NooTropics under attack - FDA

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Quote Originally Posted by carguy123 View Post
    Yeah that seems to be another big issue and I know PC had similar struggles last year I believe. But there are ways around that too
    Exactly just like SARMS/SERMS you can't sell for human consumption.You can't make health claims about the product. No dosing instructions on the website. No testimonials from customers saying they tried it etc.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by JohnP. View Post
    They were selling actual Russian pharmaceuticals. For human consumption.
    Well Noopept is a prescription med in Russia

    Is that what you are referring to?
    Lightweight Sponsored Bodybuilder/Strongman Competitor- Iron Mag Labs "WES15" for 15% off
    Iron Mag Labs=- www.ironmaglabs.com /Iron Mag Research- www.ironmagresearch.com / "WES20" for 20% off at MA Labs- www.masupps.com
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by WesleyInman View Post
    Well Noopept is a prescription med in Russia

    Is that what you are referring to?

    If so, do you believe that justifies a raid?
    If people are going to openly sell something illegal, then yes, it justifies a raid. You're playing them off as the victim, yet these kinds of sellers are exactly why the FDA is getting more involved and they give honest sellers and manufacturers a bad name. The FDA didn't create this situation; the people in that house did.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  4. Im a fan of people being able to do whatever they want but the reality is selling drugs and research chemicals is always a risky business.
    lots of people do it but I dont understand why people are surprised when these guys get raided.

    Noopept isnt a supplement.
    Neither is modanifil or a long list of the stuff these guys sell. Might make a killing selling this stuff. Might go to prison, lose all your money, credibility etc.
    Is it worth it? Seems like ALOT of people think so.
    I think personally speaking life is much too short to spend any of it in a 6x10 box.
    BLACK LION RESEARCH
    Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.
    -Steve Jobs

  5. Quote Originally Posted by WesleyInman View Post
    Well Noopept is a prescription med in Russia Is that what you are referring to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    If people are going to openly sell something illegal, then yes, it justifies a raid. You're playing them off as the victim, yet these kinds of sellers are exactly why the FDA is getting more involved and they give honest sellers and manufacturers a bad name. The FDA didn't create this situation; the people in that house did.
    Quote Originally Posted by brundel View Post
    Im a fan of people being able to do whatever they want but the reality is selling drugs and research chemicals is always a risky business.
    lots of people do it but I dont understand why people are surprised when these guys get raided.

    Noopept isnt a supplement.
    Neither is modanifil or a long list of the stuff these guys sell. Might make a killing selling this stuff. Might go to prison, lose all your money, credibility etc.
    Is it worth it? Seems like ALOT of people think so.
    I think personally speaking life is much too short to spend any of it in a 6x10 box.
    Not just Noopept but alot of their stuff are actual prescription meds in Russia. There is a thread up at Reddit and this a list I pasted from it. It a list of what they sell:

    DAPTOL (Mebicar)

    ADRAFINIL (Noofon)

    AFOBAZOL (aka Afobazole)

    BIOTREDIN

    BlissfulMind-T (Tianeptine)

    Bromantane (Generic)

    COLURACETAM (CARTAM)

    Cortagen Powder

    Dropper Bottles

    Epithalon

    LADASTEN (aka Bromantan / Bromantane)

    Liquid Measuring

    MEXIDOL (Emoxypine)

    MILDRONATE (Mildonium)

    N-Acetyl-Selank

    N-Acetyl-Semax

    Nasal Spray Bottles

    NOOPEPT (Brand Name)

    NOOPEPT (Generic)

    NOOTROPIL (aka Noostan, Nootrop, Nootropyl)

    PANTOGAM (Homopantothenic Acid)

    PANTOGAM ACTIVE (D, L Hopantenic Acid)

    PHENIBUT

    PHENOTROPIL (aka Fenotropil Carphedon Phenylpiracetam)

    Phenylpiracetam Hydrazide

    PICAMILON (aka Nicotinoyl-GABA, Pycamilon, Pikamilon)

    Pinealon Capsules

    Pinealon Powder

    Sample Pack: ADRAFINIL + LADASTEN + PHENOTROPIL

    SELANK

    SEMAX

    STRESAM (Etifoxine)

    Sunifiram

    TENOTEN

    VALIDOL (Validolum)
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by JohnP. View Post
    Not just Noopept but alot of their stuff are actual prescription meds in Russia. There is a thread up at Reddit and this a list I pasted from it. It a list of what they sell:

