WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
i received my kilo of bulk BCAA's and on the label, it reads:
"1/4 tsp = 400 mg."
so that means that 1 tsp = 1.6g

ive used customs's bulk BCAA's and NOW foods bulk BCAA's which both have the same density: 1 tsp = 5g

so is there an error on the label or is that actually correct. the weight of one suppliers aminos cannot be that much of a different from another suppliers.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The BCAAs we order are a very fine mesh. BCAAs are really light anyway. All measurements are performed several times and an average taken.

If anyone can verify this measurement right now (I am out), it will be appreciated. If not, we will have to wait for the production department to open up on Monday.

lionel

Awards
wannabehulk, how do the bulk bcaas mix? Would it sorta dissolve after bout 5-10mins?

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
The BCAAs we order are a very fine mesh. BCAAs are really light anyway. All measurements are performed several times and an average taken.

If anyone can verify this measurement right now (I am out), it will be appreciated. If not, we will have to wait for the production department to open up on Monday.
i dont have a digital scale so if anyone else can measure, that would be great. if not, id appreciate if you could check it on monday dsade.

and lionel, they have mixed fine for me. however, i mix them in a half gallon of water and let it sit in the freezer for like 30 minutes before i actually take it to the gym with me. not all of it mixes instantly but it dissolves somewhat quick.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
I'll have my bulk powder guys double check the measurement and will post the results.

FYI...here is the 3rd part CoA for our BCAA's.
thanks sam, more proof that nutraplanet is the best supplement retailer. prices and customer service are 2nd to none!

will the measurement be done on monday? (i assume you guys have to sleep sometime and take the weekends off)

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
thanks sam, more proof that nutraplanet is the best supplement retailer. prices and customer service are 2nd to none!

will the measurement be done on monday? (i assume you guys have to sleep sometime and take the weekends off)
I've got the kilo size and a digital scale. I weighed it out and the label is correct. 1 tsp comes out to 1.6 g's..

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
I've got the kilo size and a digital scale. I weighed it out and the label is correct. 1 tsp comes out to 1.6 g's..
thanks scott. its still hard to believe since my BCAA's from NOW Foods was 5g per tsp. and ive ordered leucine before which had the measurement of 5g per tsp. not sure how 1 tsp leucine = 5g but 1 tsp BCAA's = 1.6g when leucine makes up half the powder:confused:

daniel35

daniel35

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure, but I think you have tablespoons(tbsp) and teespoons(tsp) confused. 3 tsp= 1 tbsp, so 3 tsp(1.6 grams each) of bcaas would equal 4.8 grams(almost 5). I think that maybe the mixup.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure, but I think you have tablespoons(tbsp) and teespoons(tsp) confused. 3 tsp= 1 tbsp, so 3 tsp(1.6 grams each) of bcaas would equal 4.8 grams(almost 5). I think that maybe the mixup.
Ding ding ding! I believe we have a winner.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
this has crossed my mind so i checked my other BCAA supplements that ive purchased in the past. the label on CNW's BCAA's reads 1 tsp = 5g. on my NOW Foods BCAA's, 1 heaping tsp = 5g. ive always dosed BCAA's on the scale that 1 tsp does equal 5g so this has thrown me off. maybe this is why i stopped growing:think:

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I do have a feeling that NP's tsp actually means tablespoon instead of teaspoon.
NP's label is correct..They indicate that 1 tsp = 400 mg's and this is what my scale tells me as well..If you used 3 tsp's, you would have 1.6 g's, not 5 g's..Dsade mentioned earlier that the mesh is finer, maybe he can add some more info on this..

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We went with a finer mesh product which dissolves quicker in liquids. There might be some difference in the amount of air that is between particles, though...which would account for the difference in measurements between the Top Quality NP BCAAs and some of the other brands.

Jmuls

Jmuls

Awards
On a similar note.....

I just wanted to verify the servings per container on the NP bulk BCAAs. I'm basing my assumptions here off of the original post that started this thread, in that there's 1.6g of BCAAs per teaspoon:

100g container = 62.5 teaspoons/container???

500g container = 312.5 teaspoons/container???

1 kilo container = 625 teaspoons/container???

I'm not convinved that this is actually correct, seeing as though these containers are sold based on weight of the product, not amount of BCAA per serving. So if someone could provide me with the servings per container for each of the amounts that NP offers, that would be great. I just would like to know how much I'm going to get and for how long it'll last. Thanks

NCSU33

NCSU33

Awards
im in the same boat.. i bought my BCAA powder from nutraplanet (1 kilo) and looked at it like "holy hell, 1/4 tsp is only 400mg... and i was reccomended like 30g a workout or something.. this **** is NOT going to last long at all...

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
On a similar note.....

I just wanted to verify the servings per container on the NP bulk BCAAs. I'm basing my assumptions here off of the original post that started this thread, in that there's 1.6g of BCAAs per teaspoon:

I'm not convinved that this is actually correct, seeing as though these containers are sold based on weight of the product, not amount of BCAA per serving. So if someone could provide me with the servings per container for each of the amounts that NP offers, that would be great. I just would like to know how much I'm going to get and for how long it'll last. Thanks

Weight of the product gives you a guideline. For bulk powders, you make the choice how much or how little to dose...it is not up to us. If we made recommendations, then we would have to provide all of the nutritional information, labeling, packaging of a final product, thereby driving up cost.

