The Godfather of all Sales wasn't so "Godfather-like"

  1. Registered User
    msucurt's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    St. Augustine
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,514
    Rep Power
    1795

    The Godfather of all Sales wasn't so "Godfather-like"


    Not that I didnt buy some stuff, but nutra never had a round 3, and really hasnt been much chatter going on about it. Oh well, guess Ill wait to the next "godfather" sale. Im sure it will be good

  2. Registered User
    TommyTuffGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Age
    34
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    58479

    Quote Originally Posted by msucurt View Post
    Not that I didnt buy some stuff, but nutra never had a round 3, and really hasnt been much chatter going on about it. Oh well, guess Ill wait to the next "godfather" sale. Im sure it will be good
    I was a little disappointed as well. I will admit, the staple supplements, Orange Triad, OxiOmega and the Greens were great...rest of the stuff didn't do it for me...also noticed there was a 'cheat' factor going on where interesting products like Fusion 7, Myofusion and VPX Anarchy, the terrible flavors you wouldn't be happy with were listed at the sale price and everything else was full price. That was the kicker.
  3. Registered User
    louisaboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    403
    Rep Power
    27020

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyTuffGuy View Post
    I was a little disappointed as well. I will admit, the staple supplements, Orange Triad, OxiOmega and the Greens were great...rest of the stuff didn't do it for me...also noticed there was a 'cheat' factor going on where interesting products like Fusion 7, Myofusion and VPX Anarchy, the terrible flavors you wouldn't be happy with were listed at the sale price and everything else was full price. That was the kicker.
    ALSO disappointed. Expected more from Nutra!!!!! Oh well..waiting til the next sale.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    msucurt's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    St. Augustine
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,514
    Rep Power
    1795

    To be honest, nutra's previous sales have been much much better than the so-called "godfather of sales'. There was hardly anything to be had on this last sale and to boot that there was only 2 rounds. Ehhh...hate to complain, but the nutraplanet forum has been extremely slow and no talk of anything coming up in the near future. Its almost like its lost its luster to an extent. Thats just me though. To each his own. Im waiting
  5. Registered User
    RexGrandis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    219
    Rep Power
    338

    Not only that but they overchaged me on international shipping, to make matters wosre, after a few emails back and forward they decided to ignore me.
  6. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,329
    Rep Power
    922354

    Quote Originally Posted by msucurt View Post
    To be honest, nutra's previous sales have been much much better than the so-called "godfather of sales'. There was hardly anything to be had on this last sale and to boot that there was only 2 rounds. Ehhh...hate to complain, but the nutraplanet forum has been extremely slow and no talk of anything coming up in the near future. Its almost like its lost its luster to an extent. Thats just me though. To each his own. Im waiting
    Hate to complain? Really?

    I most certainly understand if you feel disappointment, you are completely entitled to that. However, let's at least be real here. Please refer back to the week 2 of the sale thread. You uttered the same sentence about hating to complain. it seems quite the opposite...no?
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  7. JJC
    JJC is offline
    Registered User
    JJC's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,207
    Rep Power
    711

    Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    Hate to complain? Really?

    I most certainly understand if you feel disappointment, you are completely entitled to that. However, let's at least be real here. Please refer back to the week 2 of the sale thread. You uttered the same sentence about hating to complain. it seems quite the opposite...no?
    Agreed. Hating to complain doesn't start threads like this.

    If you're not happy with a sale then just don't buy anything. Seems simple enough. Nutraplanet doesn't owe you anything. They don't NEED to put anything on sale at all. Ever. Nor does any other place.

    I don't understand what this was supposed to accomplish...just seems like a slap in the face to be honest.

    /definitely unsub
  8. PESCIENCE.com
    Board Sponsor
    nattydisaster's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,083
    Rep Power
    3183232

    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  9. Registered User
    sarguy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Lewiston, Idaho, United States
    Posts
    273
    Rep Power
    13042

    I dont see what the big deal is . I ordered stuff and woke up to find a horse head in my bed. Seems preety Godfatherish to me. They also had offers "I could not refuse."
  10. Registered User
    bigsexy74's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  248 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    somewhere between here and there
    Age
    40
    Posts
    516
    Rep Power
    1507

    they sent me free cannoli with my order.
  11. Idiot Savant
    Board Sponsor
    prld2gr8ns's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Between Middle Earth and Narnia
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,502
    Rep Power
    61214

    Quote Originally Posted by sarguy View Post
    I dont see what the big deal is . I ordered stuff and woke up to find a horse head in my bed. Seems preety Godfatherish to me. They also had offers "I could not refuse."


    Now that's a Godfather like sale!! LOL
  12. Registered User
    MM11's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,818
    Rep Power
    17827

    The sale on MST was god father level but that's it IMO
  13. Registered User
    testiesac's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    tri cities
    Age
    29
    Posts
    433
    Rep Power
    301

    Yeah it seemed good for some but not for all. its wasnt what i expected and i didnt even buy anything, on the other hand someone else might of got a killer deal on the supps he wanted. Its just how it is, i was very dissappointed but they cant please everyone. I hope a good sale comes soon for APS and a few others at nutra!!! HOOK us UP!
  14. Registered User
    msucurt's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    St. Augustine
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,514
    Rep Power
    1795

    First of all, yes, i did express sentiment over the sale in the previous thread. And maybe a better choice of words rather than saying "hating to complain" should have been used. To be honest, im not complaining, im just reiterating what my and many other's opinion is. The sale was hyped up as being the end all of sales, but really didnt compare to some of your previous awesome sales. Look, i understand you cant make everyone happy, i do understand that. Did i purchase something on the last sale....i certainly did. Will i continue to purchase from nutra....i certainly will. All i was saying is that the items for sale werent all that great and a lot of frequent posters here at AM agree 100%. Again, sorry to seem like i was complaining, but was just a little discouraged by the big hype of "godfather of all sales", that for the most part was not so "godfather-like". Just got my hopes up i guess. I was like a kid on xmas wanting a playstation 3 and i got a friggin atari.

    Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    Hate to complain? Really?

    I most certainly understand if you feel disappointment, you are completely entitled to that. However, let's at least be real here. Please refer back to the week 2 of the sale thread. You uttered the same sentence about hating to complain. it seems quite the opposite...no?
  15. Registered User
    msucurt's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    St. Augustine
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,514
    Rep Power
    1795

    Thread wasnt trying to "accomplish" anything. Was thinking perhaps it might spur on the other "rounds" that were I and many others thought were coming down the pipes. No slap in the face intended.

    Quote Originally Posted by JJC View Post

    I don't understand what this was supposed to accomplish...just seems like a slap in the face to be honest.

    /definitely unsub
  16. Registered User
    oufinny's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,941
    Rep Power
    177783

    I thought the sale had a lot of good things in it but I was not in a position to spend a whole lot so I got very little. That said, if there were some items I wanted in it I probably would have bought more. The problem that any retailer faces is two fold: what does the consumer want (sales numbers and metrics don't always get it right) and do the manufacturers agree to drastic price cuts? If they don't, then that isn't going to appear on sale. Sucks but is is the truth. NP is a good company and they continue to bring good items to the masses, no complaints from me.
    If my direct and cynical approach bothers you, just ignore it. I'm just saying what you need to hear ;).
  17. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,329
    Rep Power
    922354

    Quote Originally Posted by msucurt View Post
    First of all, yes, i did express sentiment over the sale in the previous thread. And maybe a better choice of words rather than saying "hating to complain" should have been used. To be honest, im not complaining, im just reiterating what my and many other's opinion is. The sale was hyped up as being the end all of sales, but really didnt compare to some of your previous awesome sales. Look, i understand you cant make everyone happy, i do understand that. Did i purchase something on the last sale....i certainly did. Will i continue to purchase from nutra....i certainly will. All i was saying is that the items for sale werent all that great and a lot of frequent posters here at AM agree 100%. Again, sorry to seem like i was complaining, but was just a little discouraged by the big hype of "godfather of all sales", that for the most part was not so "godfather-like". Just got my hopes up i guess. I was like a kid on xmas wanting a playstation 3 and i got a friggin atari.
    As I said, you are entitled to your opinion. Many enjoyed the sale, and others liked it some etc... TO make blanket statements like you are doing is downright silly imo

    Either way...it just seemed like there is a constant for you, which is complaining. Again, it does not bother anyone...I just felt that it was a tad redundant.

    To each his own I suppose
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  18. Registered User
    msucurt's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    St. Augustine
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,514
    Rep Power
    1795

    Just because i brought up my opinion on the godfather sale now means im a constant complainer? Wow, talk about blanket statement.

    Again, ive ordered from nutra more times than most can count. I'll order again. Ive referred at least 10 people to switch their allegiances to nutra. To each his own.

    Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post

    Either way...it just seemed like there is a constant for you, which is complaining.

    To each his own I suppose
  19. Registered User
    SynergyIre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    922
    Rep Power
    10891

    Of course they're going to hype a sale.... And I picked up a bunch during the sale. Guess it depends what you're looking for, but very happy with my haul.

    Not much to complain about to be honest, give feedback on what you'd like to see on sale, sure, but don't bite the hand that feeds...
  20. Registered User
    msucurt's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    St. Augustine
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,514
    Rep Power
    1795



    mods, can you please delete this thread.
  21. Registered User
    jherman08's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  199 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,595
    Rep Power
    4620

    lol I'm not trying to complain either, but the sale sucked!

    Was looking to pick up 2 of everything at .99 cents a piece but it just didnt happen
  22. Registered User
    kevinhy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    3,067
    Rep Power
    290737

    Everything i wanted was discounted, so i was happy. I dont feel it was as good as last years, though.
  23. Banned
    benjiman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    anniston,al
    Age
    37
    Posts
    363
    Rep Power
    0

    ordered the myofussion with free spmax and the triple crown stack the only thing that sucked to me was i reguested free sample and got nothing.first time i have ever not got somthing.but i know i will get them on my next large order (wink wink).
  24. Board Supporter
    metroba's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Franklin, NC
    Posts
    11,064
    Rep Power
    371114

    Quote Originally Posted by sarguy View Post
    I dont see what the big deal is . I ordered stuff and woke up to find a horse head in my bed. Seems preety Godfatherish to me. They also had offers "I could not refuse."
  25. Registered User
    shockrock3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    60

    Personally I was very happy with the 1st round...all the Controlled Lab stuff was fantastic! The Genomyx Slin Sane & Protocol deals were also great. I mean 2nd round wasn't as fantastic as the 1st round but still had some good deals i.e. Lean Pro8 & Pump-Bol.

    Overall can't complain...everything I wanted was onsale believe it or not.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 490
    Last Post: 02-01-2011, 10:46 AM
  2. "THE LARGEST SALES EVENT" Banner Covering Thread Tools
    By Kc2554 in forum Forum Suggestions and News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-29-2008, 11:45 AM
  3. Replies: 106
    Last Post: 11-07-2008, 04:31 PM
  4. Replies: 144
    Last Post: 01-01-2008, 01:11 PM
  5. The baby godfather
    By David Dunn in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2006, 09:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in