Nootrol vs Nootropimax

C

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Let us also not forget that Evomuse Clear Edge should be restocked soon...some many choice so little time, its a good time to be a noot fan :)

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hands down? Clear edge.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Let us also not forget that Evomuse Clear Edge should be restocked soon...some many choice so little time, its a good time to be a noot fan :)
It's definitely a good time for nootropic supplements, and the three products mentioned here are definitely among the best. It's hard to say that one is going to be "the best," as they all have somewhat different philosophies on how they're formulated, and also differing amounts of caffeine (if I recall, Clear Edge has no caffeine, Nootrol has a little, and NootropiMax has a decent amount of caffeine and some theacrine). What I'm thinking of doing is running NootropiMax for probably 8-12 weeks, then taking a few weeks off and running something else, perhaps Nootrol or Clear Edge (I ordered a bottle of it already), and maybe even overlapping (using both at the same time) NootropiMax and Nootrol. I do think I'll pick up some standalone BF-7 (see Nootrol) to try before picking up Nootrol, as I already have a good supply of high-quality rhodiola.

Edit: Looking more at all of the profiles, I'm thinking of cycling between NootropiMax and Clear Edge, and probably add in Nootrol (or at least standalone BF-7 and rhodiola depending on the price) at times when I could use even more of a boost. Should make for one hell of a cognitive stack IMO!

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
While I will always be a fan of buying individual supplements and creating my own stacks, I truly appreciate that companies are finally getting on board with what many of us have been into for years now. In fact, I have gone through periods where I have been so concerned about noots not getting proper recognition and going away that I have stocked up on multiple items to last for years.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
While I will always be a fan of buying individual supplements and creating my own stacks, I truly appreciate that companies are finally getting on board with what many of us have been into for years now. In fact, I have gone through periods where I have been so concerned about noots not getting proper recognition and going away that I have stocked up on multiple items to last for years.
I know what you mean, and up until very recently, there weren't even really many good nootropic products out there at all. Granted, the majority of them now are still pretty underdosed, but the market as a whole is getting better, and some quality formulas are beginning to come out, including the ones mentioned ITT.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
NootripiMax is on my radar.

I already have used or am currently used everything in that profile....and I would love not to have to measure everything out lol.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
NootripiMax is on my radar.

I already have used or am currently used everything in that profile....and I would love not to have to measure everything out lol.
I know what you mean. I'm currently using pretty much exactly NootropiMax (just some slightly different doses because of some caps), but it's a major PITA to have to take several different pills and also weigh out multiple powders. It'll be so much easier to just take 1-2 caps, haha.

C

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I know what you mean. I'm currently using pretty much exactly NootropiMax (just some slightly different doses because of some caps), but it's a major PITA to have to take several different pills and also weigh out multiple powders. It'll be so much easier to just take 1-2 caps, haha.
So much this....made my own preworkout for all of 2 weeks before I finally said the hell with this. Really liking the nootropic options discussed in this thread, and planning on trying all of them in the near future (outside of Clear Edge, I got in on the Beta release). Really happy there are so many solid options popping up

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The idea of stacking it with nootrol is very tempting. But I think you and I share a certain skepticism at a 10% salidroside extract with added tyrosol.

4.5 mg(170mg of rhodiola) was shown to be effective with night shift physicians, but we know at 680-700mg of rhodiola shows no added benefit. So the question is how much rhodiola is in that mix.

Given the 1000mg daily dose and 50mg of caffeine, at 10% salidroside, 30-50mg would be ideal, but this doesnt factor in the tyrosol.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The idea of stacking it with nootrol is very tempting. But I think you and I share a certain skepticism at a 10% salidroside extract with added tyrosol.

4.5 mg(170mg of rhodiola) was shown to be effective with night shift physicians, but we know at 680-700mg of rhodiola shows no added benefit. So the question is how much rhodiola is in that mix.