If you guys like the bulk powder model, and saving money, that is what we have to do. We can give you the amount per 1/4 teaspoon and the contents of the container. You decide what to do with it.

We can answer based on what we know of the compound.

Jmuls

Jmuls

Awards
Weight of the product gives you a guideline. For bulk powders, you make the choice how much or how little to dose...it is not up to us. If we made recommendations, then we would have to provide all of the nutritional information, labeling, packaging of a final product, thereby driving up cost.

If you guys like the bulk powder model, and saving money, that is what we have to do. We can give you the amount per 1/4 teaspoon and the contents of the container. You decide what to do with it.

We can answer based on what we know of the compound.
So I am correct in the teaspoons/container I listed in my previous post then?

Just trying to get an idea. Thanks!

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
So I am correct in the teaspoons/container I listed in my previous post then?

Just trying to get an idea. Thanks!
im getting the same number as you: 1000g/1.6g per tsp = 625

i trust NP with their labels and i beleive there are 625 tsp's in my kilo. sure, it is less dense than other BCAA's i have purchased but their is a greater amount of powder so im assuming everything works out. NP is known for their outstanding customer service, and im sure they checked into this.

NCSU33

NCSU33

Awards
i looked at it and it says 1/4 of a tsp = 400mg... that means that 1 tsp=1.6g, and one TABLESPOON = 4.8 grams... i think it was just a misunderstanding

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
i looked at it and it says 1/4 of a tsp = 400mg... that means that 1 tsp=1.6g, and one TABLESPOON = 4.8 grams... i think it was just a misunderstanding
it wasnt a misunderstnading, but rather a significant change in the weight of the powder. as mentioned earlier, 1 tsp of BCAA's from ON, NOW Foods, custom, or BN all have similar serving sizes of 1 tsp (NOT TBSP!) being 5g. D said that these BCAA's are a "finer mesh" and noted there might be differences in the amount of air between particles. we do know that we are getting BCAA's curtousy of sam's CoA, however, it doesnt state the weight in a specific amount. scott already measured with his digital scale and confirmed that 1 tsp = 1.6g and that complies with NP's measurement listed on the label. the end result is getting more powder (not more BCAA's) and mixing more for the same amount. i cant see how anyone can argue otherwise:hammer:

Jmuls

Jmuls

Awards
Thanks for the clarification. I'm gonna get some soon! :D

NCSU33

NCSU33

Awards
it wasnt a misunderstnading, but rather a significant change in the weight of the powder. as mentioned earlier, 1 tsp of BCAA's from ON, NOW Foods, custom, or BN all have similar serving sizes of 1 tsp (NOT TBSP!) being 5g. D said that these BCAA's are a "finer mesh" and noted there might be differences in the amount of air between particles. we do know that we are getting BCAA's curtousy of sam's CoA, however, it doesnt state the weight in a specific amount. scott already measured with his digital scale and confirmed that 1 tsp = 1.6g and that complies with NP's measurement listed on the label. the end result is getting more powder (not more BCAA's) and mixing more for the same amount. i cant see how anyone can argue otherwise:hammer:

so what do you propose be done?

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
This is correct..

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
On a similar note.....

Does that mean that 1 kilo = 625 teaspoons = 104 oz/13 cups (using Food Conversions.....Easy Recipes on CuisineCuisine.com ) .
I assume everything worked out right, just curious.

Jmuls

Jmuls

Awards
Does that mean that 1 kilo = 625 teaspoons = 104 oz/13 cups (using Food Conversions.....Easy Recipes on CuisineCuisine.com ) .
I assume everything worked out right, just curious.
From the looks of that site, it would lead me to believe that your calculations are right, but I didn't do them out myself, I'm just taking your word for it!

What I assume is the most important conversion for the majority of individuals here is 1 kilo = 625 teaspoons, seeing as though most people will be dosing their BCAAs with a teaspoon.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
From the looks of that site, it would lead me to believe that your calculations are right, but I didn't do them out myself, I'm just taking your word for it!

What I assume is the most important conversion for the majority of individuals here is 1 kilo = 625 teaspoons, seeing as though most people will be dosing their BCAAs with a teaspoon.
The problem with this is that a teaspoon is a measurement of volume, while a kilogram is a measure of mass. There are a lot of factors that influence how MUCH a teaspoon would "weigh."

Jmuls

Jmuls

Awards
The problem with this is that a teaspoon is a measurement of volume, while a kilogram is a measure of mass. There are a lot of factors that influence how MUCH a teaspoon would "weigh."
I couldn't agree more, which is exactly why I posted a similiar question with regards to volume vs weight and it's impact on servings per container, earlier in this thread (based on teaspoons as the serving size). Now no one came right out and answered me specifically, I just had Wannabehulk confirming what I had posted.

All I'm ultimately concerned with when it comes to the NP bulk BCAAs, is when using a teaspoon as the unit of measure for a serving, how many servings are available in the kilo container? Do you know this Dsade? If you could let me know, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry...you would be correct for our BCAAs, 1 kg should contain 625 (probably flat) teaspoons.