That price is SICK!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Question? Picture says Raspberry Lemonade flavor but in capsules. Is it a powder or capsules?

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Question? Picture says Raspberry Lemonade flavor but in capsules. Is it a powder or capsules?
It's both ;)

If you don't have the time to pop open the capsules, dump the contents and savor them in some water you can always leave them capsulated and kick em' back.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Acute FX Directions:

As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules 30-60 minutes prior to training to assess tolerance. Once tolerance has been assessed, increase serving to 3-4 capsules prior to training. If desired, pull apart the capsule and empty contents into 4-8 Oz. of water and consume 30 minutes prior to training. DO NOT EXCEED 4 CAPSULES PER DAY. Consult with your physician before using this product. Discard after expiration date.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's both ;)

If you don't have the time to pop open the capsules, dump the contents and savor them in some water you can always leave them capsulated and kick em' back.
x2! This is awesome because some days I'm in a rush and need to pop some caps quick, other times I like to just take a drink and enjoy the taste, which I hear is awesome :D

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's both ;)

Holy crap, that is a freakin cool idea lol serious. Are you guys the first company to do this?

MIke

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Holy crap, that is a freakin cool idea lol serious. Are you guys the first company to do this?

MIke
First I've ever heard of it, thats for sure!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

MIke
Not 100% sure but I havn't seen any other company do this yet.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That really is a cool idea guys!

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah as far as I am aware we are the first to use it for this purpose. I am sure at some time in history some company was using the same idea but definitely not as a preworkout or in the bodybuilding industry. It is great though, you don't always have time to fill up, you just knock it back or pop em open!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Most ready to go pre-workout available no doubt!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Forrest Griffin Retires from MMA

Dana just announced it at press conference.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cat Zingano out of TUF 18 - Tate replacing

As taping of The Ultimate Fighter 18 began on Tuesday, UFC bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey got a big surprise in the form of her opposing coach: former opponent and long-time ***** Miesha Tate.

Rousey had been expected to coach the season against Cat Zingano, who earned the honor by defeating Tate at the TUF 17 Finale on April 13.

But Zingano was injured during training, forcing TUF 18 to call up a new coach, which was revealed to cast members and Rousey alike earlier today.

"Everyone said an Ultimate Fighter between me and Miesha would be the best," said Rousey to reporter Kevin Iole. "For some reason, I think me and Miesha are intertwined in fate like Ali and Frazier."

Rousey will now face Tate at the end of the season instead of Zingano in a bantamweight title match. The two first fought in March of 2012, with Rousey nabbing Tate's Strikeforce title via first-round submission.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Luke Rockhold calls out Michael Bisping

Former Strikeforce champ Luke Rockhold calls out Michael Bisping

by Matt Erickson on May 28, 2013 at 3:00 pm ET

luke-rockhold-11.jpgIt's only been 10 days, but Luke Rockhold already is looking for his next fight. And it's one that has been talked about plenty already.

Rockhold (10-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC) earlier this month was knocked out by a Vitor Belfort spinning kick at UFC on FX 8 in Brazil. But now the cobwebs have cleared, and the former Strikeforce middleweight champion is interested in a shot at longtime UFC contender Michael Bisping (24-5 MMA, 14-5 UFC).

Rockhold on Tuesday took to his Twitter account to call out the Brit and copied in UFC President Dana White in the tweet.

"@bisping u dont have opponent, I dont have opponent, u talk s--t about 'practice' i say we set the record straight once & for all Danawhite," Rockhold wrote.

Late this past year, Bisping said he had done a sparring session with Rockhold, and because of how that session went, he considered him the unofficial Strikeforce middleweight champion, the title Rockhold held at the time before that promotion was folded into the UFC in January.

Bisping in April beat Alan Belcher by TKO when the fight had to be stopped in the third round due to an accidental eye poke by Bisping. But in January, coincidentally, Bisping suffered much the same fate as Rockhold at the hands of Belfort when he was kicked in the head and stopped at UFC on FX 7 in Brazil.

Before Rockhold's loss to Belfort, he had a nine-fight win streak that included a unanimous decision over Ronaldo Souza to win the Strikeforce 185-pound belt in September 2011. He defended that title with a first-round TKO of Keith Jardine and a decision win over Tim Kennedy, but injuries kept him from defending it again before Strikeforce folded.

