John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
whatsup with this stuff?

I hear people saying it does not work as good. I was thinking of placing an order in because mine ran out in 2007.(used it from 2005-2007) was good stuff and just wanted to order it.

can any one that has tried the new batch review it in this thread ?

has any one done the old stuff and compare it to this stuff?

is it working and do you think it is good stuff?

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used both many times, and will say the new is steped on, or cut with something. Not near as effective as the old grain type they had. The white powder.....hmmm...baking soda.

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
So which brands are good. I was about to order.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I have the "baking soda" version, and it seems to be just fine. Put me in some of the best moods I've had, lately.

I can't think of anything more god awful tasting, then this stuff. But I survive.

nevergoodenough

nevergoodenough

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Has anyone tried the new phenibut with any alcohol? I haven't used phenibut in a while, a few years ago I took some and had a little to drink and felt great, had a good buzz and barely had to drink. Then, I slept for like 12 hours and the whole next day I still felt drunk and had a big loss in basic motor skills which was not fun. I like the idea of being able to take phenibut have a beer or 2 and feel good, but do not want to be f-d up for the next 36 hours.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
I was taking phenibut probably 3x a week as much as 6g and then I came off it. The withdrawl was enough to keep me away from it from now on.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
Did you take all 6g at once.
No i was spreading it out but not enough. Admittedly I used it the wrong way and even tho I knew there was a dependency issue I didn't really pyramid down doses, thinking I could just handle the withdrawl. I just felt so hopeless on the withdrawl. Not a good feeling. IDK - I'm sure its great if run correctly I just don't know that I'd fcuk with it again.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Has anyone tried the new phenibut with any alcohol? I haven't used phenibut in a while, a few years ago I took some and had a little to drink and felt great, had a good buzz and barely had to drink. Then, I slept for like 12 hours and the whole next day I still felt drunk and had a big loss in basic motor skills which was not fun. I like the idea of being able to take phenibut have a beer or 2 and feel good, but do not want to be f-d up for the next 36 hours.
FYI...on phenibut 1 beer equals 3-4 beers.

the highest Ive gone is a gram and Ive been 230 lbs on the stuff.

Phenibut is strong stuff ...as strong as what doctors prescribe for anxiety

I like the fact it has no tropic proprieties.

login211

Awards
I was taking phenibut probably 3x a week as much as 6g and then I came off it. The withdrawl was enough to keep me away from it from now on.
never heard of such high doses....

i don't think anymore than 3-4g should be taken...

am1177

Awards
Looks like NP Phenibut contains 100mg/g?
Correct me if wrong.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
never heard of such high doses....

i don't think anymore than 3-4g should be taken...
a gram has worked for me and I've never went above a gram. I was around 220 lbs when dosing phenibut. (this was the old stuff)

I guess Ill have to wait and see how this new stuff works when i buy it, which I plan on, but may try some thing else. well see

phenibut works no doubt about it

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
has anyone whos taken phenibut also been on scripted anxiety meds before? reason i ask is because im prescribed a few different benzos and i wen thru withdrawal before so now i never use them and i would love something to help with anxiety without the negatives of benzo usage

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
has anyone whos taken phenibut also been on scripted anxiety meds before? reason i ask is because im prescribed a few different benzos and i wen thru withdrawal before so now i never use them and i would love something to help with anxiety without the negatives of benzo usage
not I. i use it for bodybuilding purposes only/maybe health purposes? for sleep ...stress reduction or better sleep which equals growth

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
Does it still work? I usually take 1/2 Xanax to unwind after a stressful day but since Phenibut has nootropic properties I'd like to switch to that.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does it still work? I usually take 1/2 Xanax to unwind after a stressful day but since Phenibut has nootropic properties I'd like to switch to that.
it works well. do not do too much or the next day it has increased sides.

I recommend 500-1000 mgs, lower if you are under 200 lbs.

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I'm 120 lb so maybe 1/4 teaspoon? Does it come with a measuring device? Thanks so much!!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I'm 120 lb so maybe 1/4 teaspoon? Does it come with a measuring device? Thanks so much!!
I do not think it does.

let us know how it works from you. i am thinking about buying some phenibut on my next np order

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
I took 2 gms and noticed no effects at 185 lbs. I'll try 3 next time, probably in a few days.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
It works for me, have gone up to 4 grams of the new...remember I think the half life is like 4 hours, so give at least 2 to notice effects
I know the half life..I was up for 6 hours. NOthing.. :sad2:

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
Update on the Phenibut situation: I am working with European and Russian suppliers to bring in non-Chinese grade material. Even though the Chinese stuff tests out fine, I think everyone agrees that something is effecting the potency of the product. Hopefully this will not be a long process and we can get some European stuff in here ASAP.

