WTF..is up with High PRiced PROTEIN!!!
- 02-15-2012, 02:15 PM
I cannot stomach oatmeal in milk anymore.In the first 3 years of my lifting career I ate egg and oats for breakfast.Never again.I gotta blend my oats in a shake now for breakfast if I want to have them.
Chicken sucks imo.So much more benefit eating fresh fish instead of it.It is always possible to buy high quality foods for low costs.
Go to the butcher,fishmonger or to a ethnic district.Talk to the manager,explain what you do and ask if they can cut you a break.Over here in Ireland we catch a lot of cod and salmon.I get some pretty good prices for them if I buy 5lbs in one go.Same with beef.Great grass fed beef over here that you can buy with little to no fat.Butcher sends a text out when the meat is done in its hanging process to all of the customers.That lactic acid really makes it melt in the mouth.
Sorry for the rant but its purpose is to show people that meat is accessible for cheap prices.I met this butcher 5 years ago when I was just 18 and my loyalty has helped me to get cheap meat.I'd suggest this route if your thinking of switching to whole foods meals only.
- 02-16-2012, 12:06 PM
02-16-2012, 01:30 PM
02-16-2012, 01:56 PM
02-16-2012, 02:23 PM
I see this was mentioned in the latest MF e-letter...
- Protein - Pricing on protein appears to be stabilized at the present time. The general consensus is that it will stay at current levels and possibly decline a bit as we get into the second quarter of the year. I think prices will probably hold about where they are today. There is some additional capacity of whey protein coming into the market in the second quarter but I am not convinced it will be enough to drop pricing. The good news here is that we should not see more price increases through the year.
Similar Forum Threads
- By afen in forum Weight LossReplies: 4Last Post: 11-28-2011, 10:16 PM
- By perryat in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 2Last Post: 11-20-2011, 09:14 PM
- By Socrates44 in forum RecipesReplies: 5Last Post: 03-03-2009, 05:01 PM
- By MF210 in forum SupplementsReplies: 11Last Post: 01-26-2004, 06:18 PM