Bisping has traded losses and wins his past four fights. A four-fight win streak over Dan Miller, Yoshihiro Akiyama, Jorge Rivera and Jason Miller got him a title eliminator fight with Chael Sonnen at UFC on FOX 2, but he lost a unanimous decision. After a win over Brian Stann, he lost to Belfort in January before rebounding against Belcher at UFC 159 in April.

After Bisping's comments this past year, Rockhold responded on Twitter by saying, "That's an interesting take. I'll see you in the UFC soon my friend."

With Rockhold's Tuesday callout, that now has become a very real possibility.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why Hunt vs. JDS Was the Best Match in UFC HW History

Gary A. Vasquez-USA TODAY Sports

Through writing on the strategy of fights and my critical attitude toward hype and gift matchups, I have developed something of a reputation for at least being an honest writer.
I do not like to pretend that all main events are main-event worthy or that all dominating performances show improvement in the winner—you only need to look at how little I wrote about Cain Velasquez vs. Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva to see that I don't have time to hype gift fights or waffle about matches which don't interest me.
What I can say with all honesty is that Mark Hunt vs. Junior dos Santos was, in my mind, the best fight in UFC heavyweight history—only matched in technical nuance and excitement at heavyweight by Fedor Emelianenko and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's trilolgy of fights in PRIDE FC.
I can already tell that many are getting their angry comments ready, so I shall move right on to the technical and strategic nuances of this war. Rarely does a fight move through so many strategic stanzas. Often, fighters will just hammer away with their first strategy and either win or lose by it.
The fact that this fight culminated with a beautiful wheel kick in response to Hunt's active parrying hand shows just how far each man was going into his bag of tricks to find something which matched his opponent, rather than just throwing their A-game at him, taking a breather and trying again.
Let's have a good look at how the fight progressed.

Hunt's Counter Left Hook
I spoke before the fight about how Hunt's striking strategy has evolved from his K-1 days, where he was a right-hand centric banger, to the point where his left hook is in fact his best weapon.
Hunt makes the most of his reach disadvantage by carrying his right hand open and forward of his chin (this is important for later!) in order to parry jabs over his lead shoulder so that he can step in, crumple the pocket of space between himself and his opponent and throw his punches.
Against men such as Cheick Kongo, Ben Rothwell and Chris Tuchscherer, this worked well when they jabbed, because they aren't very skilled boxers, but equally, they didn't jab that often, so it was almost as if Hunt couldn't utilize his counter game to its full potential. Stefan Struve jabbed a little more often, but was very bad at it and allowed Hunt to tee off on him.
Dos Santos lunges in with his face for a right body straight; Hunt lands a left hook on the neck.
What was exciting about this matchup was that dos Santos jabs both frequently and very competently. He would at the same time be testing Hunt's counter game andgiving Hunt the opportunity to work his best techniques.
Dos Santos runs into another counter left hook.
The first part of the bout was a case of dos Santos lunging it with his rapier-like jabs and body jabs and often being clipped with Hunt's counter left hook. Hunt would parry dos Santos' attack and retaliate before the taller man could get in and out. Dos Santos' quick feet saved him from serious damage, but the smack on Hunt's counters was audible.

Dos Santos' Cross Counter
What dos Santos did to take advantage of Hunt's active counterpunching game was to bait Hunt into reaching across himself with counterpunches. You will remember this from the Junior dos Santos vs. Cain Velasquez bout as dos Santos went to the body with straight punch, changed his level and brought his head toward Velasquez's right side, but a good enough distance from his opponent's right hand to encourage jabs.
What Velasquez did was attempt to retaliate with jabs at a time when jabbing served more to open him up and to hurt or counter dos Santos (something which got JDS dropped in their rematch as he tried to jab while running backward).
Where Velasquez jabbed, Hunt was hooking. JDS' moving of his head toward Hunt's right took the sting off the left hook and allowed him to arc his right hand over the top of Hunt's lead shoulder.
Dos Santos throws his head to Hunt's right, forcing the hook to travel a greater distance.
Hunt's punch has petered out by the time it reaches Cigano's head, while dos Santos' swing connects over the top.
Hunt fights with his lead hand low, and he normally uses his feet, his head movement and his lead shoulder to avoid right-handed punches—watch his cracking counter of Cheick Kongo's right hand lead to see that in action—but those are reactions.
It's hard to react when in the middle of counterpunching. Hunt was reacting to dos Santos' lead and not realising that as Cigano's head placement took the power off Hunt's hook, it also placed him in line to hurt Hunt with a mortar-like right hand.
After dos Santos had dropped the iron-jawed Samoan, he found a respite from Hunt's counterpunching game as Hunt was understandably slowed and more cautious. Cigano's right hand found its mark a couple more times in this way, but Hunt was more measured in his counter attempts after this.

