Social anxiety supps?

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone have social anxiety or just a general anxiety? Have you found any supps to help take the edge off?

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Anyone have social anxiety or just a general anxiety? Have you found any supps to help take the edge off?
Been dealing with crippling anxiety for the past 12 years.

Benzos do work, but are highly addictive and have a MASSIVE withdrawal.

I have found kratom and phenibut to work. Just don't take them too much(1-3 times a week)

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So far, the only things I've found to help consistently (taken on a daily basis) are ashwagandha and aniracetam. Kava and L-Theanine help some but not nearly as well as the other two. As mentioned previously, phenibut and kratom also work really well on an as-needed (not daily) basis.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ashwagandha I just started so far so good

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Kratom and Aniracetam would be my top 2 options.

If trying the kratom route, just keep dose low. Less is more with it and when you do take your necessary breaks, it will lessen any WD. Also, take Black Seed Oil with it. I get zero WD keeping dose <5g daily and with BSO.

soxbsbll05

soxbsbll05

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Take a look at Bacchus that was just released by Chaos & Pain

buryallrivals

Awards
I take ashwaghanda, make sure you get the KSM66 version, 6-900mg per day, definitely does what it says on the tin!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I take ashwaghanda, make sure you get the KSM66 version, 6-900mg per day, definitely does what it says on the tin!
This. May as well go with KSM-66. It's very easy to find as a standalone, very affordable, and very well proven. Plus it has plenty of other benefits too besides just helping with anxiety.

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
As a supplement, ashwagandha and relora are the two notable ones. However, I suggest you address the underlying "issue" itself first AND use added supplements to aid you (round off the edges) after a transformative day. There are mind expanding techniques you can use to change your habits. A lot of the time social anxiety can manifest itself due to a recessed problem trying to break free or resolve itself.

1. Better sleep. Better quality and a longer duration does more for the human mind that most give it credit for. There is a pool of empirical data to back this up.

2. Meditate. Don't let the stigmatized word itself roll your eyes back. It works. There are different ways you can do this (e.g., sensory deprivation, proctored, listen to the sound of your breathing, etc). Take a look at different techniques and maybe try more than one. It's not a one-size-fits-all kind of thing.

3. Study a new subject that is exciting to you or become more an expert on an existing subject of interest.

4. Better eating habits. This goes without saying but changing your diet to better suit your physiological needs can be life-changing. There is a reason The enteric nervous system can contain up to 500 million neurons. You know that literal "gut" feeling you get when something worries you. Your gut acts a second brain and given the right fuel can have your system operating more efficiently. For me it's a hybrid between Paleo and Keto. For others, it's vegan, gluten free, carnivore, etc. Let your natural cravings (with some conscious consideration) guide you. It knows what it needs. Put your primal instinct back in charge and listen to your body.

Good luck!

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

If trying the kratom route, just keep dose low. Less is more with it and when you do take your necessary breaks, it will lessen any WD. Also, take Black Seed Oil with it. I get zero WD keeping dose <5g daily and with BSO.
What BSO do you use and what's your dosing protocol? I need to pick some up, my next break is coming up and I have skipped the last couple I was supposed to have. Lol

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established

I love Kratom. It's absolutely beneficial for anxiety, depression, ptsd, concentration.

They did studies on Phenibut and Kratom for PTSD and they both had positive outcomes.

With both of these, doses should be kept low yes. And use infrequently like when you are really stressed. 1-3 times a week and take breaks. You will build tolerance rapidly if taken everyday or too much and it will no longer work

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
If you decide on Kratom, you can use different strains for different goals. Green mostly is uplifting where the reds are usually more sedating.

