Best Nootropic For Mood And Happiness

Page 8 of 10 First ... 678910 Last

1. @dsade love the product and the profile is awesome but I have a question. What does isatin do? I've done a ton a research trying to figure that out and I'm not sure. I've only found on study one it that relevant.

Abstract

(Indoledione 2,3) isatin is an endogenous indole found both in mammalian brain and peripheral tissues. Isatin concentration in blood can exceed 1 microM and tissue concentrations vary from < 0.1 to 10 microM. Its level in the brain and periphery is increased by stress. Isatin has a wide spectrum of behavioural and metabolic effects. It is anxiogenic at lower doses and sedative at higher doses. Its most potent known in vitro actions are as an antagonist of atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) function and NO signaling. In this review, we discuss isatin and stress in animal models, the few human studies, and also what it is known to date about the molecular mechanisms of its action. We suggest the possibility that isatin and its analogues may be interesting new pharmacological agents; Isatin antagonists may be anxiolytic, and isatin agonists may activate the HPA axis.

2. Isatin is an MAO-i

Neurotoxicology. 2004 Jan;25(1-2):205-13.
    Comparative study of the effects of isatin, an endogenous MAO-inhibitor, and selegiline on bradykinesia and dopamine levels in a rat model of Parkinson's disease induced by the Japanese encephalitis virus.
    Hamaue N1, Minami M, Terado M, Hirafuji M, Endo T, Machida M, Hiroshige T, Ogata A, Tashiro K, Saito H, Parvez SH.
    Author information
    Abstract

We previously reported that exogenously administered isatin, an endogenous monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor, significantly increased acetylcholine (ACh) and dopamine (DA) levels in the rat striatum. Selegiline [(-)-deprenil] was developed as a MAO-B inhibitor more than 30 years ago and widely used in the treatment of Parkinson's disease. Effects of isatin or selegiline were investigated in Japanese encephalitis virus (JEV)-induced post-encephalitic parkinsonism rats by a pole test for detecting motor activity and by the determination of biogenic amine levels. Motor activity of JEV-induced rats receiving isatin (100 mg/kg per day for 1 week, i.p.) or selegiline (0.2 mg/kg per day for 1 week, i.p.) was significantly improved compared with that of untreated JEV-infected rats. Both isatin and selegiline prevented the decrease in striatal DA levels in JEV-rats. The increased turnover of DA (DOPAC/DA) induced by JEV was significantly inhibited by isatin, but not by selegiline. These results suggested that exogenously administered isatin and selegiline can improve JEV-induced parkinsonism by increasing DA concentrations in the striatum.

PMID:
    DOI:
    10.1016/S0161-813X(03)00100-1

[Indexed for MEDLINE]
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
    •   

3. I've used all of these at different times.

GABA
    Phenibut
    5-HTP
    Tryptophan
    L-Dopa
    Stimulants like DMAA
    Choline (Lecithin)
    Cortisol Blockers
    Fish Oil

I find with my current stress level that morning cortisol lowering plus GABA and 5-HTP does the trick. Plus, this change of season doesn't make things easier.

I will use at different times throughout the day almost all of these to increase focus and attention.
    Nothing I say is medical advice and supplements only enhance and optimize your diet and exercise check with a medical professional before starting any program.
    Try Rise and Swell, the most advanced testosterone booster on the market!
    http://mindandmuscle.net/articles/pr...nd-and-muscle/

4. Quote Originally Posted by ZachH View Post
    Ive been sitting on a bottle for a few months. Just popped my first 4 pills about 1.5 hrs ago! Another 4 going down around 1 or 2 in the afternoon. We will see how my first day goes on it!
    We all still want to hear how it went! I have never tried Clear Edge...

