Propranolol

Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    That's what I use. The ER is more of a take one in the morning and go on about your day and can be taken every day. The immediate release, you would want to wait until about an hour before you're going to do something that you know will make you anxious.
    I guess I will see how it does and if it makes a noticeable difference I may end up using it daily. Is there any risk of tolerance build up with it?

2. I am just copying this from another thread where I posted it.
    9:00am - wake up
    9:15am - weak cup of coffee
    9:30am - 80mg ER Propranolol
    9:40am - HR 96bpm
    10:30am - exam starts
    12:30pm - exam over
    12:45pm - HR 60bpm

Again, I don’t ever get nervous during exams bevause I tend to do very well even with minimal studying. I did feel focused, slightly calmer, a bit more talkative/confidence boost in conversation, and I felt like I was able to realize my mistakes on calculations and pull information from the back of my mind, meaning it didn’t take me as long to sit there and figure out what I needed to do.

An exam wasn’t the best judge since I’m normally fairly calm, but I did notice a few positives. Also, my heart rate is never that low. Lol
    •   

3. The ER part is interesting. Not really knowing this stuff, I wonder how much different of an effect it has from a peak standpoint.

4. Yeah, I was wondering how it would compare. I have seen some doses up to 160mg so I’m wondering how much of a difference I’d notice doubling it since it is releasing that 80mg throughout the day, rather than 40mg all at once. Or possibly getting instant release to take on top of the ER before the actual event I’m using it for.

These next couple months will give me plenty of opportunities to try it out some more. I have quite a few nerve racking things coming up.

5. Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post
    I guess I will see how it does and if it makes a noticeable difference I may end up using it daily. Is there any risk of tolerance build up with it?
    No, but there is always the possibility of some rebound symptoms if you take it daily and then quit immediately rather than weaning off. If you have general anxiety, I'd give daily a try.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
    •   

6. propranolol is a life saver for the physical symptoms of anxiety. Be careful mixing it with certain stimulants as there is a paradox where in will increase blood pressure even more thus a doctor would never give it to a patient who was suspected of overdosing on coke.

anyways my doctor prescribed it to me last summer and I love it, I usually use 1-2 20mg pills a day. Today i had a practical for PT school and i used 50 mg spaced out a few hours before. This is probably the closest thing to you can get to a benzo but its not even close to a benzo if that makes any sense so if you go searching it for that reason you will be very disappointed. If you have a tachycardia, flushing face, shaking, cracking voice, sweating usually due to social situations, interviews, presentations, this could be just what you need.

7. Today I took the 80mg ER in the morning, then an hour the test, I emptied the capsule, took half of the little beads and chewed them up to get an instant release effect.. bad idea.

First, they tasted terrible. Second, after about 30 minutes I was feeling like I was going to pass out for next 2 hours. I felt awful. I almost used my Albuterol inhaler to see if that would bring me back to life, but decided I should probably not introduce more drugs. Lol

8. Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post
    Today I took the 80mg ER in the morning, then an hour the test, I emptied the capsule, took half of the little beads and chewed them up to get an instant release effect.. bad idea.

First, they tasted terrible. Second, after about 30 minutes I was feeling like I was going to pass out for next 2 hours. I felt awful. I almost used my Albuterol inhaler to see if that would bring me back to life, but decided I should probably not introduce more drugs. Lol
    Jesus man. I hope you never try that again, but glad you're alright.
    ***PES Representative***

9. Not my best idea ever, I’m used to needing the highest dose of things to get benefits. It looks like I’ve finally found something where that’s not necessary, though.

10. Good lord, is there a reason you did that? Isn't the 80mg working for you? If not, maybe try the non ER.

11. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Good lord, is there a reason you did that? Isn't the 80mg working for you? If not, maybe try the non ER.
    The 80mg did work, I read of quite a few people who took additional instant release right before the actual event, and so I tested it and it just made me feel awful lol

12. I took one cap the other morning around 7:00am and drove out of state to meet with a company for a possible future job. I got there around 10:00am. I felt really calm and confident during the meeting. It was really easy to talk and I didn’t seem to have any problems putting my thoughts into actual words.

I even stayed fairly calm and less bothered on the road which is saying a lot considering I had to go to Texas and their drivers are literally the worst.. Lol

But all in all, I finally got to test it out in a situation where I would normally be very nervous and it was awesome.

13. Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post
    I took one cap the other morning around 7:00am and drove out of state to meet with a company for a possible future job. I got there around 10:00am. I felt really calm and confident during the meeting. It was really easy to talk and I didn’t seem to have any problems putting my thoughts into actual words.

I even stayed fairly calm and less bothered on the road which is saying a lot considering I had to go to Texas and their drivers are literally the worst.. Lol

But all in all, I finally got to test it out in a situation where I would normally be very nervous and it was awesome.
    Nice. Glad it worked well for you. Also, as someone who is counting down the days until he gets the @#$% out of Dallas in April, I can attest to the horrible drivers.
    ***PES Representative***

14. I just called my doctor about this! Dealing with some terrible anxiety and more heart-related fun and bisoprolol controls the HR and BP to a certain extent but doesn’t touch anxiety.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Propranolol
    By Juicedeez utz in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-07-2017, 11:01 AM