What is the best "racetam" powder to buy as far as acute benefits?

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm not against over time but I'm looking more for something pre-workout or if I need something at work, etc.

Out of these 7, which one would you go with?

Aniracetam

Coluracetam

Fasoracetam

Oxiracetam

Phenylpiracetam

Piracetam

Pramiracetam

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Honestly, the only one I would use pre-workout is phenylpiracetam.

Coluracetam would be my choice for something to use at work. Oxiracetam could also work well here, but I haven't tried that one yet.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established

Coluracetam would be my choice for something to use at work. Oxiracetam could also work well here, but I haven't tried that one yet.
Yep. Phenylpiracetam for the preworkout option. Would only use it like two times a week a though.

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yep. Phenylpiracetam for the preworkout option. Would only use it like two times a week a though.
Tolerance buildup like DMAA or addictive?

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I agree with this.
I think aniracetam would work too.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Tolerance buildup like DMAA or addictive?
The tolerance for phenylpiracetam builds as fast as 3 consecutive days and you no longer feel the effects. Space it out by a few days and you are fine. Taking it 2 days a week would work best.

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

This man right here hit the nail on the head. Started using phenylpiracetam a few months ago and have had an awesome experience, but as others have mentioned just use 2 times a week, sometimes I stretch it and add it a 3rd time but fairly rare I do this. Between 100mg -150mg does the job for me, but I have seen others dosing in 250mg range. I try to follow a one day on, two day off dosing pattern. I will mention that a dose of phenylpiracetam plus a serving of Conquer Unleashed has provided some of the best focus I have expereinced in a long time.

I will say that I want to/plan on trying either Oxiracetam or Unifiram next or maybe both.

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Picked up some Aniracetam the other week, have not tried it yet. Anyone have any experience with it? Seems most do 750mg 2x daily

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ask away, what do you want to know about aniracetam? I have a lot of experience with it and it is by far my favorite racetam.

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ask away, what do you want to know about aniracetam? I have a lot of experience with it and it is by far my favorite racetam.
Just curious of overall experiences. Dosage, what you combined it with if anything, how many times you used it a week?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just curious of overall experiences. Dosage, what you combined it with if anything, how many times you used it a week?
I take it primarily for it's strong anxiolytic effects and now use it "as needed" as it can be taken and felt within 45-60 min. It is, IMO, the strongest anxiety supplement you can take outside of kratom. Another amazing attribute is the improvement to speech fluidity and thought compartmentalization. It is my go to for public speaking and allows you to keep thoughts in order and available so you aren't "searching" for your thoughts while speaking. For that reason it is great in social situations if you deal with any SA.

750mg prior to an event is great, or if you happen to need to always be on, then 750 x 2 works well. 750 am and 750 pm.

It needs to be taken with food, preferably with a fat source. In addition, you may experience headaches if you don't supplement a choline source, but that is not everyone's experience. I happen to get them, so I supplement Alpha GPC with it.

Effects kick in 45-60 min after taking and will last 4-6 hours. You won't "feel" it, but it will be apparent when in situations that were previously difficult to deal with ie. public speaking, social events, times of recall, etc..

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I take it primarily for it's strong anxiolytic effects and now use it "as needed" as it can be taken and felt within 45-60 min. It is, IMO, the strongest anxiety supplement you can take outside of kratom. Another amazing attribute is the improvement to speech fluidity and thought compartmentalization. It is my go to for public speaking and allows you to keep thoughts in order and available so you aren't "searching" for your thoughts while speaking. For that reason it is great in social situations if you deal with any SA.

750mg prior to an event is great, or if you happen to need to always be on, then 750 x 2 works well. 750 am and 750 pm.

It needs to be taken with food, preferably with a fat source. In addition, you may experience headaches if you don't supplement a choline source, but that is not everyone's experience. I happen to get them, so I supplement Alpha GPC with it.

Effects kick in 45-60 min after taking and will last 4-6 hours. You won't "feel" it, but it will be apparent when in situations that were previously difficult to deal with ie. public speaking, social events, times of recall, etc..
Dang man awesome post, good info for sure. I read about this on reddit a bit before purchasing and was seeing some mixed reviews but decided to pull the trigger anyway.
Very good to know about the anxiety portion of this as I suffer from time to time. Doesnt happen very often but when it does it totally zaps me, I will try this next time to see if lessens or shortens my anxiety bouts.

Regarding the speech fluidity this sounds like something right up my alley. My brain tends to move faster than my mouth so I find myself in the "searching" scenerios quite often when in meetings or presenting materials. If anir can help with this I am really geeked up. I hate the fact that while I am knowelegable on a subject I appear to be dumbfounded as I lose my train of thought. IMO nothing lose worse during a presentation.

