Frosted Cinnamon Bun & CGC NutraPro

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
Got my huge order today and couldn't wait any longer to try the two new flavors. Mixed 1 scoop with 6oz cold water/skim milk

Frosted Cinnamon Bun

I was a bit skeptical about this one based on not so great reviews but to my surprise it's absolutely fantastic! Dissolved after a few spoon stirs and smells like fresh cinnamon rolls ahhh...:fing02:

Taste 10/10 definitely a keeper! Sweet enough to enhance the cinnamon flavor and I'm sure it's gonna be delicious in oats.

Digestion 10/10 no gas or bloating, but that's just NutraPro ;)

Chocolate Graham Cracker

This one, I had high hopes for but...the powder looks like vanilla mixed with chocolate, I was hoping for a more chocolatey flavor and perhaps even a piece of a cracker...oh well :sad3:

Taste 7/10 very weak flavor, could use more chocolate for sure. Other that that, it's OK but I'm not excited about it and won't buy it again.

The frosted milk chocolate is the best of them all! Cinnamon Bun is really good, what a nice treat :yumyum:

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
good review. i love the idea of the cinnabun flavor, so i'm probably gonna get a tub based on your review--

and the CGC flavor i had high hopes for too.. maybe i'll come across a sample of that so i can try before i buy..

traxiz

Awards
Just curious if you have ever tried ATW's CinnamonBun flavor?

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
I hated their Cinnamon. Tasted horrible, way too weak.

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
I am using NutraPro Frosted Milk right now and really like it.

I plan on grabbing NutraPro Cinna next also based on your review. I've had ATW's Cinnabun and freaking loved it but I'll be keeping my mind open as much as I can. Not too picky, but always a bonus to have good-tasting protein :)

jr0d

Awards
i got to say the atw cinnamon bun was one of the best tasting proteins ever

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
definitely a good flavor, but the cake batter is a bust in my opinion. I mean ON cake batter isnt the greatest thing in my opinion, but is a lot better than the nutrapro cake batter. I mean I am not a hater, just dont like that flavor

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
As always, we appreciate everyone's honest reviews positive or negative. Every review helps us bring a better product to the market.

billm311

billm311

Awards
  • Established
Agreed, it is my all time favorite. I do have the nutrapro frosted cinnamon now - it is good, but very strong. I like the ATW more, but still enjoy the nutrapro. I have been mixing it with leftover ATW lean&fit vanilla.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
As John stated, these critiques helps us to improve our products to give you guys the best tasting and highest quality protein on the market. We encourage and welcome honest and detailed criticism...even the negative ones, because this equips us with the necessary feedback to bring a better product to market.

Who else listens to their customers and willing to do a complete 180 based off customer feedback?

Thanks for the feedback guys and for making NutraPro the #1 selling protein at THE PLANET! :thumbsup:

Irish Pilot

Irish Pilot

Awards
As John stated, these critiques helps us to improve our products to give you guys the best tasting and highest quality protein on the market. We encourage and welcome honest and detailed criticism...even the negative ones, because this equips us with the necessary feedback to bring a better product to market.

Who else listens to their customers and willing to do a complete 180 based off customer feedback?

Thanks for the feedback guys and for making NutraPro the #1 selling protein at THE PLANET! :thumbsup:
Im very appreciative of the fact that you guys are so open to feedback, and would gladly continue to give you my business for knowing that my criticism means something. I love the idea of Nutrapro, but as Ive mentioned...Cinnamon Bun needs some work in my humble opinion.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
I actually just threw away 4.5 pounds of it. Seriously. Did not sit well with me.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

That is a good attitude, and i am glad you are listening to this feedback.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I too just purhcased NutraPro frosted cinnamon and it was a bit sweet for my taste. I would like to have a more pronounced cinnamon flavor and less focus on trying to create that frosted "sweetness". I will still drink it but I am surely going to dilute it with more water than I normally would. Also, I may add in a bunch of cinnamon to the big tub and shake it around to see if that helps.

Chocolate Peanut butter is good so far though I have not had it as a shake just yet; only in my nighttime concoction of almond butter, cottage cheese and NP protein. Actually, it goes better with this than the chocolate that I just finished; will update how the shake is after I have mine today.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I too just purhcased NutraPro frosted cinnamon and it was a bit sweet for my taste. I would like to have a more pronounced cinnamon flavor and less focus on trying to create that frosted "sweetness". I will still drink it but I am surely going to dilute it with more water than I normally would. Also, I may add in a bunch of cinnamon to the big tub and shake it around to see if that helps.