Booee

Awards
In my opinion, phenibut and doxylamine (Unisom) used together are essentially indistinguishable from Xanax. But if it does the same thing for you, be prepared to sleep at least ten hours, if not more.

Phenibut withdrawal is not pleasant, but it is nowhere near as bad as benzo withdrawal. Try to limit yourself to no more than four consecutive nights, with plenty of time off in between. I now consider this a rescue medication only.

Booee

Awards
Update on the Phenibut situation: I am working with European and Russian suppliers to bring in non-Chinese grade material.
I’m curious—is this a direct result of the suggestions that I made in the other thread?

Chops89

Chops89

Awards
  • Established
Sounds great Custom. I was about to order some more, but might hold off to see how this turns out.

login211

Awards
I know the half life..I was up for 6 hours. NOthing.. :sad2:
i experienced the same problems after my initial first couple of doses

then i would take .8g in the morning, then another .8g like 4-5 hours later... in any case, i would get very sleepy by the end of the day and would have a very restful sleep...

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I took 2 gms and noticed no effects at 185 lbs. I'll try 3 next time, probably in a few days.
well then you got bunk stuff. 1000 mgs of the old stuff knocked me out cold for 12 hours...or maybe you are a non responder. Again, I have not tried the new stuff every one keeps saying is not as strong as the old stuff

Update on the Phenibut situation: I am working with European and Russian suppliers to bring in non-Chinese grade material. Even though the Chinese stuff tests out fine, I think everyone agrees that something is effecting the potency of the product. Hopefully this will not be a long process and we can get some European stuff in here ASAP.
Good to hear. I usually buy from Nutraplanet because of the variety of products. I have also bought at Custom before. are you selling this at Nutra ?

Phenibut withdrawal is not pleasant, but it is nowhere near as bad as benzo withdrawal. Try to limit yourself to no more than four consecutive nights, with plenty of time off in between. I now consider this a rescue medication only.
I have never had a problem of any withdrawal symptoms. It took me two years to use 50 grams of the stuff. it does not need to be used a lot in my opinion.

Chops89

Chops89

Awards
  • Established
I know it's a bit early to ask, but any updates about the European/Russian suppliers? I'm kind of holding off on my next order of this and a few other products to hopefully get some of the old phenibut.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know it's a bit early to ask, but any updates about the European/Russian suppliers? I'm kind of holding off on my next order of this and a few other products to hopefully get some of the old phenibut.
its not early at all. the sooner the better of the quality of this stuff

bosompincher

Banned
Awards
Smeaton yoh dude wassup?

I have 50gms of the baking soda phenibut(.25 tsp = 900mg) which I haven't even opened yet.

I will run tonight for ya bro as I have been having some restless nights and report back to ya on the double brutha :)

BP

bosompincher

Banned
Awards
update

Had 1 gm (1/4 teaspoon) give or take??..it was one heaped teaspoon anyways LOL.

Went to bed early and slept like a log.Normally I am quite a restless sleeper(tossing,turning & twisting and kicking ).Some say I am a tormented soul...Ooooh deary me:).I didn't even get up to have my early morning piss and binge from fridge which I have been working on trying to get rid of for a while.

Feel well rested.Not drowsy in anyway and the world seems good.

I have read that you do build up a tolerance to this so I will run around 3 days a week on alternate days and keep an eye on my progress.

Took in conjunction with Primaforce's ZMA which I take nightly.

I also have some GABA which I haven't tried yet also_On the days I don't take Phenibut I will add this in starting at a 1gm and going up 1/2 a gram increments until I find the right dose for me.

All good on the Phenibut get yourself some and get it india LOL.

BP

h22t88

Awards
Yeah. I've been off of phenibut for over a month now. I have been using it for over a year. Because of the tolerance I was dosing up to 20+g a day. 10 -15g per dose at one point. I'm prescribed 4mg of Klonopin a day. While using this product I felt NO NEED WHATSOEVER to take Klonopin but I took two a day so I wouldn't have a seizure. I know that amount sounds insane but I could drive, work (from home) and everything. It just goes to show you how fast the tolerance builds. I've used the old NP phenibut and liked it, but the only brand I've found to be very potent and consistent is Primaforce. The withdrawl is no where near benzo symptoms. In my case, I had klonopin on hand to help with the withdrawal. You just get REALLY depressed (like CrazyChemist said) and don't want to get out of bed for a week, in my case at least.

I don't know if I'll use it again in the future. It is a amazing supp and I can't even believe you can buy it OTC. I read recently in a study that recovering meth addicts who were introduced to phenibut, preferred phenibut over meth if they had the choice. That says a lot.

