Shipping too expensive

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    I dont know if that is an overly fair comparison to be quite honest. The shipping with IHerb is typically much slower, and in addition to that, there is usually no tracking info.

    Again, I truly stress that NP is working on this the best we can. As has been stated here before, NP makes no money whatsoever when it comes to shipping.
    Again agree but let us decide if we want a slowest shippement or not. Tracking or not. This is a question of customer satisfaction.

    Make your customers happy like I do have to in my job.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by MacWanted View Post
    Again agree but let us decide if we want a slowest shippement or not. Tracking or not. This is a question of customer satisfaction.

    Make your customers happy like I do have to in my job.
    Totally agree, and I also believe that NP does make their customers happy, or at least will do whatever they can to do so.

    Please remember that NP uses the quotes they are given, there is no alteration in that price whatsoever
    •   
       


  3. [QUOTE=AE14;2345288]Totally agree, and I also believe that NP does make their customers happy, or at least will do whatever they can to do so.

    Please remember that NP uses the quotes they are given, there is no alteration in that price whatsoever[/QUO

    I trust you, I was just questioning... I hope NP will provide a solution. As you can see we are all international customers that are mostly happy but the increase of shipment price we have seen last few years is making us unhappy and seeking to local retailers when possible.

    For instance the supplement market in France has deeply changed and there is a lot of competition on the net and offer free shipment like NP does for its US customers.

    We are getting more and more supplement stores here too. I am living in the south of France and only last year 4 new stores have opened in 20 kms around my town and that a lot for a country like Frace where bodybuilding is not a significant activity.

    If international business represents a great pourcentage for NP, then they have to do something, otherwise they are going to loose their foreign customers.
  4. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by MacWanted View Post

    If international business represents a great pourcentage for NP, then they have to do something, otherwise they are going to loose their foreign customers.
    Ahhh....THE magic word "IF".

    As stated multiple times by multiple CSR's and board reps; we are giving you OUR cost for shipping with NO mark up. If I were in your shoes I would do what is prudent for me as well. Rest assured NP is doing ALL they can. I imagine IF international customers were indeed that great a percentage then there may be a little more weight to push around with the shippers.
    Life is a terminal condition.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by jherman08 View Post
    quick noob question,
    do other countries tax packages to discourage buying from outside of the country?
    most of countries charge tariff. the rule of EU+UK is that all import goods need to be charged, including small size internet busniess. The main problem is VAT. VAT is 17.5%, much higher than common tariff, ~5%.

    Most of countries don't bother to check small packages since the cost of doing this is higher than Tariff you can get. In EU or UK the 'repay' might be higher because Tariff + VAT can be over 25% of value thus worthy doing.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    Ahhh....THE magic word "IF".

    As stated multiple times by multiple CSR's and board reps; we are giving you OUR cost for shipping with NO mark up. If I were in your shoes I would do what is prudent for me as well. Rest assured NP is doing ALL they can. I imagine IF international customers were indeed that great a percentage then there may be a little more weight to push around with the shippers.
    Sorry David, I find you are really aggressive in your answers. Does it make you nervous to get such feedback????
  7. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by MacWanted View Post
    Sorry David, I find you are really aggressive in your answers. Does it make you nervous to get such feedback????
    Aggressive? I find your post confrontational and accusational. We clearly do not have very competetive international shipping cost. The truth does not make me nervous by any means.

    I too would shop elsewhere until things improve here. As you have stated multiple times you have alternatives that are more cost effective and I too would venture to use them as well. Beating a horse, this horse, seems vindictive at best and antagonizing at worst.

    As stated multiple times NP is doing their best to improve their international shipping fees. In the mean, please do as you will.
    Life is a terminal condition.

  8. the discussion seems a bit off focus.

    it's not really about did NP make the best effort or bigger or smaller customers group. At least for me, I was asking for more options of shipping methods.
    If I don't need to receive within a week, can I have cheaper fair? I can wait, if waiting can save me 18 USD or more. Yeah, fedex gives faster and better service, but can oversea customers have another option for slower parcel shipping? If NP can't be bothered to take small amount of parcels to post office everyday, I am even fine if they send it once a week as long as the shipping fees can be low? It shouldn't be that hard for NP to do?