    DAPTOL (Mebicar)

    ADRAFINIL (Noofon)

    AFOBAZOL (aka Afobazole)

    BIOTREDIN

    BlissfulMind-T (Tianeptine)

    Bromantane (Generic)

    COLURACETAM (CARTAM)

    Cortagen Powder

    Dropper Bottles

    Epithalon

    LADASTEN (aka Bromantan / Bromantane)

    Liquid Measuring

    MEXIDOL (Emoxypine)

    MILDRONATE (Mildonium)

    N-Acetyl-Selank

    N-Acetyl-Semax

    Nasal Spray Bottles

    NOOPEPT (Brand Name)

    NOOPEPT (Generic)

    NOOTROPIL (aka Noostan, Nootrop, Nootropyl)

    PANTOGAM (Homopantothenic Acid)

    PANTOGAM ACTIVE (D, L Hopantenic Acid)

    PHENIBUT

    PHENOTROPIL (aka Fenotropil Carphedon Phenylpiracetam)

    Phenylpiracetam Hydrazide

    PICAMILON (aka Nicotinoyl-GABA, Pycamilon, Pikamilon)

    Pinealon Capsules

    Pinealon Powder

    Sample Pack: ADRAFINIL + LADASTEN + PHENOTROPIL

    SELANK

    SEMAX

    STRESAM (Etifoxine)

    Sunifiram

    TENOTEN

    VALIDOL (Validolum)

    Right. Exactly my point. I cant imagine it being a surprise when the FDA or DEA come knocking when your selling drugs online.
    Same with the guys who sell steroids and meth analogues as supplements and then everyone is surprised when the DEA comes knocking.
    If you want to be a drug dealer....go for it but dont be so stupid as to do it on the internet.
    BLACK LION RESEARCH
    Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.
    -Steve Jobs

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    If people are going to openly sell something illegal, then yes, it justifies a raid. You're playing them off as the victim, yet these kinds of sellers are exactly why the FDA is getting more involved and they give honest sellers and manufacturers a bad name. The FDA didn't create this situation; the people in that house did.
    So let me ask you this..and respectfully of course, do not think for a mere second I am attacking you. Respectful dialogue

    I administered various Psych meds for about a decade as a Behavioral therapist and a Counselor. I found that the prescription meds I was dispensing were some of the most dangerous drugs in the World, with various long term sides, and very clear disturbances to mood, and mental status.

    Now doctors prescribed these, with such ease..minus double checking Contraindications..without worrying about long term sides....and some of these medical "professionals" were given vacations and kickcback for prescribing certain meds. Please do not attempt to deny that what I am telling you is accurate.

    No one monitors this. The FDA is not up their ***, shutting down their offices, raiding their offices...nothing.

    Meanwhile you have companies selling "unscheduled" but "NOT illegal" nootropics. And the FDA is pursuing them to the degree we are seeing a full scale "war" on them..shutting down merchant accounts, seizing funds, seizing shipments, and now raiding homes of those selling a far far safer ingredient. And trust me when I tell you, noopept, adrafinil, phenylpricetam are not 1/10th as dangerous as what is handed out, by simply stating you have "focus" issues.

    It is legal drug dealing at best. And the fda is enforcing that and alllowing it.

    And you have no problem with that? And you believe the FDA is justified in pursuing a supplement manufacturer who puts 20mgs of noopept per serving into a fat burner/?
    Lightweight Sponsored Bodybuilder/Strongman Competitor- Iron Mag Labs "WES15" for 15% off
    Iron Mag Labs=- www.ironmaglabs.com /Iron Mag Research- www.ironmagresearch.com / "WES20" for 20% off at MA Labs- www.masupps.com

  8. The difference lies in political ties and benefits.
    Big pharma lines the pockets not just of doctors but also the government.
    In this way they get away with murder. New drugs re released so often itll make or heads spin. Dsm is altered with new "diseases and disease states"
    Just to justify the use of new drugs. Often these synthetic drugs are more harmful than any natural alternative of which there are generally some but there is no money in it. In fact the money for the gov lies in suppressing our ability to produce viable natural alternatives.
    Our gov is absolutely corrupt
    Freedom is not real
    BLACK LION RESEARCH
    Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.
    -Steve Jobs

  9. Quote Originally Posted by WesleyInman View Post
    So let me ask you this..and respectfully of course, do not think for a mere second I am attacking you. Respectful dialogue

    I administered various Psych meds for about a decade as a Behavioral therapist and a Counselor. I found that the prescription meds I was dispensing were some of the most dangerous drugs in the World, with various long term sides, and very clear disturbances to mood, and mental status.

