Shipping too expensive - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Shipping too expensive

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. NutraPlanet Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Glad to hear eveything worked out, lemme know if you need anything else and thank for choosing nutraplanet!!!

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  199 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBigPR View Post
    Glad to hear eveything worked out, lemme know if you need anything else and thank for choosing nutraplanet!!!
    NP's protein line asap
  3. New Member

I think some of the quotes are a bit wrong from USPS sometimes.

10 packs of thermo gum shipped to Australia via Priority Mail International is $44
    and via express mail its $52. Sorry but thats just wrong. $44 for gum that weighs nothing and doesnt take up a massive amount of box space??

Just to compare 3 tubs of Ultima plus 2 T-force cost $53 via priority in January!

I know its not you guys but somethings really wrong with the shipping quotes sometimes.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  186 lbs.

Being a PowerSeller on the Bay, I understand stuff happens sometimes with those shipping calculators sometimes that seem to be off and also some people are not aware of actual shipping charges if they don't ship things. Every time I have ordered from Nutra I have been happy, if I order over $75 free shipping, if its under its still a good average shipping cost. Nothing over the top, sometimes I just hold off on an order till It works out for me where I save some money, get the product I want and still support a great company I like.
  5. New Member

you guys need to tap the international customers too

why offer free shipping for domestic customers?

why not charge domestic customers shipping?, and lower the international charges from the money made on domestic shipping charges?

that way u have a bigger pool of worldwide customers

just a thought...of course those domestic customers won't be happy...but hey nutra is still cheaper pricewise
  6. New Member

Maybe you should look into dhl? thats what bb is using maybe thats cheaper
  7. New Member

I'd still like to see International Airmail, the one that iherb uses.
  8. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by nricciar View Post
    I just decided to run a couple price checks comparing bb.com and np.com shipping prices to israel...

5lb 100% Whey Gold Standard: $49.99 FedEx Global Express (3-7 days)

oxyelite pro: $25.99 FedEx Global Express (3 - 7 days)

On NP....

oxyelite pro: $33.94 FedEx (4-5 day)

5lb 100% whey gold standard $55.53 FedEx (4-5 day)

Its still not comparing apples to apples as Global Express is a slower option, but we are not insanely different.
    I dont use fedex as they always seem to go all the way to get me to pay more
    would you compare the other shipping options ? they always seem to be more expensive here
  9. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Sooo....rather than pay for shipping cost of $15-$25 on your tiny orders of $30-$60 consider spending that hard earned money on quality discounted products and then pay NO shipping cost - AKA: FREE SHIPPING

Unfortunately, as you international customers are keenly aware this offer does not apply to you. As The NP CSR stated, we are presently working on an arrangement with a reputable carrier.
  10. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post

Sooo....rather than pay for shipping cost of $15-$25 on your tiny orders of $30-$60 consider spending that hard earned money on quality discounted products and then pay NO shipping cost - AKA: FREE SHIPPING

Unfortunately, as you international customers are keenly aware this offer does not apply to you. As The NP CSR stated, we are presently working on an arrangement with a reputable carrier.
    I hope that you will find something too because I still does not understand why with iherb.com I pay 6$ for the international shipping. Yes you read it correctly 6$ !!!! and I get my order within 1 week and an half to get it in France.

My last order which contained 3 small bottles (2 powerfull and 1 yohimbine) and I paid 40$ for the shipping and got my order within a week.

Clearly there is something wrong with the international shipment. Do we pay for the others in US or what?

If you want to grow, you should think to improve your business with the international customers and shipment prices have to be improved.
  11. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by login211 View Post
    I'm glad you guys are working on this problem. And yes it is a problem because I shouldn't have to pay $22.5 to have 1 bottle of Saw palmetto shipped to me. Perhaps it's this flat rate that's causing these high shipping rates?