Given the 1000mg daily dose and 50mg of caffeine, at 10% salidroside, 30-50mg would be ideal, but this doesnt factor in the tyrosol.
From what I've seen of many COAs and spec sheets, extracts that are very high in either rosavin or salidroside that make no mention of the other tend to have little or negligible content of the other (note that this ins't always the case, but quite often it is). The vast majority of the research on rhodiola uses either a 3% rosavin and 1% salidroside extract (many of the endurance studies), or SHR-5, which is close to 3% rosavin and 2% salidroside. Much of the old Russian research states the importance of having an extract standardized to both, and, if I recall correctly, I think I read about one potentiating the effects of the other (I could be wrong, but I think it was rosavin increased the effectiveness of salidroside, but don't quote me on that).

There are studies showing improved endurance with as little as 200mg of 3% R + 1% S extract, and studies showing improved exam scores and other benefits with as little as 100mg of SHR-5 (~2.8mg salidroside). Regarding the point of diminishing returns, one study on military cadets used either 370 or 550mg of SHR-5, and didn't note a significant difference between the two doses. Other studies have noted benefits with 170mg SHR-5, so I don't really see a need to go above 370mg of SHR-5, which is pretty much 3% rosavin and 2% salidroside. The 370mg of SHR-5 yielded ~9mg salidroside, which should be plenty when combined with the rosavin IMO, which means you'd only need 90mg of the 10% salidroside extract (without the tyrosol), although much less could still be effective, although I'd still like to have some rosavin with the salidroside, although the inclusion of tyrosol is interesting and helps to further reduce the dose needed.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Can't argue with anything you said. Excellent observation that really the bulk of data shows benefit with the lower extracts. As well as the importance of a standardization for both rosavins and salidrosides.

Personally I have not come across much, if any, data on higher extracts.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can't argue with anything you said. Excellent observation that really the bulk of data shows benefit with the lower extracts. As well as the importance of a standardization for both rosavins and salidrosides.

Personally I have not come across much, if any, data on higher extracts.
There are animal studies showing that salidroside alone does work (is active), while the same animal studies have shown rosavin to be inactive in certain aspects, but also showed that the combination was superior to any component alone.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Meh, in the light of so much human data, I really take the animal studies with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Meh, in the light or so much human data, I really take the animal studies with a grain of salt.
Yeah, there's enough human research to paint a pretty good picture about how to dose rhodiola, so I don't see a need to reinvent the wheel, and I still think I'd like an extract with salidroside AND rosavin as opposed to just more salidroside. Since we know there's a point of diminishing returns, perhaps due to the synergy/interaction between the components demonstrated in animal studies you can get more benefits from taking the two together than just salidroside, although I could be wrong in that assumption.

JohnP.

JohnP.

Awards
Performax and Black Lion Research just revealed the ingredients behind their new Nootropic supplements called Nootropimax and Nootrol respectively.

Which one are you more excited to try or will be purchasing first?
2 totally different formulas from 2 great companies.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
2 totally different formulas from 2 great companies.
Yes...seems as though they both delivered on this one in their own way. Will be interesting to see the reviews/logs as these products begin to get into people's hands. Or brain should I say...

J

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wish so many of these new nootropic formulas didn't have such high doses of caffeine in them (like nootropimax). Completely rules out anyone that's stim sensitive and prevents daily use (which is what works best for things like bacopa).

C

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wish so many of these new nootropic formulas didn't have such high doses of caffeine in them (like nootropimax). Completely rules out anyone that's stim sensitive and prevents daily use (which is what works best for things like bacopa).
Clear Edge is also stim free if you were unaware.
But I understand where you are coming from. I actual like that Clear Edge is stim free, allows me to add it to whatever stim product I choose for that day

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
When I saw the profile being revealed I was thinking 150mg of caffeine is perfect in this one. Then next ingredients was caffeine malate with another 150 mg. granted the caffeine malate really only equals about 100 mg of caffeine. I think the product will pack a nice punch, but won't feel like there is as much caffeine in it because the noots will smooth it out. Either way your the caffeine sensitive crowd probably won't be able to handle it and it will bump up the tolerance for the caffeinated crowd because I am sure it won't be the only caffeine they ingest during the day.

