NooTropics under attack - FDA

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. NooTropics under attack - FDA


    We know that the FDA was going after nootropics previously, but now it's full scale..with retailers products being seized..merchant accounts to process credit card payments being shut down and ebay and amazon taking them off the marketplace

    But what pharmaceutical company is behind all of this?

    Was BSL raid and seizure of Dust Extreme actually regarding the fact the product has Noopept in it? Not DMAA?


    Spidey Senses and recent experiences suggest that the FDA/Gov't is now full scale against Nootropics
    (Noopept, Adrafinil, PhenylPricetam, Phenibut top off the list)



    "After reviewing your account, we've had to take the following action:
    - Some or all of your listings may have been removed. A list of any removed items will be listed further down in this email.
    - We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).
    You listed a nootropic drug which is not permissible for sale on eBay as it is identified as a prescription drug in some countries. Due to this restriction in availability, we do not allow this product for sale on our site, regardless of whether or not it is being shipped internationally. While we appreciate that you chose to utilize our site, we must ask that you please not relist in this case."

    Name:  spideysenses.png
Views: 741
Size:  448.2 KB
    Lightweight Sponsored Bodybuilder/Strongman Competitor- Iron Mag Labs "WES15" for 15% off
    Iron Mag Labs=- www.ironmaglabs.com /Iron Mag Research- www.ironmagresearch.com / "WES20" for 20% off at MA Labs- www.masupps.com


  2. wtf nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooo
    •   
       


  3. My guess is if your a company selling a product that has a synthetic drug in it your at risk.
    Most if not all of these things are either strictly synthetic, unapproved drugs, and or do not qualify as a dietary supplement by any standard.
    They are going after them but its not a huge surprise. Any company with Noopept, or a racetam or a synthetic stim in them are willingly taking a risk.

    Seeing companies getting raided should be a wake up call.
    This is why our new Noot only has natural ingredients. And why all of our new products have only natural ingredients.
    Seems like a bad idea to me to spend all this time and money on a product only to have it bring the cops to your place to take it and whatever else they like followed by law suits and potential prison time.

    Im a in full support of any human having the right to do whatever the f they want. But this just isnt reality.
    BLACK LION RESEARCH
    Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.
    -Steve Jobs

  4. Is there a link to this because I cannot find any information on a crack down coming on noots.
    •   
       


  5. Resurgence used to have Noopept in it as well. I would imagine BSL sill had some of the product with Noopept still sitting around?

    I haven't looked at one of the labels in a while so I do not know when it was reformulated but REL's Onward used to have Noopept in it as well and it seems it has been reformulated.

    It looks as if the MFG's may have seen this coming.

  6. The ban on Amazon and ebay is old. They pulled noots years ago, so unless this is actually relevant now and someone can post links to the pending bans or crack down, what does it matter?

  7. Someone point me to current information of the FDA sending letters, or anything related to Noopept and Huperzine A.
    BLACK LION RESEARCH
    I am an ambassador of being healthy; fit, and smart.
    15% code: MARK15

  8. I asked first. Lol

  9. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    The ban on Amazon and ebay is old.
    Exactly

    Quote Originally Posted by justhere4comm View Post
    Someone point me to current information of the FDA sending letters, or anything related to Noopept and Huperzine A.
    I would like to see it to but IMO it dont exist.

  10. I posted this in another Noot thread, but i thought I would add it to this thread as well.

    FYI, just found out PC and affiliated sister sites are going out of business. Most likely it was due to this: http://setexasrecord.com/stories/511...to-son-s-death

    This might be one of the reasons for the increasing scrutiny of Noots. It's a shame this had to happen cause PC had a very transparent QC process. I will miss them.

  11. Powder City is closing down this week.

    They are also being sued over Tianeptine that was purchased from them, a kid died and they are attempting to find fault.

    This one can be googled guys.

    Talk to TGB, So Cal or myself..we are retailers. Ask around and you will see that what I am saying is true.

    Not everything can be found online, communication is key.
    Lightweight Sponsored Bodybuilder/Strongman Competitor- Iron Mag Labs "WES15" for 15% off
    Iron Mag Labs=- www.ironmaglabs.com /Iron Mag Research- www.ironmagresearch.com / "WES20" for 20% off at MA Labs- www.masupps.com

  12. Yes, we are aware of PC. Still doesn't answer the original post and where the info is coming from.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Yes, we are aware of PC. Still doesn't answer the original post and where the info is coming from.
    That suspension that I noted, came directly from me, my Ebay store.

