Shipping too expensive

D

darkvard

Awards
The shipping at nutra seems to start at 30$ minimum international(israel)
while at BB its 6-10$ minimum (which is more normal)
why is the shipping more expansive here?

R

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
Because they're operating at lower margins. Supplements here are a lot cheaper than on BB(dot)com. Plus - you won't find any cheaper, high quality bulk powders anywhere else :bigok:

L

login211

Awards
so is NP making profit from the shipping then?

high shipping is one of the main reasons i can`t shop here, us$20 to ship the smallest item, and i`m next door in canada... no thanks

wontdie

wontdie

Awards
  • Established
ditto, shipping is to expensive for me in asia. :(

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
We make no profit on shipping; we simply pass on the shipping quote we're given by USPS or FedEx to the customer. Larger companies may be getting a slightly better shipping quote by virtue of economy of scale (they might process 100x our shipments).

At NutraPlanet, we try and provide the lowest pricing in addition to having outstanding customer service providing you with the peace of mind that if there's a problem with your order it will be taken care of promptly and efficiently.

A

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
I want to add to the statement above....We make absolutely no money on shipping. In most cases what our customers pay in shipping costs is a good bit less than what we pay to have your product shipped.

A

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
On a side note to what I mentioned above, we are currently in the middle of meetings with one of our largest shippers to expedite the time it takes our international packages to ship and clear customs. We are also looking at ways to have duties and taxes pre-paid so that international customers are not hit with an additional fee once they receive their goods. This has been a personal priority for me and I hope to have some things in place in the very very near future as far as international shipping.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i agree, i'm in america and shipping is very expensive, i ordered two bottles of things onsale thinking i was getting a deal, after shipping i ended up paying more than if i just bought them from a store in my area

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
i agree, i'm in america and shipping is very expensive, i ordered two bottles of things onsale thinking i was getting a deal, after shipping i ended up paying more than if i just bought them from a store in my area
Which state do you live? Ive never had a shipping fee higher than $6,
I live in Michigan. I also always get my package in 2 days, everytime. Fedex is usually slow but not when i order from Nutra. Are you choosing a higher cost shipping service?

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As you see from above, it is a difficult situation. It does get pricey, however, as NP makes no profit from the shipping, what the customer is paying is truly what it costs

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure the only time somebody will actually make money off shipping is if you order something off fleabay

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I live in PA...i think shipping was like $16....i'd have to look at the invoice again...i always choose the cheapest shipping possible because i'm never in extreme need of any products and always order everything in advance, i was actually really surprised when i looked over the invoice

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
Wow, i always thought it was just $6 for the cheapest everywhere in the USA. Michigan must be relatively close to Nutras warehouse.

NutraPlanet CS

NutraPlanet CS

NP Supplement Pimp
Awards
  • Established
so is NP making profit from the shipping then?

high shipping is one of the main reasons i can`t shop here, us$20 to ship the smallest item, and i`m next door in canada... no thanks
We apologize for this inconvenience. No, we DO NOT make any profit whatsoever on shipping charges. We offer exactly what FedEx or USPS charges us. BB.com does not offer free shipping or a flat rate, like we do, and they works of a lot higher margins. So, since they don't offer free shipping/flat rate, and have a LOT higher margins, they have room to offer the incentive of competitive rates on international shipping.

We are working VERY hard to establish more competitive shipping rates for our international customers. But, as stated above, you WILL save money overall by shopping with us, compared to other online retailers.

Thanks for your understanding and business!!!

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yep just looked at the invoice on the nutra site...it was $14.95 for shipping

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I live in PA...i think shipping was like $16....i'd have to look at the invoice again...i always choose the cheapest shipping possible because i'm never in extreme need of any products and always order everything in advance, i was actually really surprised when i looked over the invoice
I live in Pa as well. It never costs me anywhere near $16 for shipping
Wow, i always thought it was just $6 for the cheapest everywhere in the USA. Michigan must be relatively close to Nutras warehouse.
$6 is always in my ballpark. Not too close, it is down in Ga

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
$6 is always in my ballpark. Not too close, it is down in Ga
Strange, i've always loved Nutras shipping price/time of arrival.
Although to be honest it's hard to shop on Nutra without spending
over the free shipping minimum.