J

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When I saw the profile being revealed I was thinking 150mg of caffeine is perfect in this one. Then next ingredients was caffeine malate with another 150 mg. granted the caffeine malate really only equals about 100 mg of caffeine. I think the product will pack a nice punch, but won't feel like there is as much caffeine in it because the noots will smooth it out. Either way your the caffeine sensitive crowd probably won't be able to handle it and it will bump up the tolerance for the caffeinated crowd because I am sure it won't be the only caffeine they ingest during the day.
Yeah, some of the ingredients will help smooth out the effects but you'll still be taking around 250 mg of caffeine per day. Not sure why anyone would want that in a nootropic formula. I get the feeling that a lot of companies include such high amounts of caffeine in their nootropic formulas so people experience an immediate effect...versus waiting days to months like many/most nootropics require. Unfortunately, by including such a high dose of caffeine they're also preventing people from taking it consistently over a long period of time to truly reap the benefits (like in the case of bacopa and its effect on memory).

J

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Clear Edge is also stim free if you were unaware.
But I understand where you are coming from. I actual like that Clear Edge is stim free, allows me to add it to whatever stim product I choose for that day
Wasn't aware of that one. Thanks, I'll check it out.

C

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wasn't aware of that one. Thanks, I'll check it out.
Its a fantastic product, the mental clarity I get is very noticeable and multitasking at work is a breeze now. I am a full-fledged fanboy at this point :)

C

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
profile??
Stole this out of the Evomuse thread....

Clear Edge™ is a highly potent creativity and intelligence support supplement that maximizes brain efficiency and interneuronal communication, enabling the user to effortless tap into a higher potential level. Clear Edge™ quickens thought response and reaction speed, allowing for faster access to memories and a quicker formation of new memories ie. learning. Boosting short term memory via hippocampal activation, enhancing reward centers to make you associate learning and performance as a pleasant experience, Clear Edge™ also accelerates the transition from short term memory to long term memory, increasing informational recall. Clear Edge™ will help in verbal fluency and articulation, so whether your job is technical or more people oriented you will find yourself always on top of your game.

Clear Edge
Neuronal Optimization Formula
240 capsules

Serving size: 4 capsules
Servings per bottle: 60

Ingredients:

Nelumbo Nucifera Extract 20:1 255mg
Acetyl-L-Carnitine - 500mg
Bacopa Monnieri (std for 55% bacosides) 150mg
Huperzine 1% 10mg
CDP-Choline 400mg
Ginkgo Biloba Extract 200mg
L-Pyroglutamic Acid 400mg
L-dopa 100mg
Bombyx Mori Extract (std for BF7) 150mg
Astilbin-Cyclodextrin Complex 75mg
Benfotiamine 200mg
Sulbutiamine 200mg
Isatin 50mg

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, some of the ingredients will help smooth out the effects but you'll still be taking around 250 mg of caffeine per day. Not sure why anyone would want that in a nootropic formula. I get the feeling that a lot of companies include such high amounts of caffeine in their nootropic formulas so people experience an immediate effect...versus waiting days to months like many/most nootropics require. Unfortunately, by including such a high dose of caffeine they're also preventing people from taking it consistently over a long period of time to truly reap the benefits (like in the case of bacopa and its effect on memory).
I understand that not everyone will want 250mg caffeine, but it is not really prohibitive for daily use, and is really only about 2-2.5 small Cups of coffee, which many, many people have at least this much on a daily basis during the work day. Remember, this product isn't only targeted towards the fitness community, some of whom take upwards of 400mg caffeine and other stimulants pre-Workout every day, or most days. As it has been mentioned, the inclusion of synergistic and nootropic ingredients will produce a clean and focused energy, and the caffeine content also allows the daily dose to be split and still provide noticeable energy at 1 cap each time. I personally either take 2 caps at once, and have maybe another 100-150mg caffeine, if any, at another time in the day, or split the dose and perhaps add 100mg or so caffeine, if any, plus a stim free PWO for my pre. This is a great formula for students, businesspeople, workers, etc, many of whom rely almost exclusively on coffee and energy drinks for their caffeine, and this is more affordable and included several effective nootropic ingredients. Many people have more than this amount of caffeine at Starbucks every morning, and then have more at lunch for example. Also, you can expect acute cognitive and nootropic benefits from NootropiMax, as CDP-Choline, Hup-A, sceletium, etc all have studies showing a variety of acute benefits and effects; while it will certainly provide additional benefits with continued use, I feel it is incorrect to say that the caffeine is the only thing you'll feel with acute use. Also, unlike most products that just throw in caffeine and exotic stimulants, we have a synergistic formula intended to maximize the benefits and minimize the potential sides of the caffeine. We do appreciate any and all feedback though, and encourage you to share your thoughts with us, which benefits everyone going forward!