    I also have had my Paypal Merchant account suspended last year for carrying Nootropics.
    I have plenty of documentation over the last year to show you what I am saying is true.

    Like I said, ask some of the other retailers. They will tell you the same thing. TGB, SoCal, SDFT..

    It is very common info to retailers that I wanted to share.
    Lightweight Sponsored Bodybuilder/Strongman Competitor- Iron Mag Labs "WES15" for 15% off
    Iron Mag Labs=- www.ironmaglabs.com /Iron Mag Research- www.ironmagresearch.com / "WES20" for 20% off at MA Labs- www.masupps.com

  14. That's not the FDA it's specific company policies. Help me out here. You can't sell them on your own site?
    BLACK LION RESEARCH
    I am an ambassador of being healthy; fit, and smart.
    15% code: MARK15

  15. Quote Originally Posted by justhere4comm View Post
    That's not the FDA it's specific company policies. Help me out here. You can't sell them on your own site?
    This is what I was wondering. There's a difference between the FDA cracking down and companies like ebay and paypal not wanting to deal with headaches that can come from grey areas.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    This is what I was wondering. There's a difference between the FDA cracking down and companies like ebay and paypal not wanting to deal with headaches that can come from grey areas.
    Well what I was told by Ebay, Paypal, and Amazon was that they were being directed by Gov't Policy in regards to their "policies"

    The issue being that when all of these companies go by Policy, they basically get to make it up as they go. For example, no where listed is Nootropics, caffeine, higenamine, glutamine, etc, etc

    I am simply naming off compounds. Their policies don't specifically name ingredients, products, or brands. It is simply a broad policy, "You violated our Policy"...but they dont' have to name anything..so if they want..shampoo is banned...Qtips..you name it..and you only find out after they suspend you and in some cases try to seize your money.

    This allows them to do everything and anything they want. For example I was selling a product called MORMON TEA (aka ephedra nevandensis). This is an herb that grows in Nevada, Utah, etc..

    They shut me down, saying I was selling "EPHEDRA/EPHEDRINE"

    This is very clearly not anything remotely close to ephedrine..there are no alkaloids in it. So long story short, after a long ridiculous amount of communications I was able to show the AUP dept, evidence that they were wrong and that one time they overturned this decision.

    They are absolutely influenced by the FDA.

    Does anyone here doubt this is possible?
    Lightweight Sponsored Bodybuilder/Strongman Competitor- Iron Mag Labs "WES15" for 15% off
    Iron Mag Labs=- www.ironmaglabs.com /Iron Mag Research- www.ironmagresearch.com / "WES20" for 20% off at MA Labs- www.masupps.com

  17. I'm no attorney, but this smacks of nonsensical tattle tale tactics by competing companies or the following to be considered.

    It shows me those companies have no backbone, and are giving in to some kind of unofficial influence. If they have proof of some kind of correspondence with the FDA, let them show it, or show up in court. Why doesn't anyone sue EBAY, PayPal, or Amazon?

    If they cannot specifically site the legality being infringed upon, they have no rights to your accounts and actions taken.
    You can actually buy SARMS in capped form on Amazon. I've seen them as recently as a few weeks ago. Old stock from various sellers. Have a look, yet they are virtually kicking in doors of those selling Nootropics...
    BLACK LION RESEARCH
    I am an ambassador of being healthy; fit, and smart.
    15% code: MARK15

  18. Quote Originally Posted by justhere4comm View Post

    Have a look, yet they are virtually kicking in doors of those selling Nootropics...
    Not just virtually guys. Physically. This is really happening. Hard to fathom, right?

    And the attack on Nootropics continues...

    Now it is on to raiding homes...

    Federal Agents at the home address of awakebrain.com

    THOUGHTS?