  9. Quote Originally Posted by narraboth View Post
    have you considered group ordering? we guys in the UK can do order together and share shipping fees...
    Lets start a thread here then when we get say 300 dollars worth of orders or something, i will order, and then send, we will record everything here, and you can pay me through paypal.
    Gause institute member

    Need2slin designer.Product designer/ N2BM admin.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    I dont know if that is an overly fair comparison to be quite honest. The shipping with IHerb is typically much slower, and in addition to that, there is usually no tracking info.
    Shipping to Australia via iherb I normally get my package in one and a half weeks.
    Shipping via USPS (not express) its normally 7-8 days. But you also get tracking (which gets updated slowly)
    DHl express is normally $20 for 6 bottles and is fully tracked and its normally 5-6 days
    I can see if you go the iherb route and people get there package lost its going to cause you all sorts of headaches.

    Its really great its being looked into and im very interested to see how it all goes.
    •   
       


  11. Ok, let me see if I can summarize the discussion here. It seems the focus has shifted a bit more to the international shipping side which is a different beast altogether. We currently use Fed Ex and USPS because they have given us (and therefore you) the best rates so far. We are certainly open to looking at other carriers, but to this point we have not received any quotes from anyone which would save our customers money. We do not make any money on our shipping fees, and in fact, last year paid quite a bit more to ship your products than you actually paid to have them shipped. All I can say is that we DO care about our international customers and want to provide the best service possible. I also understand that if a shop opens up near to where you live and they have a competitive price, it will always be cheaper to buy it there and not pay shipping costs.

    I have personally been working with our Fed Ex international representatives to find ways to not only provide a cheaper method of shipping, but also a way to clear customs faster and with fewer duties and taxes.

    I know that it appears unfair for our international customers that we offer free domestic shipping on orders over a certain dollar amount. I would be open to something similar with international orders, however finding that dollar amount would be somewhat difficult to do considering international taxes/duties. I would not want a customer to have to place such a large order to receive free shipping that the benefit would be negated by increased duties/taxes.

    So, I have a couple of questions for our international customers:

    1. Would you be willing to sacrifice delivery time (ie. a slower delivery) and the possible inability to track your package in exchange for a lower shipping cost?

    2. If we included the estimated duties and taxes when you checked out so that you did not have to pay them on delivery would that be preferable?

    Rest assured, we are constantly striving to find ways to provide our customers both domestic and international with the best service possible.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by atjnutrition2 View Post
    On a side note to what I mentioned above, we are currently in the middle of meetings with one of our largest shippers to expedite the time it takes our international packages to ship and clear customs. We are also looking at ways to have duties and taxes pre-paid so that international customers are not hit with an additional fee once they receive their goods. This has been a personal priority for me and I hope to have some things in place in the very very near future as far as international shipping.
    That'd be good mate, I forked over $50 dollars Aus to ship a tiny box express!! Was spose to be 4 days, but it was 9-10
    Never the less It got here wich is most important thin, but it shouldn't really say 4 days, as it's a little misleading.

  13. PS, Id definitely give up ability to track parcel. I couldn't care less bout tracking it personally, whatever knocks the price down!

  14. Quote Originally Posted by atjnutrition2 View Post
    Ok, let me see if I can summarize the discussion here. It seems the focus has shifted a bit more to the international shipping side which is a different beast altogether. We currently use Fed Ex and USPS because they have given us (and therefore you) the best rates so far. We are certainly open to looking at other carriers, but to this point we have not received any quotes from anyone which would save our customers money. We do not make any money on our shipping fees, and in fact, last year paid quite a bit more to ship your products than you actually paid to have them shipped. All I can say is that we DO care about our international customers and want to provide the best service possible. I also understand that if a shop opens up near to where you live and they have a competitive price, it will always be cheaper to buy it there and not pay shipping costs.

