Alert! New bill SITSA will ban research chems, nootropics, kratom, brain sups

Standup

Banned
Awards
"“6)Schedule A (A)In general The drug or substance—

(i)has—

(I)a chemical structure that is substantially similar to the chemical structure of a controlled substance in schedule I, II, III, IV, or V; and

(II)an actual or predicted stimulant, depressant, or hallucinogenic effect on the central nervous system that is substantially similar to or greater than the stimulant, depressant, or hallucinogenic effect on the central nervous system of a controlled substance in schedule I, II, III, IV, or V"

So anything that is stimulating, relaxing, or possibly psychoactive that works can be made into a schedule drug within 30 days without the normal procedures for drug scheduling that usually involves the FDA and Department of Health and Human Services,. This covers pretty much all brain supplements, nootropics, and research chemicals. With this we will never see a new brain supplement and nearly all can be removed with a whim.

Here's the full bill. Edit links not allowed. But it's pinned in the reddit's subs for nootropics and supplements.

To anyone who values their legal right to access research chemicals, nootropics, brain supplements, kratom, CBD, this is the time to do something. It just cleared the house and the senate is up next after that there is no stopping it.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any timeframe as to when this may pass senate?

DE.6

Awards
Great news
Kratom , Phenibut etc..
users go to doctor and getting drugs legality to support drugs companies
or support the black market marijuana coca etc..
or get be strong and face your life issues

Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Remember folks,big gov't knows what's best for us and will make those choices for us.

:squintfinger:

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Definitely an issue that will have big consequences to those of us that do not believe big pharma should have any control of our lives if passed.

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great news
Kratom , Phenibut etc..
users go to doctor and getting drugs legality to support drugs companies
or support the black market marijuana coca etc..
or get be strong and face your life issues
Kratom is basically a herb, it's not a drug. But I'm sure they can push it through as a drug, raise the price 10x and doctors will prescribe it.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looks like it's already having an effect. Some retailers are starting to close their doors now. Pretty pissed about this.

We'll still likely be able to source from overseas but having domestic expedited shipping and service is so much better.

HUTCHYY56

Awards
Can we just give them back pot in exchange for leaving us alone?

Standup

Banned
Awards
Looks like it's already having an effect. Some retailers are starting to close their doors now. Pretty pissed about this.

We'll still likely be able to source from overseas but having domestic expedited shipping and service is so much better.
I don't see how since it'll all be controlled illegal drugs.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't see how since it'll all be controlled illegal drugs.
Same way people order AAS or prescriptions drugs from overseas.

Prescription drugs, so long as they aren't opiates/etc, pass through customs completely fine too. Nothing illegal about importing small amounts of prescription drugs, even without a prescription.

Fiz

Fiz

Awards

Prescription drugs, so long as they aren't opiates/etc, pass through customs completely fine too. Nothing illegal about importing small amounts of prescription drugs, even without a prescription.
Wait really?

Its not illegal to use the mail to buy prescription drugs from overseas even tho you have no prescription?!??

kl1234

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Received an email this morning from irc. Bio... they are shutting down as well.

Standup

Banned
Awards

All chemicals that are psychoactive can be make illegal within 30 days by the DEA. So all brain supplements, nootropics, and yes prescription drugs can be made into this category. It's no different than GHB legal with a script (but schedule 3) illegal (schedule 1) without one.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
All chemicals that are psychoactive can be make illegal within 30 days by the DEA. So all brain supplements, nootropics, and yes prescription drugs can be made into this category. It's no different than GHB legal with a script (but schedule 3) illegal (schedule 1) without one.
I order certain prescription drugs from overseas all the time and they pass through customs fine. My packages are almost always opened by customs too as they attach a checklist inside typically. I don't quite see why you're grouping GHB in this list. It is NOT the same as aromasin, tianeptine, adrafanil, noopept, etc. It's a schedule 1 drug and considered a date rape drug. It's scheduled VERY differently, as are benzos.... Not the same at all. Nootropics may become scheduled but will never be in the same class as narcotics.