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Strange, i've always loved Nutras shipping price/time of arrival.
Although to be honest it's hard to shop on Nutra without spending
over the free shipping minimum.
It is a fantastic deal, and with some much out there, just staples alone can get you free shipping :woohoo:

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
lol yeah couldn't edit my post fast enough.

Also, I live in NY and it's $6 for me. I have no idea why it would be $15 for him.
Maybe he lives in a part of PA that fedex/usps decided is a more costly delivery route? Thats the only thing i can think of, which still seems off.

rush808

rush808

Awards
In hawaii, shipping tubs (2+ lbs) seems lil ridiculous. Orders from TF a 4lb casien and didn't raise shipping compaired to prior orders wit just bottles (6+, exp, Hdrol)

Good to hear AM admin response though.

the shops here get new stuff months later, the only way i can save on shipping is those 6off100 purchase coupons.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i have no idea either...i was surprised and not to happy it cost me something like 41 bucks and the supps were 26 bucks, the shipping was more than one of the products...it happened before when they said i was supposed to get free shipping and i didn't...now that could of been my error and didn't order it right to get free shipping, but i order stuff all the time on-line and don't get crazy shipping costs...but most of my stuff comes usps and not ups or fedex

nricciar

nricciar

Board Sponsor
Awards
yep just looked at the invoice on the nutra site...it was $14.95 for shipping
I would be happy to look into your orders and see why you are getting such high shipping quotes. I attempted to find your order just now, but something does not match up... you said you were charged $14.95 for shipping, but there are only two orders in our system that paid that dollar amount for shipping, both of which were back in 2007.

If you PM your account email address I will be happy to look into it for you.

R

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
For all people in the U.S. - are you aware that orders $75 + ship free? :thinkerg: All it takes is a little planning, don't wait till you run out of stuff. It's by Fed-Ex too!

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i don't want ppl thinking i'm bashing nutraplanet....but they fixed it...good customer service thanks guys...it was a computer error when i ordered that charged me to much shipping

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
i don't want ppl thinking i'm bashing nutraplanet....but they fixed it...good customer service thanks guys...it was a computer error when i ordered that charged me to much shipping
Nutra always looks out for its customers :party:

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
glad to hear it worked out YG.

nricciar

nricciar

Board Sponsor
Awards
The shipping at nutra seems to start at 30$ minimum international(israel)
while at BB its 6-10$ minimum (which is more normal)
why is the shipping more expansive here?
I just decided to run a couple price checks comparing bb.com and np.com shipping prices to israel...

5lb 100% Whey Gold Standard: $49.99 FedEx Global Express (3-7 days)

oxyelite pro: $25.99 FedEx Global Express (3 - 7 days)

On NP....

oxyelite pro: $33.94 FedEx (4-5 day)

5lb 100% whey gold standard $55.53 FedEx (4-5 day)

Its still not comparing apples to apples as Global Express is a slower option, but we are not insanely different.

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
They sure do. Only company I order from. They're good people..
Are you sure theyre not machines? Businesses these days often
forget about the customer and all customer communication
is not high on their priority list. Nutra is on top of all of that.

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
all the ninja monkees work overtime

L

login211

Awards
We apologize for this inconvenience. No, we DO NOT make any profit whatsoever on shipping charges. We offer exactly what FedEx or USPS charges us. BB.com does not offer free shipping or a flat rate, like we do, and they works of a lot higher margins. So, since they don't offer free shipping/flat rate, and have a LOT higher margins, they have room to offer the incentive of competitive rates on international shipping.

We are working VERY hard to establish more competitive shipping rates for our international customers. But, as stated above, you WILL save money overall by shopping with us, compared to other online retailers.

Thanks for your understanding and business!!!
I'm glad you guys are working on this problem. And yes it is a problem because I shouldn't have to pay $22.5 to have 1 bottle of Saw palmetto shipped to me. Perhaps it's this flat rate that's causing these high shipping rates?

And I hope you guys understand that this frustration is due to the fact that I would like to shop at NP but am unable to do so because it's simply costing me more.

