Stryder, timeline on Retain????

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Stryder,

I just checked out the new ALRI web site and they have the product information up about their new product Retain. All I have to say is that it looks good, and so does the web site. Retain is not what we all thought it was going to be. But it looks even better to me. So the big question is, how soon do you think you can get it?

Max32

Max32

Awards
  • Established
Stryder,

I just checked out the new ALRI web site and they have the product information up about their new product Retain. All I have to say is that it looks good, and so does the web site. Retain is not what we all thought it was going to be. But it looks even better to me. So the big question is, how soon do you think you can get it?
hey 50, do you still think it was what we beta tested a couple months back?

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Definately not. Unless its the Tyramine, but I doubt it. I have used Tyramin before. That compound was great for losing bf and Retaining LBM but I unfortunately had too many sides from, it. I know it was great for you though. I think this is something else entirely. But of course I could be wrong.

hey 50, do you still think it was what we beta tested a couple months back?

Max32

Max32

Awards
  • Established
Definately not. Unless its the Tyramine, but I doubt it. I have used Tyramin before. That compound was great for losing bf and Retaining LBM but I unfortunately had too many sides from, it. I know it was great for you though. I think this is something else entirely. But of course I could be wrong.
The proposed effects make me think that they are infact the same products, but I could be mistaken.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I can see your rational and I agree it is possible. But after my experience with the product we tested I felt it was an actual direct beta agonist just like clen but with a better side effect profile. This seems like it could have some sympathomimetic effect but indirectly.

The proposed effects make me think that they are infact the same products, but I could be mistaken.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Max,

I also just realized something else. I just got home from work and looked at the Retain ingredients again. It is 17a-methyl-b-androsteneTRIOL. Which I have used the non methylated version of before. This morning I thought I read it was a triene rather then a TRIOL. With that in mind I can definately say that the sympathomimetic effects I felt were not from that compound. It could have been the Tyramine or maybe Clary Sage does something like that but not the androtriol. Witht that in mind though I have to say that I am even more psyched for this product now then I was this morning. I tried to source the androtriol for almost a year off and on and that was the non methylated version. As far as fat loss and lbm retention I have never used any compound that works better without it being something that would shut you down. Meaning I have never used anything better that you can use during PCT.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Psychoneuroendocrinology. 1997;22 Suppl 1:S103-8.Related Articles, Links

[size=+1]Antiglucocorticoid function of androstenetriol.[/size]

Loria RM.

Virginia Commonwealth University, Medical College of Virginia, Richmond 23298-0678, USA. [email protected]

The anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive functions of corticosteroids have been well established and characterized. In contrast, a different group of native steroids, which include dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) and two of its metabolites, androstenediol (5-androstene-3 beta-17 beta-diol, AED) and androstenetriol (5-androstene-3 beta-7 beta-17 beta-triol, beta AET), function in vivo to up-regulate host immune response against infections and counteract stress-induced immunosuppression. Indeed, DHEA and particularly, AED and beta AET, have been shown to protect mice from viral, bacterial, and parasitic infections. In vivo, these three hormones are in opposition to the widely demonstrated immunosuppressive action of glucocorticoids, suggesting a possible new immune regulation mechanism. The individual activity in vitro of each of these steroids, i.e. DHEA, AED, and beta AET, on a mitogen-induced mixed splenocyte proliferation assay were determined. The results showed that DHEA suppressed the proliferation of cultures activated with concanavalin A (ConA) or lipopolysaccharide (LPS) in a dose-dependent manner. AED had little influence on the activation response. However, beta AET potentiated the response to both mitogens significantly above control. The regulation of the cytokine secretion, of both interleukin-2 (IL-2) and interleukin-3 (IL-3), from ConA-activated lymphocytes was affected in the same manner. These functions were depressed by DHEA, unaffected by AED, and potently increased by beta AET. Moreover, the classic immunosuppressive effects of hydrocortisone on ConA-induced lymphocyte proliferation, as well as on IL-2 and IL-3 production, were unaffected by being co-cultured with DHEA and only minimally counteracted by AED at high doses. In contrast, co-culturing with beta AET significantly counteracted the immunosuppressive effects of hydrocortisone on lymphocyte proliferation and cytokine production. These data show that in-vivo, DHEA, AED, and beta AET may have some similar functions, while in vitro, their effects are dramatically different from one another. Only beta AET could markedly potentiate the cellular response by increasing lymphocyte activation and counteracting the immnosuppressive activity of hydrocortisone on lymphocyte proliferation and cytokine production.

