New Nutraplanet

Stabsy

Stabsy

Awards
New site is up. Looks like a copy of smartpowders?
Not sure if I like it. Seems a lot of info is missing :(

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The format doesnt work well with my Android making it more time consuming searching through the site. But hey as long as they keep those blowout sales they run I can definitely get past it.

Stabsy

Stabsy

Awards
No black lion research listed, no olympus labs listed ??

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
10 pounds of high quality Nutraplanet brand Whey protein for $59.98!. Seriously awesome deal!. How could anyone be complaining with these prices!

egoalterna

egoalterna

Awards
Sigh...why not concentrate on getting stuff back in stock?
I like the new bulk products though.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nutraplanet is the best retailer for supplements and will always be my first choice. I've used them since I first knew about them back in late '04.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I guess that's ok. Just would like to know what it means for customers. One question I have is, why have two separate sites for the same thing?

Stabsy

Stabsy

Awards
Will take some getting used to

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
I have pretty much only ordered from NP and SP (and Evomuse) for awhile now so this is kinda cool. The new sites are an adjustment though.

Stabsy

Stabsy

Awards
I have ordered quite a few times from NP. Just hope they get the missing products back up. Product detail is not as good as the old site at the moment but fingers crossed for more to come :)

determination

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just placed an order on the new site. I really like all the new shipping options.

Stabsy

Stabsy

Awards
Noticed that too. Cheap international usps :)

And paypal

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Looks like old product links are not matching up from organic traffic? Looks like you need to set some 301s to new urls or fix mod rewrites

Not a big fan of the mobile ux. the text color of a clicked link blends way too much with the nav on mobile making the nav text hard to find

alexoc949

alexoc949

Awards
  • Established
What's up with the shipping, no more flat rate?

jp_x_type

jp_x_type

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, no more international flat rate shipping. Shipping options at the moment are the ones offered by smart powders. For international customers like me, they put me off from placing as many orders as i wish.

Im also assuming all the np bulk powders are now sp bulk powders

A thing id like Them to reintroduce on the site is the ability to add products to a wishlist

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
I don't know guys... Looking like some brands have been eliminated (OL/BLR) and some brands only have a single product from the lineup (Myokem).... Initially not really impressed.

Matt

Stabsy

Stabsy

Awards
CEL is another. Analyzed also.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I asked about Olympus Labs and it will be added eventually.

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The launch was late and poorly executed IMO. Not a big fan of the interface either. I think the product line up and shipping options will get updated soon so just an inconvenience at this point.

My biggest complaint is the fact that all accounts were erased and I lost NP bucks.

Beami

Awards
Yesterday I asked about their 7.99 international shipping rate and got the following answer:
We are adding those international shipping options today. We will have a 7.99 shipping option. We just needed to get the site live before we were able to get these international options going to make sure that it printed all the needed paperwork.

We are adding TONS of products and deals as we speak along with the cheaper shipping. Please check back at the end of the day to see some big changes. Also we are optimizing the site for better searches and speed. What you see now will be as BAD as we will ever be:) Thank you so much for the feedback!!

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yesterday I asked about their 7.99 international shipping rate and got the following answer:
We are adding those international shipping options today. We will have a 7.99 shipping option. We just needed to get the site live before we were able to get these international options going to make sure that it printed all the needed paperwork.

We are adding TONS of products and deals as we speak along with the cheaper shipping. Please check back at the end of the day to see some big changes. Also we are optimizing the site for better searches and speed. What you see now will be as BAD as we will ever be:) Thank you so much for the feedback!!
If they said that yesterday, they missed the deadline ... Shocked!

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What's up AM crew...yes, the site is still being updated and all the old favorite brands and products will be added back to the site. Unfortunately upgrading our platform was a daunting task and the two systems didn't play nice. Our guys are working around the clock to get everything back up while improving the site's features.

In the meantime, enjoy all the bulk powders...and more to come!

Stabsy

Stabsy

Awards
Looking forward to it :)

egoalterna

egoalterna

Awards
So is nutraplanet now a sister site to s m a r t p * w d e r s?
Their bulks have the same prices, same packaging, and the site's layouts are the same.
I don't trust the s m a r t p * w d e r s quality, so if nutraplanet is using the same, then well....

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
that protein price is really solid, i hope it's as good as the last np protein, that stuff was delicious

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have no problem trusting SP quality...loved the clearance section, just didn't care for the shipping costs...but will give them the benefit of working that out in time...

egoalterna

egoalterna

Awards
Ordered 100 grams of AlphaGPC and 5 grams of Phenylpiracetam to help me study this past fall. I got nothing from the SP phenylpiracetam. I usually just say that I'm a non responder, but then I ordered some Phenylpiracetam from liftmode and got the effects that was advertised. So thats why I don't trust SP. Could just be that their phenylpiracetam is bunk, and the other bulks are great, but I'm not gonna take that chance again.
As for the AlphaGPC, I was dosing 500 mg morning and 500 mg afternoon and eventually moved up to 1 gram per dose. I noticed nothing. I have not yet tried another brand/bulk to compare it to.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I noticed this too - and SP just rolled out a new site. The pricing and powders are identical.

To be honest, I'm not really thrilled if the two companies have become linked in some way. I always saw NP as my go-to for trusted stuff. I felt their bulk products were maybe a little higher quality/more reliable.