Standup

Banned
Awards
I order certain prescription drugs from overseas all the time and they pass through customs fine. My packages are almost always opened by customs too as they attach a checklist inside typically. I don't quite see why you're grouping GHB in this list. It is NOT the same as aromasin, tianeptine, adrafanil, noopept, etc. It's a schedule 1 drug and considered a date rape drug. It's scheduled VERY differently, as are benzos.... Not the same at all. Nootropics may become scheduled but will never be in the same class as narcotics.
GHB was a natural supplement it's in the brain and related to GABA but can be abused so it was made illegal schedule 1 but also made an FDA approved drug schedule 3. With this new law the DEA can made anything even just with predicted psychoactive effects to be scheduled. This will be used against most nootropics including ones that naturally occur in the brain which is bs. The chemicals in my brain should never be scheduled.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
GHB was a natural supplement it's in the brain and related to GABA but can be abused so it was made illegal schedule 1 but also made an FDA approved drug schedule 3. With this new law the DEA can made anything even just with predicted psychoactive effects to be scheduled. This will be used against most nootropics including ones that naturally occur in the brain which is bs. The chemicals in my brain should never be scheduled.
If that was the case, then caffeine would be scheduled already, but it’s not. Noots will not become schedule 1 narcotics like heroin and coke. GHB is also not naturally in your brain. It massively boosts something that is in your brain (gaba) but it is far from being natural. That’s like saying cocaine is naturally in the brain because it raises dopamine...

Standup

Banned
Awards
If that was the case, then caffeine would be scheduled already, but it’s not. Noots will not become schedule 1 narcotics like heroin and coke. GHB is also not naturally in your brain. It massively boosts something that is in your brain (gaba) but it is far from being natural. That’s like saying cocaine is naturally in the brain because it raises dopamine...
GHB is a natural metabolite of GABA and is in meats, drinks, and in your body. Read up man. It's why it was sold as a supplement in the 90's because it was a supplement. Just too strong and some abused it.

I doubt the DEA would go after caf since the US economy depends on it but kava, brain supplements they don't care about those. No more than sarms or serms.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
GHB is a natural metabolite of GABA and is in meats, drinks, and in your body. Read up man. It's why it was sold as a supplement in the 90's because it was a supplement. Just too strong and some abused it.

I doubt the DEA would go after caf since the US economy depends on it but kava, brain supplements they don't care about those. No more than sarms or serms.
Kratom is (obviously) the primary target here. Kava could be a next step, but I don't really see them caring much at all about "natural" nootropics or "brain supplements." Grey market things maybe, but even things like racetams likely aren't on anyone's radar, at least not significantly.

I also don't see the relevance of GHB here. Natural or otherwise, it's entirely possible for something natural to be scheduled/illegal, like cocaine for example. GHB's use as a date rape drug is clearly problematic. It's one thing for people to abuse a drug themselves, it's another for them to use it to abuse another person against their will, without their knowledge. Major difference from an ethical/moral perspective really.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I also don't see the relevance of GHB here. Natural or otherwise, it's entirely possible for something natural to be scheduled/illegal, like cocaine for example.
Right, exactly. But there's a clear difference between many psychoactive 'natural' substances. Caffeine for one, will never be scheduled. Yet it clearly exerts a psychoactive effect. I don't think the majority of nootropics are in danger, especially since their effects are so subdued in comparison to the slew of legal stimulants out there.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Speaking of G, does anyone here remember the 'supplement' called Neurobalance? lol that stuff was great, but was basically G and didn't last very long on shelves. That's the kinda stuff I can't believe companies get away with or even try to mass produce in the first place.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Kratom is (obviously) the primary target here. Kava could be a next step, but I don't really see them caring much at all about "natural" nootropics or "brain supplements." Grey market things maybe, but even things like racetams likely aren't on anyone's radar, at least not significantly.