It's all in the dosing. I like the intense euphoria so I STARTED with 4g per dose. Pretty addicting and should be used with caution.

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
Euphoria?? So it doesn't just knock you out? Please tell me what to expect as I'm very intrigued by Phenibut. Is it similar to Xanax?

Chops89

Chops89

Awards
  • Established
Euphoria?? So it doesn't just knock you out? Please tell me what to expect as I'm very intrigued by Phenibut. Is it similar to Xanax?
Oh yeah. If dosed right, it has some real recreational potential. You have to exercise extreme caution when doing this, though. Too much will mess you up for a day or two. Using it too often will cause major tolerance and possibly some withdrawals when you stop.

h22t88

Awards
Phenibut is simply GABA that can cross the BBB easily. The effects are definitely comparable to xanax if not stronger. Xanax intensifies the effect of GABA on your brain. It all depends on the dose and how you react to it. As far as euphoria, a lot of people say it's the closest thing to ecstasy you can get. It is often compared to GHB as well. Chemically they are very close and from personal experience I can tell you it's the closest you're going to get. When dosed right I get an extreme sense of well being, like nothing in the world could bring me down. The most minor things can make you so happy etc. All of this while feeling like you have a 3-4 beer buzz. You lose a lot of inhibition. I feel like I could go up to anyone and just start up a conversation with them. I could go on. Seems like a lot of people don't do well at higher doses. I think I'm a little different because I've been on Klonopin for years which also works on GABA-B. I have quite the garden of receptors in my brain waiting. I remember when bulk nutrition sold it. The review section was full of "How in the **** is this stuff legal?" type comments. There were some going as far as saying "this is what I picture heroin feeling like".

If you want to use it recreationally, start low and work your way up to a dose you like. Everyone responds different. I usually drink coffee while using it to counter any drowsiness. I don't think I ever got the horrible hangovers etc. because I was on it pretty much all the time. The tolerance can make it an expensive habit.

I think it should be used more with recovering alcoholics. It mimics a lot of the effects of alcohol and helped me to get off the bottle.

h22t88

Awards
I should also mention that unless you get REALLY trashed on it, you still maintain mental clarity which is a big plus.

Chops89

Chops89

Awards
  • Established
I should also mention that unless you get REALLY trashed on it, you still maintain mental clarity which is a big plus.
That's what I love about it. I feel amazing, but I feel completely in control of my mind and body as well.

bosompincher

Banned
Awards
Phenibut is simply GABA that can cross the BBB easily. The effects are definitely comparable to xanax if not stronger. Xanax intensifies the effect of GABA on your brain. It all depends on the dose and how you react to it. As far as euphoria, a lot of people say it's the closest thing to ecstasy you can get. It is often compared to GHB as well. Chemically they are very close and from personal experience I can tell you it's the closest you're going to get. When dosed right I get an extreme sense of well being, like nothing in the world could bring me down. The most minor things can make you so happy etc. All of this while feeling like you have a 3-4 beer buzz. You lose a lot of inhibition. I feel like I could go up to anyone and just start up a conversation with them. I could go on. Seems like a lot of people don't do well at higher doses. I think I'm a little different because I've been on Klonopin for years which also works on GABA-B. I have quite the garden of receptors in my brain waiting. I remember when bulk nutrition sold it. The review section was full of "How in the **** is this stuff legal?" type comments. There were some going as far as saying "this is what I picture heroin feeling like".

If you want to use it recreationally, start low and work your way up to a dose you like. Everyone responds different. I usually drink coffee while using it to counter any drowsiness. I don't think I ever got the horrible hangovers etc. because I was on it pretty much all the time. The tolerance can make it an expensive habit.

I think it should be used more with recovering alcoholics. It mimics a lot of the effects of alcohol and helped me to get off the bottle.
Nice one bruth:)

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
In other words, none of the slurred speech that comes with drinking alcohol?
Thanks again for sharing so much useful information!

That's what I love about it. I feel amazing, but I feel completely in control of my mind and body as well.

h22t88

Awards
In other words, none of the slurred speech that comes with drinking alcohol?
Exactly. Even when I take high recreational doses, I tend to think more rational too. It's a nice combo. No, slurred speech. I'm really outgoing as it is, but using phenibut in social situations (clubs, bars etc.) makes it 5X easier to approach girls and just strike up conversations. Makes you look pretty damn confident too. I notice it in myself, but watching my friends on it really shows the difference when we're out.