PMID: 9264155 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Max,

I also just realized something else. I just got home from work and looked at the Retain ingredients again. It is 17a-methyl-b-androsteneTRIOL. Which I have used the non methylated version of before. This morning I thought I read it was a triene rather then a TRIOL. With that in mind I can definately say that the sympathomimetic effects I felt were not from that compound. It could have been the Tyramine or maybe Clary Sage does something like that but not the androtriol. Witht that in mind though I have to say that I am even more psyched for this product now then I was this morning. I tried to source the androtriol for almost a year off and on and that was the non methylated version. As far as fat loss and lbm retention I have never used any compound that works better without it being something that would shut you down. Meaning I have never used anything better that you can use during PCT.

I am not liking the idea of another methyl. I was going to do a E-max/ ErgoLMG cycle then use retain with proper PCT. Then jump back and do another E-max/Ergolmg, witn Retain/PCT. But now I am not to sure. Maybe ALRI can chime in here.

Trance Boy

Awards
I am not liking the idea of another methyl. I was going to do a E-max/ ErgoLMG cycle then use retain with proper PCT. Then jump back and do another E-max/Ergolmg, witn Retain/PCT. But now I am not to sure. Maybe ALRI can chime in here.
I'm with you on this, currently doing a Phera Plex/Prostanozol cycle. Bought Ultra Hotter a few weeks ago not knowing it was methyl then decided to purchase the Novadex XT by Gaspari instead. I was all pumped up on Retain for pct, then realized its another methyl product. Not keen on doing back to back methyl. Lets hope ALRI can chimed in on this.

desmo996

Awards
In ALRI's full write up on RETAIN, they claim it isn't hard on your liver.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Not everything methylated is bad for the liver...

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Guys, the liver can take some punishment. Besides, drinking is pretty damn hard on the liver, but does that stop most people?

THE GREATEST

I'm Hungry
Awards
how about some methyl ethyl alcohol...100% bioavailability, yeahhh

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
I'd be down with Nutra getting Retain. If it is that product some of us tested, it's pretty stout.

Max32

Max32

Awards
  • Established
bump for timeline?
alright, 50, got the skinny on retain...This is the same product we beta tested with some additions. I was extremely happy with the initial batch we ran, and for anyone worrying about methylation issues, after a month run of the stuff, my total cholesterol was 119!! Also, liver values were unchanged from the previous bloodwork. Essentially, we should look for more fat loss, and better muscle retention/gain in the new version.

Infact, I actually have a before and after shot of nothing else changed in my supp routine except for retain:

Attachments

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
OMG.. i'll be buying BOATLOADS...

good news max... thnx!

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Godd job getting the info Max. I am surprised and a bit disappointed but I am sure I will give it another try now that it will be during PCT and I can isolate if any of the side effects are from the Retain or something else. Can't wait till NP has it.

alright, 50, got the skinny on retain...This is the same product we beta tested with some additions. I was extremely happy with the initial batch we ran, and for anyone worrying about methylation issues, after a month run of the stuff, my total cholesterol was 119!! Also, liver values were unchanged from the previous bloodwork. Essentially, we should look for more fat loss, and better muscle retention/gain in the new version.

Infact, I actually have a before and after shot of nothing else changed in my supp routine except for retain:

Max32

Max32

Awards
  • Established
Godd job getting the info Max. I am surprised and a bit disappointed but I am sure I will give it another try now that it will be during PCT and I can isolate if any of the side effects are from the Retain or something else. Can't wait till NP has it.
My pct is going to be to the point where I actually may continue to gain, LOL....

-ALRI Retain
-ALRI Ultra Hotter
-Designer activaTE
-Scivation Fenotest
:dance:

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Mine is going to be

HCG 500ius for 10 days (until last day of cycle)

Ultra Hotter
Retain
Blue Rhino
Ogoplex
MACA
Fenugreek
Glucophase XR
IGF 50mcgs 5on 2 off
hGH 3ius 5 on 2 off
San T3 (Gugglesterones)
c-Amphobolic

Giantz11

Giantz11

Really Really Good Looking
Awards
  • Established
My pct is going to be to the point where I actually may continue to gain, LOL....
LOL.....I know what you mean bro....I'm thinkin the same thing, can't wait till NP gets this stuff!

