NutroPro New Flavors Review!

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
edit: NutraPro!! I'm no carb :(

Was lucky enough to be chosen to be a taste tester for the new flavors. Being 10 weeks into my contest prep with 3.5 weeks to go; it will be a nice treat to try something new without effecting my diet!

I really liked zodiiac523 outline so I borrowed it. :D

Cookie Dough
9 out of 10 times this is the type of ice cream I choose at the store; though
I have to admit as good as this sounds I really did not have high hopes for it as a protein powder; this would be one of those flavors I would never buy without trying first.
Having said that and being 10 weeks into prep, I woke up this morning performed my 20 minutes of morning cardio. During prep the morning breakfast shake is my favorite meal of the day. I prepared it in the blender with 6oz of water, and the protein powder began steadily mixing into the water on its own. I then added my mct oil and let it blend for 2-3 minutes. This adds a lot of air to it and helps to fill me up! First thing I noticed is that none of the protein powder sticks to the sides of the blender!
Mix - 9.5/10 only reason it doesn't get a 10 is because my ibcaas mix better. :p
Smell - n/a maybe because its allergy season but I really didn't smell much.
Taste - 9/10 They really nailed the cookie dough taste on this! With no weird aftertastes. when I pick up the 5lber of this I will get some Chocamine to add to it for more of the ice cream flavor ;)
Texture - 0/10 Yes, I realize its not ice cream but I was really hoping to get a chunk of cookie dough to chew on!
Overall - I highly recommend it! But you might want to pick up another flavor as well to keep things mixed up.

Choc Peanut Butter Awesome, very smooth rich taste. I happen to have a few pounds of ATW Choc peanut butter and was able to compare the two. Nutra had more of a peanut butter taste to it, and I thought ATW was a little sweeter, and mixed thicker.
Mix - 9.5!
Smell - I really cant smell much.
Taste - 10 I'm not even a peanut butter fan and the taste is great. I cant wait to get off my diet so I can make ice cream and frozen yogurt milk shakes out of these.
Overall - Great protein powder. Would highly recommend it!

Peanut Butter

This one surprised me with being very mild. I was expecting this to be like a shotgun blast to the mouth of peanut butter goodness; but found it to be very mild and not at all overwhelming.

Mix - Great
Smell - like peanut butter
Taste - 7/10 could use a little more flavor.
Overall -
Overall its good, and if you "like" peanut butter but aren't a huge fan you will like this one for the mild taste.

Cookies N Cream

I'm a huge cookies and cream fan, one of my favorite cheat meals is smashing Oreos in some vanilla ice cream, and then pouring a little milk ontop making a cookies and cream cereal out of it. (I'm a fat kid at heart)
Mix - Perfect.
Smell - Had a desirable smell to it.
Taste -[/B] 5/10
Overall - I had high hopes for this one. It could just be me but I had to really concentrate on tasting the cookie flavor. If someone handed me this shake and asked me what flavor it was I would not have guessed cookies n cream. Having said that it was still delicious; but NP set some pretty high standards with the other flavors I have tried and this one does not come close.

Orange
Remember when you where a kid or even now and you went to the soda shop and they had the big Orange Julius machine siring up all the orange juice mixing in the magical pixie dust that made them taste so damn good. Well your in luck because NP Nailed it and made it into a protein powder.
Mix - 9.5 Same as the others
Smell - 10 This one i could actually smell and it smells like sweet oranges!
Taste - 10
Overall - 10! About half way through it I add in some vanilla NutraPro thinking it would give it a creamsicle taste. Well it didn't, but was still good.

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
These flavors made me think of my fat loss cookies! Here is my recipe for cookies that could potentially help you burn fat. I'm thinking the new cookie dough and peanut butter flavors would make these taste pretty damn good.

1 1/4 cups ground up whole almonds. not as fine a powder as flour, more grainy.
1 1/4 cups NutraPro
½ teaspoon finely ground sea salt
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ cup virgin coconut oil or MCT oil
3-4 tablespoons stevia
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
add water to help with mixing. can also add 1 egg/white

1/4 teaspoon raspberry ketones.

Preheat oven to 350F

In a large mixing bowl combine the almond flour, baking soda, sea salt & cinnamon.

Melt coconut oil over low flame. Stir in stevia and vanilla. Stir wet into dry and mix well. Put dough in the fridge for about 15 minutes to chill. Roll a teaspoon at a time into ½-inch balls, flatten into little disks about one eighth of an inch thick, and place on a baking sheet lined with unbleached parchment paper.

Bake about 6 or 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and let them cool to room temp.

These store well in an airtight glass container. Makes about 30.

Make sure your blend whole almonds into a gritty flour, this makes the texture amazing!

crpav

crpav

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the review. I was waiting for someone to review this flavor. Sounds like a flavor I will try first if is available when it comes time to order more protein.

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
Meh...not a cookie person but anxious to hear what ya think about the peanut butter ones.

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
I think I'll stick with chocolate for now. Every one of the testers says the Choco PB has more of a PB taste then choco and is rather thin. Subbed for PB next....

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
I think I'll stick with chocolate for now. Every one of the testers says the Choco PB has more of a PB taste then choco and is rather thin. Subbed for PB next....

It still has the chocolate taste as well. My problem with ATW chocolate peanut butter was that you couldn't taste the peanut butter at all.

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
Would you say it mixes thinner then the ones we got now? Or is about the same consistency? I like my shakes a bit thicker and the chocolate right now is just perfect. ;)

It still has the chocolate taste as well. My problem with ATW chocolate peanut butter was that you couldn't taste the peanut butter at all.