J

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I understand that not everyone will want 250mg caffeine, but it is not really prohibitive for daily use, and is really only about 2-2.5 small Cups of coffee, which many, many people have at least this much on a daily basis during the work day. Remember, this product isn't only targeted towards the fitness community, some of whom take upwards of 400mg caffeine and other stimulants pre-Workout every day, or most days. As it has been mentioned, the inclusion of synergistic and nootropic ingredients will produce a clean and focused energy, and the caffeine content also allows the daily dose to be split and still provide noticeable energy at 1 cap each time. I personally either take 2 caps at once, and have maybe another 100-150mg caffeine, if any, at another time in the day, or split the dose and perhaps add 100mg or so caffeine, if any, plus a stim free PWO for my pre. This is a great formula for students, businesspeople, workers, etc, many of whom rely almost exclusively on coffee and energy drinks for their caffeine, and this is more affordable and included several effective nootropic ingredients. Many people have more than this amount of caffeine at Starbucks every morning, and then have more at lunch for example. Also, you can expect acute cognitive and nootropic benefits from NootropiMax, as CDP-Choline, Hup-A, sceletium, etc all have studies showing a variety of acute benefits and effects; while it will certainly provide additional benefits with continued use, I feel it is incorrect to say that the caffeine is the only thing you'll feel with acute use. Also, unlike most products that just throw in caffeine and exotic stimulants, we have a synergistic formula intended to maximize the benefits and minimize the potential sides of the caffeine. We do appreciate any and all feedback though, and encourage you to share your thoughts with us, which benefits everyone going forward!
Never said caffeine was the only thing you'll feel with acute use. I said "a lot of companies" include it so something is felt immediately. And while you will feel something with other ingredients (have tried all either individually or in various combinations over the years), the caffeine will provide a large part of the acute effects. Regardless, my thoughts are irrelevant as it's obviously not targeted for someone like me and will likely appeal to those that have a high tolerance to stims and/or rely on them to get through the day (a.k.a. a majority of people in the work force). I'm just expressing my frustration at seeing all these nootropic formulas now coming out that I'm precluded from trying due to the high caffeine content.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Never said caffeine was the only thing you'll feel with acute use. I said "a lot of companies" include it so something is felt immediately. And while you will feel something with other ingredients (have tried all either individually or in various combinations over the years), the caffeine will provide a large part of the acute effects. Regardless, my thoughts are irrelevant as it's obviously not targeted for someone like me and will likely appeal to those that have a high tolerance to stims and/or rely on them to get through the day (a.k.a. a majority of people in the work force). I'm just expressing my frustration at seeing all these nootropic formulas now coming out that I'm precluded from trying due to the high caffeine content.
My apologies, I just wanted to clarify to potential readers that the caffeine isn't the only ingredient that will provide acute effects. Again, we do appreciate your feedback and input. What does your daily caffeine intake look like, if you don't mind sharing?

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Well you can still try 2 out of the 3 nootropics being discussed in this thread so that's not terrible. The BLR noot has a very small amount of caffeine in it and Evomuse Clear Edge has none. And you may be able to get positive effects from a single cap of the NootropicMax product making it more affordable and last longer.

I do completely understand what you are saying about the caffeine content in some of the newer comprehensive noot products though. I am just saying you still have some options if you really wanted to try 1,2 or even all 3 of them.

J

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My apologies, I just wanted to clarify to potential readers that the caffeine isn't the only ingredient that will provide acute effects. Again, we do appreciate your feedback and input. What does your daily caffeine intake look like, if you don't mind sharing?
About 4 ounces in the morning (to wake my brain up after the the stuff I take at night to sleep)...and even then I include some l-theanine, lithium orotate or phenibut to smooth it out.

J

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well you can still try 2 out of the 3 nootropics being discussed in this thread so that's not terrible. The BLR noot has a very small amount of caffeine in it and Evomuse Clear Edge has none. And you may be able to get positive effects from a single cap of the NootropicMax product making it more affordable and last longer.