5. Quote Originally Posted by Ricky10 View Post
    We all still want to hear how it went! I have never tried Clear Edge...
    Still trying to figure it out man lol can DEFINITELY tell im taking it. 8 caps a day every day since i posted that and my co worker has asked me multiple times why im so "actuated" and above average performance (im a carpenter) but i dont really put in the conscious effort to be doing anything differently... But for someone else to notice and point it out to me i guess it is making a big difference in the way i do things. Im constantly looking at the "big picture" and thinking of the most efficient way to accomplish my tasks at hand. And then other times at home i dont even intend to have tasks to get done, but i end up getting a million things done that i wouldn't have done before i started taking clear edge. So i guess it gives me an overall acute sense of clarity and motivation, but almost a stimulant like feeling as well. Are there stims in clear edge? Almost get a slightly higher hint of anxiety with this stuff versus just my normal fat burner stimulant supps. (currently taking OL ignite) and backed down the dose of my stims to accomodate for taking clear edge with it since clear edge "gets me going" per say. Excited to see how an entire bottle treats me but like i said you dont really notice the difference until you look back on your day and see how much you accomplished!
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by ZachH View Post
    Still trying to figure it out man lol can DEFINITELY tell im taking it. 8 caps a day every day since i posted that and my co worker has asked me multiple times why im so "actuated" and above average performance (im a carpenter) but i dont really put in the conscious effort to be doing anything differently... But for someone else to notice and point it out to me i guess it is making a big difference in the way i do things. Im constantly looking at the "big picture" and thinking of the most efficient way to accomplish my tasks at hand. And then other times at home i dont even intend to have tasks to get done, but i end up getting a million things done that i wouldn't have done before i started taking clear edge. So i guess it gives me an overall acute sense of clarity and motivation, but almost a stimulant like feeling as well. Are there stims in clear edge? Almost get a slightly higher hint of anxiety with this stuff versus just my normal fat burner stimulant supps. (currently taking OL ignite) and backed down the dose of my stims to accomodate for taking clear edge with it since clear edge "gets me going" per say. Excited to see how an entire bottle treats me but like i said you dont really notice the difference until you look back on your day and see how much you accomplished!
    I know what you mean, these kind of products can be hard to describe, and even identifying how you are feeling in the first place can be difficult. I also find that the nootropic formulas can hit surprisingly hard for people with high a high stim/fat burner tolerance. They are different ingredients that produce stimulant-like effects in the brain through different means, so it does make sense..

I am currently enjoying Vicaine which is kind of in a category of its own, but it certainly has strong nootropic properties and ingredients..

7. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Isatin is an MAO-i

Neurotoxicology. 2004 Jan;25(1-2):205-13.
    Comparative study of the effects of isatin, an endogenous MAO-inhibitor, and selegiline on bradykinesia and dopamine levels in a rat model of Parkinson's disease induced by the Japanese encephalitis virus.
    Hamaue N1, Minami M, Terado M, Hirafuji M, Endo T, Machida M, Hiroshige T, Ogata A, Tashiro K, Saito H, Parvez SH.
    Author information
    Abstract

We previously reported that exogenously administered isatin, an endogenous monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor, significantly increased acetylcholine (ACh) and dopamine (DA) levels in the rat striatum. Selegiline [(-)-deprenil] was developed as a MAO-B inhibitor more than 30 years ago and widely used in the treatment of Parkinson's disease. Effects of isatin or selegiline were investigated in Japanese encephalitis virus (JEV)-induced post-encephalitic parkinsonism rats by a pole test for detecting motor activity and by the determination of biogenic amine levels. Motor activity of JEV-induced rats receiving isatin (100 mg/kg per day for 1 week, i.p.) or selegiline (0.2 mg/kg per day for 1 week, i.p.) was significantly improved compared with that of untreated JEV-infected rats. Both isatin and selegiline prevented the decrease in striatal DA levels in JEV-rats. The increased turnover of DA (DOPAC/DA) induced by JEV was significantly inhibited by isatin, but not by selegiline. These results suggested that exogenously administered isatin and selegiline can improve JEV-induced parkinsonism by increasing DA concentrations in the striatum.

PMID:
    DOI:
    10.1016/S0161-813X(03)00100-1

[Indexed for MEDLINE]
    Thanks that a pretty awesome ingredient then

8. Quote Originally Posted by ZachH View Post
    Excited to see how an entire bottle treats me but like i said you dont really notice the difference until you look back on your day and see how much you accomplished!
    This last part is absolutely my experience with Clear edge. After awhile of taking it you stop noticing the effects until you come off it for 3-4 days and then its like...why am I having a hard processing things lol. I am a desk jockey (engineer) and in my current role I review data and use this to create documents that we must send into the goberment for compliance. So I am constantly going back and forth between 2 monitors and all kinds of files. Without Clear Edge I am legit 2-3x slower at doing my job. I just cant process things as fast, nor jump between tasks as quickly.

9. Omega-3 Fish Oil can be an option.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Derek Wilson View Post
    Omega-3 Fish Oil can be an option.
    Omega 3 should be a staple supplement for everybody anyway. It has a massive range of benefits.