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
I dont believe there is much of a difference in thickness between the regular chocolate and the PBC. What I have been doing to make mine thicker is let it blend for a good 2-3 minutes, with 6-8oz of water per 2 scoops. I've even been thinking of maybe adding in sugar free jello or something to thicken it up. If you have any suggestions on calorie free ways to make them thicker please share!! I hate dieting :(

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
I usually add a tablespoon of Guar Gum - calorie free fiber, NP has it, made by NOW, a little bit goes a long way to thicken up anything....but tends to make things less sweet. Also a tablespoon in Chia is good, no calorie seeds high in Omega-3, add it to the shake itself - it'll definitely make it thicker and keep u regular :D Sugar free jello is full of junk....high in sodium too. You look very lean though.....and thanks for the update :type:

I dont believe there is much of a difference in thickness between the regular chocolate and the PBC. What I have been doing to make mine thicker is let it blend for a good 2-3 minutes, with 6-8oz of water per 2 scoops. I've even been thinking of maybe adding in sugar free jello or something to thicken it up. If you have any suggestions on calorie free ways to make them thicker please share!! I hate dieting :(

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
I usually add a tablespoon of Guar Gum - calorie free fiber, NP has it, made by NOW, a little bit goes a long way to thicken up anything....but tends to make things less sweet. Also a tablespoon in Chia is good, no calorie seeds high in Omega-3, add it to the shake itself - it'll definitely make it thicker and keep u regular :D Sugar free jello is full of junk....high in sodium too. You look very lean though.....and thanks for the update :type:
Great idea on the Guar gum! I'm going to have to swing by the store and see if I can find some. The avatar is from a show 2 years ago. hoping to be about 15lbs heavier and leaner this year. :D 4 more weeks!!

crpav

crpav

Awards
  • Established
LOL, I love the pictures. Only problem is I want the actual cookie dough pictured. If they could make protein powder into that and I could just eat it then I would be in heaven.

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
So far the reviews on the orange that I've read have been quite good.

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
LOL, I love the pictures. Only problem is I want the actual cookie dough pictured. If they could make protein powder into that and I could just eat it then I would be in heaven.
Put a couple scoops in a bowl and add a tiny bit of milk/water and stir it into a nice thick pudding/cookie dough thickness, maybe throw in some dark chocolate chips or Chocamine; and some ground up almonds for texture. ;)

crpav

crpav

Awards
  • Established
Put a couple scoops in a bowl and add a tiny bit of milk/water and stir it into a nice thick pudding/cookie dough thickness, maybe throw in some dark chocolate chips or Chocamine; and some ground up almonds for texture. ;)
Thanks for the suggestion.

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
Do you have a bigger version?

I know excuses are ****. but this was my first show and i started dieting about 6 weeks to late. I way over did the cardio. This is also after only 7 months of training and for a drug tested/ lie detector show. Hoping to come in 15-20lbs heavier and leaner for my next one in 4 weeks. :D

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the suggestion.
Anytime brother! However, when you try it you will most likely come up with something that makes it even better/different, so make sure you post back when you do! For instance adding in some Guar Gum:D

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice man, looking good...

It was your first show, so don't worry about the prep mishaps, everyone learns by their mistakes.

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
Nice man, looking good...

It was your first show, so don't worry about the prep mishaps, everyone learns by their mistakes.
I'm happy with the results, and it was a great experience! And yes you definitely learn a lot. For instance I wont be dropping water; and I started my cardio hard in the beginning and have been doing less cardio the closer i get. *hoping* to not come in flat.. For that show I was doing 1hr step mill pre breakfast and 1hr of the step mill after my workouts up until 4 days out. on an average of 100grams of carbs a day. :sad3:

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn dude, why did I have to read your thread lol.. im just about 4 weeks out, dieing for food and I see your picture of cookie dough.. not im drooling! :( haha

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
took 3rd. still dont know how i didn't 2nd... i'm in the blue trunks.

pctforeal

Awards
  • Established
dude...shows are mostly won from behind. WTF did you do to take third? When the head judge was calling for x pose you were giving them y every single time?

Your by far the hardest from the back out of the 3. The only thing I can tell from the front that hurt you was your balance. Your legs take away from your upper body.

Competitive bodybuilding is all about being critiqued and I'm sure you know this and won't take my constructive criticism the wrong way.

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
dude...shows are mostly won from behind. WTF did you do to take third? When the head judge was calling for x pose you were giving them y every single time?

Your by far the hardest from the back out of the 3. The only thing I can tell from the front that hurt you was your balance. Your legs take away from your upper body.

Competitive bodybuilding is all about being critiqued and I'm sure you know this and won't take my constructive criticism the wrong way.
Thanks bro! and I Appreciate the criticism; its the only way to make improvements! :D To be fair its a bad shot of the guy who got 2nd, i'm 99% sure he wasn't set in his pose yet. I really hate posting these pics of the night show (cant see my feathered tris/quads) But Here is a better pic and from the front. bah no attach option... soon as I find a place to host the pic I will post it up.. :sad3:

pctforeal

Awards
  • Established
Thanks bro! and I Appreciate the criticism; its the only way to make improvements! :D To be fair its a bad shot of the guy who got 2nd, i'm 99% sure he wasn't set in his pose yet. I really hate posting these pics of the night show (cant see my feathered tris/quads) But Here is a better pic and from the front. bah no attach option... soon as I find a place to host the pic I will post it up.. :sad3:
lol set in pose or not, when your hard your hard brotha!
your first show, that kids 5th...who knows, he had a name built for himself and the worst part about judging is the reward "improvements" which blows. If they remember you from a previous show and seen you've made strides, they almost always favor to that over some new face in the crowd. Almost like earning your rank and working your way up the ladder, pretty fcuked