I do completely understand what you are saying about the caffeine content in some of the newer comprehensive noot products though. I am just saying you still have some options if you really wanted to try 1,2 or even all 3 of them.
Agree. Although, after looking at the formula for the BLR noot I'm afraid it wouldn't work for me either. I once tried adding 200 mg of rhodiola to 4 ounces of coffee and was a raging @$$hole most of the day. That high salidroside content would really mess me up. :)

Sorry to derail the thread. I realize I'm the minority and probably should have just kept me mouth shut.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I suppose you could stack 1 cap of NootropiMax with the other options for a lower-stim stack. Also, in the context of a pre-workout, 1 cap NootropiMax and 1 scoop VasoMax would give you a low stim combo with a very nice blend for massive pumps and incredible focus.

JohnP.

JohnP.

Awards

Great post.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Agree. Although, after looking at the formula for the BLR noot I'm afraid it wouldn't work for me either. I once tried adding 200 mg of rhodiola to 4 ounces of coffee and was a raging @$$hole most of the day. That high salidroside content would really mess me up. :)

Sorry to derail the thread. I realize I'm the minority and probably should have just kept me mouth shut.
Don't apologize, I think we're all here to help and get different people's feedback and input. :)

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I'm very stim sensitive myself. I used to take a ton of stims back in 2005-2009. Now that I'm older I get really wigged out and panicky. I ran the beta NootropiMax which was slightly lower caffeine than the final version, and I had no issues at all. The focus and alertness outweighed the stim feeling.

I will probably start with 1 cap, then add a cap later in the day. My job gets a little boring around 1pm and I lose focus, I'm hoping the 2nd cap knocks me out of that funk.

If you are in the US and are cool with random pills in a baggie lol, I can send a few of mine once I get them.

C

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Don't apologize, I think we're all here to help and get different people's feedback and input. :)
Just wanted to echo this a second time. No need to apologize at all, this is an open forum and you make a very valid point. I think we are all here to learn and share our own indivudual experiences. With noots and alot of the stuff surrounding supplements there is no user manual and everyone is different and has different goals and experiences.

C

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm very stim sensitive myself. I used to take a ton of stims back in 2005-2009. Now that I'm older I get really wigged out and panicky. I ran the beta NootropiMax which was slightly lower caffeine than the final version, and I had no issues at all. The focus and alertness outweighed the stim feeling.

I will probably start with 1 cap, then add a cap later in the day. My job gets a little boring around 1pm and I lose focus, I'm hoping the 2nd cap knocks me out of that funk.

If you are in the US and are cool with random pills in a baggie lol, I can send a few of mine once I get them.
I am always down for some random unmarked pills in a zip lock baggie coming in the mail :)

R

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am always down for some random unmarked pills in a zip lock baggie coming in the mail :)
This!

My wife swears I'm a drug dealer sometimes with all the unmarked pills and powders in little baggies I send and receive!

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

I don't think you derailed. Everyone is entitled to share their opinion and why they may or may not choose one over the other....or nothing at all..

I am one of those people that will be fine with the caffeine content of Nootropimax. Good thing since I will be logging it. I happen to do just fine with various rhodiola extracts as well.

J

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I really appreciate the offer, that's very nice of you. However, I'm going to have to pass. My reaction to higher stim products (even just 80mg+) tends to be a little "over the top" and I really can't afford to chance that reaction with my new infant in the house. I've had to be a lot more careful in what products I take now since I tend to react strongly to anything with even a slight amount of stimulants (don't want to carry that short-tempered and aggressive reaction home to my kids). Again, thanks for the offer though.

C

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This!

My wife swears I'm a drug dealer sometimes with all the unmarked pills and powders in little baggies I send and receive!
haha for real...I wonder sometimes what USPS thinks. So many baggies with undisclosed white power have been sent to me over the years. Most likely on some DEA watch list now

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I think we need to take the whole formula into account and not just focus on the number.

