection is pretty horrid or outdated.

Beating GNC in prices is like saying i'll just mark it up less but still gouge.
What's the matter you don't like Prolab and Ultimate Nutrition's proteins? :)

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
oh how I hate the selection up here in Canada. Yet another bad experience for me, having my 15+ lb order shipping to my billing adress (over 3 hours away and not heading there any time soon. not to mention I'm flat outta protein) and not the shipping adress as stated in the confirmation email.
Popeye's/SupplementCanada aren't quite with it , it seems.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Ships fine, have done so twice now both got through no problem. Second was a little later than time expressed. Also paid taxes :(

But overall good company / good service.

Iron.Addict

Iron.Addict

Awards
  • Established
oh how I hate the selection up here in Canada. Yet another bad experience for me, having my 15+ lb order shipping to my billing adress (over 3 hours away and not heading there any time soon. not to mention I'm flat outta protein) and not the shipping adress as stated in the confirmation email.
Popeye's/SupplementCanada aren't quite with it , it seems.
What did you order? Our selection here is limited to what is available in the US. Someday that will change, hopefully.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some cheap 5 lb tubs of whey concentrate for my off days and the glutamine that was a pretty good price.

When I called their CSR to complain they sent me a lil 2 lb of Syntrax that they were trying to clear out because it has an expiry date of 2/17/07. I figured protein powder doesn't realy go bad so I tried a half scoop; I haven't had such bad food sickness in years , was so painful I couldn't sleep. I'm almost 99% sure it was the protein too, very slight chance it was the milk I mixed it with but I doubt it. I'm trying to decide whether to give it another go or not, but I don't think it's worth it.

Iron.Addict

Iron.Addict

Awards
  • Established
Some cheap 5 lb tubs of whey concentrate for my off days and the glutamine that was a pretty good price.

When I called their CSR to complain they sent me a lil 2 lb of Syntrax that they were trying to clear out because it has an expiry date of 2/17/07. I figured protein powder doesn't realy go bad so I tried a half scoop; I haven't had such bad food sickness in years , was so painful I couldn't sleep. I'm almost 99% sure it was the protein too, very slight chance it was the milk I mixed it with but I doubt it. I'm trying to decide whether to give it another go or not, but I don't think it's worth it.
They like to get rid of close to or expiring products for cheap all the time I have noticed.

I have heard others consume a product 6 months after expiry and be fine.

Canuckguy

Awards
Supplements

They like to get rid of close to or expiring products for cheap all the time I have noticed.

I have heard others consume a product 6 months after expiry and be fine.
Yeah, I'm not impressed with them either.

Canuckguy

Awards
Impressed

By the way, I am impressed with NutraPlanet and their shipping to Canada. I will continue to order.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
I got two orders no problem, i'm not brave enough to order Ph's and such. Which brings me to my next question anybody get havok/epi into canada? Its nice to order large orders to save on shipping, but to risk lossing the entire order bc of one bottle...... it sucks, i lost $410 from island supps bc of one little bottle of DHEA.

Iron.Addict

Iron.Addict

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I'm not impressed with them either.
I have heard about delays in shipments since the emerger of SND.

I say we get some hot products that NP carries here in Canada someday soon.

Iron.Addict

Iron.Addict

Awards
  • Established
I got two orders no problem, i'm not brave enough to order Ph's and such. Which brings me to my next question anybody get havok/epi into canada? Its nice to order large orders to save on shipping, but to risk lossing the entire order bc of one bottle...... it sucks, i lost $410 from island supps bc of one little bottle of DHEA.
DHEA will get you everytime.

sogone2day

sogone2day

Awards
  • Established
i've had no problems ordering anything from nutraplanet or island. I've usualy pick regular parcel airmail USPS cause when i've used Express it just takes as long to get here and clear customs. 2 weeks seems the normal time out here in Alberta.

Epi /halo/phera/sd was no problem just get those in a smaller seperate order if you are worried.

Canuckguy

Awards
Havoc

I got two bottles of Havoc.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Strong Supplement Shop 2
MA Labs 2
clown007 Olympus Labs 4
Matthew1237 Anabolics 1
Anabolics 6