    I have personally been working with our Fed Ex international representatives to find ways to not only provide a cheaper method of shipping, but also a way to clear customs faster and with fewer duties and taxes.

    I know that it appears unfair for our international customers that we offer free domestic shipping on orders over a certain dollar amount. I would be open to something similar with international orders, however finding that dollar amount would be somewhat difficult to do considering international taxes/duties. I would not want a customer to have to place such a large order to receive free shipping that the benefit would be negated by increased duties/taxes.

    So, I have a couple of questions for our international customers:

    1. Would you be willing to sacrifice delivery time (ie. a slower delivery) and the possible inability to track your package in exchange for a lower shipping cost?

    2. If we included the estimated duties and taxes when you checked out so that you did not have to pay them on delivery would that be preferable?

    Rest assured, we are constantly striving to find ways to provide our customers both domestic and international with the best service possible.

    As long as it gets here, I don't care about tracking it. IF it takes a few days longer..meh. Cheap pricing will always win out with me.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Blacktail View Post
    As long as it gets here, I don't care about tracking it. IF it takes a few days longer..meh. Cheap pricing will always win out with me.
    NP Reps, I thinks you'll find this is the sentiment of most International customers. Trackin etc is a luxury.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by russianstar View Post
    Lets start a thread here then when we get say 300 dollars worth of orders or something, i will order, and then send, we will record everything here, and you can pay me through paypal.
    that's cool
    but can we do that in public or need to use PM?
    (oh no, your PM box is full....)
    i think we might need to exchange contact detail...
    currently i have about 80 dollars shopping list in mind. (so not too worthy to pay 36 USD shipping fees)

  17. Quote Originally Posted by atjnutrition2 View Post

    So, I have a couple of questions for our international customers:

    1. Would you be willing to sacrifice delivery time (ie. a slower delivery) and the possible inability to track your package in exchange for a lower shipping cost?

    2. If we included the estimated duties and taxes when you checked out so that you did not have to pay them on delivery would that be preferable?

    1. your website already has two shipping options to choose (although they are not too different price), so I think it shouldn't be a problem, if someone wants it shipped fast, he can always choose fedex and pay for it. If people like me choose cheap fees, then they agree for what's offered.

    Untraced package must be cheaper. I don't mind slower shipping, but hope you will have a nice policy for 'product not received' case in untraced shipping.

    2. I am not very sure about pre-paid duties and taxes.
    You might need to ask some experts because i think different countries have different rates of tariff and taxes, even one country has different rate of tariff base on different goods, different amount, and different years. I don't think it's very easy for you to count precisely.

  18. Thanks for the input so far....I'm not on here as much as I'd like to be, so feel free to P.M. me as well with any input you may have. I truly want to make this work for our international customers.

  19. I did want to Order for NP but its to expensive with shipping, your prices are cheaper, ....(mod edit: please do not reference other retailers..thank you) pretty much pays for shipping unless i buy proteins.. so i have cheaper shipping + coupon....

  20. Quote Originally Posted by atjnutrition2 View Post

    So, I have a couple of questions for our international customers:

    1. Would you be willing to sacrifice delivery time (ie. a slower delivery) and the possible inability to track your package in exchange for a lower shipping cost?

    2. If we included the estimated duties and taxes when you checked out so that you did not have to pay them on delivery would that be preferable?

    Rest assured, we are constantly striving to find ways to provide our customers both domestic and international with the best service possible.
    I would love to have the option of slower delivery times and no tracking, but there should be a dollar limit on the amount you can order.

    Fedex may be good in America, but here they are more strict than the real Australian customs, somtimes they dont even let through stuff thats legal here. They also take forever to have things cleared.

    A big thank you for looking into this, im looking forward to the results!

  21. Quote Originally Posted by pedro321 View Post
    I would love to have the option of slower delivery times and no tracking, but there should be a dollar limit on the amount you can order.

    Fedex may be good in America, but here they are more strict than the real Australian customs, somtimes they dont even let through stuff thats legal here. They also take forever to have things cleared.