Chocolate Peanut butter is good so far though I have not had it as a shake just yet; only in my nighttime concoction of almond butter, cottage cheese and NP protein. Actually, it goes better with this than the chocolate that I just finished; will update how the shake is after I have mine today.
I am starting to wonder if there is some sort of inconsistencies in the flavoring.

In what i received, there is no way, anymore cinnamon would be tolerable, and i am a big fan of cinnamon..lol It actually has that spice/heat that cinnamon candies/gum have, and none of that smooth, sweet cinnamon taste that you would find in things like cinnamon flavored oatmeal, cookies, cinnamon rolls, etc.

It is not really overly sweet, and all you really taste is the overpowering heat/bite of the cinnamon. It is kind of odd, because you don't expect to have that in a protein shake.

kmcart

Awards
I am starting to wonder if there is some sort of inconsistencies in the flavoring.

In what i received, there is no way, anymore cinnamon would be tolerable, and i am a big fan of cinnamon..lol It actually has that spice/heat that cinnamon candies/gum have, and none of that smooth, sweet cinnamon taste that you would find in things like cinnamon flavored oatmeal, cookies, cinnamon rolls, etc.

It is not really overly sweet, and all you really taste is the overpowering heat/bite of the cinnamon. It is kind of odd, because you don't expect to have that in a protein shake.
I tend to agree the cinammon flavor in mine is way strong but its still good.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I will have to have it one more time but all I remember tasting is frosted sweetness as opposed to a strong cinnamon flavor. I do really like the chocolate peanut butter, had it a few times now and very impressed. NP you hit a home run with Chocolate Peanut Butter!

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I will have to have it one more time but all I remember tasting is frosted sweetness as opposed to a strong cinnamon flavor. I do really like the chocolate peanut butter, had it a few times now and very impressed. NP you hit a home run with Chocolate Peanut Butter!
Believe me you would know, if you had something similar to what i have..lol

Take a half a teaspoon or so of powder, throw it in your mouth(on your tounge). Report back with your thoughts on its cinnamon content/taste.

I tend to agree the cinammon flavor in mine is way strong but its still good.
Yea, it is not bad at all, definitely tolerable, just not what i would expect.

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
For those of you who make your own protein bars, the cinnamon adds a nice kick to them. Great on keto!

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
ahmm..mouth watering i'd like to try that someday.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For those of you who make your own protein bars, the cinnamon adds a nice kick to them. Great on keto!
If you have a good recipe please post it! :bigeyes:

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
Here's the basic recipe to make 1 small protein bar :food:

1 scoop NutraPro
1 tablespoon natural crunchy Peanut Butter
1 tablespoon water
sprinle grapenuts

Mix is with your fingers, it should be thick - doughy like, add a lil more water if needed but not much. Then roll in some grapenuts for crunch, and wrap in plastic foil. Freeze overnight

I usually make a huge batch, using a lot more of everything but this is the basic formula.

If you have a good recipe please post it! :bigeyes:

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Here's the basic recipe to make 1 small protein bar :food:

1 scoop NutraPro
1 tablespoon natural crunchy Peanut Butter
1 tablespoon water
sprinle grapenuts

Mix is with your fingers, it should be thick - doughy like, add a lil more water if needed but not much. Then roll in some grapenuts for crunch, and wrap in plastic foil. Freeze overnight

I usually make a huge batch, using a lot more of everything but this is the basic formula.

YES!! I have to try this. I never thought to make my own protein bars!!

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
gonna try the homemade protein bars with the choc milk flavor, and possibly the vanilla micellar casien from truprotein...

asala1337

Awards
Been using the Frosty Milk Chocolate flavor and I gotta say I love it. Tastes great and I look forward to drinking it after a workout. If a bunch of people are saying that the frosted cinnamon bun is alittle too sweet, I'm just going to stay with frosty milk chocolate flavor.

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Nice on the recipe, will be trying that soon :D

I got my Cinnabun NutraPro in the mail a few days ago...tastes gggrreeeaatttt :D

IMHO, you can't compare ATW's Cinnabun(loved it, really sweet tasting though) and NPs Cinnabun. Not because one is better or worse, but the flavor as a whole is so different. ATW seemed to focus on the sweet yummyness but NP seems focused on the cinnamony goodness. I personally like NPs better, but both of them did a great job :)