Kind of off topic, but while we're on the social subject I'll mention this too. Most people who live fitness/bodybuilding lifestyles don't drink much. I've gone out to some insane clubs with friends before (I live in SoCal) and we take a good dose of phenibut a couple hours before and go in with water bottles or just buy a Red Bull inside. You would not believe the attention it draws from the ladies when you're in the club with just a bottle of water (and hopefully in shape). You stand out from all the other drunk guys hitting on them like a sore thumb and it gives them a reason to talk to you. It usually starts out with "Not drinking tonight?" and it goes from there with pretty good results from my experience (especially after telling them it's "for fitness reasons", or it "affects your training"). Forget the pheremones lol. Generally, girls aren't looking for a drunk (even though you feel pretty buzzed lol). Just an idea.

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
Sounds wonderful!! :09: I'll definitely buy some!

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
This is great news...as the quality of phenibut across the board has been pretty lousy too be honest. Its not just nutraplanet, but 2 other vendors that I've tried as well. I dunno what the deal is, but I still have some of the old nutra phenibut and the difference between potency with that and a newer batch is like night and day.

Phenibut is simply GABA that can cross the BBB easily. The effects are definitely comparable to xanax if not stronger. Xanax intensifies the effect of GABA on your brain. It all depends on the dose and how you react to it. As far as euphoria, a lot of people say it's the closest thing to ecstasy you can get. It is often compared to GHB as well. Chemically they are very close and from personal experience I can tell you it's the closest you're going to get. I think I'm a little different because I've been on Klonopin for years which also works on GABA-B. I have quite the garden of receptors in my brain waiting. I remember when bulk nutrition sold it. The review section was full of "How in the **** is this stuff legal?" type comments. There were some going as far as saying "this is what I picture heroin feeling like".

Careful taking this stuff with benzo's my friend...especially if you're gonna drink on top of it.

Also, it is similar to GHB in effects at the GABA receptor, but the similarity ends there. GHB is more comparable to alcohol than anything. Neither are anything like ecstasy pharmacologically.

This could theoretically help with alcohol withdrawl (especially as a legal option) but benzo's have a much better track record and are quite effective at getting over the physical alcohol withdrawl.

That said, there's nothing like 1-2g of phenibut with a few beers IMO. The feeling is unique, and one of my absolute favorites.

h22t88

Awards
Yeah, I really enjoyed the older batches of NP. Quigs is right on. There are quite a few companies/batches out there that are horrible. There is only one brand that I can count on now. About six months ago I ordered Higher Power to try it out. Even at 30g I felt nothing. When I talked to the retailer about getting a refund, it sounded like they were well aware of it but still selling it. ****ty

Should have clarified on the ecstacy. I wasn't talking about the chemical structure. Just the effects on some people. Phenibut is somewhat similar pharmacologically to GHB. GHB is gamma-hydroxybutyrate. Phenibut is B-phenyl-butyric acid. Maybe not as far as the effects, but chemically similar.

As far as taking it with the benzos I've never had a problem. I DO NOT recommend anyone combining them though. My doctor knows I combine them and isn't worried about it. Maybe because I use less Klonopin when on phenibut. Benzos are def the best route to go for alcohol withdrawl because of the anti-convulsant properties. I think/know using it after the withdrawl would greatly reduce the rate of relapse. Even meth addicts choose it over a meth relapse.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah I knew this years ago. Phenibut is good for any withdraw symptoms.

gabaob is interesting I do not know much. I am copying and pasting an email from a friend on gabaob

Marketed as "the closest legal thing to GHB" but as a prescription drug its behaviour is quite different - its an anticonvulsant. GABA etc... just cause a drop in anxiety.

What I think happened was when the FDA banned GHB everyone expected them to ban GABOB so its use in stuff like X-Dreams never happened. Thats why I suspect its not mainstream in bodybuilding even though it is potent stuff. If supplement companies started putting it in sleep supplement mixes and they become popular I suspect the FDA would start to investigate.

h22t88

Awards
Yeah, GBL is still available. It's a direct precursor to GBH and is much more potent and dangerous. People think it's the same as GHB and overdose all the time. It's sold as a floor/wheel cleaner on many sites. That's the only product they sell on the site too and claim it's 99.97% pure. Pretty obvious. It is longer lasting than GBH. Google it and see what you find. Just like research chems, you can still find a lot of the banned stuff out there if you know where to look. You can buy it buy the gallon or larger...good Lord. I know a lot of people use it. I don't believe it's illegal to posess. Pretty damn risky if you ask me. Shot of paint stripper anyone? It was used in many OTC supps until the FDA caught on (Renewtrient, Revivarant or Revivarant G, Blue Nitro or Blue Nitro Vitality, GH Revitalizer, Gamma G, and Remforce).

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
not worth the legal ramifications for myself. I'll stick to stuff that is legal like phenibut