Piracetam

  1. New Member
    Gs2x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    55
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    17.17%

    Piracetam


    Hi guys,
    I read it was just classed as a drug by the FDA.
    So is that in effect straight away, will NP be getting any more in as it is out of stock.
    Thanks.

  2. Advanced Member
    rottie76's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"  135 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    583
    Rep Power
    7349
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    90.67%

    My guess is that they will sell whatever is left and not order any more.
  3. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,524
    Rep Power
    41252
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.3%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    We're already oos of our inhouse brand. If this ruling is immediate, then we won't be selling anymore. If it taks effect a few months down the road, I feel like we would allow our scivation stock to sell out and then that is the end.
    •   
       

  4. Board Sponsor
    custom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,971
    Rep Power
    13235
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    91.91%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    We have an order that is waiting on testing to be completed. It should be some time this week.
  5. NutraPlanet Rep
    MrBigPR's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,619
    Rep Power
    5556
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    87.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Get ready for this last wave!!! don't wanna miss out!!
  6. Advanced Member
    atjnutrition2's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    609
    Rep Power
    385
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    54.74%

    Our Piracetam was released for sale this morning.
  7. Banned
    1Fast400's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    560
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    11.73%

    Quote Originally Posted by custom View Post
    We have an order that is waiting on testing to be completed. It should be some time this week.
    You have a visitor coming in 2 weeks. Just an FYI since their head office that is leading this investigation is right down the road from you guys. If I were you, I'd make sure you had all your ducks in a row before they show.

    They stopped my entire operation to inventory and document EVERY item I have yesterday. They'll be looking for anything that isn't "kosher".
  8. Banned
    1Fast400's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    560
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    11.73%

    Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    We're already oos of our inhouse brand. If this ruling is immediate, then we won't be selling anymore. If it taks effect a few months down the road, I feel like we would allow our scivation stock to sell out and then that is the end.
    Just a note, the FDA has always considered it a drug. It's not a rule that will be implemented down the road. Primaforce will not be selling it after next Friday, per the fda.
  9. New Member
    Insaniac's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    112
    Rep Power
    128
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    35.06%

    For how long can someone store Piracetam???

    and will there be any other ban on nootropics in general??

    thx in advance
  10. Banned
    1Fast400's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    560
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    11.73%

    The FDA is only focused on Piracetam as that is the only one they've been lobbied on. I wouldn't stock up just yet. Anyone that is raided will have about 15 days to get rid of inventory. Not going to disappear just yet.
  11. Sponsor
    mw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,871
    Rep Power
    3714147
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    19.95%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Fast400 View Post
    You have a visitor coming in 2 weeks. Just an FYI since their head office that is leading this investigation is right down the road from you guys. If I were you, I'd make sure you had all your ducks in a row before they show.

    They stopped my entire operation to inventory and document EVERY item I have yesterday. They'll be looking for anything that isn't "kosher".
    The Atlanta field office? Why did they come after SP first? Kinda strange especially since NP is closer and a larger retailer
  12. Banned
    1Fast400's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    560
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    11.73%

    Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    The Atlanta field office? Why did they come after SP first? Kinda strange especially since NP is closer and a larger retailer
    Because I was selling this before NP was in business. I've supplied other retailers within the US for a few years. Also have primaforce selling it as well. It wasn't uncommon for me to bring in 10k/kg in at a time.
  13. New Member
    iDShaDoW's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    181
    Rep Power
    195
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    76.5%

    Just wondering but would you guys recommend that one dose Choline Citrate or ALCAR with Piracetam?

    They seem to be similar compounds but I've read that people actually supplemented a smaller amount of both as opposed to a somewhat larger amount of either/or.

    Oh and yeah... I've been doing a lot of reading and can't find many specifics stating why one might be better than the other besides the fact that some people respond better to one over the other (e.g. one person might get brain fogginess or tension headaches of some sort with one choline source over another).
  14. New Member
    webhead's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  135 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    54
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    23.83%

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Fast400 View Post
    The FDA is only focused on Piracetam as that is the only one they've been lobbied on. I wouldn't stock up just yet. Anyone that is raided will have about 15 days to get rid of inventory. Not going to disappear just yet.
    *wouldn't* stock up? After NP, SP, and Primaforce brands are pulled off the market (very soon, it seems, from the sound of it), where would I get it other than expensive overseas sources? Sounds like a good time to stock up, to me.

    (Yes, I registered an account just to post on this thread. Also I haven't used piracetam yet, but just last night I was trying to decide where to buy my first batch of powder from -- and ran across this while snooping around the NP site.)

    Quote Originally Posted by iDShaDoW View Post
    Just wondering but would you guys recommend that one dose Choline Citrate or ALCAR with Piracetam?
    I plan to use DMAE with the piracetam that I get. From what I've read, it's a choline precursor and has some additional benefit over just choline.
    (I found some bulk DMAE that's much cheaper per gram than what NP sells.)

    [edit] Scratch that. Apparently DMAE's behavior isn't consistent ... so I think I'll just start with choline citrate. And I might throw in some ALCAR with my order.
    Last edited by webhead; 09-20-2010 at 01:43 AM. Reason: changed my mind
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Piracetam
    By Zero V in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-01-2010, 05:12 PM
  2. Piracetam
    By noot in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-16-2009, 09:46 PM
  3. Piracetam
    By TexasLifter89 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-18-2009, 05:27 PM
  4. Piracetam
    By trackstud100m in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-27-2009, 02:31 PM
  5. Piracetam
    By Jcc in forum Supplements
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 03-19-2004, 02:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in