    Now doctors prescribed these, with such ease..minus double checking Contraindications..without worrying about long term sides....and some of these medical "professionals" were given vacations and kickcback for prescribing certain meds. Please do not attempt to deny that what I am telling you is accurate.

    No one monitors this. The FDA is not up their ***, shutting down their offices, raiding their offices...nothing.

    Meanwhile you have companies selling "unscheduled" but "NOT illegal" nootropics. And the FDA is pursuing them to the degree we are seeing a full scale "war" on them..shutting down merchant accounts, seizing funds, seizing shipments, and now raiding homes of those selling a far far safer ingredient. And trust me when I tell you, noopept, adrafinil, phenylpricetam are not 1/10th as dangerous as what is handed out, by simply stating you have "focus" issues.

    It is legal drug dealing at best. And the fda is enforcing that and alllowing it.

    And you have no problem with that? And you believe the FDA is justified in pursuing a supplement manufacturer who puts 20mgs of noopept per serving into a fat burner/?
    Just so we're both doing full disclosure, I have worked directly in pharma and now do consulting for pharma companies. You are correct that the FDA is not raiding physians' offices for legally prescribing legal pharmaceuticals. However, the pharma/physician kickback thing doesn't work like that anymore thanks to the Sunshine Act. I'm not saying it doesn't still happen, but pharma isn't this wild west show that you're describing. Both pharma companies and physicians have seen fines and jail time. To say that no one monitors this is a straight up lie, but none of that was even my point.

    Here is what I am saying in plain English. If people want to sell illegal or grey area items, rock on. However, as someobody else already pointed out, don't be surprised when the FDA comes knocking after you advertised this fact in public on the internet! If you want to debate IF something should be legal or illegal, that is a different conversation and I would probably agree with you, but in this case, they were open about selling something that the government currently says is illegal and got busted. And you are portraying them as the victim as if they were selling protein bars and got their door kicked in. That's not an accurate or honest portrayal of what happened.

    If Joe is on the corner selling crack and he gets busted, that one is on Joe. You can debate what should be illegal all you want and bash the cop who busted him, but 100% of the responsibility and blame should be on him.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  10. As someone who uses nootropics and also has a prescription for adderall, I can totally see both sides in this. As WesleyInman stated, it was almost too easy for me to get my script. Granted, I genuinely do need it, and I knew that going in, but my physician was very quick to prescribe it, and it was actually my first visit with this physician. I'm glad he was because it made my process easy and painless, but still. I know way too many people that go in drug seeking and get handed these things. It seems to be running rampant.

    And Aleksandar37 is also right. We need companies that produce the products that are actually legal, and ONLY sell those products. Powder City was my go to company, and I hate realizing that they are gone because they have sold me some excellent quality nootropics before I was able to get my prescription, but selling drugs that are in the grey area is just not a smart thing to do for any company, especially one that can make money on the products that they are selling legally.

    Its a shame this is happening because I absolutely love my phenylpiracetam and my noopept, but this is a matter of time before companies put up a sign to the FDA that says "Please ban everything because we can't be trusted!". It is a sad reality. I hope more good companies like Powder City pop up, but do so in a legitimate way.

    Mostly replying to sub to the thread for updates, but thought I'd throw in my sort of semi educated opinion. lol

  11. Good info Brundel, Aleks and Ty thank you for your views, appreciated
    Lightweight Sponsored Bodybuilder/Strongman Competitor- Iron Mag Labs "WES15" for 15% off
    Iron Mag Labs=- www.ironmaglabs.com /Iron Mag Research- www.ironmagresearch.com / "WES20" for 20% off at MA Labs- www.masupps.com

  12. And not to argue with anyone, nor you Aleksandar..

    but let's look at the FDA "approved" medication stats for the year 2014 (last year I could find complete stats)


    FDA approved meds in 2014 -were responsible for:
    123,927 DEATHS
    807,270 SERIOUS (Serious outcomes include death, hospitalization, life-threatening, disability, congenital anomaly and/or other serious outcome.)

    https://www.fda.gov/Drugs/GuidanceCo.../ucm070461.htm

    So my argument, is that this "supposed oversight"...."if" it truly is in place, then I suggest these stats show a very different story and it is being run, like the "Wild West" in various ways.

