ResV and sustained release r-ala/na-rala - AnabolicMinds.com

ResV and sustained release r-ala/na-rala

1. Advanced Member

ResV and sustained release r-ala/na-rala

Whats the current status on Resveratrol products and enhanced delivery and bioavailability? I have slacked off on my reading when it comes to current studies and research on it. This time last year we knew Resv had potential but it was still mostly wasted when ingested and had poor bioavailability.

Sirtris advances new therapies to combat aging - FierceBioResearcher

GSK is even getting in on the mix and appears to be working on SRT501. I assume they are following along the mechanism of action for resv but have improved delivery.

What is currently the best form of resv available to us and can it be obtained at a reasonable price? I'm not convinced I want to spend money on resv in its current form. You would likely be better off to spent that money on 6oz of a quality red wine every night.

Another thing I would like to see is a time release/sustained release R-ALA. Na-Rala is great but ala has a half life of like 22-25min or so. It's nice to stack it with ALCAR but you would have to dose a ton of times a day to achieve stable plasma levels. A sustained release formula is really needed to maximize the benefits. AOR makes one but it is WAY overpriced. What are the odds of NP ever getting a quality R-ALA (or other form) sustained release product? I for one would be willing to pay a lot more for it because otherwise, our Na-ALA is doing a lot less than we hope with this short half life.

R(+) SR is specially formulated with a more bioavailable salt form than the conventional "alpha lipoic acid" or R+ Lipoic acid and is more stable to heat and moisture making it more resistant to polymerization. In addition, R(+)SR is formulated in a special matrix to provide a sustained release guaranteed for 8-10 hours. Two to three capsules of R(+)SR provides a 24 hour coverage of this important and versatile antioxidant.
    From what I saw, they apparently did NOT source this from GeroNova which is surprising to see they don't have a sustained release product out yet. NP gets its bulk Na-RALA from GeraNova. Dsade, perhaps you can hunt down this mysterious source and see if you can work out a bulk powder deal. If you want NP to remain associated with cutting edge bulk supplements this would be a great move imo. Only you know if the demand is there based on your current Na-ala/rala sales. I dont know of anyone else selling this in bulk or even at a decent price. Jarrow has regular ALA in sustained release formula caps. You could look into bulk quantities of that perhaps.
    That which does not kill us makes us stronger - Friedrich Nietzsche

2. Senior Member

Look into IBE Reverse for resveratrol. It is a highly underated supplement and the best form of resv currently available in my opinion.
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.

the bioavailability issue is resveratrol's achilles heel. that's why big pharma companies are spending millions to try and solve that very problem.

still resveratrol does have some amazing health properties and if you take enough of it you will benefit from those.
    unfortunately it is very expensive to mega dose.
    buying bulk might be your best bet.
    or some of primodial's transdermal resveratrol products look promising, but i haven't seen evidence of what amt of resveratrol gets into circulation from their products.

sustained released ala has been brought up several times in the past. i really like the idea. we'll see what matt our bulk guru has to say.
    •   

4. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Alpine there has been some great work done on reverstrol with respect to micronized forms, and also the addition of surfactants such as Tween 80. IBE Acetylated it as Reverse, and PP went the transdermal route.
  5. Advanced Member

I'm always surprised by the lack of response Time Released ALA seems to get. It's as if people really don't understand how much the benefits are reduced unless you have a sustained release or your dosing regimen is insanely frequent (impossible for most).

The 22min spike in plasma levels is not doing anyone much good... This is coming from a fan of Na-RALA. There is still some evidence that spikes elicit benefits but its nothing close to what people are hoping. We need sustained release to get the ALCAR synergy everyone loves to refer to. If I'm going to have ALCAR cranking up my mitochondria, I'd like to be sure that I have a good antioxidant around for more than 22-25min.

