International shipping via UPS

1. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.46%

International shipping via UPS

Every time in the past I ordered from NP, it came through USPS. Ordered today and it's UPS, probably to get around the postal strike here in Canada. Does NP pay for the UPS brokerage? I will avoid UPS like the plague because brokerage on a $150 order will be huge, like $60 probably. The website didn't say UPS, just "International Shipping". I am concerned I will get hit with this rip off brokerage charge from UPS.

Can anyone who has ordered from NP and shipped to Canada within the last 2 weeks comment?

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.96%

My order from nutraplanet shipped UPS as well. USPS is no longer accepting parcels to Canada due to our ****ty postal strike. Mine should be here sometime tomorrow, so I can let you know then if I get hit with big ass brokage fees. My order was only 60$ though. We will see.
  3. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.46%

Thanks. I also contacted support and they replied that they don't look after the brokerage. Well they said "cover" the brokerage which isn't what I really meant. Some companies like true protein will do the brokering themselves so you don't get a bill on delivery.
    The strike is now over though which is why I didn't expect this to ship UPS. I'm sure it hasn't filtered down to NP shipping department though... I will see if my shipment can be cancelled or recalled.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.13%

Jun 28, 2011 01:36 PACKAGE DATA PROCESSED BY BROKERAGE. WAITING FOR CLEARANCE RICHMOND, CA

FUUUUUUUU

If I see a huge brokerage charge on this $140 shipment when I receive it, I'm going to flip my ****

----------------

EDIT: NUTRAPLANET, THIS IS TOTAL CRAP!

I called UPS to ask what the brokerage fee is going to be, and it's $41 ON TOP OF the duty and taxes assessed on my shipment! This means that I'll be paying OVER SIXTY DOLLARS to receive a $140 package at the door!

This shipping service shouldn't even be an option without making it entirely clear what the additional brokerage charges are going to be. You guys said that you were looking in to cheaper ground shipping to Canada that might be slower - YOU DIDN'T SAY that it would end up being MORE expensive than had we just gone with overnight shipping in the first place!

Quote Originally Posted by stryder View Post
    We've implemented ground service to Canada via UPS to provide more economical rates. As nricciar stated, because this is a new courier, the rates are at a lower tiered discount until the volume starts to kick in.
    If this isn't remedied, this will be my last order with NP. I've spent $800 at NutraPlanet since January, and I'm sick and tired of dealing with this shipping BS. Thanks for making the shipping issues worse with your "fix"...

--------------

Edit... again: I called UPS back to tell them I would clear the package myself and save their ridiculous charges. If you're in the same city as your customs port, you can do this. It'll take under an hour for me, so I'll be making $40+ an hour just to deal with this stupid BS. Joy
  5. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.46%

I'm sure they don't realize that we will have to pay these brokerage charges. This is exactly why I avoid anywhere that says it ships UPS. The initial shipping charges are cheap because UPS gouges you 50-60% of the total value of your product by charging for brokerage.

I'm going to have UPS return this to NutraPlanet and ask that they refund my money. I might be out the shipping cost which is fine because that's better than huge brokerage fees.

YES The Canada Post strike is over, I received mail today. They probably didn't know this yet, but I told them today. I don't know how long that will take to filter down but hopefully this will be resolved soon.

IF it had clearly said UPS on the checkout page I would have simply waited because it's not that important that I needed to get my order in today. Since the postal strike was over, I figured it would be safe to order now. I guess I figured wrong but I hope we can all resolve this without incurring significant brokerage fees.

EDIT: Apparently only the sender can return to sender through the website, so I will either have to request NP do it, or maybe I can do it by phone.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by obvious View Post
    Jun 28, 2011 01:36 PACKAGE DATA PROCESSED BY BROKERAGE. WAITING FOR CLEARANCE RICHMOND, CA

FUUUUUUUU

If I see a huge brokerage charge on this $140 shipment when I receive it, I'm going to flip my ****

----------------

I called UPS to ask what the brokerage fee is going to be, and it's $41 ON TOP OF the duty and taxes assessed on my shipment! This means that I'll be paying OVER SIXTY DOLLARS to receive a $140 package at the door!

This shipping service shouldn't even be an option without making it entirely clear what the additional brokerage charges are going to be. You guys said that you were looking in to cheaper ground shipping to Canada that might be slower - YOU DIDN'T SAY that it would end up being MORE expensive than had we just gone with overnight shipping in the first place!

If this isn't remedied, this will be my last order with NP. I've spent $800 at NutraPlanet since January, and I'm sick and tired of dealing with this shipping BS. Thanks for making the shipping issues worse with your "fix"...