And I hope you guys understand that this frustration is due to the fact that I would like to shop at NP but am unable to do so because it's simply costing me more.
    you are telling me! how about just ordering a 5g formestane and charged 35.8 usd shipping? I think if you walk to a post office and weight it and send it as normal airmail package it won't be that much.
    fedex seems to be a good company to offer services, but IMO the shipping fees is just too high for small amount buyers. Maybe you guys should offer other choices of shipping?
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  209 lbs.

I live in the uk and it cost me 35 dollars for shipping, wich is more than any other store i use in america, but i can get better items and it always gets delivered.
    Gause institute member

Need2slin designer.Product designer/ **** admin.
  13. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by russianstar View Post
    I live in the uk and it cost me 35 dollars for shipping, wich is more than any other store i use in america, but i can get better items and it always gets delivered.
    have you considered group ordering? we guys in the UK can do order together and share shipping fees...
  14. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by MacWanted View Post
    I hope that you will find something too because I still does not understand why with iherb.com I pay 6$ for the international shipping. Yes you read it correctly 6$ !!!! and I get my order within 1 week and an half to get it in France.

My last order which contained 3 small bottles (2 powerfull and 1 yohimbine) and I paid 40$ for the shipping and got my order within a week.

Clearly there is something wrong with the international shipment. Do we pay for the others in US or what?

If you want to grow, you should think to improve your business with the international customers and shipment prices have to be improved.
    Please take the time to read what the NutraPlanet CS stated:
    Quote Originally Posted by NutraPlanet CS View Post
    We apologize for this inconvenience. No, we DO NOT make any profit whatsoever on shipping charges. We offer exactly what FedEx or USPS charges us. BB.com does not offer free shipping or a flat rate, like we do, and they works of a lot higher margins. So, since they don't offer free shipping/flat rate, and have a LOT higher margins, they have room to offer the incentive of competitive rates on international shipping.

We are working VERY hard to establish more competitive shipping rates for our international customers. But, as stated above, you WILL save money overall by shopping with us, compared to other online retailers.

Thanks for your understanding and business!!!
    I am sure that no one here at NP would blame you and we completely understand your desire to be cost conscious and we would appreciate the same consideration.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support.
  15. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by narraboth View Post
    have you considered group ordering? we guys in the UK can do order together and share shipping fees...
    this is a very creative and well thoughtout idea. Get a group together that will place one large order, and split it accordingly.

Nicely done
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  16. New Member

Appreciate you looking into cheaper international shipping options...
    I've ordered once from you a while ago to europe, you have pretty good prices, unfortunately it ended up being quite expensive: shipping + customs taxes (I know you can't control possible taxes) but many times I simply order WITHIN europe, though the prices are higher, because it's just not tolerable (for me) to pay so much money for shipping. I agree iherb's $4 international shipping is amazing...
    When I frequent other US stores and look up their international shipping options, they sometimes list prices like $60-120 for shipping a few supplement bottles... no fun.
  17. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    this is a very creative and well thoughtout idea. Get a group together that will place one large order, and split it accordingly.

Nicely done
    yeah, someone nice to collect orders in the UK, place an order in nutraplanet, and when he gets the things, we pay him through paypal...

a problem is the tax... when you get bigger order, you get higher risk to be taxed, import charge plus VAT can be nearly 25% Usually smaller package can skip the tax easier.
    In this case everyone who joins the group order has to agree to share the tax once 'get caught'.

It's still fine, I am just wondering if UK border will confiscate some....
    (if product is confiscated, in this case the customer won't receive the product, do nutraplanet give refund? things which are legal in US are usually legal here too, but UK border can be high-handed)
    I have heard somebody's testo booster was confiscated with no reason. You just don't have the time and money to sue the border. theoritically diery product can not be imported from other countries without claim, thus whey protein might also be confiscated....

In my case, my mom sent me some chinese food many times, never got problems... but surely you don't write down 'meat' on your package....
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  199 lbs.

quick noob question,
    do other countries tax packages to discourage buying from outside of the country?
    Truth
  19. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

I dont know if that is an overly fair comparison to be quite honest. The shipping with IHerb is typically much slower, and in addition to that, there is usually no tracking info.

