Bulk Turmeric!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
A great one is bulk turmeric root. With the antioxidant properties being popular, the anecdotal evidence for helping gynecomastia and also supposed recovery properties, it would be a good pickup in my opinion. Many people are willing to try damn near anything to clear a bad case of gyno, but theres a lack of bulk turmeric around. Personally, I'm forced to buy about 5-7 bottles of Solaray brand, and even then the dosage is low.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Have you Googled bulk turmeric? I'm not trying to jack product sales but....

Edit:I just found a lb. for $5.99

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Have you Googled bulk turmeric? I'm not trying to jack product sales but....

Edit:I just found a lb. for $5.99

Yes, but that's intended for cooking, I think I would have a hard time dosing it properly.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, but that's intended for cooking, I think I would have a hard time dosing it properly.
I don't see why you should have more hard time dosing a bulk powder intended for cooking than a bulk powder sold by a supplement company.

That said it would be good if we could have everything we need from our sponsors here .

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
That turmeric is cheap and effective.
Buy a digital scale. Please don't tell me you want somebody to cap it for you. Buy a Cap-em-quick and do it yourself. Do you want the dosage as well? Google that too. After all you are a Renagade,right?:cool:

I don't see why you should have more hard time dosing a bulk powder intended for cooking than a bulk powder sold by a supplement company.

That said it would be good if we could have everything we need from our sponsors here .

Make sure its 95% curcuminoids..

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Im still waiting on word on the piperine(bioperene) myself.I would have loved to have added it to my Turk regimen.I know I can get it other places but Im to loyal for that.:sad:

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I get bulk turmeric for less than $5.99.. ;)

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
More than a gram or two of tumeric per day cleans out my pipes. Curcurmin is way more tolerable in that categorey.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I already got the curcumin 95% lined up, but it has to wait in line behind more pressing requests. Be patient. :)

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Buy a digital scale. Please don't tell me you want somebody to cap it for you. Buy a Cap-em-quick and do it yourself. Do you want the dosage as well? Google that too. After all you are a Renagade,right?:cool:
I've weighed and capped my fair share of powders. I wasn't sure if that particular turmeric was capping-worthy, or strictly for cooking. I appreciate your concern. I would rather purchase my bulk powders from NP however, and not a website I'm unfamiliar with. You understand, gotta be careful with your cards these days.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Got a hard on for tumeric?

You want curcumin, NOT tumeric. And you must take it with bioperine, otherwise you're not going to absorb much.

See, it ain't that simple, huh. ;)

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Got a hard on for tumeric?

You want curcumin, NOT tumeric. And you must take it with bioperine, otherwise you're not going to absorb much.

See, it ain't that simple, huh. ;)
You do know that turmeric contains curcuminoids, yes?

I'm looking at 5 bottles that state such info, not to mention the other curcuminoids present( demethoxycurcumin, bisdemethoxycurcumin).. ;)

I need to stop posting at work, got orders to fill..

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Hey poison,

Actually I have a hard on for Maca or um from Maca.

It's actually turmeric NOT tumeric. And BigPete is right.

So maybe it is that simple after all, huh?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Uh, no. ;)

Turmeric
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Turmeric (Curcuma longa, also called tumeric or kunyit in some Asian countries[1]) is a spice commonly used in curries and other South Asian cuisine. Its active ingredient is curcumin.
What was that? Active ingredient = curcumin? No ****? :p

Hey, green tea has ECGC in it, why take GT extract? Fish has fish oil, why take Fish oil caps? Better yet, beef has creatine, toss your CEE in the trash!

Oh, yeah, don't forget the bioperine.

Good TUMERIC thread:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/41464-most-underrated-supplement.html?highlight=bioperine

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Turmeric, Tumeric, curcumin. Consume ample amounts and receive the benefits, and don't forget your bioperine.

Hey that's me under that article in the thread! Look at that, I'm everywhere!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Isn't Tumoric a carcinogen?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It can be, if you already have certain forms of cancer.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I'm doing about 5g of turmeric extract (95%) per day via tablets in a gyno reverse protocol. if it doesnt work, at least i'll get the anti-oxidant properties from it.

tsc

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
just to repeat and clarify some things:

Tumeric and turmeric are both correct. Turmeric can refer to the plant itself (usually Curcuma longa (sometimes listed as C. domestica) or most commonly the rhizomes in solid or ground form.

The curcuminoid content of turmeric is low, usually anywhere from less than 1% up to 5%. If you are looking for the benefits of curcumin, than buying bulk NON-STANDARDIZED turmeric powder is a waste of time. If you are getting a great deal on bulk turmeric, its probably not 5% (let alone 95%)...more like 1%. All turmeric and extracts will have the three main curcuminoids, its just the total amounts that vary tremendously.

I dont know about the rest of you, but I'd much rather take 4 caps @ 500 mg of 95% material than the 380 caps worth of bulk 1% material to equal the same amount.

TSC

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No way! You mean taking concentrated curcumin is more effective, and easier!!!, than taking ass-loads of tumeric powder? Well I never! :toofunny:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Wise guy.

Thanks TSC, there is a lot of confusion surrounding tumeric/cucurminoids et cetera.

Like I said..multiple grams of bulk tumeric are mostly just going to give some pretty heady runs.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Wise guy.

Thanks TSC, there is a lot of confusion surrounding tumeric/cucurminoids et cetera.

Like I said..multiple grams of bulk tumeric are mostly just going to give some pretty heady runs.

Thanks for the implanting the notion and visuals of it coming out like curry.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
You're welcome! A spicy curry it was indeeeed!!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Interesting, so in fact, I'm better off buying a standardized extract like the kind 'Natures Best' sells, rather than bulk powder that is meant for cooking.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How does it survive heat?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'd bet pretty well, because Indians get a lot of benefits from it as used in their cooking.

BodyIQ

Awards
Tumeric w/Bioperine

So how do we know what type of ratio we need for best absorb.?

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i see that nutraplanet has curcumin. its 665mg per tablet. So how many tablets would you have to take to have good effects at reducing gyno?