Lower doses are more uplifting in general, mega dosing is kind of a waste you will get really sedated

warriorscode8

warriorscode8

Awards
  • Established
I have suffered anxiety forever, was addicted to benzos for a long time, and these things have helped me at one time or another...
Phenibut
Kratom
Kava

But phenibut and kratom, while working the best, are basically drugs in my opinion. I love phenibut but I'm addicted to it, I have to take it, and it doesn't do much anymore. Kratom withdrawals suck as well. Kava kava is pretty safe, and it definitely works
Other things that supposedly are good are l theanine and gaba.
But honestly the best things for me have been training, and therapy.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have suffered anxiety forever, was addicted to benzos for a long time, and these things have helped me at one time or another...
Phenibut
Kratom
Kava

But phenibut and kratom, while working the best, are basically drugs in my opinion. I love phenibut but I'm addicted to it, I have to take it, and it doesn't do much anymore. Kratom withdrawals suck as well. Kava kava is pretty safe, and it definitely works
Other things that supposedly are good are l theanine and gaba.
But honestly the best things for me have been training, and therapy.
I have heard Kava is similar to benzos, but without the addictive factor and no withdrawals when you stop. It is pretty expensive, though.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have heard Kava is similar to benzos, but without the addictive factor and no withdrawals when you stop. It is pretty expensive, though.
I have not used benzos, but I do find that kava can be pretty useful at reducing stress and anxiety. I prefer standardized extracts, so I can be sure I’m getting enough but not too much, because I know some people take too much (like at kava bars), and get intoxicated from it.

warriorscode8

warriorscode8

Awards
  • Established
It's not quite like benzos. Benzos completely destroy your anxiety, almost too much really where you end up saying whatever you feel lol. But kava is definitely effective

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Social anxiety has always played a large part in my life. I still have some bad days, or weeks to months.
I have been on Klonopin chronically for 14 years. Of course it worked great at first, now I am just on it to avoid the horrific detox/withdrawal process.

Propranolol (beta blocker) is great for acute social anxiety...presentations, meetings etc.
Vicaine, Kratom, and Phenibut are hands down the most effective non Rx products for SA..
Kava was just OK for me..

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Social anxiety has always played a large part in my life. I still have some bad days, or weeks to months.
I have been on Klonopin chronically for 14 years. Of course it worked great at first, now I am just on it to avoid the horrific detox/withdrawal process.

Propranolol (beta blocker) is great for acute social anxiety...presentations, meetings etc.
Vicaine, Kratom, and Phenibut are hands down the most effective non Rx products for SA..
Kava was just OK for me..
I am in the same exact boat as you. Been on klonopin for 7 years... Withdrawn like 10times. Have been prescribed propanolol as well.

And yes phenibut and kratom. Kava did nothing for me either

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am in the same exact boat as you. Been on klonopin for 7 years... Withdrawn like 10times
That is at least 9 times too many!

I basically ran out for a few days...like 6 years ago. I rationed out what I had left until my Rx refill was available...but it was not enough. I literally couldn’t function. I had a few errands to run one day and it was like a bad dream. Basically like an endless panic attack. My GF was able to obtain some for me that night from a friend to get me through until my Rx was filled the next day. I want to try and start a taper at some point, but daily stressors make it hard to find the right time.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
That is at least 9 times too many!

I basically ran out for a few days...like 6 years ago. I rationed out what I had left until my Rx refill was available...but it was not enough. I literally couldn’t function. I had a few errands to run one day and it was like a bad dream. Basically like an endless panic attack. My GF was able to obtain some for me that night from a friend to get me through until my Rx was filled the next day. I want to try and start a taper at some point, but daily stressors make it hard to find the right time.
You may be a lifer on it. I know I will have to take it for the long run. I taper off but my anxiety always comes back

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You may be a lifer on it. I know I will have to take it for the long run. I taper off but my anxiety always comes back
Some people seem to have an easier time than others...I was hoping I might be one of those fortunate people. Honestly, I would love to be off it. After that experience, I know it certainly won’t be an easy process.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Some people seem to have an easier time than others...I was hoping I might be one of those fortunate people. Honestly, I would love to be off it. After that experience, I know it certainly won’t be an easy process.
Not sure based on previous addictions or anything, but I have read of some people microdosing mushrooms to help aid withdrawals, I am not sure if it is specific to a certain drug or not, though.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Not sure based on previous addictions or anything, but I have read of some people microdosing mushrooms to help aid withdrawals, I am not sure if it is specific to a certain drug or not, though.
Well that would certainly be a novel approach :)

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
I've done that for depression after it being suggested by my buddy over and over.