Again, I truly stress that NP is working on this the best we can. As has been stated here before, NP makes no money whatsoever when it comes to shipping.
  20. New Member

Please take the time to read what the NutraPlanet CS stated:I am sure that no one here at NP would blame you and we completely understand your desire to be cost conscious and we would appreciate the same consideration.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support.
    I do agree but it does not explain me why iherb can have so low shipping cost:

"International Airmail (available to select countries): A Flat $4.00 or Free for Orders Over $60.00! This option applies to orders valued up to $80.00, and weighing 3 lbs or less. This shipment method has a 1 to 4 week delivery time.
    Please note: If you choose Airmail delivery, you will not be able to track your order. However, airmail deliveries are very reliable and are a favorite shipping method for our valued customers in Europe and Asia Pacific with an average delivery time of 10 days (including weekends). Also, chances are high that you will not pay any additional customs import taxes. "

I am dedicated customer and a long history at NP but the shipping cost are get too much now that I decided 1 year's ago to not order proteins anymore at NP as it would be cheaper to get the same brand in France.
  21. New Member

I dont know if that is an overly fair comparison to be quite honest. The shipping with IHerb is typically much slower, and in addition to that, there is usually no tracking info.

Again, I truly stress that NP is working on this the best we can. As has been stated here before, NP makes no money whatsoever when it comes to shipping.
    Again agree but let us decide if we want a slowest shippement or not. Tracking or not. This is a question of customer satisfaction.

Make your customers happy like I do have to in my job.
  22. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Again agree but let us decide if we want a slowest shippement or not. Tracking or not. This is a question of customer satisfaction.

Make your customers happy like I do have to in my job.
    Totally agree, and I also believe that NP does make their customers happy, or at least will do whatever they can to do so.

Please remember that NP uses the quotes they are given, there is no alteration in that price whatsoever
  23. New Member

[QUOTE=AE14;2345288]Totally agree, and I also believe that NP does make their customers happy, or at least will do whatever they can to do so.

Please remember that NP uses the quotes they are given, there is no alteration in that price whatsoever[/QUO

I trust you, I was just questioning... I hope NP will provide a solution. As you can see we are all international customers that are mostly happy but the increase of shipment price we have seen last few years is making us unhappy and seeking to local retailers when possible.

For instance the supplement market in France has deeply changed and there is a lot of competition on the net and offer free shipment like NP does for its US customers.

We are getting more and more supplement stores here too. I am living in the south of France and only last year 4 new stores have opened in 20 kms around my town and that a lot for a country like Frace where bodybuilding is not a significant activity.

If international business represents a great pourcentage for NP, then they have to do something, otherwise they are going to loose their foreign customers.
  24. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator

If international business represents a great pourcentage for NP, then they have to do something, otherwise they are going to loose their foreign customers.
    Ahhh....THE magic word "IF".

As stated multiple times by multiple CSR's and board reps; we are giving you OUR cost for shipping with NO mark up. If I were in your shoes I would do what is prudent for me as well. Rest assured NP is doing ALL they can. I imagine IF international customers were indeed that great a percentage then there may be a little more weight to push around with the shippers.
  25. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by jherman08 View Post
    quick noob question,
    do other countries tax packages to discourage buying from outside of the country?
    most of countries charge tariff. the rule of EU+UK is that all import goods need to be charged, including small size internet busniess. The main problem is VAT. VAT is 17.5%, much higher than common tariff, ~5%.

Most of countries don't bother to check small packages since the cost of doing this is higher than Tariff you can get. In EU or UK the 'repay' might be higher because Tariff + VAT can be over 25% of value thus worthy doing.
  26. New Member

Ahhh....THE magic word "IF".

