will shipping to canada ever be fixed?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User

will shipping to canada ever be fixed?

I check nutraplanet every 2-3 months to see if shipping has been changed.

It's not ok to charge >$20 to have i small item shipped and slightly more for another and even more for another....

Will NP ever change shipping prices to Canada?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by login211 View Post
    I check nutraplanet every 2-3 months to see if shipping has been changed.

It's not ok to charge >$20 to have i small item shipped and slightly more for another and even more for another....

Will NP ever change shipping prices to Canada?
    Wouldn't this rely more on what USPS, FedUps, and UPS charge? I'm just guessing because I don't know for sure.
  3. Registered User

I doubt this will ever change. Just save up for a bigger order. That's what I do. I always make sure I spend $100-$200. The shipping isn't so bad when you compare with other sites. Sure you can find some better, but it's often not the case when shipping to Canada unfortunately. Anyways Nutraplanet offers usually some of the best deals anywhere.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

Ya im prety sure the prices of shipping are based on the carrier that delivers it however this may vary by company since i know some charge say 14$ for shipping within us while others only like 6$. Im not from canada so i can't comment on prices but the prices do seem rather high.
  5. Registered User

Well I am from Canada, and buy 95% of my supps from the USA and this is the highest shipping i've seen.... much profit is being made here...

and no i'm not going to buy more just to make the high shipping count, i just won't buy from here

and to top it off, the selection isn't varied enough for my taste AND prices are not great so i can't make this my one stop shop...

great for supp junkies i can tell...
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.

Well I am from Canada, and buy 95% of my supps from the USA and this is the highest shipping i've seen.... much profit is being made here...

and no i'm not going to buy more just to make the high shipping count, i just won't buy from here

and to top it off, the selection isn't varied enough for my taste AND prices are not great so i can't make this my one stop shop...

If it is anything like the etail computer market then I have a suggestion. Compile an order at NP and at any other place of your choosing that has much lower shipping prices. See if the supplement prices + NP shipping are higher or lower than the other store + their cheaper shipping. My guess is that they will come out VERY close in overall price.

They are going to get you one way or the other, shipping or pricing. You just have to decide which you'd rather pay.
  7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by specmike View Post
    If it is anything like the etail computer market then I have a suggestion. Compile an order at NP and at any other place of your choosing that has much lower shipping prices. See if the supplement prices + NP shipping are higher or lower than the other store + their cheaper shipping. My guess is that they will come out VERY close in overall price.

They are going to get you one way or the other, shipping or pricing. You just have to decide which you'd rather pay.
    Been there done that... NP lost big time...
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.

If that is the case, I find it odd that you are griping about the NP shipping prices.
  9. Registered User

If that is the case, I find it odd that you are griping about the NP shipping prices.
    Read thread title son.
  10. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Firstly...I can assure you that there is no profit that is being made off of shipping.

On many occassions many reps from NP have expressed their own displeasure with this shipping problem, but have acknowledged that they go by what is offered to them from the shipping company. When there is a quote to NP for shipping, that is what we have to go with. We do try to make it the most ammenable for the consumer.

I am sorry that you are as frustrated as you have become over this, however, rest assured that if better options present themselves, NP will always look into them
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.

Read thread title son.
    OK Dad, I read it......again. If some other place is beating NP "big time", why do you give a sh1t about NPs Canadian shipping policy?
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Hmm, I just got a package from them. I can see if I still have the packing and compare it (the charge stamped on it) to what I was charged.

I do this often with eBay just for the Hell of it. OFTEN I will order something there with 15$ ship and it gets here and it was $5.85. Lol. But I know lately a lot there have been inflating shipping rather than cost cuz I THINK it's a way they pay less to eBay for listing the item there...

Far as NP, well, I see it like the guy above said, itll be in shipping or put into the products' costs. Also, anyone ordering from Canada for any length of time now knows that we also have to be thankful they ship up to us, because not all companies will ship to Canada at all! I know there's been more than one time I'm like, "cool, great item, great price", but they will not even entertain the thought of shipping to Canada.

So, I guess use em or don't (Though I udnerstand OP, you were just asking if there's any plans in the futur for NP to be changing that.)

Cheers
  13. Registered User

That is so true. There are many outfits that will not even ship to Canada. Thank you Nutraplanet!
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  238 lbs.

OK Dad, I read it......again. If some other place is beating NP "big time", why do you give a sh1t about NPs Canadian shipping policy?
    Because he wants to support NP with his $? Who wants to support BB.com or somebody else? Not I. The fact is shipping is cheaper to Canada from other sites. SO it must be possible. What we need is a Canadian NP
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktail View Post
    Because he wants to support NP with his $? Who wants to support BB.com or somebody else? Not I. The fact is shipping is cheaper to Canada from other sites. SO it must be possible. What we need is a Canadian NP
    I agree with supporting NP. However, I do buy supps they don't sell. Occasionally I see other sites with substantially better pricing on certain items. It's the nature of the game across pretty much all eTail. The sites are going to get you either on the shipping or on the product pricing. It's just like Safeway vs Kroger vs Publix in the grocery world or Newegg vs Amazon vs Buy.com in the computer world. Vote with your wallet.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  238 lbs.

I agree with supporting NP. However, I do buy supps they don't sell. Occasionally I see other sites with substantially better pricing on certain items. It's the nature of the game across pretty much all eTail. The sites are going to get you either on the shipping or on the product pricing. It's just like Safeway vs Kroger vs Publix in the grocery world or Newegg vs Amazon vs Buy.com in the computer world. Vote with your wallet.
    Yea for sure if they don't sell what I want or are always out of stock I have to look out for numero uno.
  17. The Godfather of NUTRAPLANET
    Board Sponsor

We used to ship FedEx ground to Canada and the rates were very economical compared to shipping it via air. Unfortunately, FedEx Ground doesn't collect the duties and the customers never paid, so we were slapped with hundreds of dollars in uncollected fees which forced us to stop shipping that method.