To make things worse, I'm not even so sure we arent making our Na-rala worthless. Na-RALA is fully soluble in water and when we add ALCAR the solution becomes milky white & cloudy (as reported by other members at ImmInst.org). Isn't it VERY possible that Na-RALA reacts with Acetyl-L-carnitine hydrogen chloride to form sodium chloride and an insoluble material like acetyl-L-carnitine hydrogen R-lipoate (both in water and in the gut)? I see many extreme supplement folks on ImmInst.org taking their Na-rala/rala 30min prior to ALCAR to try and reduce this (if its in fact occurring). I never pre-mix mine in solution. I just slam the powder (alcar/na-rala) into my mouth full of liquid and swallow. Now that I think about it, its usually a very acidic liquid like OJ or diet Sprite as well. Anyone think this method of taking it is severely limiting bio-availability?

dachshund @ ImmInst.org Has anyone looked into this possibility or have information from published sources on the Na-RALA/ALCAR compatibility, or the stability of Na-RALA in the acidic stomach environment? I contacted Karyn Young at Geronova and she told me that they had not looked into this. Superior Nutraceuticals offers an ALCAR/Na-RALA capsule combo. I wonder if they have they looked into the chemical compatibility of these two supplements? I like Superior Nutraceuticals for their products and purchase Na-RALA, Ascorbate salts and EGCG powders from them.
    To be honest, this has never really been answered and the main producers of ala like Geronova will look the other way for obvious reasons. I'd love some reassurance that I'm not flushing money down the toilet (literally). I'm no chemist but I'm one hell of an informed consumer and I feel like more of us should be. WE are the only ones keeping supplement makers honest. We have to hold them accountable 24/7. They have the burden of demonstrating their products are scientifically sound and I don't think this happens enough in the industry. If everyone were like me there would be a lot less ****ty supplement companies out there passing off garbage.

Dsade, you know anyone that is informed enough to weigh in on this topic? I'm sure others are interested as well. I could ask PA to come peak at it, or is he banned? I'm not sure he would know anyway. I want to make it clear I'm not questioning NP here in any way. These are just valid questions for producers like GeroNova. NP is providing one of the BEST deals possible on likely the best form of bulk ALA we can be taking. Na-RALA is MUCH more bio-available than R-ALA and is very resistant to polymerization.

Anyway, just food for thought for the ALCAR/ALA crowd.
  6. 1HP

Bump, also interested in this.
  7. Senior Member

Sounds interesting
  8. Advanced Member

bump
  9. Banned

is IBE Resv the best oral resv product out there?
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  182 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiyca View Post
    is IBE Resv the best oral resv product out there?
    yes, i believe it has the best greatest oral bioavailability of any resV product
  11. 1HP

Quote Originally Posted by rob561 View Post
    yes, i believe it has the best greatest oral bioavailability of any resV product
    Does this form of Resveratrol avoid it being metabolised into it's metabolites, resveratrol-4'-O-glucuronide, resveratrol 3-O-gucuronide, and resveratrol-3-O-sulfate ?
  12. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by rob561 View Post
    Here is a decent thread on IBE's product on another forum.

Acetylated Resveratrol - ImmInst Forums

A lot of the guys at ImmInst generally have a higher understanding when it comes to some of these things.

From what I gather, acetylated resv could on paper (in theory) increase bioavailability. However, its just theory. There arent any real studies or anything backing it up directly. However, the logic behind it seems sound and there is no reason to doubt it (from what I can see). It's just such a new compound and a resv needs to be studied more. At this point it is mostly just informed, educated speculation by supplement makers. This is the case with MANY new and exotic compounds.

Also found this interesting...

Resveratrol toxicity: Effects on risk factors for atherosclerosis and hepatic oxidative stress in standard and high-fat diets.
    Rocha KK, Souza GA, Ebaid GX, Seiva FR, Cataneo AC, Novelli EL. Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Institute of Biological Sciences, São Paulo State University, UNESP, 18618-000 Botucatu, São Paulo, Brazil.