I also don't see the relevance of GHB here. Natural or otherwise, it's entirely possible for something natural to be scheduled/illegal, like cocaine for example. GHB's use as a date rape drug is clearly problematic. It's one thing for people to abuse a drug themselves, it's another for them to use it to abuse another person against their will, without their knowledge. Major difference from an ethical/moral perspective really.
I think the issue is that this opens the doors for anything they consider having pschoactive effects and we know the DEA and our govt is not really in the business of doing right by it's citizens if money is involved. Kratom is obviously in grave danger, but as we've seen with piracetam, retailers are going to be leery to carry items because of speculation on what could be.

Standup

Banned
Awards

Obvious? No one can know that purpose of the law aside the writers but we can review it's implications. It states to target opioid acting drugs but was expanded to cover any chemical that acts or is predicted to act like a stim, relaxant, or psychoactive.This law is designed to remove the protection of substance that normally require many agencies not just the DEA and enables the DEA to go after whatever they want.

What a drug may be abused for has little bearing on GHB's value as a supplement or drug for medical use. Same as kratom it helps people and those people who need it should have access. I don't believe the DEA should create a dual schedule for a natural brain chemical. I do see a difference between something that can be found in a plant rather than in my own body. Sure they can control it but not make it impossible for people who benefit from them medically to have access. What's next making genes illegal?

Standup

Banned
Awards
Right, exactly. But there's a clear difference between many psychoactive 'natural' substances. Caffeine for one, will never be scheduled. Yet it clearly exerts a psychoactive effect. I don't think the majority of nootropics are in danger, especially since their effects are so subdued in comparison to the slew of legal stimulants out there.
GHB is something you make every day and consume in foods and drinks. You require it to live and function. I don't get the stigmas people have over what some people choose to do with it in high doses anymore than alcohol.

Standup

Banned
Awards
Speaking of G, does anyone here remember the 'supplement' called Neurobalance? lol that stuff was great, but was basically G and didn't last very long on shelves. That's the kinda stuff I can't believe companies get away with or even try to mass produce in the first place.
Why not? It met the definition of dietary supplement and had alot of research on it's effects on HGH. Alot safer than alcohol at clinically studied doses. Obviously this has nothing to do with overdoses or impure products.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Obvious? No one can know that purpose of the law aside the writers but we can review it's implications. It states to target opioid acting drugs but was expanded to cover any chemical that acts or is predicted to act like a stim, relaxant, or psychoactive.This law is designed to remove the protection of substance that normally require many agencies not just the DEA and enables the DEA to go after whatever they want.

What a drug may be abused for has little bearing on GHB's value as a supplement or drug for medical use. Same as kratom it helps people and those people who need it should have access. I don't believe the DEA should create a dual schedule for a natural brain chemical. I do see a difference between something that can be found in a plant rather than in my own body. Sure they can control it but not make it impossible for people who benefit from them medically to have access. What's next making genes illegal?
Dude, if you were paying even the least bit of attention to what's been going on, it'd be pretty clear that kratom is the big supplement on the law-makers' radar, and they want it gone, but have faced some backlash already, which slowed their progress.

Also, as I've already said, there's a big difference between abusing a drug (using it yourself and getting high), and using it to date rape someone.

Furthermore, simply because something is naturally occurring in the human body doesn't mean that it should be legal, unless you're suggesting overhauling a ton of laws that have been on the books for decades. Testosterone is naturally occurring in the human body, but it's not legal.

