WTF..is up with High PRiced PROTEIN!!!

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. I cannot stomach oatmeal in milk anymore.In the first 3 years of my lifting career I ate egg and oats for breakfast.Never again.I gotta blend my oats in a shake now for breakfast if I want to have them.

Chicken sucks imo.So much more benefit eating fresh fish instead of it.It is always possible to buy high quality foods for low costs.

Go to the butcher,fishmonger or to a ethnic district.Talk to the manager,explain what you do and ask if they can cut you a break.Over here in Ireland we catch a lot of cod and salmon.I get some pretty good prices for them if I buy 5lbs in one go.Same with beef.Great grass fed beef over here that you can buy with little to no fat.Butcher sends a text out when the meat is done in its hanging process to all of the customers.That lactic acid really makes it melt in the mouth.

Sorry for the rant but its purpose is to show people that meat is accessible for cheap prices.I met this butcher 5 years ago when I was just 18 and my loyalty has helped me to get cheap meat.I'd suggest this route if your thinking of switching to whole foods meals only.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Roniboney View Post
    I cannot stomach oatmeal in milk anymore.In the first 3 years of my lifting career I ate egg and oats for breakfast.Never again.I gotta blend my oats in a shake now for breakfast if I want to have them.

Chicken sucks imo.So much more benefit eating fresh fish instead of it.It is always possible to buy high quality foods for low costs.

Go to the butcher,fishmonger or to a ethnic district.Talk to the manager,explain what you do and ask if they can cut you a break.Over here in Ireland we catch a lot of cod and salmon.I get some pretty good prices for them if I buy 5lbs in one go.Same with beef.Great grass fed beef over here that you can buy with little to no fat.Butcher sends a text out when the meat is done in its hanging process to all of the customers.That lactic acid really makes it melt in the mouth.

Sorry for the rant but its purpose is to show people that meat is accessible for cheap prices.I met this butcher 5 years ago when I was just 18 and my loyalty has helped me to get cheap meat.I'd suggest this route if your thinking of switching to whole foods meals only.
    You make me want to move to Ireland
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    You make me want to move to Ireland
    At 280 you'd be the biggest guy over here.Not even the Irish rugby team are that heavy

4. Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    it stinks big time...

However, just so everyone here realizes, its not companies just randomly choosing to charge you more. Whey prices have more than doubled in the past 12 months. It sucks for companies just as much as it sucks for individuals.

If you are buying whey at a cheap price now, there are only 2 reasons as to why:

1. Its using old raws(purchased before the massive price increases hit)
    2. It does not meet label claims

Anyone see the 5lbs "whey isolate" selling for like $29.99 here? Whey isolate costs $7.50/lbs MINIMUM for the company making the product. That means 5lbs of whey isolate costs $37.50 BEFORE the flavoring, bottle, lid, label, shipping is factored in...

keep buying the cheap stuff, and keep getting ripped off

iForce Protean will be available for $46.75 on March 1st here. Top notch quality, and top notch flavor. Can't beat it.

Case in point....

5. I see this was mentioned in the latest MF e-letter...

Pricing:
    • Protein - Pricing on protein appears to be stabilized at the present time. The general consensus is that it will stay at current levels and possibly decline a bit as we get into the second quarter of the year. I think prices will probably hold about where they are today. There is some additional capacity of whey protein coming into the market in the second quarter but I am not convinced it will be enough to drop pricing. The good news here is that we should not see more price increases through the year.

•   

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-28-2011, 11:16 PM
  2. Incredibly Priced Protein Bars !!
    By perryat in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-20-2011, 10:14 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 06:01 PM
  4. Best Priced Protein