Nootropics vs add meds vs smart drugs

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Title says it all... At a point in my life where I need to be more productive. What are your experiences w nootropic s like nootropimax vs something like the finils vs a potent rx like adderall... I have limited experience w regular usage of these and looking for feedback.

kl1234

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ve had good luck with modafinil. Seems to be fairly safe to use long term as well. I have tried only tried one of the board sponsor nootropics- but didn’t have much luck. As far as adderall goes- you probably don’t want to go down that path. So if you can get past the price... I’d say modafinil.

kl1234

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I also have good luck with low dose nicotine. I use the lozenges and bite them in half.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ve had good luck with modafinil. Seems to be fairly safe to use long term as well. I have tried only tried one of the board sponsor nootropics- but didn’t have much luck. As far as adderall goes- you probably don’t want to go down that path. So if you can get past the price... I’d say modafinil.
Ok cool... I have only used flmodifinil in vicaine and really had a hard time w it... To be fair it had sunifram in it also. But I took a larger dose as I need a large dose of the tianeptine but I think the stims were too much. When you say you've had luck can you describe your experience?

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
any other experience with these?

kl1234

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Modafinil definitely keeps me energized and more motivated. I have a fairly stressful life(3 kids and a business)- so I constantly feel like I should be getting more accomplished during the day. When I take moda- I get up and go all day long. My mind is less distracted.

Only downsides I have noticed... a bit more agitated, and less hunger.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tons. I have a cabinet full of finils, what would you like to know?
My experienced is limited to flmod. Felt really irritable after 4-5 hrs. Really looking for something that gives good motivation and focus without the short patience/irritability as I work with people.

What's your experience with the finils vs adderall. How would you rank them (finils) and what are the attributes in your opinion.

I have tried nootropimax recently and this was honestly very good for me. Not sure when a step up would be warranted.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Personally, I use “normal nootropics” daily, and save -finils for acute use when I really need to work a long time at something that day. Some nootropics really shine with daily/regular use, so you get those benefits, plus daily energy and focus, and then your extra strength -finils for those days you need to take it to the next level. -finils and things like that are great for wakefulness and productivity, but I find that daily nootropic use is great for daily things like memory, mood, focus, etc. They help with productivity too, but finils are sort of a next level thing, and I’d say save them for no more than a few times a week personally.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Personally, I use “normal nootropics” daily, and save -finils for acute use when I really need to work a long time at something that day. Some nootropics really shine with daily/regular use, so you get those benefits, plus daily energy and focus, and then your extra strength -finils for those days you need to take it to the next level. -finils and things like that are great for wakefulness and productivity, but I find that daily nootropic use is great for daily things like memory, mood, focus, etc. They help with productivity too, but finils are sort of a next level thing, and I’d say save them for no more than a few times a week personally.
I think this is prob the route I will go... Had the samples of nootropimax and used them over a 2-3 week period but really liked it. I tried c+p aggro but it didn't give me the focus/motivation like nootropimax. I'm thinking of going this route and picking up a small batch of one of the finils to try sparingly. Is armodifinil the best one out there?

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My issue with any of the finils I have tried is that they seem to mess with my internal clock, meaning I have issues falling alseep at night even when I take them at 6am. Outside of that I really enjoy the wakefulness aspect, but definitely something I use sparingly.

For me personally the best noot product I have tried is Clear Edge. I usually just dose in the AM 3-4 caps with some sort of stim. This is one of the only nootropic products I have taken long term and continue to enjoy. I took a few weeks off back in December and within 3-4 days I could really notice a difference. It was like my brain was working at half speed.

Also the latest C&P Aggro is not that great, outside of the stim effects I dont notice too much from it either. The previous version was leaps and bounds better

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think this is prob the route I will go... Had the samples of nootropimax and used them over a 2-3 week period but really liked it. I tried c+p aggro but it didn't give me the focus/motivation like nootropimax. I'm thinking of going this route and picking up a small batch of one of the finils to try sparingly. Is armodifinil the best one out there?
Some research does seem to indicate that Armodafinil can be superior to Modafinil, at least for subjects with excessive sleepiness. Some research has noted that they "did not meet the FDA criteria for bioequivalence," so they aren't necessarily "interchangeable." I've only used flmodafinil because it's easier to source here in the US than Moda or Armoda (but getting these can be done too of course), but it's a powder instead of pills, and there is less research/data on it. I think I'd opt for Moda or Armoda if I had easy access to it.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My experienced is limited to flmod. Felt really irritable after 4-5 hrs. Really looking for something that gives good motivation and focus without the short patience/irritability as I work with people.

What's your experience with the finils vs adderall. How would you rank them (finils) and what are the attributes in your opinion.

I have tried nootropimax recently and this was honestly very good for me. Not sure when a step up would be warranted.
Finils in general will cause some irritability, but from an anecdotal standpoint, I find that Modafinil really gets me edgy partly due to how the onset occurs in comparison to Armodafinil. M is very fast and it peaks quickly, generally being felt in 20-30 min and peak occurring in 60-90 min, last 3-4 hours and then tapering down for a total ride of about 6-8 hours. I tend to crash a little and want a nap after. Armodafinil takes longer to come on, generally around 60 min and the peak doesn't come on for about another 60-90 min. It tends to last around the same 3-4 hours, but the come down takes longer and is more gradual so it usually lasts around 8-10 hours and with less of a crash. I really dislike flmod as I feel it seems dirty.

I would not recommend a finil for working with people, tbh. I find them to be too racy and really are somewhat limited in their use, typically reserved for times of concentration and doing something mindless but task oriented. If I know I have a Saturday chore day, I love finils for that purpose. Ear buds in and I get into a zone for 10 hours. Very, very productive, but I certainly don't want to be interacting with people.

Adderall is something I do not do well with. I feel very spaced out, sweaty, and so irritable. Not a good feeling at all and I have a very difficult time the days after. I can't say much about it because I have taken it a handful of times, but avoid it.

Personally, I love, love, love dopaminergic noots/supplements. L-tyrosine is my favorite, but like high salidroside rhodiola as well. Sam-e is great for a nice dopa and seratonin balance. Added Alcar, CoQ10, and situation dependent Aniracetam or Noopept, and I am good to go.

JAS51

JAS51

Awards
  • Established
Armodafinil is similar to modafinil, but it is pure R-modafinil, which is the most active psychoactive compound in modafinil. For me Armodafinil doesn't have the mood elevation I get from modafinil.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That is a common statement from those that take finils. For me, neither give me a mood boost.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That is a common statement from those that take finils. For me, neither give me a mood boost.
It does seem to be more of a productivity-oriented effect, best suited for sitting down and doing lots of work, preferably where lots of interaction and communication with other people isn’t needed.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It does seem to be more of a productivity-oriented effect, best suited for sitting down and doing lots of work, preferably where lots of interaction and communication with other people isn’t needed.
Yep, and interestingly enough, while it does promote wakefulness, it does not create the desire to do any physically demanding activity. It makes you mentally want to tackle these things, but there is a definite physical laziness to it.