What do you mean "making genes illegal?" Can someone use genes to date rape someone?
I think the issue is that this opens the doors for anything they consider having pschoactive effects and we know the DEA and our govt is not really in the business of doing right by it's citizens if money is involved. Kratom is obviously in grave danger, but as we've seen with piracetam, retailers are going to be leery to carry items because of speculation on what could be.
Oh, yeah, it can be used to justify going further to ban things like racetams, but I don't know if that's going to happen soon or not. Who really knows, but kratom is clearly the big target here, so they may just get rid of that with this law and call it a win, for now anyway.
Why not? It met the definition of dietary supplement and had alot of research on it's effects on HGH. Alot safer than alcohol at clinically studied doses. Obviously this has nothing to do with overdoses or impure products.
How does it meet the definition of a dietary supplement? Is testosterone a dietary supplement?
GHB is something you make every day and consume in foods and drinks. You require it to live and function. I don't get the stigmas people have over what some people choose to do with it in high doses anymore than alcohol.
Doesn't mean that it fits the definition of a supplement. Furthermore, while I agree that people can and will abuse anything, there's a MAJOR difference between someone getting high and someone using GHB to date rape someone. If something can so easily be used for sexual crimes/assaults, that's a problem man.

Why are you so adamant about defending GHB man?

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Standup - Phenyethylamine (PEA) and l-dopa are both naturally occurring. Mix those with a potent MAO-B inhibitor (you can find natural sources of this too) and it's a wildly euphoric drug far stronger than cocaine or even ecstasy. My point is that most typical nootropics don't fit into this category. Most nootropics are not even as potent as caffeine, which is a naturally occuring psychoactive drug, yet is fully legal. If you want to fear-monger, so be it. I'm not so worried about the industry as a whole. A few things might disappear.

TheBigBrodie

TheBigBrodie

Awards
  • Established
Why will they be controlling CBD???? It doesn’t even get you high.... it simply relaxes you... and on the side note can aid in treating several physical issues.

Standup

Banned
Awards
Dude, if you were paying even the least bit of attention to what's been going on, it'd be pretty clear that kratom is the big supplement on the law-makers' radar, and they want it gone, but have faced some backlash already, which slowed their progress.

Also, as I've already said, there's a big difference between abusing a drug (using it yourself and getting high), and using it to date rape someone.

Furthermore, simply because something is naturally occurring in the human body doesn't mean that it should be legal, unless you're suggesting overhauling a ton of laws that have been on the books for decades. Testosterone is naturally occurring in the human body, but it's not legal.

What do you mean "making genes illegal?" Can someone use genes to date rape someone?

Oh, yeah, it can be used to justify going further to ban things like racetams, but I don't know if that's going to happen soon or not. Who really knows, but kratom is clearly the big target here, so they may just get rid of that with this law and call it a win, for now anyway.

How does it meet the definition of a dietary supplement? Is testosterone a dietary supplement?

Doesn't mean that it fits the definition of a supplement. Furthermore, while I agree that people can and will abuse anything, there's a MAJOR difference between someone getting high and someone using GHB to date rape someone. If something can so easily be used for sexual crimes/assaults, that's a problem man.

Why are you so adamant about defending GHB man?
If it's something people are deficient in or can treat health conditions it should be legal and accessible for those in need of it. Otherwise you are contributing to their suffering. Morally that's just wrong.

People who let others take away their freedoms and rights are no better than them.

It naturally occurs in meat. Many hormones are considered dietary supplements like DHEA, Melatonin, etc.

Who cares if some people abuse a supplement? It should not mean others who can benefit from it should have their options stripped from them.

I'll defend any natural nutrient that can help people. Seems like you bought into the gov hype about it. I suggest reading up more.

Standup

Banned
Awards
Standup - Phenyethylamine (PEA) and l-dopa are both naturally occurring. Mix those with a potent MAO-B inhibitor (you can find natural sources of this too) and it's a wildly euphoric drug far stronger than cocaine or even ecstasy. My point is that most typical nootropics don't fit into this category. Most nootropics are not even as potent as caffeine, which is a naturally occuring psychoactive drug, yet is fully legal. If you want to fear-monger, so be it. I'm not so worried about the industry as a whole. A few things might disappear.
Mix anything with the wrong chemicals like an idiot and you'll have problems. Doesn't mean they don't have usefulness when used intelligently

Since when it apprising people of relevant risks of new laws fear mongering. I mean if you want to stick your head in the sand instead of your ass by all means but with this law nearly all nootropics can be removed just like they did in Europe. Not being aware of this just makes you delusional ignorant.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If it's something people are deficient in or can treat health conditions it should be legal and accessible for those in need of it. Otherwise you are contributing to their suffering. Morally that's just wrong.