As stated multiple times by multiple CSR's and board reps; we are giving you OUR cost for shipping with NO mark up. If I were in your shoes I would do what is prudent for me as well. Rest assured NP is doing ALL they can. I imagine IF international customers were indeed that great a percentage then there may be a little more weight to push around with the shippers.
    Sorry David, I find you are really aggressive in your answers. Does it make you nervous to get such feedback????
  27. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator

Sorry David, I find you are really aggressive in your answers. Does it make you nervous to get such feedback????
    Aggressive? I find your post confrontational and accusational. We clearly do not have very competetive international shipping cost. The truth does not make me nervous by any means.

I too would shop elsewhere until things improve here. As you have stated multiple times you have alternatives that are more cost effective and I too would venture to use them as well. Beating a horse, this horse, seems vindictive at best and antagonizing at worst.

As stated multiple times NP is doing their best to improve their international shipping fees. In the mean, please do as you will.
  28. New Member

the discussion seems a bit off focus.

it's not really about did NP make the best effort or bigger or smaller customers group. At least for me, I was asking for more options of shipping methods.
    If I don't need to receive within a week, can I have cheaper fair? I can wait, if waiting can save me 18 USD or more. Yeah, fedex gives faster and better service, but can oversea customers have another option for slower parcel shipping? If NP can't be bothered to take small amount of parcels to post office everyday, I am even fine if they send it once a week as long as the shipping fees can be low? It shouldn't be that hard for NP to do?
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  209 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by narraboth View Post
    Lets start a thread here then when we get say 300 dollars worth of orders or something, i will order, and then send, we will record everything here, and you can pay me through paypal.
    Gause institute member

Need2slin designer.Product designer/ **** admin.
  30. New Member

Shipping to Australia via iherb I normally get my package in one and a half weeks.
    Shipping via USPS (not express) its normally 7-8 days. But you also get tracking (which gets updated slowly)
    DHl express is normally $20 for 6 bottles and is fully tracked and its normally 5-6 days
    I can see if you go the iherb route and people get there package lost its going to cause you all sorts of headaches.

Its really great its being looked into and im very interested to see how it all goes.
  31. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

Ok, let me see if I can summarize the discussion here. It seems the focus has shifted a bit more to the international shipping side which is a different beast altogether. We currently use Fed Ex and USPS because they have given us (and therefore you) the best rates so far. We are certainly open to looking at other carriers, but to this point we have not received any quotes from anyone which would save our customers money. We do not make any money on our shipping fees, and in fact, last year paid quite a bit more to ship your products than you actually paid to have them shipped. All I can say is that we DO care about our international customers and want to provide the best service possible. I also understand that if a shop opens up near to where you live and they have a competitive price, it will always be cheaper to buy it there and not pay shipping costs.

I have personally been working with our Fed Ex international representatives to find ways to not only provide a cheaper method of shipping, but also a way to clear customs faster and with fewer duties and taxes.

I know that it appears unfair for our international customers that we offer free domestic shipping on orders over a certain dollar amount. I would be open to something similar with international orders, however finding that dollar amount would be somewhat difficult to do considering international taxes/duties. I would not want a customer to have to place such a large order to receive free shipping that the benefit would be negated by increased duties/taxes.

So, I have a couple of questions for our international customers:

1. Would you be willing to sacrifice delivery time (ie. a slower delivery) and the possible inability to track your package in exchange for a lower shipping cost?

2. If we included the estimated duties and taxes when you checked out so that you did not have to pay them on delivery would that be preferable?

Rest assured, we are constantly striving to find ways to provide our customers both domestic and international with the best service possible.
  32. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by atjnutrition2 View Post
    On a side note to what I mentioned above, we are currently in the middle of meetings with one of our largest shippers to expedite the time it takes our international packages to ship and clear customs. We are also looking at ways to have duties and taxes pre-paid so that international customers are not hit with an additional fee once they receive their goods. This has been a personal priority for me and I hope to have some things in place in the very very near future as far as international shipping.
    That'd be good mate, I forked over $50 dollars Aus to ship a tiny box express!! Was spose to be 4 days, but it was 9-10
    Never the less It got here wich is most important thin, but it shouldn't really say 4 days, as it's a little misleading.
  33. New Member

PS, Id definitely give up ability to track parcel. I couldn't care less bout tracking it personally, whatever knocks the price down!
  34. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  238 lbs.