Tried a tiny cap which is idk how many grams, probably .2-.5 or less, and I did notice some relief from my depression. I mentioned this in my other post. It was an experiment, it's weird because when I take enough to trip(which i did once way younger) I feel horrible. Panic attacks and scary ass visuals. Micro dosing was opposite.

I still don't suggest someone to use them, but it seemed to help my depression.

RipdnTxs

Awards
  • Established
I have been in withdrawl for the past four years trying to get off 3mg of Klonopin. I have been hospitalized many times due to body shaking violently and very high BP and heartrate. Im down to .056 Klon. and tried .003 drop and went into full withdrawl and had to go back up to keep my job. Been on LOA from work previous two years. I couldnt drive or leave my house at times and didnt feel human, which is hard to even imagine. I switched to 8mg Valium month and a half ago and feel MUCH better on this, have started working out again a little. Gonna stay at this low dose maybe forever, feel like I lost the four years and im done sitting at home and suffering. I wish U guys the best of luck with another Big Pharma poison for us to deal with, I should have researched it before I started.......

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have been in withdrawl for the past four years trying to get off 3mg of Klonopin. I have been hospitalized many times due to body shaking violently and very high BP and heartrate. Im down to .056 Klon. and tried .003 drop and went into full withdrawl and had to go back up to keep my job. Been on LOA from work previous two years. I couldnt drive or leave my house at times and didnt feel human, which is hard to even imagine. I switched to 8mg Valium month and a half ago and feel MUCH better on this, have started working out again a little. Gonna stay at this low dose maybe forever, feel like I lost the four years and im done sitting at home and suffering. I wish U guys the best of luck with another Big Pharma poison for us to deal with, I should have researched it before I started.......
Wow....thanks for sharing...

I had always pictured transitioning to Valium as one of the first steps due to its long half life (easier to wean). I think it could definitely be worth a try for me. I am going to address this the next time I see my Dr.
While I wish I could turn back time and not be dependent on it...It’s something I just have to accept. It helped me through an extremely difficult time when I was initially prescribed it. Nothing else would have gotten me through that period so it is what it is.

I am on currently on 1.5-2 mg per day. 2mg on work days...1.5mg on off days..

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've done that for depression after it being suggested by my buddy over and over.

Tried a tiny cap which is idk how many grams, probably .2-.5 or less, and I did notice some relief from my depression. I mentioned this in my other post. It was an experiment, it's weird because when I take enough to trip(which i did once way younger) I feel horrible. Panic attacks and scary ass visuals. Micro dosing was opposite.

I still don't suggest someone to use them, but it seemed to help my depression.
Yeah, I believe it is normal to get anxiety or panic attacks on the come up of a full blown trip. Which I could easily see how that would freak you out and quickly change your perspective and cause a bad trip. I am not sure if I'll ever be confident enough to try a full trip because of this.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That sucks, they can definitely be useful but doctors don't understand that they should only be used short term until other medications start to work.

RipdnTxs

Awards
  • Established
Wow....thanks for sharing...

I had always pictured transitioning to Valium as one of the first steps due to its long half life (easier to wean). I think it could definitely be worth a try for me. I am going to address this the next time I see my Dr.
While I wish I could turn back time and not be dependent on it...It’s something I just have to accept. It helped me through an extremely difficult time when I was initially prescribed it. Nothing else would have gotten me through that period so it is what it is.

I am on currently on 1.5-2 mg per day. 2mg on work days...1.5mg on off days..
If U decide to switch from Klonopin to Valium, be very careful with the transition. My DR, just stopped the Klonopin and went directly to Valium. The K will stay in your body for around 50-60 hrs before it clears your body and the Valium takes up to 3-4 weeks to reach peak levels. Sooo, I went in to full withdrawl again and researched this and found out its better to slowly wean on K for the first couple weeks and let the V catch up and calm you back down. So far (7weeks) and again, I am socializing, getting out of house, and feel some of my old self back. I feel for anyone going through this, the full blown withdrawl is really hard to explain unless you have experienced it ....... If I can ever help you or anyone else going through this, hit me up.