    A big thank you for looking into this, im looking forward to the results!
    Why should there be a dollar limit if we are paying the shipping costs ourselves?

  22. Quote Originally Posted by atjnutrition2 View Post

    1. Would you be willing to sacrifice delivery time (ie. a slower delivery) and the possible inability to track your package in exchange for a lower shipping cost?

    2. If we included the estimated duties and taxes when you checked out so that you did not have to pay them on delivery would that be preferable?
    First thank you to listen to us and to take actions. To answer your questions:

    1. Definitively YES (as an example I have mentioned iherb and never got any issue with them).

    2. No as with USPS and slower shipment I don't pay taxes....

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Blacktail View Post
    Why should there be a dollar limit if we are paying the shipping costs ourselves?
    On seller's aspect, maybe that can reduce the financial lost of possible package losing.
    On buyer's aspect, can't see the reason.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by narraboth View Post
    On seller's aspect, maybe that can reduce the financial lost of possible package losing.
    That.
    If nutra are nice enough to do the no tracking thing and you loses $600 of supps, are you just going to go "oh well it happens" or go right off in an email and thread??

    Its just an idea to keep everyone happy, even if it does sound a tad stupid.lol

  25. Quote Originally Posted by pedro321 View Post
    That.
    If nutra are nice enough to do the no tracking thing and you loses $600 of supps, are you just going to go "oh well it happens" or go right off in an email and thread??

    Its just an idea to keep everyone happy, even if it does sound a tad stupid.lol

    Although it might varies in different States, I think customer protection law obligates the seller to refund or re-send when goods lost in shipping. It's the sender who can/should make claim to the courier once goods lost, there's nothing buyer can do to courier.
    Oversea selling is a bit more complicate, but I think the rules in the state where NP located is still to be followed. You can check on State customer protection office.
    That's why I said for seller's aspect it's good to reduce the possible lost.

    When you say a post is 'not traced', it doesn't mean that the courier can lose it without any liability. There are different kind of 'no trace'; some posting requires signature but you can't trace 'where the post is now'; some posting requires no signature but once lost the sender can still have certain amount of compensation; won't be very much though.

    anyway, now it's NP who needs to consider this and check what kind of posting methods avaliable, then get a shipping policy which matchs everyone's need. We as customers just wait and see what NP can offer.

  26. Thanks for the info Narraboth

  27. Quote Originally Posted by atjnutrition2 View Post
    Thanks for the input so far....I'm not on here as much as I'd like to be, so feel free to P.M. me as well with any input you may have. I truly want to make this work for our international customers.
    I have no idea how much $75 dollars in shipping for US customers cost, but maybe incorporate $75 = X amount or X% in savings for international customers

  28. Why not use the same shipping method bb.com uses? DHT global or something, it's 9.99 for small items to be shipped to AUS. I used to buy from nutra, untill BB started that new shipping option.. Can't compete sorry boys.. Kinda over paying $50 shipping each order. $10 vs $30 +

  29. Quote Originally Posted by incorrection View Post
    Why not use the same shipping method bb.com uses? DHT global or something, it's 9.99 for small items to be shipped to AUS. I used to buy from nutra, untill BB started that new shipping option.. Can't compete sorry boys.. Kinda over paying $50 shipping each order. $10 vs $30 +
    It is kinda hard to argue with that.......

  30. I didn't really read much of the thread but I use USPS because I live 2 hrs away and it always get there next day, whereas Fedex doesn't always get there next day. Either way, Nutra charges me $6.95 to use priority mail, however, I can send the exact same package back to them for $4.80. How is that not making a profit off shipping?
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Expensive International shipping
    By munique in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-12-2009, 01:41 PM
  2. why does igf-1 keep getting more expensive?
    By sam salters in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 08:19 AM
  3. Is there a least expensive insulin?
    By Zero Tolerance in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-02-2006, 05:02 AM
  4. Which car will be more expensive on gas??
    By sas4488 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-22-2005, 03:34 AM
Log in
Log in