Max32

Max32

Awards
  • Established
I stand trumped....I forgot to add all of the basic goodies that I will be taking anyway...

Mine is going to be

HCG 500ius for 10 days (until last day of cycle)

Ultra Hotter
Retain
Blue Rhino
Ogoplex
MACA
Fenugreek
Glucophase XR
IGF 50mcgs 5on 2 off
hGH 3ius 5 on 2 off
San T3 (Gugglesterones)
c-Amphobolic

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It is likely overkill but I want to see how a complete PCT that covers every angle (even if it is ridiculously expensive) will really work.

I stand trumped....I forgot to add all of the basic goodies that I will be taking anyway...

Max32

Max32

Awards
  • Established
It is likely overkill but I want to see how a complete PCT that covers every angle (even if it is ridiculously expensive) will really work.
I hear ya man, have u ever used the ogoplex before? If it does half of what it claims, I say money well spent...:lol:

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What is retain best suitable for, pct or just as a standalone?

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The Ogoplex is great. I have used it before with great success. It takes about a week to build up and be effective. I would say that the longer you take it the better it works. Be careful though not to drench your girl.......:jaw:

I hear ya man, have u ever used the ogoplex before? If it does half of what it claims, I say money well spent...:lol:

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
ok looks like im waiting for stryder to get this in..was gonna buy it tongiht

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
Just my $.02 regarding Retain:

I was one of the beta testers for this product. I think I was one of the few testers that ran it for PCT. This compound is defiantly effective at maintaining lbm post cycle. I retained as much lbm as I ever have with a drastically reduced supplement regime compared to what I typically run pct. It’s a great product.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
SOLD!! :nutkick:

Max32

Max32

Awards
  • Established
Just my $.02 regarding Retain:

I was one of the beta testers for this product. I think I was one of the few testers that ran it for PCT. This compound is defiantly effective at maintaining lbm post cycle. I retained as much lbm as I ever have with a drastically reduced supplement regime compared to what I typically run pct. It’s a great product.
and bow, we were only taking one of the ingredients, though I imagine the main ingredient. The new version should be more potent than our beta....God, I am beginning to sound like an ALRI pimp :rofl:

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
"Wanna look like Max32, take ALRI products..."

Well I'd be sold...

and bow, we were only taking one of the ingredients, though I imagine the main ingredient. The new version should be more potent than our beta....God, I am beginning to sound like an ALRI pimp :rofl:

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established

Max, in these pictures, what was the weight difference between them?

Not being awkward, but just an observation - i think you look better on the left-hand photo. Your delts and arms look fuller and bigger. Is this the "after" shot, yeah?

Max32

Max32

Awards
  • Established
Max, in these pictures, what was the weight difference between them?

Not being awkward, but just an observation - i think you look better on the left-hand photo. Your delts and arms look fuller and bigger. Is this the "after" shot, yeah?
You are actually the first person to tell me I look better on the left side, which was the 3 1/2 wk before pic. I believe I worked bis and shoulders that day prior to the pics. In the second pic, strength remained constant if not slightly up, I dropped 4 lbs, but over an inch in the waist. I can see noticeable seperation and detail changes in the abs (hard to see in the left pick), upper chest, and delt cap. Also, my arm measurments remained unchanged with a pump at 19.5 at that time (I finally hit 20" recently :dance: )

Any criticism is good though Rob....

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
Being that we have Rob the critic in the house, figured I post my before/after Retain photos. Keep in mind that the before (left) was taken during the first day of pct and the after (right) was at day 20 of pct with Retain.

Attachments

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
Robboe lives in his own world guys, remember that...

Being that we have Rob the critic in the house, figured I post my before/after Retain photos. Keep in mind that the before (left) was taken during the first day of pct and the after (right) was at day 20 of pct with Retain.

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
i thoguht the before pic was better too.just my 2 cents

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
Yeah they are, all good guys, very accessible and they make great products. Ok there, it's said, now back to being sarcastic.....

He is a good guy though, as are all the Designer crew...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TheVenom MA Labs 2
TheVenom Supplement Logs 12
Cycle Logs 6
General Chat 16
EEmain General Chat 12