A

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
I can promise I'm not a machine....unless I'm a machine that doesn't know it's a machine. In which case I could be.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nutra always looks out for its customers :party:
Yeah they took care of it quickly, usually don't order on-line all that much just because i hate credit card bills, i pay it off but i just would rather be able to get a bill like the next day and pay it off like that rather than having to wait

Just didn't want anyone to think i was attacking nutra...so since i was complaining i figured i should also make note when they helped me out

S

sncaufield

Awards
i pay it off but i just would rather be able to get a bill like the next day and pay it off like that rather than having to wait
Most credit cards you can pay online, and usually within a 1-3 days after a purchase.

NutraPlanet CS

NutraPlanet CS

NP Supplement Pimp
Awards
  • Established
I can promise I'm not a machine....unless I'm a machine that doesn't know it's a machine. In which case I could be.
Either way, you're definitely not human. :dunno:

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Glad to hear eveything worked out, lemme know if you need anything else and thank for choosing nutraplanet!!!

P

pedro321

Awards
I think some of the quotes are a bit wrong from USPS sometimes.

10 packs of thermo gum shipped to Australia via Priority Mail International is $44
and via express mail its $52. Sorry but thats just wrong. $44 for gum that weighs nothing and doesnt take up a massive amount of box space??

Just to compare 3 tubs of Ultima plus 2 T-force cost $53 via priority in January!

I know its not you guys but somethings really wrong with the shipping quotes sometimes.

G

gnetics18

Awards
Being a PowerSeller on the Bay, I understand stuff happens sometimes with those shipping calculators sometimes that seem to be off and also some people are not aware of actual shipping charges if they don't ship things. Every time I have ordered from Nutra I have been happy, if I order over $75 free shipping, if its under its still a good average shipping cost. Nothing over the top, sometimes I just hold off on an order till It works out for me where I save some money, get the product I want and still support a great company I like.

R

raptor2003

Awards
you guys need to tap the international customers too

why offer free shipping for domestic customers?

why not charge domestic customers shipping?, and lower the international charges from the money made on domestic shipping charges?

that way u have a bigger pool of worldwide customers

just a thought...of course those domestic customers won't be happy...but hey nutra is still cheaper pricewise

D

darkvard

Awards
Maybe you should look into dhl? thats what bb is using maybe thats cheaper

P

pedro321

Awards
I'd still like to see International Airmail, the one that iherb uses.

D

darkvard

Awards
I just decided to run a couple price checks comparing bb.com and np.com shipping prices to israel...

5lb 100% Whey Gold Standard: $49.99 FedEx Global Express (3-7 days)

oxyelite pro: $25.99 FedEx Global Express (3 - 7 days)

On NP....

oxyelite pro: $33.94 FedEx (4-5 day)

5lb 100% whey gold standard $55.53 FedEx (4-5 day)

Its still not comparing apples to apples as Global Express is a slower option, but we are not insanely different.
I dont use fedex as they always seem to go all the way to get me to pay more
would you compare the other shipping options ? they always seem to be more expensive here

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Sooo....rather than pay for shipping cost of $15-$25 on your tiny orders of $30-$60 consider spending that hard earned money on quality discounted products and then pay NO shipping cost - AKA: FREE SHIPPING

Unfortunately, as you international customers are keenly aware this offer does not apply to you. As The NP CSR stated, we are presently working on an arrangement with a reputable carrier.

M

MacWanted

Awards
  • Established

Sooo....rather than pay for shipping cost of $15-$25 on your tiny orders of $30-$60 consider spending that hard earned money on quality discounted products and then pay NO shipping cost - AKA: FREE SHIPPING

Unfortunately, as you international customers are keenly aware this offer does not apply to you. As The NP CSR stated, we are presently working on an arrangement with a reputable carrier.
I hope that you will find something too because I still does not understand why with iherb.com I pay 6$ for the international shipping. Yes you read it correctly 6$ !!!! and I get my order within 1 week and an half to get it in France.

My last order which contained 3 small bottles (2 powerfull and 1 yohimbine) and I paid 40$ for the shipping and got my order within a week.

Clearly there is something wrong with the international shipment. Do we pay for the others in US or what?

If you want to grow, you should think to improve your business with the international customers and shipment prices have to be improved.