Ok, let me see if I can summarize the discussion here. It seems the focus has shifted a bit more to the international shipping side which is a different beast altogether. We currently use Fed Ex and USPS because they have given us (and therefore you) the best rates so far. We are certainly open to looking at other carriers, but to this point we have not received any quotes from anyone which would save our customers money. We do not make any money on our shipping fees, and in fact, last year paid quite a bit more to ship your products than you actually paid to have them shipped. All I can say is that we DO care about our international customers and want to provide the best service possible. I also understand that if a shop opens up near to where you live and they have a competitive price, it will always be cheaper to buy it there and not pay shipping costs.

I have personally been working with our Fed Ex international representatives to find ways to not only provide a cheaper method of shipping, but also a way to clear customs faster and with fewer duties and taxes.

I know that it appears unfair for our international customers that we offer free domestic shipping on orders over a certain dollar amount. I would be open to something similar with international orders, however finding that dollar amount would be somewhat difficult to do considering international taxes/duties. I would not want a customer to have to place such a large order to receive free shipping that the benefit would be negated by increased duties/taxes.

1. Would you be willing to sacrifice delivery time (ie. a slower delivery) and the possible inability to track your package in exchange for a lower shipping cost?

2. If we included the estimated duties and taxes when you checked out so that you did not have to pay them on delivery would that be preferable?

Rest assured, we are constantly striving to find ways to provide our customers both domestic and international with the best service possible.

As long as it gets here, I don't care about tracking it. IF it takes a few days longer..meh. Cheap pricing will always win out with me.
  35. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktail View Post
    As long as it gets here, I don't care about tracking it. IF it takes a few days longer..meh. Cheap pricing will always win out with me.
    NP Reps, I thinks you'll find this is the sentiment of most International customers. Trackin etc is a luxury.
  36. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by russianstar View Post
    Lets start a thread here then when we get say 300 dollars worth of orders or something, i will order, and then send, we will record everything here, and you can pay me through paypal.
    that's cool
    but can we do that in public or need to use PM?
    (oh no, your PM box is full....)
    i think we might need to exchange contact detail...
    currently i have about 80 dollars shopping list in mind. (so not too worthy to pay 36 USD shipping fees)
  37. New Member

1. your website already has two shipping options to choose (although they are not too different price), so I think it shouldn't be a problem, if someone wants it shipped fast, he can always choose fedex and pay for it. If people like me choose cheap fees, then they agree for what's offered.

Untraced package must be cheaper. I don't mind slower shipping, but hope you will have a nice policy for 'product not received' case in untraced shipping.

2. I am not very sure about pre-paid duties and taxes.
    You might need to ask some experts because i think different countries have different rates of tariff and taxes, even one country has different rate of tariff base on different goods, different amount, and different years. I don't think it's very easy for you to count precisely.
  38. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

Thanks for the input so far....I'm not on here as much as I'd like to be, so feel free to P.M. me as well with any input you may have. I truly want to make this work for our international customers.
  39. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

I did want to Order for NP but its to expensive with shipping, your prices are cheaper, ....(mod edit: please do not reference other retailers..thank you) pretty much pays for shipping unless i buy proteins.. so i have cheaper shipping + coupon....
  40. New Member

I would love to have the option of slower delivery times and no tracking, but there should be a dollar limit on the amount you can order.

Fedex may be good in America, but here they are more strict than the real Australian customs, somtimes they dont even let through stuff thats legal here. They also take forever to have things cleared.

A big thank you for looking into this, im looking forward to the results!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Expensive International shipping
    By munique in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-12-2009, 11:41 AM
  2. why does igf-1 keep getting more expensive?
    By sam salters in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 06:19 AM
  3. Is there a least expensive insulin?
    By Zero Tolerance in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-02-2006, 03:02 AM
  4. Which car will be more expensive on gas??
    By sas4488 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-22-2005, 01:34 AM