Crazy Idea: Stop Listing Items Not in Stock

1. Maestro
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.41%

Arrow Crazy Idea: Stop Listing Items Not in Stock

This has been a recurring issue with ordering from NP over the years and right now...

You guys have been out of 180-count ZMA from Prima and NOW the last three times I've tried to order it from your site. Yet it's still listed. Only the considerably higher priced ON brand one is still available (and only one left at that). Hello Amazon, here I come for my ZMA and a couple of other items again. Even your #1, #4 and #6 top sellers (30 serving Xtend, Raspberries Ketones and 5 lbs Nutrapro protein) according to the left side of your site are actually out of stock. The Raspberries have been out of stock for a while now, or at least have been every time I've checked. Makes me think that they aren't actually your best sellers - just the products you want to push the most. Understandable as you are a business and a business should make money. It does not reflect well on NP though, and as a customer, I find it quite annoying.

Here's my crazy idea. If you don't have it in stock and won't have it in stock within the next couple or so of days, remove it from the list of products you claim to carry and sell.

Thank you for listening.

-Blesum

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.87%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Agreed
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.85%
    Achievements Posting Pro

i also hate it when things are out of stock, but its just a part of business. If they never intend to have it back in stock, then yes i would agree that they should take it off the site that way people are not waiting for it to come back into stock. however, if they simply sell out of something and will have more in stock within a week or so, then its a bit much to take it off the site entirely. that would make me as the consumer believe they do not carry the product at all. at least with the "out of stock" label i know that they carry the item and that it should be back in stock some time soon.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.74%

Agreed.

Also annoying to have something listed in stock yet when you check out it is "oversold".
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.49%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

100% agreed.
  6. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.42%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Hey Blesum,

Your feedback is truly appreciated. Some of my thoughts on the matter:
    Primaforce ZMA: A staple of mine, not sure why it's OOS but all the other top selling Primaforce products are in stock. I can look into this. This has always been popular at NP and I've never found it OOS when I needed it.

Nutrapro: We had a huge sale on this and had our entire stock cleared out. It takes quite a few weeks to reorder, and this won't be in stock for a few weeks. No company delists a product when it's OOS that I'm aware of.

TUDCA: It sold much quicker than we expected, and it takes several weeks to get this capped. It's hard to predict supply and demand, but NP is always striving to make the best estimate.

Raspberry Ketones: Same deal as TUDCA, once we're OOS manufacturing delays often hold up this to a few weeks until after the current batch sells out. I'll get an ETA from Sam on this for you.

As for the 30serving old Xtend, this was a clearance item. If we have no plans to get it back in stock, I'll have same change the status to "Discontinued" to end any confusion/angst.

Lastly, the Top 100 list is actually generated by a computer and there is no Nutraplanet manipulation. None.

In short, Nutraplanet makes its best effort to have all items in stock, but often manufacturer delays prevent this. I try to provide accurate and timely ETAs in the sticky. Items that we will never carry again should be marked as discontinued, please let me know if you find items where this isn't the case.

Hope that clarifies things a smidge, although unfortunately I don't have a solution.
  7. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.84%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Blesum View Post
    This has been a recurring issue with ordering from NP over the years and right now...

You guys have been out of 180-count ZMA from Prima and NOW the last three times I've tried to order it from your site. Yet it's still listed. Only the considerably higher priced ON brand one is still available (and only one left at that). Hello Amazon, here I come for my ZMA and a couple of other items again. Even your #1, #4 and #6 top sellers (30 serving Xtend, Raspberries Ketones and 5 lbs Nutrapro protein) according to the left side of your site are actually out of stock. The Raspberries have been out of stock for a while now, or at least have been every time I've checked. Makes me think that they aren't actually your best sellers - just the products you want to push the most. Understandable as you are a business and a business should make money. It does not reflect well on NP though, and as a customer, I find it quite annoying.

Here's my crazy idea. If you don't have it in stock and won't have it in stock within the next couple or so of days, remove it from the list of products you claim to carry and sell.

Thank you for listening.

-Blesum
    Doing that would kill there SEO and hurt NP if they took it down just for being out for a couple of days or even a month. It takes google 4-6 weeks to pick back up on it being listed again on there site and during that time it will generate a bunch of 404 errors which will penalize them also. It is not something sneaky they are doing, they are running a business on the interwebz and have to play by Google's rules.
    ...Fat Burning, GDA, Muscle Building, Sleep Enhancing, Strength Enhancing Supplements...
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.87%

Quote Originally Posted by BulkPerf View Post
    Doing that would kill there SEO and hurt NP if they took it down just for being out for a couple of days or even a month. It takes google 4-6 weeks to pick back up on it being listed again on there site and during that time it will generate a bunch of 404 errors which will penalize them also. It is not something sneaky they are doing, they are running a business on the interwebz and have to play by Google's rules.
    Maybe just for the discontinued products? As for avoiding 404 pages, maybe still have the page on the server, but take away links to that page (i.e. product listing under manufacturer page, etc.) so viewers won't see or click on them.
  9. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.84%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Maybe just for the discontinued products? As for avoiding 404 pages, maybe still have the page on the server, but take away links to that page (i.e. product listing under manufacturer page, etc.) so viewers won't see or click on them.
    Meh best way to stop 404's is to 301 them to another page. Im just speaking from what i know im not NP and wont tell them how to run their store
    ...Fat Burning, GDA, Muscle Building, Sleep Enhancing, Strength Enhancing Supplements...
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.49%

idk if it's possible.. but when an ETA comes up.. maybe an estimate could be listed on that products page..
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.46%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by bigrobbierob
    Agreed.

Also annoying to have something listed in stock yet when you check out it is "oversold".
    This I agree with but to ask them to take down a listing because its temporarily sold out is asking a bit much
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.49%

I agree. It gets annoying.
  13. Maestro
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.41%

Waited a week with a 400+ cart...

I just now started to check to see if the other listed items came back into stock... So far, not one thing yet it's still listed. I could understand leaving something listed for a few days but I KNOW that some of these items have been out for months... Tsk tsk. Going to go ahead and buy my $400+ from Nutra as generally I like them and their prices/shipping but will be buying the OOS items from other sites rather than keep on waiting for items that probably won't come back into stock for a long time, if ever. I still think these OOS items should be removed from their advertised offerings. Leaving these things up just makes Nutra look stupid/incompetent and annoys some of us customers.

-Blesum
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.06%

I think the OP raised a good point as to if the top 100 is in fact accurate if items are out of site.

NP rep, you mentioned that the Rasberry ketones have a delay of up to a couple of weeks... then if that is the case, obviously you arent selling any for that period, so how is it still in the top 100?

Maybe Im missing something here...
  15. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.32%

Quote Originally Posted by SpongeTom View Post
    I think the OP raised a good point as to if the top 100 is in fact accurate if items are out of site.

NP rep, you mentioned that the Rasberry ketones have a delay of up to a couple of weeks... then if that is the case, obviously you arent selling any for that period, so how is it still in the top 100?

Maybe Im missing something here...
    The Top 100 list is a 30 day average. In the case of Rasberry Ketones it managed to sell a ton about a week ago so even with it being out of stock for the last week the average is way up there. Since most of the sales though took place over the course of two days it will drop like a rock in about 3 weeks.
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.06%

Makes perfect sense. Thanks mate.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Got a crazy idea
    By dpfisher in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-08-2009, 10:06 AM
  2. Crazy Idea
    By ItsHectic in forum Weight Loss