American Iso problems

1. Cutting Sucks!
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.9%

American Iso problems

I recently ordered some American Iso protein in Rocky road. I read some good reviews on the stuff and it seemed
    good. Now, I am wondering if I just happened to get a bad batch. This stuff absolutely will not mix. I usually just mix my protein in a plastic cup with a fork. No chance there. No luck with a shaker bottle either. Just clumps. It also seems to give me some terrible stomach issues which surprised me since isolate is usually easier for digestion. Anybody have similar issues or did I just get a bad one? Thanks, Anthony

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.14%

While I can't speak about this particular batch, if you are not familiar with MGN's history of quality control issues you should be able to find it by doing a search (here or on Google). Take that for what it's worth, but it is the very reason I am apprehensive about trying their products again.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.46%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Im on my first tub of american iso (ice cream sandwich) and its been good2go. No issues, and great taste.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.37%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I just recently bought their Cake Batter whey..Holy Fu*k it tastes amazing.. mixes well with cold water or milk. no issues as far as thats concerned...HOWEVER dont mix it in advance!! i washed out my shaker before i went to the gym and didnt wanna dry it so i just mixed the whey with water in advance..hit the weights, came back to find the stuff was pretty much half solidified. i dont even know how to expllain it, it took on a glue or gelatin for..i almost puked trying to drink it.. was like a cake flavored loogie..
    i'll probably buy one more tub cuz moneys tight and its cheap but that experience left me wondering wtf is in it??
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.46%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Thats weird because i always premix my protein and i never have issues. But i do thoroughly shake/mix it before i let it sit.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.37%

Quote Originally Posted by 808rebel View Post
    Thats weird because i always premix my protein and i never have issues. But i do thoroughly shake/mix it before i let it sit.
    ohhh it was mixed like a motha... could jsut be the cake batter flavor?? idunno.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.46%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Idk either? Id be pretty confused if my protein hardened up like gelatin lol.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.37%

yeah it was gross.. but when it comes to protein i dont **** around..haha choked that nasty **** down.
    i cant afford to waste any right now, but if i get another tub i'll do it again and post a vid. just to show you..****s seriously not right
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.37%

yeah it was gross.. but when it comes to protein i dont **** around..haha choked that nasty **** down.
    i cant afford to waste any right now, but if i get another tub i'll do it again and post a vid. just to show you..****s seriously not right
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.37%

Just ordered some more..they were out of icecream sandwich and cake batter....let's hope this rocky road is good..for some resason I thought u were sayin that's what u had 808..was the OP I guess.
    Cultivating Mass.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.37%

God damn it..and now I just realised the OP sayin it doesn't mix for ****!! Well I guess my review will be in later this week.
    Cultivating Mass.
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.46%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by steppinRazor View Post
    God damn it..and now I just realised the OP sayin it doesn't mix for ****!! Well I guess my review will be in later this week.
    lol... maybe the OP had a bad batch, i'll be on the lookout for the review. rocky road sounds like a hit or miss, but u never know, if its good ill give it a try..
    -It's not about what you're doing, it's about how you're doing it.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46%

Going by past issues with qualitty control i refuse to spend my money with that company. I was using the nutraplant naturals and loving it but it is being discontinued so i will be in search of a new go to powder. iI considered MGN american ISO but was just to aprehensive due to their past track record so my search continues.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.46%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by JamesFurey View Post
    Going by past issues with qualitty control i refuse to spend my money with that company. I was using the nutraplant naturals and loving it but it is being discontinued so i will be in search of a new go to powder. iI considered MGN american ISO but was just to aprehensive due to their past track record so my search continues.
    u were loving nutrapro naturals? thats what i was taking previous to MGN american Iso, the NutraPro Natural was too grainy...the texture didnt bother u?

btw, im really like MGN so far...
  15. Cutting Sucks!
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.9%

I wish I had known about the quality issues before I bought some. Guess I didn't research enough. I have choked down some nasty protein before but this stuff is the worst protein I have used in 10 years or so. Gonna just go back to nutrapro or optimum.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46%

u were loving nutrapro naturals? thats what i was taking previous to MGN american Iso, the NutraPro Natural was too grainy...the texture didnt bother u?

