Recommendations besides Nootropimax

Oriza7

Oriza7

Awards
About to start my bulk cycle at the end of the month. Got my Massmax XT on its way. Coming off a 8 week Oxymax XT and Shift stack. Looking for a solid mood enhancer besides Nootropimax. UNFORTUNATELY, giving up on it. I really wanted it to work. I really did. I have become a big fan of Performax Labs products. Love Oxymax and cant wait to try Massmax and Slinmax. Thought it would be great since all the terrific reviews but it did not work for me. I didn't get any effect on it. Everybody is different of course so Im not bashing Nootropimax in any way. Im sure it works for a lot of people. Not for me however.

I wanted it to work so bad though. lol.. About to finish the bottle in fact. Tried so many different ways of taking it. 1 cap to 2 caps. 3 a day. Empty stomach. In different moods, situations etc. I thought it would be perfect cause I got the bottle exactly when something big was happening to me and my family which would have been great to have extra focus and mood enhancement. I really didn't get neither. In fact, I still have to drink a few cups of coffee to get rid of the head fogs. But I digress.

So Im looking for a good mood/focus enhancer that doesn't have fat burning ingredients. Coming off oxymax and shift so want to give my body a break of those type of ingredients. Also, don't want a fat burner to hinder bulk phase. Any recommendations would be great and appreciated. Tried to look around here but all that keeps popping up have fat burning ingredients. Really don't want to rely on caffeine pills and coffee all the time but don't mind if any recommendations have it. Thanks in advance!

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
BLR's Nootrol is pretty legit. Love it myself. And lots of great feedback so far.

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Have had good experiences with SNS Focus XT, OL Elix3r, and EvoMuse Clear Edge. Also excited to see MANs new noot formula

Oriza7

Oriza7

Awards
Have had good experiences with SNS Focus XT, OL Elix3r, and EvoMuse Clear Edge. Also excited to see MANs new noot formula
Just ordered Focus xt last night. Lol. I was looking for clear edge couldn't find it in stock. Also, isnt elixer a fat burner?

Nootrol will be on my radar. Just afraid it will have the same effect on me as nootropimax did. Plus, want to do some more research on this bf-7. Lol.

Want to check out clear edge also.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
SNS focus XT (regular of caff free if you want non stim) + Noopept XT. great solo or combo for mood and cognitive enhancement

Oriza7

Oriza7

Awards
SNS focus XT (regular of caff free if you want non stim) + Noopept XT. great solo or combo for mood and cognitive enhancement
You tried that combo?! I was thinking about doing that. Now i regret not picking up noopept. Lol. Think i might give it a try if focus isnt enough.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You tried that combo?! I was thinking about doing that. Now i regret not picking up noopept. Lol. Think i might give it a try if focus isnt enough.
Yeah it's a very common stack. I think NP still has pina colada focus for like $13.99 and you can almost always find a good deal on noopept xt.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Def give Nootrol a try.
BF7 has alot of great research and human data indicating it increases memory, learning, reaction times, brain circulation etc etc.
Plus we have several other really solid Nootropic additions such as tyrosol.
Its also important to remember....Nootropics are not Limitless pills.
They work best when your at max capacity already. Meaning if your well hydrated, sleeping 8-10 hrs, eating well etc and add Nootrol the benefits will be better than if your not sleeping well, dehydrated etc.
We did run a public test trial in which we had testers take a battery of tests.
Memory
Reaction times
Learning
IQ
and then take Nootrol for 2 weeks and retest.

100% of testers had increase on all scores. We had increases in IQ of up to 22 points and 1 guy had a nearly 4 fold memory score increase.
The lowest scores came from one tester who wasnt sleeping well and even his scores increased across the board.
You can follow that trial here= http://anabolicminds.com/forum/black-lion-research/286371-nootropic-testing-testers.html
OR
here are some of the trial results

Results from initial test; BEFORE NOOTROL
MemTrax test - 92% correct .865 Mean Reaction Time
Human Benchmark tests
1957 points in Visual Memory
41 on Verbal Memory
Reaction Time of 325.0ms
11 on Number Memory
Psychology Today Memory Test - 81
IQ Test - 105

Results from second test; 2 WEEKS NOOTROL
Test results 11/08
MemTrax test - 96% .737 Mean Reaction Time
Human Benchmark Tests
Visual Memory- 6687
Verbal Memory - 47
Reaction Time - 321.0 ms
Number Memory - 10 digits
Psychology Today Memory Test - 84
IQ Test - 115

Results from 11/21 4 WEEKS NOOTROL.
MemTrax Test 96% .728 Mean Reaction Time
Human Benchmark Tests
Visual Memory - 7243
Verbal Memory - 52
Reaction Time - 304.0 ms
Number Memory - 10 digits
Psychology Today Memory Test - 97
IQ Test - 127

============================== ============================== =======

Human Benchmark
Number memory: 10 digits, 69%
Reaction Time: 239 ms
Verbal Memory: 22 points
Visual Memory: level 7, score 2698

MemTrax: 90%, mean reaction time 0.827 seconds

Psychology Today: 74

Iqtest: 101

------------------------

Human Benchmark
Number memory: 10 digits, 69%
Reaction Time: 205 ms
Verbal Memory: 46 points!
Visual Memory: level 7,
score 6810!