RipdnTxs

Awards
  • Established
The only supp that made any difference for me that helped is called Brain Calm, at times this has helped me gently settle down and sleep well and helps with my anxiety.Cant remember the ingredients off hand, its not many. May want to look in to this and give it a try.........

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was on klonapin for 9yrs.. I weaned myself off every two months went down by .05 till I was only taking .25 then I was cutting those.. been off since November of last year.. did dry sauna daily to help detox

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Man, just thinking about withdrawal like that gives me anxiety. I've read about it on other forums and I can't imagine it.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tianeptine has been the best anxiolytic for me because it is non-sedating. Otherwise I like 250mg (1 cap) of phenibut.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Aniracetam is very good for social anxiety.
You have any recommendations on starting dose? Or efficacious dosing range?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You have any recommendations on starting dose? Or efficacious dosing range?
750mg 45-60 min before any specific event.

It acts acutely so you can take it as needed for the anxiolytic effects, speech fluidity, and thought organization benefits. Longer term benefits have shown improvement in memory retain and recall.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
750mg 45-60 min before any specific event.

It acts acutely so you can take it as needed for the anxiolytic effects, speech fluidity, and thought organization benefits. Longer term benefits have shown improvement in memory retain and recall.
Awesome man, thanks. I'll check out examine but how long have you found effects typically last for? And have you noticed a difference in effects from dosing with fat vs on an empty stomach (bc of the fat solubility)?

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For Aniracetam I found best when taken with fat and some choline.

Standup

Banned
Awards
For me phenibut and cbd it's the perfect combo. pheni works strong and right away to kill my anxiety and the cbd gets my mind clear.

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
For me phenibut and cbd it's the perfect combo. pheni works strong and right away to kill my anxiety and the cbd gets my mind clear.
Any undesirable side effects from that combo?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Awesome man, thanks. I'll check out examine but how long have you found effects typically last for? And have you noticed a difference in effects from dosing with fat vs on an empty stomach (bc of the fat solubility)?
No difference to be honest. They used to say that it worked better when taken with a fat source and now have rescinded that and it matches my experience. The only thing to be aware of is that it is one of the racetams that is known to cause headaches if you are low choline and it can help to take with it to avoid. I personally don't get them, but do know others that do if they don't also supplement the choline.

Standup

Banned
Awards
Any undesirable side effects from that combo?
Lets me lower my phenibut dose and still get results so none I can tell. I do go through cbd pretty fast through in higher doses it's surprisingly potent and different from any other mood sup I've used.

Standup

Banned
Awards
My co-worker likes phenibut before social events, we’ll that and tianeptine.

https://seriousnutritionsolutions.com/product/phenibut-xt-caps/

In the past I would take either phenibut or Kratom. I won’t however recommend Kratom.

Both should be used with caution especially if you have addictive traits
I like theirs but I switched to Smart Powders you get 100 caps for a better price. Nutraplanet has SNS phenibut caps pretty cheap though.

https://nutraplanet.com/products/sns-phenibut-xt-capsules-500-mg/

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
Lets me lower my phenibut dose and still get results so none I can tell. I do go through cbd pretty fast through in higher doses it's surprisingly potent and different from any other mood sup I've used.
Any differences in your cognition?

Standup

Banned
Awards
Any differences in your cognition?
From the combo vs each alone hard to say. Both help my focus but I think with CBD it's due to the small amount of THC present. Phenibut strongly effects my mood for sure. I do feel like I think faster on it or maybe I'm just less inhibited when on it.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
From the combo vs each alone hard to say. Both help my focus but I think with CBD it's due to the small amount of THC present. Phenibut strongly effects my mood for sure. I do feel like I think faster on it or maybe I'm just less inhibited when on it.
I use a good amount of cbd daily for stress and pain. At lower doses you should be fine.
IMG_1826.JPG