Hunt's Cage Rush
Mark Hunt had great success in backing dos Santos up right to the fence and catching him as he attempted to circle along it. You will remember this strategy from the Struve bout—most notably the start of the second round, as he ran Struve to the fence and then hit him with a left hook as the Dutchman circled straight into it.
Hunt catches dos Santos with a left hook as the Brazilian tries to circle out from the fence.
Hunt used exactly the same strategy against dos Santos and was able to land a good salvo after stopping dos Santos' lateral movement with his left hook.
Dos Santos swung back with his feet close together along the fence in exactly the sort of ill-thought-out exchange which got him dropped by Velasquez. Dos Santos soon recovered his composure, however, and moved more effectively to stay off the fence.
Hunt also uses his right hand well along the fence and landed a good body shot or two to prevent dos Santos from simply circling out in the other direction when they reached the fence.
Using the left hook to stop dos Santos' movement, Hunt would follow with the right to the head...
or the body.
The Wheel Kick
The way that you can tell this fight was a brilliant match of wits and skills is that dos Santos, despite having success early with one tactic, was forced to dig deep into his bag of tricks to stop this one in the last minutes of the fight.
The wheel kick is something we are seeing more of. But where Vitor Belfort recently knocked a numb, flatfooted and defensively absent Luke Rockhold with it, Belfort could have used any other technique in his arsenal because Rockhold had done nothing but allow each punches and wave Belfort on.
What was wonderful about dos Santos' wheel kick was that it perfectly exploited a hole in an otherwise technically sound and savvy opponent.
Cigano looks as if he is going to spin early in the second round, but thinks more about it.
I mentioned prior to the bout that carrying the rear hand forward of the jaw is excellent for parrying jabs, but it does leave one vulnerable to long attacks around the side such as leaping left hooks, though those can be dealt with through good reactions because they are far slower than the jab which is being eliminated.
As Hunt parries, he exposes the right side of his jaw. A quick left hook would be necessary in boxing... but not in MMA!
My example was the left hook because, frankly, who could have seen that wheel kick coming? The wheel kick, however, serves exactly the same purpose when used well.
Just watch Badr Hari knock out Stefan Leko with it. Just as dos Santos did, he gets Leko parrying and spins while his lead arm is still in the process of drawing Leko's parry. Leko's rear hand is kept away from his head, and he can't hope to get it back in time to place his full forearm in front of the force of the kick.
Here is dos Santos' rendition: He jabs, and as Hunt reaches to parry, Cigano spins and connects the kick.
Cigano jabs and steps across himself; Hunt parries.
It is pretty much impossible for Hunt to get his right forearm in a solid braced position in time to take the kick.
A back-and-forth battle of technical and strategic experimentation, and while the fighters were exhausted by the end, neither seemed to have the traditional "heavyweight cardio" where they gas out four minutes into the bout. Dos Santos proved he had the heart and savvy to stop a kickboxing legend, while Hunt proved that he could hang with the No. 2 heavyweight in the world.
Because of the nature of the knockout, this bout may be misremembered as a one-sided beatdown, but that would be a tragedy as either man, if he retrained to specifically counter his opponent's tendencies better, could come out as the winner in a rematch.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hunt's chin was ridiculous. He took like 5 overhand rights that should have KO'd or TKO'd most fighters.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That was a wicked fight!

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah those two guys are on a completely different level right now, unbelievably talented!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hunt's chin was ridiculous. He took like 5 overhand rights that should have KO'd or TKO'd most fighters.
I just noticed you posted this in the acute fx thread, think ya ment the Athletix MMA thread :p

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When is the non stim coming out?
Maybe a few weeks or so after Acute FX was released, by that time Acute won't be at this amazing price, so I'd jump on it!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bump for this amazing sale, don't miss out, the reviews have been looking amazing!

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It will only be there for another day or so as well. Good time to check out the latest innovation :).