Past Issues with Bulk Powders

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
On another forum I stumbled across a thread discussing recent issues with Axis Labs' Furazadrol, and speculation their raws were tainted. Here is a post from said thread:

"What are the chances that axis labs supplier is the same one which ****ed nutraplanet over?"

This was laid out there like it was common knowledge, and no one else brought it up. I am unaware of any issues you guys (nutra) had with suppliers. Care to shed some light on this?

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey Dragon,
The only issue we've run into that I am aware of was one batch of Trione caps that turned out to contain yohimbine instead in place of the trione. They were only responsible for our Trione caps, and we no longer have any relations with them. The bulk trione powder (and all others) were unaffected.

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
Hey Dragon,
The only issue we've run into that I am aware of was one batch of Trione caps that turned out to contain yohimbine instead in place of the trione. They were only responsible for our Trione caps, and we no longer have any relations with them. The bulk trione powder (and all others) were unaffected.
Cool, thanks for the quick reply Steve. While on the topic, I assume you test all the raws for the bulk and/or capped Nutra-brand powders and supps, correct?

(Curious as a fairly big buyer of these and getting bigger).

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cool, thanks for the quick reply Steve. While on the topic, I assume you test all the raws for the bulk and/or capped Nutra-brand powders and supps, correct?

(Curious as a fairly big buyer of these and getting bigger).
We're working towards getting all our bulks 3rd party tested. This goes hand in hand with the GMP guidelines that were complying with. The new Black and Platinum series are all tested and GMP. For other bulks, we've done some testing and some CoAs.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nutra really stepped up to the plate with the new NutraPlanet Platinum Series . With so much negative turn of events with the tainting of several products (all companies included), this is exactly what the die-hard health enthusiasts needs - assurance. And this is only the beginning! :D

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Just wait until you guys see the new labels...

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
We're working towards getting all our bulks 3rd party tested. This goes hand in hand with the GMP guidelines that were complying with. The new Black and Platinum serie woulds are all tested and GMP. For other bulks, we've done some testing and some CoAs.
I'm in Australia and i know having CoAs with our packages, maybe on request, would really help speed our order processing procedure through customs.

I order bulk powders on a regular basis and had issues with them in the past. Having CoAs would be really helpful explaining what they are.

Believe me there are people out there who don't know what Creatine is and oddly enough they don't have access to the internet to do a search!!!!!!

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Hey Dragon,
Can I get the lot number on this? Also, what are the details - how much yohimbine is there per cap? And is there any trione in the caps at all?

I have three unopened bottles of NP Trione and want to be careful.

Thanks.

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
We're working towards getting all our bulks 3rd party tested. This goes hand in hand with the GMP guidelines that were complying with. The new Black and Platinum series are all tested and GMP. For other bulks, we've done some testing and some CoAs.
Then if I understand correctly, you are relying solely on the good faith of your suppliers? And there is no testing on the bulks other than this new platinum series, correct?

That is pretty damn scary...

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Then if I understand correctly, you are relying solely on the good faith of your suppliers? And there is no testing on the bulks other than this new platinum series, correct?

That is pretty damn scary...
Then you must be scared of the whole industry, or at least 95% of it. Tis' the reason why Nutra is going this route.

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
Then you must be scared of the whole industry, or at least 95% of it. Tis' the reason why Nutra is going this route.
My understanding is that most "reputable" companies at least test raws once in a while, if not every shipment. I think if we asked on the company forums on this board, most will say they at least spot test raws (I know Primordial does). As bulk powders are the raws, the fact that they have never been tested is indeed scary, especially as they are likely coming from China. My Divanex could be seaweed, for all I know, or contaminated with rat feces, or whatever.

If most companies in fact do not ever test raws... Hopefully some other company reps can chime in. Very interested to hear what they have to say.

munique

Awards
Hey Dragon,

And the ATD caps too right?

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
My understanding is that most "reputable" companies at least test raws once in a while, if not every shipment. I think if we asked on the company forums on this board, most will say they at least spot test raws (I know Primordial does). As bulk powders are the raws, the fact that they have never been tested is indeed scary, especially as they are likely coming from China. My Divanex could be seaweed, for all I know, or contaminated with rat feces, or whatever.

If most companies in fact do not ever test raws... Hopefully some other company reps can chime in. Very interested to hear what they have to say.
We do spot test raws on occassion. We actually just tested our coleus through one of the very best labs in the country, Chromadex.

We usually reserve spot testing like this for the more expensive or exotic products.

Still, we are employing spot heavy metal and purity testing on some of our more common raws after all of the scares lately from China.

We take product safety extremely serious and Sam has a passion for quality control.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Can I get the lot number on this? Also, what are the details - how much yohimbine is there per cap? And is there any trione in the caps at all?

I have three unopened bottles of NP Trione and want to be careful.

Thanks.
Bump.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
What were the purchase dates on the bottles SS?
The orders on NP site no longer show Trione, the items are empty so I don't know the order dates. However, all bottles have the same lot and expiration date: 20I407, 09/20/10.

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
We do spot test raws on occassion. We actually just tested our coleus through one of the very best labs in the country, Chromadex.

We usually reserve spot testing like this for the more expensive or exotic products.

Still, we are employing spot heavy metal and purity testing on some of our more common raws after all of the scares lately from China.

We take product safety extremely serious and Sam has a passion for quality control.
That is comforting, at least. Thanks for the info.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
The orders on NP site no longer show Trione, the items are empty so I don't know the order dates. However, all bottles have the same lot and expiration date: 20I407, 09/20/10.
bump - are my bottles of trione safe to consume?

wontdie

wontdie

Awards
  • Established
U may wish to email NP's customer service directly :)

Mine were bunk and they gave me a refund via NP dollars.

login211

Awards
so how much does it cost to have a certain powder tested?

fayd

Awards
Big bump. I loaded up on trione powder during the final run and am going to use some soon. Can anyone out there confirm that there are no stimulants in it? I had a bad batch of Nutra ATD and do not want a repeat experience. Yohimbe and I do not get along.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Big bump. I loaded up on trione powder during the final run and am going to use some soon. Can anyone out there confirm that there are no stimulants in it? I had a bad batch of Nutra ATD and do not want a repeat experience. Yohimbe and I do not get along.
What is the color of the powder?

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
the bulk powder is fine. It was the caps that had the issue.

fayd

Awards
Thank you much. As far as I know, the powder is pretty pure white. Does not appear contaminated.