Not that SP didn't have it's niche - they had more bulk products/variety and could supply things NP didn't have with maybe slightly lower quality (although I had some trust in SP as well). I recently order bulk TTA powder, 5 pounds of the PB-Chocolate protein ($30) and 2 cans of the USP labs Grape BCAA from SP - now I notice the same exact things are at NP.

Just so everyone knows - when I ordered the 5 pounds for $30 on the whey, I was shipped 5 pounds of Scivation whey protein (in the tub). The PB-Chocolate flavor isn't that great, IMO, but I guess I shouldn't be comparing it to PB Select. Other than that, seems like a decent whey isolate/concentrate mixture. I may go in for another 10 pounds at $60. The profile is decent - not the best but still high quality. And the taste is growing on me a little...for $60 I'm probably in for another 10 pounds...

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I got the same thing. Scivation choc pb. I've had better versions of that flavor tbh but it is plenty good and with the sale about as cheap as you can get from such a reputable company. I am holding off on ordering hoping for a July 4 sale and have my fingers crossed it's still that price.

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
As for the AlphaGPC, I was dosing 500 mg morning and 500 mg afternoon and eventually moved up to 1 gram per dose. I noticed nothing. I have not yet tried another brand/bulk to compare it to.
It's bought direct from the patent holders, so there is no qc issue there.

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
I noticed this too - and SP just rolled out a new site. The pricing and powders are identical.

To be honest, I'm not really thrilled if the two companies have become linked in some way. I always saw NP as my go-to for trusted stuff. I felt their bulk products were maybe a little higher quality/more reliable.

Not that SP didn't have it's niche - they had more bulk products/variety and could supply things NP didn't have with maybe slightly lower quality (although I had some trust in SP as well). I recently order bulk TTA powder, 5 pounds of the PB-Chocolate protein ($30) and 2 cans of the USP labs Grape BCAA from SP - now I notice the same exact things are at NP.

Just so everyone knows - when I ordered the 5 pounds for $30 on the whey, I was shipped 5 pounds of Scivation whey protein (in the tub). The PB-Chocolate flavor isn't that great, IMO, but I guess I shouldn't be comparing it to PB Select. Other than that, seems like a decent whey isolate/concentrate mixture. I may go in for another 10 pounds at $60. The profile is decent - not the best but still high quality. And the taste is growing on me a little...for $60 I'm probably in for another 10 pounds...
I was one of the first people to do bulk powders to consumers in 2001. You can see my start date even on here being one of the oldest you'll find. I spent 4 years being the leader of bulk powders to consumers. I've been sourcing for 15 years. Just as a note, it costs 30 dollars to manufacture a compliant 5lb protein. This deal was only done to blow out a protein for which the label changed.

In regards to the profile being decent, it's a WPC80. Besides those lactose intolerant, I'd much rather have that vs an isolate. The more intact a protein can be, the better. I've spent over 200k research differences in hydroslates vs concentrates and concentrates win out.

Just some back ground :)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was one of the first people to do bulk powders to consumers in 2001. You can see my start date even on here being one of the oldest you'll find. I spent 4 years being the leader of bulk powders to consumers. I've been sourcing for 15 years. Just as a note, it costs 30 dollars to manufacture a compliant 5lb protein. This deal was only done to blow out a protein for which the label changed.

In regards to the profile being decent, it's a WPC80. Besides those lactose intolerant, I'd much rather have that vs an isolate. The more intact a protein can be, the better. I've spent over 200k research differences in hydroslates vs concentrates and concentrates win out.

This is Chris right ? Yah I used to get all kinds of goodies from you back in the day.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
10 pounds of high quality Nutraplanet brand Whey protein for $59.98!. Seriously awesome deal!. How could anyone be complaining with these prices!
what's the shipping costs?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Hey Mike, I know who you are - I went to school at Elon and we actually spoke way back in maybe 2000-2001 over the internet. I had a small supplement company myself at the time, and we just ran across each other on a board somewhere. You obviously went much further with it :)

I didn't mean to insinuate anything overly negative about SP - just point out strengths and weaknesses. I honestly just felt that NP stuff was stuff you could trust 95% and SP I trusted maybe 90%. I know how hard it is to source things and how easy it is to have someone that supplies raw ingredients stick you. In all honesty, it may have been more of a website/perception issue - NP always had complete packaging info, and maybe a little cleaner "look".

Don't get me wrong though - I've order a bunch of stuff from SP too....as I said in the post. And I was NOT knocking the protein - I was saying the profile was pretty good, i.e. - not a lot of extra fat/carbs and a decent whey mix and I believe the label states that there is some isolate in there but maybe I am wrong). The flavor could be better, but it is not sub-par for a powder. Like I said, I'm probably going in for another 10 pounds shortly if it's still around at that price. It's a steal.

Also, as a follow-up....the flavor may not be my favorite but I'm finding that it is growing on me, and if I carefully measure the water to 4-5 oz. then it is pretty good. When I eye ball my water for a shake it comes out more in the 6-8 oz. range and I think the PBC flavor gets too diluted at that point....with less water it is better.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Mike actually inspired me to get into the bulk powders...just sayin' ;)

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I remember a guy named Dennis Daroach(sp.) that used to help he out all the time at 1Fast400/Bulknutrition. Good guy, always was very helpful.

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
I remember a guy named Dennis Daroach(sp.) that used to help he out all the time at 1Fast400/Bulknutrition. Good guy, always was very helpful.
Dennis is taking over logistics of the operation. A lot of the old team is coming back :)

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
He didn't have any stock so it's a new item that will have to be added. Production on a new item will take a minimum of 8 weeks and likely 12.