11. Has anyone tried Semax from ceretropic? Seems interesting but would appreciate some first hand accounts of the effects

12. Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat528 View Post
    Has anyone tried Semax from ceretropic? Seems interesting but would appreciate some first hand accounts of the effects
    I have used all 3 of their Semax versions. I put up a review of them on here in the Nootropics section. Basically, I felt it is subtle but effective. I like the NA-Semax the best. It is a bit too pricey to use regularly for me especially since it is subtle IMO. Here is what I got from it:

-better focus
    -Slight better productivity throughout the day
    -Mild refreshed feeling (could have been placebo)

13. Quote Originally Posted by ELROCK View Post
    I have used all 3 of their Semax versions. I put up a review of them on here in the Nootropics section. Basically, I felt it is subtle but effective. I like the NA-Semax the best. It is a bit too pricey to use regularly for me especially since it is subtle IMO. Here is what I got from it:

-better focus
    Hey thanks a bunch man I really appreciate that. I'm sure it's in your review but what doses did you try and how did the effects compare from one to another? Thanks for the insight!!

14. Quote Originally Posted by ELROCK View Post

-better focus
    Someone could get that from a cup of coffee, to be honest. I'm not sure that is going to make it a successful product.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat528 View Post
    Hey thanks a bunch man I really appreciate that. I'm sure it's in your review but what doses did you try and how did the effects compare from one to another? Thanks for the insight!!
    2 sprays in each nostril. Try 1 spray in each nostril first and see how it treats you.

16. Quote Originally Posted by ELROCK View Post
    2 sprays in each nostril. Try 1 spray in each nostril first and see how it treats you.
    Thank you so much man, I'll definitely take your advice. I just really don't respond to the other noots so I figure this is worth a try at least.

17. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Someone could get that from a cup of coffee, to be honest. I'm not sure that is going to make it a successful product.
    Perhaps taking it with coffee would be an interesting experience. Pending any synergy.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat528 View Post
    Thank you so much man, I'll definitely take your advice. I just really don't respond to the other noots so I figure this is worth a try at least.
    Have you tried PRL 8-53 for memory enhancement? It is hands down the best noot for working memory.

19. Quote Originally Posted by ELROCK View Post
    Have you tried PRL 8-53 for memory enhancement? It is hands down the best noot for working memory.
    Can't say I have. Honestly I'm just looking for something to help a tiny bit with social interaction, confidence, mood, and productivity. Any recommendations for that?
  20. Best Nootropic For Mood And Happiness

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat528 View Post
    Can't say I have. Honestly I'm just looking for something to help a tiny bit with social interaction, confidence, mood, and productivity. Any recommendations for that?
    I️ would love to have all that in one product too lol
    1 cap of Vicaine is as close as it comes to meeting all those needs.

PRL-8-53 really only helps with memory and verbal fluency. It stacks well with Semax in my experience.

21. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    LOL...I️ guess you are right. I️ love my coffee and if I️ only had to choose one it would be coffee
    Honestly, it doesnít really feel like coffee though. Semax does seem to enhance cognitive ability and can make tasks seem easier (subjectively). Again, that may have just been placebo...shrug.

I️ do like Semax but itís not something I️ have to have. I️ enjoyed using it but I️ havenít re-ordered it in 8 months so...

22. Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan815 View Post
    Have you tried NootropiMax yet? It gives me a nice clean mood boost. I have handed out a ton at work and everyone enjoys it. We might have some samples available too.
    I new to nootropics and have one type on way but if u still have some samples left, I'd love to give it a try, atleast I'd have something to compare too??

23. Quote Originally Posted by Slims View Post
    Omega 3 should be a staple supplement for everybody anyway. It has a massive range of benefits.
    Yes, you are right.

24. Evlution Nutrition's Focus Mode.
    Stim free/low stim noot with a nice open label.

Name:  Screenshot_2017-11-12-22-41-21-1.png
Views: 56
Size:  117.6 KB

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Slims; 11-12-2017 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Wording

25. Quote Originally Posted by Slims View Post
    Evlution Nutrition's Focus Mode.
    Caffeine free noot with a nice open label.

Name:  Screenshot_2017-11-12-22-41-21-1.png
Views: 56
Size:  117.6 KB

Thoughts?
    Meh. 200mg of 50% Alpha-GPC is only 100mg Alpha-GPC, which is a pretty low dose. 200mg of NALT is also a very small dose, and, IMO, inferior to l-tyrosine. 100mg of 20% PS is only 20mg, which is also a very small dose. Also, does guarana not have caffeine? I️ read that they can have 2-4.5% caffeine, which is only ~10mg caffeine, but this is an extract, so can have more or less. Do that claim caffeine free?
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-26-2015, 09:30 PM
  2. best workout for size and strength?
    By paul3371 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-07-2013, 08:46 PM
  3. Vitamins/Herbal Remedies For Mood And Stress?
    By Wudog in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 01:37 PM
  4. Best Supplement for strength and size(NATURALLY!!)
    By SHaneA655 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-06-2009, 01:33 AM