suspicious nutraplanet.com Advise!!!

adampl2t

adampl2t

Awards
The problem is that I ordered Cycle Support from Nutraplanet. They wanted me to confirm some kind of code from bank but I can't find it. So they asked me to send them my credit card picture with a copy of my identification document, to make sure that I am the card holder. Is it possible to basically empty my card with the data given?

witt51

witt51

Awards
  • Established
weird. i have dropped a ton of money at nutra and never had that happen

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
It is there verification system, they randomly select orders to audit.

adampl2t

adampl2t

Awards
weird. i have dropped a ton of money at nutra and never had that happen

very weird indeed. The money is reserved from my account but not excluded yet. I asked them to release the reservation so I could buy it elsewhere. I don't want the send my ID picture or credit card picture.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've never heard of that... Do you not see your three number code on the back of your card?

adampl2t

adampl2t

Awards
I've never heard of that... Do you not see your three number code on the back of your card?

They wanted me to send the authorization number for the transaction, but I can't find it. I asked the bank and they told me to look the information from internet bank but there is no transaction code as nutraplanet e-mail told me. So they asked a picture of my card and card number and id picture.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
wow never heard of this myself, could very well be a verification but unless your email is a secure email and so is theres either can be accessed and that information (exact copies that someone could alter via photoshop to have their pic) could be used to do whatever they want.... I would cancel the order and then just retry again or go somewhere else... no reason to have to verify that anyways unless they get a stolen alert from a bank IMO...

i just know I wouldnt do it even if its legit

adampl2t

adampl2t

Awards
wow never heard of this myself, could very well be a verification but unless your email is a secure email and so is theres either can be accessed and that information (exact copies that someone could alter via photoshop to have their pic) could be used to do whatever they want.... I would cancel the order and then just retry again or go somewhere else... no reason to have to verify that anyways unless they get a stolen alert from a bank IMO...

i just know I wouldnt do it even if its legit

thanks, I thought this myself. Sent them an e-mail to release the reservation they made from my account.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nothing shady. Actually I referred my mom to buy some stuff from them. Same thing. Her billing address (CC billing address) and her shipping address did not match.

It's actually for your security.

adampl2t

adampl2t

Awards
Nothing shady. Actually I referred my mom to buy some stuff from them. Same thing. Her billing address (CC billing address) and her shipping address did not match.

It's actually for your security.

I know it may be ok and secure but about 3 years ago I lost 3000 euros through a cars selling company because I sent them my id data, even though at that time, my bank told me that it was ok to send it to them. Now I'm very paranoid with every kind of internet transactions.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
overseas fraud is quite common. by your euros referral, I would assume you are from overseas?

This is a security measure, not unrealistic.

adampl2t

adampl2t

Awards
overseas fraud is quite common. by your euros referral, I would assume you are from overseas?

This is a security measure, not unrealistic.

yes, I live in Europe. Yesterday I noticed that the payment was done. So I found one 10 digit number from the transaction information page. Hope this is the one they were asking for and things will work out, because autumn training cycle starts on Monday and I really would like to get the Cycle Support a.s.a.p

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yes, I live in Europe. Yesterday I noticed that the payment was done. So I found one 10 digit number from the transaction information page. Hope this is the one they were asking for and things will work out, because autumn training cycle starts on Monday and I really would like to get the Cycle Support a.s.a.p
For the record, they do this first time only. Next time you use the same payment method, you are already on file and verified.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Glad everything worked out.

If they were going to rip you off which they would NOT. A company already has your credit card info, no reason to ask for a scanned copy of anything.

Nutra Planet has been in business, as far as I know, 7 years. I have personally met just about everyone who works there. GREAT people and I personally stand behind the owner, Sam, 1000 percent!

CROWLER

adampl2t

adampl2t

Awards
Good to know they are good to do business with. Just that alarm bell kicked in when I was asked to send my personal data, because the time I lost quite good amount of money (over 4000 usd) through www.mobile.de started exactly the same way. Glad not all are the same.

Glad everything worked out.

If they were going to rip you off which they would NOT. A company already has your credit card info, no reason to ask for a scanned copy of anything.

Nutra Planet has been in business, as far as I know, 7 years. I have personally met just about everyone who works there. GREAT people and I personally stand behind the owner, Sam, 1000 percent!

CROWLER

adampl2t

adampl2t

Awards
Okay, everything turned out well. Order is in processing status and finally got them the right number. I overreacted, apologies

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Good to know they are good to do business with. Just that alarm bell kicked in when I was asked to send my personal data, because the time I lost quite good amount of money (over 4000 usd) through www.mobile.de started exactly the same way. Glad not all are the same.

That is a lot of money and must have been very troubling.

Glad to hear everything turned out just fine and that you came back to post about it.

:bb3:

CROWLER

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay, everything turned out well. Order is in processing status and finally got them the right number. I overreacted, apologies
Your worries were on good grounds; it is always best to be cautious. I didn`t catch this until now, but the best place to post this thread is in our sub-forum (http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutraplanet/ ) although considering you thought we might be a bit disreputable, I could see why you might not have posted it there lol.