The only work-around I can see is charging these fees upfront, which requires a lot of programming work and up keep for the fees and accounting paperwork...
  18. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktail View Post
    Exactly. I WANT to shop here from time to time but the way things are, I cannot.

Thanks for your post AE14.

The only work-around I can see is charging these fees upfront, which requires a lot of programming work and up keep for the fees and accounting paperwork...
    So stryder, passing the buck to the Canadian customers eh? tsk tsk

Good day gentlemen.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.

So stryder, passing the buck to the Canadian customers eh? tsk tsk

Good day gentlemen.
    I told you above. It's either charge for the shipping or, mark up the product pricing to offset it. NP is great but of course they are in business to make money. Unfortunately, your location and the CAN government make it more difficult. They can't eat a loss for Canadian customers.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Well, I checked my package.

It appears that Fedex doesnt mark the exact amount for shipping charge. It just says 'economy'. My package was 100$ value and 4 lbs. Shipping was 24$ from NP.

Do I wish shipping was less? Of course, but to be honest, other companies Ive order from in the past, the shipping is very close, like within a few dollars, really.

So, I guess if they can do anything in the future to make it cheaper, great, but they dont seem that out of whack to me.

Customs/duty... Thats where the real issue is, I had to pay another $22.00 at the door is taxes/duty fees that I don't always have to pay. Luck of the draw I guess. No one I ever talked with seems to be able to explain, for real, how customs picks what they charge/stop...
  21. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by imjuschillin View Post
    Well, I checked my package.

It appears that Fedex doesnt mark the exact amount for shipping charge. It just says 'economy'. My package was 100$ value and 4 lbs. Shipping was 24$ from NP.

Do I wish shipping was less? Of course, but to be honest, other companies Ive order from in the past, the shipping is very close, like within a few dollars, really.

So, I guess if they can do anything in the future to make it cheaper, great, but they dont seem that out of whack to me.

Customs/duty... Thats where the real issue is, I had to pay another $22.00 at the door is taxes/duty fees that I don't always have to pay. Luck of the draw I guess. No one I ever talked with seems to be able to explain, for real, how customs picks what they charge/stop...
    Another fanboy...

I had a recent order at trueprotein that weighed 12lbs and I paid $26...

If you're ok paying $19.26 for a bottle of penetrate, please feel free to do so...
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Another fanboy...

I had a recent order at trueprotein that weighed 12lbs and I paid $26...

If you're ok paying $19.26 for a bottle of penetrate, please feel free to do so...
    Well, I def wouldn't call me a fanboy. Really, I just stated facts. Maybe the post looked odd because it didn't contain any opinions, just observations.

I'll check out this trueprotein site. My fanboy status goes with my bank account as Im sure most others do too. I was just providing info on my experience with NP

I'l check this website you mentioned though. Im interested to see if they have the variety that NP has.

Also I assume that maybe you were closer than I was to the shipping point. Meaning if you are in Windsor, ON, and I'm in Newfoundland, I'd be willing to bet that will influence the cost of shipping we're charged to us in Canada too.
  23. Registered User

Mod edit. Read the rules.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

Not a fan boy eh? lol

Here's a few sites that have cheaper shipping:
    bodybuilding.com, www.gojiking.co.uk, swansonvitamins.com, trueprotein.com, vitacost.com, amazon.com, amazon.co.uk.... I could go on endlessly...

Enough fanboy, NP have fessed up to the issue... Answer is no; I can move on now.
    Um you might have missed this

We used to ship FedEx ground to Canada and the rates were very economical compared to shipping it via air. Unfortunately, FedEx Ground doesn't collect the duties and the customers never paid, so we were slapped with hundreds of dollars in uncollected fees which forced us to stop shipping that method.
    Sounds more to me that stryder is running a business which means it isnt his job to cover customers asses when they dont want to resposible for what they order. My suggestion is take your attitude to customs and see how far that gets you. please come back with video of your discussion with customs should be funny.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

26. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    Um you might have missed this

Sounds more to me that stryder is running a business which means it isnt his job to cover customers asses when they dont want to resposible for what they order. My suggestion is take your attitude to customs and see how far that gets you. please come back with video of your discussion with customs should be funny.
    I think you missed this:

Quote Originally Posted by stryder

^^This is why shipping is so high. Other companies put the time, money and effort to keep shipping prices accurate and affordable.

Fanboys only see what they want to see...
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.

I think you missed this:

^^This is why shipping is so high. Other companies put the time, money and effort to keep shipping prices accurate and affordable.

I have to ask again why you are STILL whining about this? You have listed multiple sites you say are cheaper product pricing and offer cheaper shipping. And yes, I do mean whining. It's gone way past the point of reasonable question, reasonable answer.
  28. Registered User

I have to ask again why you are STILL whining about this? You have listed multiple sites you say are cheaper product pricing and offer cheaper shipping. And yes, I do mean whining. It's gone way past the point of reasonable question, reasonable answer.
    Why do you keep bumping to the top?
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.

Why do you keep bumping to the top?
    Cuz you keep whining?
  30. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by stryder View Post
    as do haters, seriously...this has been answered for you already. I am sorry that it is evidently not to your satisfaction
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. How is shipping to Canada?
    By Minus83 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-07-2007, 11:53 AM
  2. Shipping to Canada?
    By boomer69 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9