MemTrax: 98%, mean reaction time 0.768 seconds!

Psychology Today: 90
-though I honestly answered these subjective questions both times, the increased score here is likely reflective of an increased confidence in my memory.

Iqtest: 110
============================== ====

Human Benchmark-
Number Memory-You scored 7. You're currently in the top 18 percentile for this test!
Reaction Time-You scored 309.0. You're currently in the top 32 percentile for this test!
Verbal Memory-You're currently in the top 17 percentile for this test!
Visual Memory-You scored 5631. You're currently in the top 21 percentile for this test!

Metrax- Mean Reaction Time: 0.979 seconds

Psychology Today- I got 50

IQ Test- 100 IQ(this was so hard in the middle)

------------------------------

Human Benchmark-
Number Memory- You scored 7. You're currently in the top 18 percentile for this test!
Visual Memory- You scored 17723. You're currently in the top 75 percentile for this test!
Reaction Time- You scored 300.0. You're currently in the top 36 percentile for this test!
Verbal Memory- You scored 32. You're currently in the top 42 percentile for this test!

Metrax- Mean Reaction Time:0.925 seconds 86% correct

Psychology Today- 79

IQ Test- 106

============================== =====================

Pre "Treatment" Test Results:

1. Human Benchmark Tests
a. Number Memory: Level 9 (50%)
b. Reaction Time: Avg - 358 ms (19%)
c. Verbal Memory: 44 points (70%)
d. Visual Memory: Level 8, 8799 points (41%)
2. Mem Trax Test: 92% correct - 0.856 mean reaction time
3. Psychology Today Memory Test: 73
4. General IQ Test: 108 -> finished with approximately 9 minutes left (out of 40).

-------------------------

After two weeks on mystery BLR noot at 1 cap bid:
1. Human Benchmark Tests:
a. Number Memory: Level 10 (69%); +1 Level
b. Reaction Time: Avg of 337 ms (24%); Improvement of 21 ms
c. Verbal Memory: 129 points (98%); improvement of 85 points....
d. Visual Memory: Level 10, Score of 12,873 (59%); +2 levels, 4074 points
2. Memtrax: 96% correct, 0.668 second rxn time; +4% and 0.188 seconds
3. Psychology Today Subjective Memory Questionnaire: Score of 79, 6 point improvement
4. General IQ Test: 126; +18 points -> I forgot to look at how much time was left when I completed it. But, I would guess it was in the 10-15 minute range.

Oriza7

Oriza7

Awards
Very interesting, Brundel. Thanks. Definitely have to give it a try. I would say everything is on point except for sleeping a good amount of hours. I workout rather late and have two young kids. Good sleep is tough for me.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Very interesting, Brundel. Thanks. Definitely have to give it a try. I would say everything is on point except for sleeping a good amount of hours. I workout rather late and have two young kids. Good sleep is tough for me.
Since you're not getting a ton of sleep, perhaps think about taking some glycine and/or L-Ornithine HCL before bed. They both have research showing that they can improve sleep quality, which could help you get the most out of your sleep, even if you can't as much sleep as you probably should, haha. Neither of them are expensive at all, and are pretty easy to find. I find them better than some crazy expensive sleep formula that focus on knocking you out and/or claims to help you "build muscle while you sleep." Not that there anything wrong with those products, but for what you're describing, you'd be better off spending a few dollars a month on one or two standalone proven ingredients.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Since you're not getting a ton of sleep, perhaps think about taking some glycine and/or L-Ornithine HCL before bed. They both have research showing that they can improve sleep quality, which could help you get the most out of your sleep, even if you can't as much sleep as you probably should, haha. Neither of them are expensive at all, and are pretty easy to find. I find them better than some crazy expensive sleep formula that focus on knocking you out and/or claims to help you "build muscle while you sleep." Not that there anything wrong with those products, but for what you're describing, you'd be better off spending a few dollars a month on one or two standalone proven ingredients.
How much glycine do you take. I have that in bulk.

Oriza7

Oriza7

Awards
Its responses like this that make me absolutely love this site.
Thanks for the suggestions muscle. I will definitely look into that. I have tried melatonin in the pass but it made me feel like a zombie when woke up. Hated that stuff.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Its responses like this that make me absolutely love this site.
Thanks for the suggestions muscle. I will definitely look into that. I have tried melatonin in the pass but it made me feel like a zombie when woke up. Hated that stuff.
Thanks man, I'm happy to help. You should be able to find them for ~$6/month, and you don't have to spend a ton of money buying in crazy bulk either. Let me know if you have any questions about them.