New Years Tons of Free Samples

BringThePain

BringThePain

Awards
Just curious what happened to the tons of free samples from you guys? I was expecting something from the new years sale considering it was in your mass email ad. Seems i never get anything anymore when i order. :thinking:

Imnotascoolas

Awards
I only get samples when I remember to ask for them in the comments

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
last year I got a nutraplanet shaker cup and a AX beanie with some free samples of a bunch of other supps. I am stilkl waiting for this years order to come in.

How big was your order? They prolly dont include a ton of samples with small orders

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
We try to include samples whenever we can; during the New Years sale we have a masssive amount of orders and still a limited amount of samples so it isn't physically possible to give samples out to everyone unfortunately.

BringThePain

BringThePain

Awards
last year I got a nutraplanet shaker cup and a AX beanie with some free samples of a bunch of other supps. I am stilkl waiting for this years order to come in.

How big was your order? They prolly dont include a ton of samples with small orders
Well i got quite a few samples from last years sale. My order wasn't exactly small but it wasnt a credit card maxing order either.

giantbrandon

Awards
  • Established
my order before x mas had heaps but i do order alot of supps lol

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
alot of it has to do with if you asked for free samples. On my New Years order I did not, and didnt receive any. However, when I do ask, I am always pleased with the amount I receive

skar01

Awards
I didn't get any with my NY order or the follow-up protein order, but I've got 7 new tubs of stuff to scoop from! My wife's not thrilled about taking up all the the cabinet space!

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm....no freebies for me either, oh well....got two packages today, lots of good stuff and I love those sexy black series containers. :love: Christmas in January lol....

SokVichet

SokVichet

Awards
  • Established
I didn't get any with my NY order or the follow-up protein order, but I've got 7 new tubs of stuff to scoop from! My wife's not thrilled about taking up all the the cabinet space!
Hah, I know the feeling! I used to have all my stuff out on the counter before we bought our house. I heard about it everyday. Now I have my own cabinet(s) and an entire pantry wall, teehee! Supplement experimentation is almost as much fun as working out for me :p

My order was delayed thanks to Dymatize, so I don't have much hope for samples.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it's funny I take the same grief about taking up too much space. :)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The simple guide is: If you wish to have some product samples, indicate this in the comment section of your order. If NutraPlanet has any samples at the time of processing your order, you would certainly get some. They are known to be generous in this regard. If you do not ask for samples, chances are high that you would not get any. No one wants to get "spammed" with samples they do not want! :biglaugh:

sw bill

Awards
alot of it has to do with if you asked for free samples. On my New Years order I did not, and didnt receive any. However, when I do ask, I am always pleased with the amount I receive
Asking has never once worked for me but no big deal, I will be happy if my new years day order ever gets shipped

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Asking has never once worked for me but no big deal, I will be happy if my new years day order ever gets shipped
I am sure it will shipped once evrything is in stock

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the heads up on asking for freebies.

SokVichet

SokVichet

Awards
  • Established
There are a large number of items backordered due to the amazing sales. My order had several backordered items. Nutraplanet communicated these delays, and when I asked, split up my order to get the available supplies to me. Normally my stuff gets here in ludicrous speed, but when it doesn't I can be sure they are working on it. They are simply the best.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thank you sok, I know NP keeps working hard to make sure that everyone gets their stuff asap

Jaidmaster

Jaidmaster

Awards
Yes, I was a little disappointed as well - I even asked for samples and got nothing. Still using my AX beanie from last year though! :) Should not have advertised "Tons of Free Samples & Goodies!" if they were limited. Oh well - I did save a lot of cash, but the surprise of samples is always exciting.
One more shipment coming today, so I'll keep my fingers crossed!

gymbo123

Awards
Love Nutra, love the sale, totally fine with the delays (Nutra also made up for this and was more than helpful throughout)... but when you advertise "tons of free samples," you really shouldn't have to ask to receive them.

Very disappointed when I saw that I had to ask AFTER I had already placed my order!

Jaidmaster

Jaidmaster

Awards
I asked and didn't get any either - I think they just ran out...

rescue163

Awards
I wonder If I will get any(I asked for some samples in the notes)...... I got the second order I placed on the 5th, I asked but did not get any samples.... My first order was on 1-1-2010.... still waiting for it(because of an over sold product). I am not at all complaining, but I am wondering if anyone got any free samples from the NY sale yet?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i did not get any samples, about the same size orders i had last year except last year i got samples and a shaker bottle with each of my 3 orders.

kinda sad but what can you do, still a good deal.

zb126

Awards
  • Established
i did not get any samples, about the same size orders i had last year except last year i got samples and a shaker bottle with each of my 3 orders.

kinda sad but what can you do, still a good deal.
yeah no samples as promised with a 100 dollar order would have expected at least a little something :(

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so my $200 order came in and had 0 extras.. was really looking forward to another beanie or shaker cup or something. I also find it a little off that it is expected that we have to ask for it when it was advertised as part of the sale selling pitch.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We try to include samples whenever we can; during the New Years sale we have a masssive amount of orders and still a limited amount of samples so it isn't physically possible to give samples out to everyone unfortunately.
Here you go Judo

propho

Awards
  • Established
I don't ask for samples cuz it makes me feel like a cheap ass.. only did once but that's cuz my friend heard you have to ask for it and we were combing orders =| Though I did receive samples I felt cheap and worthless afterward..