250mg of pure caffeine is going to feel WAAY different then NootropiMax. Remember only 150mg is regular caffeine, the other 100mgs of caffeine comes on much slower and much smoother, then you have ingredients like Bacopa, Ornithine and L-Theanine which dramatically smooths out the effects of caffeine and creates a much more subtle effect. So yea while 250mg of caffeine on paper might seem like a lot, the way its constructed in NootropiMax it wont feel anything like 250mg.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think we need to take the whole formula into account and not just focus on the number.

250mg of pure caffeine is going to feel WAAY different then NootropiMax. Remember only 150mg is regular caffeine, the other 100mgs of caffeine comes on much slower and much smoother, then you have ingredients like Bacopa, Ornithine and L-Theanine which dramatically smooths out the effects of caffeine and creates a much more subtle effect. So yea while 250mg of caffeine on paper might seem like a lot, the way its constructed in NootropiMax it wont feel anything like 250mg.
^^^^ This explanation goes right along with my experience with the betas. The focus and ease of doing work at my job far outweighed any caffeine buzz.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i think we should keep this thread open once everything is released so we can post out experiences with the products.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am just hoping I respond better to Nootropimax than I did to another very popular "productivity" supplement that I recently tried. Seems these type of products either deliver focus through a zoned out kind of affect, while others give a relaxed, yet energizing sense of confidence along with the focus. I am hoping for the latter.

The previous supplement I tried made me feel awake, but zoned out...so I actually found it harder to focus than usual. I also felt a bit awkward around my co-workers. I tried it preworkout as well and I felt very awkward at the gym..

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think the products are different. Nootrol has only 50mg of caffeine. Its not at all intended to be a CNS stim as over time stims tend to be counterproductive with regards to cognitive function. We dont want to stimulate your CNS we want to stimulate your brain function.
BF7 is likely the best nootropic Ive used. Ive tried racetams, stims, herbal noots etc etc etc. The BF7 is much better at actually increasing brain function.
PLus most nootropics tend to make me depressed and foggy after a while so we balanced it out well with the other ingredients.
I think another thing to mention is we didnt formulate this to be something you feel. Its not a recreational drug or CNS stim. Our testers did all seem to mention feeling better mood wise, better social interaction and verbal fluency etc but this isnt the goal. The goal is to increase cognitive function enough to make a difference. The goal is to increase your IQ and reaction times, memory and recall.
We tested over a dozen different blends before we tested this one and there were widely different results. This blend increased IQ and test scores in 100% of people we tested it on. 15 before we ran a public trial here with 5.
Here are some of the results of the trial we ran here.
We had 5 guys on this forum take a host of cognitive tests at baseline.
They then took the product for 2 weeks and retested. The scores are as follows. One tester continued and tested again at 4 weeks and his scores continued to rise. This is a testament to how well balanced this product is.
Most things that raise acetylcholine will have crushed dopamine and serotonin after a month and scores would drop. Not Nootrol.
Most CNS stims will cause adrenal fatigue after a while. not Nootrol.
Here are the results of trail 2.

Results from initial test; BEFORE NOOTROL
MemTrax test - 92% correct .865 Mean Reaction Time
Human Benchmark tests
1957 points in Visual Memory
41 on Verbal Memory
Reaction Time of 325.0ms
11 on Number Memory
Psychology Today Memory Test - 81
IQ Test - 105

Results from second test; 2 WEEKS NOOTROL
Test results 11/08
MemTrax test - 96% .737 Mean Reaction Time
Human Benchmark Tests
Visual Memory- 6687
Verbal Memory - 47
Reaction Time - 321.0 ms
Number Memory - 10 digits
Psychology Today Memory Test - 84
IQ Test - 115

Results from 11/21 4 WEEKS NOOTROL.
MemTrax Test 96% .728 Mean Reaction Time
Human Benchmark Tests
Visual Memory - 7243
Verbal Memory - 52
Reaction Time - 304.0 ms
Number Memory - 10 digits
Psychology Today Memory Test - 97
IQ Test - 127

============================== ============================== =======

Human Benchmark
Number memory: 10 digits, 69%
Reaction Time: 239 ms
Verbal Memory: 22 points
Visual Memory: level 7, score 2698

MemTrax: 90%, mean reaction time 0.827 seconds

Psychology Today: 74

Iqtest: 101

------------------------

Human Benchmark
Number memory: 10 digits, 69%
Reaction Time: 205 ms
Verbal Memory: 46 points!
Visual Memory: level 7,
score 6810!

