Problem batch of AI Excell?

1. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.45%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Problem batch of AI Excell?

I wasn't sure where to post this (either the NP forum or the AI forum) but decided that I'd post it here since I made my purchase from NP.

I recently picked up a bag of the mango flavored AI Excell. This is my first experience with this company/product, and I tried it for the first time today. I believe that there may be a problem with the flavoring of the BCAA's. I've tried both plain bulk BCAA's in the past as well as Xtend. Xtend was quite good, but bulk BCAA's taste terrible. This is almost exactly what the Excell tasted like (except it has a VERY SLIGHT mango aftertaste). If you've had plain BCAA's in the past, you know the bitter flavor that I speak of.

Now I've heard that the flavoring system used in Excell is a bit weaker than that used in Xtend, and that's a big reason that I chose to go with Excell this time. This is also why I'm not sure if I have a problem batch or if its just the way that it is. I'm really not fussy on flavor to be honest, which leads me to think there may be a problem.

What do you guys think?

2. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.85%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I have never tried the mango flavor at all, but I know Crowler's customer service is top notch. If there is a problem with it, I am sure he will take care of you - either directly or through us.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.56%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I had the same issue. I had the fruit punch the first time and really liked it. It's not as flavorful as xtend, but seemed to mix a little better. The mango tasted like nothing, just a hint of flavor. This was a month or two back. Don't know if it's just the mango or what.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.05%

I have the same problem with the raspberry. There is no flavoring what so ever. I posted in the AI forum and was told its formulated that way for people who mega dose. I take 30-45g in about 750ml so I dont know what the deal is. Im not sure if I will try this again.
  5. Anabolic Innovations Rep
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.7%

Hey Quigs,

We appreciate the feedback on this. My suggestion is to send Crowler an email with your concerns and I'm sure he'll be more than willing to work with ya. I'll also make him aware of this thread.

-Z
  6. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Thank you guys for the feedback. When we first made EXCELL many months ago people said it was had too much flavor so they needed to use way too much water to dilute it so we lowered the flavoring quite a while ago. We have had many say THANKS it is GREAT and of course taste is a subjective thing.

Feedback like this helps us to make our products to what you the customer wants.

Please feel free to contact me at CROWLER@AnabolicInnovations.co m If you would like to return your EXCELL we are happy to provide a refund.

Thank you

CROWLER
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.37%

Remember to get shipping insurance if you return it. I lost over $80 when I bought excell and tried to send it back without insurance.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.4%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

If the flavor isn't strong enough try using less water or add a little more Excell next time. Either should help you find the taste that you like.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.2%

Quote Originally Posted by Cool View Post
    I had the same issue. I had the fruit punch the first time and really liked it. It's not as flavorful as xtend, but seemed to mix a little better. The mango tasted like nothing, just a hint of flavor. This was a month or two back. Don't know if it's just the mango or what.
    So was the fruit punch quite a bit stronger than the mango? I've only had the Mango and the flavor was weak enough such that I've not tried any others after being dissapointed by it.
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.3%

Quote Originally Posted by xxghostxx View Post
    So was the fruit punch quite a bit stronger than the mango? I've only had the Mango and the flavor was weak enough such that I've not tried any others after being dissapointed by it.
    Mango is tha only one I've used. Flavor-wise it is weak, however as far as overall presentation I think they outshine most if not all companies selling BCAA's including BSL. Their stuff mixes better than any I've seen and have masked tha bitterness quite well.
  11. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.21%

All I can say is that I have NEVER been disappointed with my Raspberry or Grape Excell. My faves for sure.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.2%

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnlikelyToad View Post
    Mango is tha only one I've used. Flavor-wise it is weak, however as far as overall presentation I think they outshine most if not all companies selling BCAA's including BSL. Their stuff mixes better than any I've seen and have masked tha bitterness quite well.
    Hey Jordan. While I agree that the price and solubility are unparalleled for this type of product (as well as the customer service these guys have), I am just trying to find out before purchasing again whether the other flavors happen to be stronger. Products from competitors for a few more dollars happen to mix quite nearly the same after a few minutes wait, and the flavoring is quite a bit stronger. The stronger flavoring alone is something I am willing to pay a bit extra for, though if I donít have to and AI has stronger flavors Iíll go with them in the future as I like this company.