btw, im really like MGN so far...
    Yeah, i actually do really like the nutrapro naturals. it does not mix quite as well as i wish it would but taste wise its been great for me and i have never seen any major issues with the barnd other than mixing. The MGN i actually at one time used regularly until all the bad press just scared me off from wanting to use again. I had been considering using it again and maybe giving that company one last chance since naturals is leaving but then seeing posts like this makes me again shy away from giving them my money.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46%

Quote Originally Posted by Ant. View Post
    I wish I had known about the quality issues before I bought some. Guess I didn't research enough. I have choked down some nasty protein before but this stuff is the worst protein I have used in 10 years or so. Gonna just go back to nutrapro or optimum.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Im on a search to find a new go to protein as well. If i find anything worthwhile as cheap as american iso i will let ya know.
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.37%

So i just got my tub of AI "rocky Road"..i ordered this monday, i love nutraplanet with the ultra fast shipping

im not sure about the problems the OP was having cuz mine mixed perfectly fine.. no issues whatsoever.
    taste im gonna have to give a 7/10.. being a bit generous too. it doesnt taste bad but i guess its just not my style.. i really enjoyed the cake batter. hoping ice cream sandwich is in stock next purchase...gonna mix some with milk tonight and see how that goes..
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.46%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by steppinRazor View Post
    So i just got my tub of AI "rocky Road"..i ordered this monday, i love nutraplanet with the ultra fast shipping

im not sure about the problems the OP was having cuz mine mixed perfectly fine.. no issues whatsoever.
    taste im gonna have to give a 7/10.. being a bit generous too. it doesnt taste bad but i guess its just not my style.. i really enjoyed the cake batter. hoping ice cream sandwich is in stock next purchase...gonna mix some with milk tonight and see how that goes..
    good to know. i dont think rocky road is for me either, but the ice cream sandwich is good to go. maybe ill try cake batter next...
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.37%

good to know. i dont think rocky road is for me either, but the ice cream sandwich is good to go. maybe ill try cake batter next...
    nice..glad to hear IC Sammich is good to go.. its always a gamble when you venture outside the tried and true chocolate..
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.31%

I was thinkin to pick up a tub too. At that price why not? Now im thinking it over.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.46%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    I was thinkin to pick up a tub too. At that price why not? Now im thinking it over.
    seriously right? 30 bucks for 5lb of protein!? I bought it without even doing any research on the product or the brand, and Im very happy with it.
  23. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.16%

Just opened my tub of Rocky Road, threw a scoop and 8oz of milk in a blender bottle and it mixed up fine. The texture was a little grainy but I like the sweet taste of the protein.
  24. Cutting Sucks!
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.9%

Man, I'm not sure what happened to mine. Maybe it got too hot during shipping or something. Who knows. I'll try to mix some and put up a pic. I don't touch it anymore because of the digestive issues. I thought I had a stomach virus until I realized it happened every time I drank the protein.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymode View Post
    Just opened my tub of Rocky Road, threw a scoop and 8oz of milk in a blender bottle and it mixed up fine. The texture was a little grainy but I like the sweet taste of the protein.
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.37%

that sucks bro.. id def like to see a pic. im kinda disapointed i didnt take a pic of the cake batter flav i had.. it jelled up..was thje weirdest thing..makes me iffy on the brand but it does the job and its just so damned cheap.. wish nutrapro was still 30 bucks.

interesting enough tho, i wasnt too fond of the rocky road flavor upon my first impression,, but now i seriously love the stuff, its AMAZING after a workout..but then again most shakes are haha..

Similar Forum Threads

1. Squating problems b/c of knee & other problems - help
    By gettin'old in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-15-2011, 02:25 PM
  2. The American dream, The American Family
    By TexasLifter89 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-19-2009, 03:20 PM
  3. If We Buy American, No One Else Will
    By CopyCat in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0