Like already mentioned, this is a first-time only verification for your security, and is often required on overseas accounts. Thank you for your patience and choosing NutraPlanet!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, I missed that myself. I moved this to the NP forum for viewing by future customers who may find the security measures a bit troubling.

Flyboy

Flyboy

Awards
  • Established
I had the same thing, except they never asked for a copy of anything. They just wanted the transaction number...

Took a while and a couple of phone calls to the bank to figure out what it was they wanted, bank didn't have a clue lol.

NutraPlanet CS

NutraPlanet CS

NP Supplement Pimp
Awards
  • Established
As the COO of NutraPlanet, I can personally confirm that this is only a one-time security measure, in order to help avoid credit card fraud. Just as you are afraid of fraudulence, we are here to protect people from fraudulence. In most cases, an easy way for customers to find the transaction ID is by viewing your online banking statement. Usually, it is a 6-digit number. This is ONLY for you and other's protection against fraud and once verified, you will be cleared on every future order that is associated with your personal account.

Thanks for your patience and for choosing NutraPlanet!

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
glad to see everything turned out alright! I understand the legitamacy of the request for the verification number and even the back up of just a scan... my only worry would be sending that scan across an unsecure network or from an unsecure email, like it was stated NP already has your CC number and wouldnt gain from havnig scans as well but youd be giving a hacker something they didnt have before with those scans and thats where Id have a problem... I trust NP undoubtedly as they have erred in my favor a few times and when I offer to make right the overage they say no worries enjoy the extra product.

Id def shop there any and every time... If this happened to me Id prob just pay via pay pal or somthin.

adampl2t

adampl2t

Awards
I had the same thing, except they never asked for a copy of anything. They just wanted the transaction number...

Took a while and a couple of phone calls to the bank to figure out what it was they wanted, bank didn't have a clue lol.

My bank didn't also have a clue what number I was looking for and because the payment was still in "reserved" status, I had no transaction number or any other number. But after the payment was done from my account, the number was where it was supposed to be. Will definitely order some more. I don't know how it's in the states but here, in here in Europe frauds and scams are becoming so often that people tend to get very paranoid. For example on of my schoolmates from high-school days went on a business trip to England and when he came back, he got a 64 000 euro (~100 000 usd) mobile phone bill. He had used bluetooth in England and all data had been stolen at that time. With that data, some kind of virtual operator was set up and in 24h hundreds of calls were made to Ukraine and others East-Europe countries. I hope my doubts didn't offend anybody and as said before, will definitely order more in the future.

TruffleShuffle

Awards
  • Established
I had this aswell the first time i ordered from NP (i am in the UK). I rung my bank, and got straight through to a well-spoken man in Delhi :type:

I just told him that i was purchasing something from the US and had been asked for the verication number as a security measure. I told him the rough amount of the purchase and he pulled it up on his screen and gave me the info i needed. Took all of 3 minutes.

I can also confirm (having just made a second order) that I didnt have to go through this process again. In fact my order from NP shipped out on Friday and arrived here at 10am in the UK on Monday Morning!!! :box::thumbsup::clap2:

It got here sooner than an order i placed the day before (thursday) through a UK supplement site, which arrived 3 hours later in the day.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
All I know is I am currently the victim of Identity Theft....I wouldnt send crap, to anyone. Say the company is legit...like NP, yes.....but not all employees are legit.....Some bozo was using one of my CC numbers.....and trying to get car loans.....

Beware, NP is awesome, but individuals may not.

adampl2t

adampl2t

Awards
Okay, it's official: I live in a country that has the most idiotic laws:rant: The Cycle Support I ordered has been confiscated by the Postal Service because they suspect that I have ordered medicines (ordering medicines through internet is illegal). So now I have to declare to the State Agency of Medicines what exactly have I ordered. It should be taken into account that most of the workers there are complete idiots that have no idea what Nettle root or hawthorn berry means in our language. So I have to get official clearance from the Agency of Medicines and send it to the Postal Service Customs Department and also add the bill and pay the customs fee and VAT and THEN I can...IF I can...give it a go. I think my cycle will be over for that time. Aaarh...complete morons! F*****g Europe with it's idiotic laws

JayJo

Banned
Awards
Okay, it's official: I live in a country that has the most idiotic laws:rant: The Cycle Support I ordered has been confiscated by the Postal Service because they suspect that I have ordered medicines (ordering medicines through internet is illegal). So now I have to declare to the State Agency of Medicines what exactly have I ordered. It should be taken into account that most of the workers there are complete idiots that have no idea what Nettle root or hawthorn berry means in our language. So I have to get official clearance from the Agency of Medicines and send it to the Postal Service Customs Department and also add the bill and pay the customs fee and VAT and THEN I can...IF I can...give it a go. I think my cycle will be over for that time. Aaarh...complete morons! F*****g Europe with it's idiotic laws
You live in Germany, right?
I'm from Germany too and it's hard to get supps from the usa through costums.
PM me, if you need some tips regarding ordering from the us ;).

adampl2t

adampl2t

Awards
You live in Germany, right?
I'm from Germany too and it's hard to get supps from the usa through costums.
PM me, if you need some tips regarding ordering from the us ;).

I live in Estonia, but it seems that be both have similar idiots working in customs:)