I suppose I could always throw down some BSL flavoring on top of the products own inherent flavoring system .
  13. Anabolic Innovations Rep
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.7%

Hey Jordan. While I agree that the price and solubility are unparalleled for this type of product (as well as the customer service these guys have), I am just trying to find out before purchasing again whether the other flavors happen to be stronger. Products from competitors for a few more dollars happen to mix quite nearly the same after a few minutes wait, and the flavoring is quite a bit stronger. The stronger flavoring alone is something I am willing to pay a bit extra for, though if I donít have to and AI has stronger flavors Iíll go with them in the future as I like this company.

I suppose I could always throw down some BSL flavoring on top of the products own inherent flavoring system .
    If your looking for a stronger flavor I'm not sure if excell is the brand for you. We leave it weaker for those who are wanting to mega dose or just like a softer flavor.

It would suck for us to have you go to a competitor, but it would be better than having you display disappointment about the product on the boads.

But if your going to be stubborn I suggest you purchase some samples on our site before ordering another flavor.
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.4%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

... I am just trying to find out before purchasing again whether the other flavors happen to be stronger...
    Click in my signature and try out some samples before purchasing.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.2%

Quote Originally Posted by zbtboy View Post
    If your looking for a stronger flavor I'm not sure if excell is the brand for you. We leave it weaker for those who are wanting to mega dose or just like a softer flavor.

It would suck for us to have you go to a competitor, but it would be better than having you display disappointment about the product on the boads.

But if your going to be stubborn I suggest you purchase some samples on our site before ordering another flavor.

Zbt, please understand my post was in no way meant to be derogatory or to take a jab at your product. If it came off this way it was definitely unintentional. Taste being ultimately subjective, itís difficult to find something thatís going to please everyone and I realize this. As I stated above, I like your company and find everyone associated with it very dedicated and professional.

Ordering samples is definitely a good idea and Iíll definitely be taking advantage of that very soon. Iím really not as big a baby as Iím coming off as right now, really .
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.75%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I have the lemon flavored and the flavoring, while good was a bit weak but I knew that buying it. I just lower the amount of water and it works just fine. The taste is perfect for when I mix other things into my water though.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.77%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I would suggest the strawberry flavor. I hate protein powders in strawberry flavor but Excell is pretty good in strawberry. I mix 2 scoops with 2 cups of water.
  18. Anabolic Innovations Rep
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.7%

Zbt, please understand my post was in no way meant to be derogatory or to take a jab at your product. If it came off this way it was definitely unintentional. Taste being ultimately subjective, itís difficult to find something thatís going to please everyone and I realize this. As I stated above, I like your company and find everyone associated with it very dedicated and professional.

Ordering samples is definitely a good idea and Iíll definitely be taking advantage of that very soon. Iím really not as big a baby as Iím coming off as right now, really .

Don't worry, I didnt it take it as such. We understand that not everyone will like our products all of the time. We also value constructive critism cause in the end it will only make AI better. I really hope you find a flavor of ours that you like and if not I hope you find another brand that suits you.
  19. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.21%

Quote Originally Posted by zbtboy View Post
    This is exactly why I love Excell. I used to use Xtend a while back, but I used to megadose it so often and the flavor was so strong, that now I cannot even stand the taste of it.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-25-2005, 06:26 PM
  2. Thyroid problem.. Effects of medication. Anyone know?
    By LakeMountD in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-25-2005, 09:01 PM
  3. bad batch of M1t?
    By Kachinsky in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-18-2004, 04:38 PM
  4. The "Bad" Batches of M1T
    By Brodus in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 06-25-2004, 04:23 AM
  5. how's the current batch of M1T doing?
    By Campeon in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-07-2004, 12:24 PM