Thanks again for posting all this...I love to learn about this stuff from all you guys, noots real peaked my intrests lately

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What dosage is good.
I have seen recommendations range from 100mg up to 250mg. I would say start on the lower end and work your way up as needed. 100mg -150mg preworkout has always worked good for me. If you start using more than 1-2x a week you will need to increase dosage to get the same effects also.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dang man awesome post, good info for sure. I read about this on reddit a bit before purchasing and was seeing some mixed reviews but decided to pull the trigger anyway.
Very good to know about the anxiety portion of this as I suffer from time to time. Doesnt happen very often but when it does it totally zaps me, I will try this next time to see if lessens or shortens my anxiety bouts.

Regarding the speech fluidity this sounds like something right up my alley. My brain tends to move faster than my mouth so I find myself in the "searching" scenerios quite often when in meetings or presenting materials. If anir can help with this I am really geeked up. I hate the fact that while I am knowelegable on a subject I appear to be dumbfounded as I lose my train of thought. IMO nothing lose worse during a presentation.

Thanks again for posting all this...I love to learn about this stuff from all you guys, noots real peaked my intrests lately
My pleasure. I routinely have to speak in front of executives and present to groups of people on subjects that I had only a few hours to prep for, so it is huge for me.

One other thing, for memory and anxiety benefits, pregnenolone is from the heavens. A preg, ani, choline stack has had me in situations where I almost paused because I could not figure out where the hell some of the words I was using were coming from. They just flowed and all I could think of was that I read them at some point and they just came to the forefront of my thoughts mid-sentence.

I swear this is the truth and I've posted it before. I've delivered presentations and when I left, immediately looked up some of the words I used to make certain they were used correctly and in context. I attribute my rise in the corporate world partly due to these supplements and the benefits offered when in high pressure situations.

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
Great information in this thread. If I had to pick just one that would work best for both preworkout and work days it would be oxiracetam. I must mention though that the combination of aniracetam and oxiracetam is the business.

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
Great information in this thread. If I had to pick just one that would work best for both preworkout and work days it would be oxiracetam. I must mention though that the combination of aniracetam and oxiracetam is the business.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Aniracetam is great for studying

1500mg, with fish oil, vitamin D (oil) or fats and some stims and you're good to go. I find it does cause anxiety after longer periods though

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My pleasure. I routinely have to speak in front of executives and present to groups of people on subjects that I had only a few hours to prep for, so it is huge for me.

One other thing, for memory and anxiety benefits, pregnenolone is from the heavens. A preg, ani, choline stack has had me in situations where I almost paused because I could not figure out where the hell some of the words I was using were coming from. They just flowed and all I could think of was that I read them at some point and they just came to the forefront of my thoughts mid-sentence.

I swear this is the truth and I've posted it before. I've delivered presentations and when I left, immediately looked up some of the words I used to make certain they were used correctly and in context. I attribute my rise in the corporate world partly due to these supplements and the benefits offered when in high pressure situations.
never even heard of pregnenolone, will be doing some research thanks for the info! So many noots to try so little time

I was thinking of picking up some oxiracetam, glad to hear you enjoy it. I was on the fence between oxi and aniracetam and decided to go with ani on my last order.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Aniracetam is great for studying

1500mg, with fish oil, vitamin D (oil) or fats and some stims and you're good to go. I find it does cause anxiety after longer periods though
That is very odd as it is an anxiolytic and is prescribed in parts of Europe for this reason. I would venture to say it is something else that is causing this if you experience it.

Trying not to question, but are you sure you are taking aniracetam? It really is not a study racetam and doesn't help with retention of information, but maybe the calming effect is helping.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
never even heard of pregnenolone, will be doing some research thanks for the info! So many noots to try so little time
Pregnenolone (from cholesterol) is where all hormones begin and then heads down the tree. So it is actually a hormone and not a noot, but can be fit within the group as it has been shown to have very strong benefits to memory and mood.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
That is very odd as it is an anxiolytic and is prescribed in parts of Europe for this reason. I would venture to say it is something else that is causing this if you experience it.

Trying not to question, but are you sure you are taking aniracetam? It really is not a study racetam and doesn't help with retention of information, but maybe the calming effect is helping.
I only tested it for a month or so. But I felt a little bit of anxiety by the end of it but during the first 2-3 weeks, anxiety was gone

Yes. It's from a repeatable company and tried two different ones. All noots can help with study! Aniracetam helps my mind calm which enables me to concentrate easier

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established

I respectfully disagree that it isn't a study racetam! Almost none of them have legitimate human studies proving study efficacy or memory improvement in normal individuals at least. I'll agree that it isn't most people's first choice for studying, but I will say the synergistic effect between ani and oxi I get is much greater than either by themselves.

Allows enjoy reading your posts, a fellow nootropic lover!