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
So its all about who you know :biglaugh:

zb126

Awards
  • Established
Here you go Judo
I guess it would be different if it wasn't advertised as part of the sale but it was disappointing for a basically first time NP shopper to spend a decent amount and not get what was advertised. It obviously doesn't make or break the deal but still, with other competitor sites giving free stuff in almost all of my orders its just interesting that so many people didn't get anything on here.

shinobidoode

Awards
I think the people crying about missing a few samples from their order need to place another order for a test booster. Seriously? A few ONE serving samples is going to reduce you to a whiny little girl?

zb126

Awards
  • Established
I think the people crying about missing a few samples from their order need to place another order for a test booster. Seriously? A few ONE serving samples is going to reduce you to a whiny little girl?
I think you missed the point I was trying to make. While people do enjoy getting even that one serving sample as a thank you for their business its also a matter of a company following through with what it says.

Like I mentioned before, its not like its the end of the world, but customers who get treated well and feel that their business is appreciated will come back for more purchases. Its also not like this is a new concept; it's probably the first thing you learn in a business class.

An example of this is that I know a number of people who don't mind the slightly higher prices on some products and will order from BB.com only because they feel that they are always being taken care of and have developed brand loyalty you could call it.

sw bill

Awards
HAHAHAHAHA I love it!!!!

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think you missed the point I was trying to make. While people do enjoy getting even that one serving sample as a thank you for their business its also a matter of a company following through with what it says.

Like I mentioned before, its not like its the end of the world, but customers who get treated well and feel that their business is appreciated will come back for more purchases. Its also not like this is a new concept; it's probably the first thing you learn in a business class.

An example of this is that I know a number of people who don't mind the slightly higher prices on some products and will order from BB.com only because they feel that they are always being taken care of and have developed brand loyalty you could call it.

Obviously you haven't seen what NP does on a daily basis.

BTW, bb.com is starting to charge for samples.

Nobody is saying you are wrong, but the guy that sued for millions because his laundromat screwed up his pants was technically right but people still thought he was an idiot for doing it.

NutraPlanet CS

NutraPlanet CS

NP Supplement Pimp
Awards
  • Established
Alright, I think it is time for me to chime in on this thread.

Yes, as JD just stated, customs is notorious for nabbing samples, but I do realize there are a lot of domestic orders that didn't receive any samples.

While I don't want to sound as if we have a million excuses for this inconvenience, I would like to explain the situation. I can promise that deception is the last thing we would ever want to provide to any our customers; we strive to provide 110% customer satisfaction, as anyone who knows NutraPlanet, knows our customers are like family to us.

To begin with, we did in fact have tons of samples to pass out at the beginning of the sale, which we did and still are as we receive them in stock (no matter the size of the order). Though, we did underestimate ourselves and destroyed your record breaking numbers by a landslide, which was not completely expected, at least not to this magnitude. Therefore, we then kept running out of samples to pass out, but have desperately been begging for more from whoever has them to provide, even for products we don't even carry (yet).

And, because this sale was so overwhelming and to help alleviate some of the delay, we were forced to drop-ship more than half of these orders from our distributors, meaning we had them send the orders straight out to the customers direct, as opposed to them sending the inventory to us to divide up and send out ourselves. We did not originally intend on drop-shipping any orders at the beginning of this sale, when we were marketing "tons of free samples". Unfortunately, these distributors do not include any samples in these drop-shipments (even upon our request). Though, we figured our customers would rather have their order arrive as quickly as possible without samples, then experience further delay with a few free samples.

Trust me, if we were greedy and ignorant enough to market ourselves around these "deceptive" strategies, then we would obviously be a "flight by night" company, who would not have a loyal army of amazing customers. We would not offer rock-bottom prices, cutting into our margins and bread & butter. We would not offer free shipping on our expense. We would not have an extensive customer service team, dedicated to not just fixing a problem, but making it better than as if the problem never existed. And, we would not have the passion to better ourselves, our company structure, and overall service on a daily basis. We would not be here today.

Again, this post was not out of a million excuses or pure reaction, but to hopefully shed some further light for anyone who feels cheated or deceived, and help everyone understand both sides of the story. We at NutraPlanet humbly appreciate everyone's patience, understanding, and continued support!

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
Well said! Plus - you've extended free shipping on any size order. No other company would do that! People should stop whinning like little pi**its. :bryce:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great post, NutraPlanet CS! :thumbsup:

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
No complaints here, I just will say I have not got samples in over 8 orders. LOL oh well!

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did someone delete a post? LOL..

Now now naughty MODS :p I think all feedback is good, weather good or bad!

I could complain you send US orders of 1000US for free, which prob still costs you 20-30? but u wont deduct that amount of international orders..

But i dont, most sites dont give a **** about international customers, once one starts, theyll notice alot more sales!

anyways free samples r just that free, so who cares
:)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did someone delete a post? LOL..

Now now naughty MODS :p I think all feedback is good, weather good or bad!

I could complain you send US orders of 1000US for free, which prob still costs you 20-30? but u wont deduct that amount of international orders..

But i dont, most sites dont give a **** about international customers, once one starts, theyll notice alot more sales!

anyways free samples r just that free, so who cares
:)
The only deleted posts I see are by the people who posted them. Nice try though...

Now now naughty Adelv, some people should understand that people can delete their own posts....