--------------

Edit... again: I called UPS back to tell them I would clear the package myself and save their ridiculous charges. If you're in the same city as your customs port, you can do this. It'll take under an hour for me, so I'll be making $40+ an hour just to deal with this stupid BS. Joy
    who thats pritty ****ty...
    im happy strike is over now though.
    LG Sciences Board Rep
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by LG Sciences, LLC.
  7. The Godfather of NUTRAPLANET
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.78%

Quote Originally Posted by obvious View Post

FUUUUUUUU

----------------

--------------

obvious you act like we're pocketing this money and ripping you off. Reality check, Canada & UPS charges these fees...I'm not making anything off the duties and taxes or brokerage fees. You asked for a cheaper option for shipping and I provided that, now you complain that the brokerage fees are too high. How about you act like a mature adult and express these concerns in a professional manner so we can come up with a solution rather than starting every post with "FUUUUUUUU".

Do you speak to everyone that way when they're trying to help you? This adolescent behavior is uncalled for...especially when we're trying to accommodate despite your rude and aggressive tone.

We will investigate this further to best serve our Canadian customers and will post any updates. But in the meantime, know this...we would work just as hard (if not harder) if you showed some respect.

Bottom line -- RESPECT: GIVE IT TO GET IT!
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.13%

My respect has been given through my last three orders in which I stuck with NP despite other sites having lower prices on certain products and definitely lower shipping costs to Canada. Don't get me wrong, I VERY MUCH appreciate (very much, thank you!) that you talked to your shipping rep and got a lower rate for ground shipments to Canada, but if this rep didn't inform you that they would be subject to brokerage fees that will cause the bill to go higher than just using a faster shipping method in the first place you might want to switch to a more informed shipping guy.

Now that I see other posts popping up mentioning that they are refusing their shipments, perhaps you'll work on getting this fixed. If AnaBeta wasn't in the box I would also send it back.

I'm sorry if my measly current $800 and projected $1500 in total orders with NP this year doesn't offer me the privilege of getting frustrated with your company after we were assured the shipping cost issues to Canada were fixed - and the ground shipping "fix" made things more expensive than having them overnighted. Next time I'll keep my mouth shut and just take my business elsewhere.

Just as a side note - if it specified on the shipping selection page which carrier would be used for the various shipping methods i.e. UPS for International Express, USPS for International Ground, whatever... it might make things a little more clear. Thanks!
  9. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.46%

Yeah, Andrew has been good responding to me about this problem. NP customer service is good, no reason to get all crazy and mad at them.
    I'm pretty sure UPS didn't tell them they would be charging huge brokerage fees lol.

One thing I'd like to ask is that the shipping options are identified on the website since now it just says "International Shipping". I will guess as of right now the cheapest one in the list is UPS and the rest are USPS?

For anyone who has a shipment to Canada in progress; I called UPS and only the sender can have the shipment returned unless you refuse it at the door. I think that's odd but that's what they tell me.

I don't mean to cause a big flame war, just don't want to pay $60 in brokerage fees! I will be ordering again once I can get it shipped USPS.
  10. The Godfather of NUTRAPLANET
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.78%

Obvious, you have every right to be frustrated...I do not deny you that; but it's not what you say it's how you say it. We're here to help.

Eatingisfun, no worries...I did not take your posts as starting a flame war. I think we were able to pinpoint some things that may (or may not) help. At this point as Obvious stated, our UPS rep did a poor job relaying important information regarding the extraneous fees associated with delivering these packages. If this doesn't help, we're looking at scrapping UPS altogether and finding another, more suitable option for Canadian packages.
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.42%

As a Canadian, I always avoid UPS, 99% of the time you will be charged with brokage fees.
    Stay with USPS.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.64%

I tried to warn about this in my post in the Canadian Shipping thread last month. UPS Standard should only be used for business-to-business shipments internationally. I really don't know how UPS gets away with this, it seems like the retailers end up blaming the Canadians for refusing to pay taxes, and the customers blame the retailers for the brokerage fee, but it's outrageous that UPS gives online shipping quotes that make standard look cheap when the other methods actually include a brokerage fee and standard doesn't.

Anyway, let me know when you've ditched UPS as I am holding off on placing any orders until then.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.38%

I just experienced the nightmare of UPS again. I was boned sometime ago in the past and boned again today. I had always opted for USPS since my first negative encounter some years ago but the option to select USPS was not available. Anyhow my supplements cost $92, shipping was $25 and I just paid $66 in fees. I paid more than twice the price for my supplements.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 67
    Last Post: 10-04-2010, 11:59 AM