The beneficial action of moderate wine consumption is increasingly being attributed to resveratrol (trans-3,4',5-trihydroxystilbene). To test the safety of resveratrol use as a dietary supplement, 24 male Wistar rats were initially divided into three groups: (C, n=6) was given standard chow and water; (R, n=6) received standard chow and 6mg/l resveratrol in its drinking water (1mg/kg/day), and (HFD, n=12) received high-fat diet and water. In order to more appropriately study the effects of resveratrol on high-fat diet, after 30 days of treatments, HFD-rats were divided into two subgroups (n=6/group)HFD) remained receiving high-fat diet and water; (HFD-R) given high-fat diet and 6mg/l resveratrol in its drinking water (1mg/kg/day). The total experimental period was 45 days. The resveratrol dose took into account its average concentration in wine, the time variability of wine ingestion, and so of resveratrol consumption in humans. HFD-rats had hyperglycaemia, dyslipidemia, increased serum oxidized-LDL (ox-LDL) and hepatic oxidative stress. Comparing HFD-R and HFD-rats, resveratrol improved lipid profile and glucose level, enhanced superoxide dismutase, thus reducing ox-LDL and hepatic oxidative stress. Resveratrol, in standard-fed-rats reduced glutathione-antioxidant defense system and enhanced hepatic lipid hydroperoxide.

In conclusion, based on the results of this single dose preliminary study with resveratrol in the drinking water of male Wistar rats for 30 days, it may be concluded that resveratrol may have beneficial effects in high-fat diets (e.g. ox-LDL, decreased serum and hepatic oxidative stress), but not in standard-fed diets (effects produced include enhanced hepatic oxidative stress). Further studies are indicated.
  13. Senior Member

AOR Presents:
    R+ Lipoic Acid

Sustained Release!

Active Mitochondrial Enantiomer!

Thats a product for you guys?
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Alpine and all else who could address this: I have been HIV+ for twenty-two years and still in great health (non-detectible, T-Cells at 900 - I don't smoke, drink alcohol, or use recreational drugs outside of legal medical 420 once in a while [two puffs does me]).
    I have taken 6-OXO extreme (5 tablets) a night before bed. And my health has done fabulous with it (my lipid profile went back to normal, I had extra energy, and many who have known me for years told me I looked great). The weight gain I have is mostly in the intestinal area which I feel is mostly swelling/water gain. The swelling went down with working out 4X aweek. Once I was unable to get 6-OXO Extreme (I agree too expensive) and stopped taking it, the swelling came back?
    Second part:
    My Natropathic Doctor knows little about Resveratrol, but now has me taking perscription Levocarnitine (3-carboxy-2(R)-hydroxy-N,N,N-trimethyl-1-propanaminium inner salt)...three (330mg) tablets in the morning and three before I go to bed. Will this drug enhance me taking Resveratrol (bulk) also?
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

I have been infected with HIV for twenty-two years and I am doing great taking one triple combo tablet a night before I go to bed. Problem: I have excessive weight gain in my intestinal area I believe is swelling/water.
    My experience with Resveratrol was most successive taking 6-OXO Extreme, 5 tablets a night before I went to bed and working out 4X a week. The swelling went down, my lipids became normal, I felt GREAT, and many who have known me for years told me I looked GREAT!
    Since the problems Ergopharm's parent company had with lidigation, I have been unable to get 75 cap bottles at a reasonable price (too expensive anyway). So the swelling has come back.
    My Natropathic doctor gave me carnitine tablets (330 mg tablets): 3-carboxy-2(R)-hydroxy-N,N,N-trimethyl-1-prpanaminium, inner salt. I take 990mg in the morning and 990 mg at night with little results alone. I am a great believer in Resveratrol and I would like to take bulk form Resveratrol. Will the carnitine tablets compliment Resveratrol's intake?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. best sustained release protein shake
    By qwerty33 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-10-2009, 10:50 PM
  2. Sustained release r-ALA + ALCAR
    By Alpine in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-12-2008, 12:06 PM
  3. EST - Bio-Pro - Sustained Release Protein - Review
    By Skigazzi in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-21-2007, 09:33 PM
  4. Sustained release K for Clen cycle....
    By mindgames in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2006, 05:58 AM