MemTrax: 98%, mean reaction time 0.768 seconds!

Psychology Today: 90
-though I honestly answered these subjective questions both times, the increased score here is likely reflective of an increased confidence in my memory.

Iqtest: 110
============================== ====

Human Benchmark-
Number Memory-You scored 7. You're currently in the top 18 percentile for this test!
Reaction Time-You scored 309.0. You're currently in the top 32 percentile for this test!
Verbal Memory-You're currently in the top 17 percentile for this test!
Visual Memory-You scored 5631. You're currently in the top 21 percentile for this test!

Metrax- Mean Reaction Time: 0.979 seconds

Psychology Today- I got 50

IQ Test- 100 IQ(this was so hard in the middle)

------------------------------

Human Benchmark-
Number Memory- You scored 7. You're currently in the top 18 percentile for this test!
Visual Memory- You scored 17723. You're currently in the top 75 percentile for this test!
Reaction Time- You scored 300.0. You're currently in the top 36 percentile for this test!
Verbal Memory- You scored 32. You're currently in the top 42 percentile for this test!

Metrax- Mean Reaction Time:0.925 seconds 86% correct

Psychology Today- 79

IQ Test- 106

============================== =====================

Pre "Treatment" Test Results:

1. Human Benchmark Tests
a. Number Memory: Level 9 (50%)
b. Reaction Time: Avg - 358 ms (19%)
c. Verbal Memory: 44 points (70%)
d. Visual Memory: Level 8, 8799 points (41%)
2. Mem Trax Test: 92% correct - 0.856 mean reaction time
3. Psychology Today Memory Test: 73
4. General IQ Test: 108 -> finished with approximately 9 minutes left (out of 40).

-------------------------

After two weeks on mystery BLR noot at 1 cap bid:
1. Human Benchmark Tests:
a. Number Memory: Level 10 (69%); +1 Level
b. Reaction Time: Avg of 337 ms (24%); Improvement of 21 ms
c. Verbal Memory: 129 points (98%); improvement of 85 points....
d. Visual Memory: Level 10, Score of 12,873 (59%); +2 levels, 4074 points
2. Memtrax: 96% correct, 0.668 second rxn time; +4% and 0.188 seconds
3. Psychology Today Subjective Memory Questionnaire: Score of 79, 6 point improvement
4. General IQ Test: 126; +18 points -> I forgot to look at how much time was left when I completed it. But, I would guess it was in the 10-15 minute range.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is how I prefer to get mine, less face to face interaction this way. Lol
One time I dropped off a sample of a pre-workout (a white powder in a zip-lock bag) to a friend of mine while he was at work; I just walked in, handed it to him, and walked out. He later told me that his boss said something to the effect of "your dealer makes deliveries?"

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
One time I dropped off a sample of a pre-workout (a white powder in a zip-lock bag) to a friend of mine while he was at work; I just walked in, handed it to him, and walked out. He later told me that his boss said something to the effect of "your dealer makes deliveries?"
My girlfriend has been suspicious of some packages I get lol, although I do tell her of everything I do she still wonders. I remember I got a ziplock bag of Conquer Unleashed to try out, my parents saw it because I still lived at home and were pissed I was about to consume a baggie of suspicious powder with no label or writing or anything. It literally looked like a bag of cocaine.

And to echo what carguy123 said, I guarantee I am on some kind of watch list from the packages I get, and the fact that I have called the post office in a rage multiple times. They delivered my package to the wrong house one time and I raised so much hell that a lady in a suit from the post office went and picked it up and brought it to me after she got off work. To be fair, there were countless other issues with our mailman before and I had complained a couple of times. He kept leaving the mailbox open with my packages in it, so anyone going by could see there was stuff in there. He would not come to the door for us to sign for a package, just leave a note in the box saying he tried but no one was home. Which is wrong because I was always in the living room doing homework quietly, never once did anyone come to the front door.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Okay, you can tell how much I hate the postal service. Lol I did not mean to rant like that but when it gets brought up, it's like I have a PTSD rage fit.