People who let others take away their freedoms and rights are no better than them.

It naturally occurs in meat. Many hormones are considered dietary supplements like DHEA, Melatonin, etc.

Who cares if some people abuse a supplement? It should not mean others who can benefit from it should have their options stripped from them.

I'll defend any natural nutrient that can help people. Seems like you bought into the gov hype about it. I suggest reading up more.
Dude, this again? Why'd you dig up this long-dead horse to beat again?

Melatonin may be a "naturally occuring hormone" like GHB, but melotonin CAN NOT be used as a god damned date rape drug.

I don't give a damn about someone abusing a drug/supplement THEMSELVES; I care about them abusing OTHERS with it. If you want to smoke weed, drink, do crack, heroin, whatever, in the comfort of your home, I'm all for it, but when something has such potential for people to use to abuse OTHER PEOPLE, I'm not sure I want it to be legal OTC for anyone to buy. Surely you can see this distinction and not rely on fallacious analogies. If you can't, I don't know what to tell you...

Cyanide is naturally occurring in apples, should I be able to go to the store and buy powdered cyanide? Ricin is also naturally occurring, should I be able to buy powdered ricin? I don't think so...

Standup

Banned
Awards
Dude, this again? Why'd you dig up this long-dead horse to beat again?

Melatonin may be a "naturally occuring hormone" like GHB, but melotonin CAN NOT be used as a god damned date rape drug.

I don't give a damn about someone abusing a drug/supplement THEMSELVES; I care about them abusing OTHERS with it. If you want to smoke weed, drink, do crack, heroin, whatever, in the comfort of your home, I'm all for it, but when something has such potential for people to use to abuse OTHER PEOPLE, I'm not sure I want it to be legal OTC for anyone to buy. Surely you can see this distinction and not rely on fallacious analogies. If you can't, I don't know what to tell you...

Cyanide is naturally occurring in apples, should I be able to go to the store and buy powdered cyanide? Ricin is also naturally occurring, should I be able to buy powdered ricin? I don't think so...
Alcohol is the most commonly used date rape drug does that mean it's evil **** no it means people are evil and they can use anything to hurt someone if they want to. GHB is an FDA approved drug because it has medical benefits. You seem really stuck on labels as oppose to realizing the benefits it has. Benzos sure can be used to drug people but do you blame the drug or those who use it for that purpose? Seems like in your case it's the former. Why are you so ok with alcohol being otc? It kills more people than alcohol ever did.

Does cyanide have any health benefits or can be use responsibly no. So why even mention it?

TheBigBrodie

TheBigBrodie

Awards
  • Established
Wait really?

Its not illegal to use the mail to buy prescription drugs from overseas even tho you have no prescription?!??
This might be a little late to respond but yes it is illegal to but drugs through the mail without a prescription. BUT to be completely honest custom doesn’t care about someone having 1-2 small vials of test cyp being shipped to there house. They care about the people who are making it or buying 50+ vials for distribution.

Standup

Banned
Awards
This might be a little late to respond but yes it is illegal to but drugs through the mail without a prescription. BUT to be completely honest custom doesn’t care about someone having 1-2 small vials of test cyp being shipped to there house. They care about the people who are making it or buying 50+ vials for distribution.
Anyone can order a 3 month supply with a script. As far as illegal as long as it's not DEA controlled your risk is very low. I've ordered 100's of meds over 20 years and never had a problem.