    Does anyone here believe for a moment that with these statistics, the FDA is prioritizing this oversight in a remotely productive and proper manner at all? Though some of these certainly were from abuse. Some of these are absolutely due to improper prescribing, and also many of these meds...are simply "not safe" at all.

    But lets put $$ into stopping Nootropics. (shaking head)

    How many deaths, or serious reports come from Noopept, or Adrafinil. Or phenylpricetam?
    Lightweight Sponsored Bodybuilder/Strongman Competitor- Iron Mag Labs "WES15" for 15% off
    Iron Mag Labs=- www.ironmaglabs.com /Iron Mag Research- www.ironmagresearch.com / "WES20" for 20% off at MA Labs- www.masupps.com

  13. Quote Originally Posted by WesleyInman View Post
    And not to argue with anyone, nor you Aleksandar..

    but let's look at the FDA "approved" medication stats for the year 2014 (last year I could find complete stats)
    It's not arguing and I'm more than happy to have a friendly debate about it. Those stats are always about 3 years behind because it takes them a while to get around to grouping them all together. Let me preface this by saying that the FDA doesn't have a perfect system, in fact, many ways it's a really bad system, so I'm not defending them. However, I'd be very curious to see the list of drugs and the disease states that make up this list of deaths. For instance, the area that I mostly work in is oncology and it tends to be patients who have very hard to treat cancers such as glioblastoma. They're willing to take some extremely harsh drugs to gain a few months or even a few weeks.

    So the stats you're showing are all deaths from all drugs which is going to be a huge spectrum. Drugs like opioids are going to have a lot of deaths that probably could have been avoided, but that is lumped together with some patients who are simply very ill. I just don't think using that as an example is enough to say the entire FDA and pharma is corrupt.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  14. Any updates on this? I wasn't aware of a nootropics ban

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Outofbody View Post
    Any updates on this? I wasn't aware of a nootropics ban
    The banking industry hit nearly every nootropic company with a ban this year.

  16. Update is this info was correct.

    Not gonna say "I told you so" but in every way shape and form Nootropics have taken a hit.

    The only way I am seeing the mainstream versions sold now is either black market, RC sites or some sites with bitcoin...

    But those are far and few....
    Lightweight Sponsored Bodybuilder/Strongman Competitor- Iron Mag Labs "WES15" for 15% off
    Iron Mag Labs=- www.ironmaglabs.com /Iron Mag Research- www.ironmagresearch.com / "WES20" for 20% off at MA Labs- www.masupps.com

  17. Quote Originally Posted by NeuroTropic View Post
    The banking industry hit nearly every nootropic company with a ban this year.
    Interesting. All of the US domestic companies I deal with seem to be running business as usual still. I would never have known.

    But not sure what you mean by banking industry. It would be the FDA's call to release a ban.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Outofbody View Post
    Interesting. All of the US domestic companies I deal with seem to be running business as usual still. I would never have known.

    But not sure what you mean by banking industry. It would be the FDA's call to release a ban.
    Some found a way around it but many aren't accepting cc at all. It's common knowledge for anyone in the industry and been discussed in reddit's nootropic sub.

    Credit card merchants, banks, bitcoin merchants, etc. The banking industry acts outside of the FDA actions. This is in part why amazon pulled most of it's nootropics years ago.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by NeuroTropic View Post
    Some found a way around it but many aren't accepting cc at all. It's common knowledge for anyone in the industry and been discussed in reddit's nootropic sub.

    Credit card merchants, banks, bitcoin merchants, etc. The banking industry acts outside of the FDA actions. This is in part why amazon pulled most of it's nootropics years ago.
    Oh I see what you mean. Yeah come to think of it, I haven't used VISA to order in a while, I use eCheck instead.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. 74 Supplement Companies Under Attack
    By ctAL in forum Supplements
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-20-2009, 08:41 PM
  2. BOS is under a denial of service attack!
    By jjohn in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-19-2009, 05:29 PM
  3. DHEA under attack on the Hill.
    By AnonyMoose in forum Supplements
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-21-2007, 05:19 PM
  4. Herbal Supplements under attack
    By Iron Warrior in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-09-2004, 12:14 AM
Log in
Log in