    HERMITAGE, Pa. -
    Neighbors of a usually quiet Mercer County neighborhood woke up to the presence of federal agents on their street early Tuesday.
    21 News spoke with residents on the 4900 block of Lakeview Drive, who say agents and Hermitage police arrived around 5:00 a.m. at the home owned by Emil and Maria Koledin.
    According to county election records, Maria Koledin sits on the Hermitage Board of Commissioners.
    Hermitage Police Chief Eric Jewell said he did not know what agents were looking for, but says investigators from the Food and Drug Administration were involved in the search.
    State records list the home as the address of the internet company known as awakebrain.com, operated by Koledin Enterprises.
    According to the website, “At AwakeBrain.com we search the world to find the very best safe, legal Nootropics and performance enhancement products.”
    The company's website also says that nootropics are also referred to as smart drugs, memory enhancers, neuro enhancers, cognitive enhancers, and intelligence enhancers, are drugs, supplements, nutraceuticals, and functional foods.
    The company claims that nootropics improve aspects of mental function, such as working memory, motivation, and attention.
    According to the Food and Drug Administration's website, the agency says it is responsible for protecting the public health by ensuring the safety, effectiveness, and security of human and veterinary drugs, biological products, and medical devices, as well as ensures the safety of the nation's food supply, cosmetics, and products that emit radiation.
    21 News has contacted the FDA and the U.S. Attorney to inquire about the nature of Tuesday's search. Representatives from both offices say they have a policy not to discuss possible or ongoing investigations.

    http://www.wfmj.com//story/34687774/...yz4kic.twitter
    Lightweight Sponsored Bodybuilder/Strongman Competitor- Iron Mag Labs "WES15" for 15% off
    Iron Mag Labs=- www.ironmaglabs.com /Iron Mag Research- www.ironmagresearch.com / "WES20" for 20% off at MA Labs- www.masupps.com

  19. Quote Originally Posted by WesleyInman View Post
    Not just virtually guys. Physically. This is really happening. Hard to fathom, right?

    And the attack on Nootropics continues...

    Now it is on to raiding homes...

    Federal Agents at the home address of awakebrain.com

    THOUGHTS?

    HERMITAGE, Pa. -
    Neighbors of a usually quiet Mercer County neighborhood woke up to the presence of federal agents on their street early Tuesday.
    21 News spoke with residents on the 4900 block of Lakeview Drive, who say agents and Hermitage police arrived around 5:00 a.m. at the home owned by Emil and Maria Koledin.
    According to county election records, Maria Koledin sits on the Hermitage Board of Commissioners.
    Hermitage Police Chief Eric Jewell said he did not know what agents were looking for, but says investigators from the Food and Drug Administration were involved in the search.
    State records list the home as the address of the internet company known as awakebrain.com, operated by Koledin Enterprises.
    According to the website, “At AwakeBrain.com we search the world to find the very best safe, legal Nootropics and performance enhancement products.”
    The company's website also says that nootropics are also referred to as smart drugs, memory enhancers, neuro enhancers, cognitive enhancers, and intelligence enhancers, are drugs, supplements, nutraceuticals, and functional foods.
    The company claims that nootropics improve aspects of mental function, such as working memory, motivation, and attention.
    According to the Food and Drug Administration's website, the agency says it is responsible for protecting the public health by ensuring the safety, effectiveness, and security of human and veterinary drugs, biological products, and medical devices, as well as ensures the safety of the nation's food supply, cosmetics, and products that emit radiation.
    21 News has contacted the FDA and the U.S. Attorney to inquire about the nature of Tuesday's search. Representatives from both offices say they have a policy not to discuss possible or ongoing investigations.

    http://www.wfmj.com//story/34687774/...yz4kic.twitter
    How is this an attack on nootropics? If you have more than this article has, please post
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  20. Several places online have people saying they bought modafinil from awakebrain, so maybe it has something to do with that.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  21. They were selling actual Russian pharmaceuticals. For human consumption.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by JohnP. View Post
    They were selling actual Russian pharmaceuticals. For human consumption.
    Well fukk that will do it lol. These noot sites keep selling this type of stuff and it draws bad press to all of them. If Powder City did not sell tianeptine they would most likely still be open today

  23. Quote Originally Posted by carguy123 View Post
    Well fukk that will do it lol. These noot sites keep selling this type of stuff and it draws bad press to all of them. If Powder City did not sell tianeptine they would most likely still be open today
    I spoke to my friend on FB. Credit card processors are coming down hard because of sites mixing peptides with other noots.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by JohnP. View Post
    I spoke to my friend on FB. Credit card processors are coming down hard because of sites mixing peptides with other noots.
    Yeah that seems to be another big issue and I know PC had similar struggles last year I believe. But there are ways around that too
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. 74 Supplement Companies Under Attack
    By ctAL in forum Supplements
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-20-2009, 08:41 PM
  2. BOS is under a denial of service attack!
    By jjohn in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-19-2009, 05:29 PM
  3. DHEA under attack on the Hill.
    By AnonyMoose in forum Supplements
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-21-2007, 05:19 PM
  4. Herbal Supplements under attack
    By Iron Warrior in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-09-2004, 12:14 AM
Log in
Log in