Question about AMP Citrate and False Positives for Hair Follicle Tests

M

MMA_Professor

Awards
I couldn't post this to the reviews forum, but anyways, I submitted a hair follicle drug test for pre-employment approximately one week after taking a product called Synedrex made by Metabolic Nutrition. It contains a chemical called Methylpentane Citrate, AKA, AMP Citrate. It's my understanding that this chemical, although closely related to DMAA is far enough separated in molecules to prevent false positives on drug screenings.

This is the biggest career opportunity I've ever had so you can imagine my paranoia about this. I passed the initial urinalysis at my physical but that doesn't explain anything because it had been a week since I took the supplement and as we all know, true amphetamines leaves your system in roughly 2 to 3 days. But the hair follicle reads all the way back to 90 days, although it takes about 7 to 10 days to show up in the hair to begin with.

I Googled all over the internet about AMP Citrate and false positives and so far, there's nothing clear about it. I've called drug screening labs and talked to a couple of lab techs and they say the hair follicle is very accurate and if it caused a false positive on the first test, the confirmation test would show exactly what flagged me to begin with and call it a negative.

My question to anyone here is, since most of us here take over the counter supplements, has anyone taken this product or anything with AMP Citrate in it and came up positive for amphetamines? Other than this, I haven't touched a controlled substance in over 8 years and I only take Zantac 150, BC Powder and Amino Energy by Optimum Nutrition.

M

MMA_Professor

Awards
And to further clarify, I submitted that sample along with 35 other new hires to my company last Thursday. They said it can take about 3 business days to clear and this would be the 3rd day.

C

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have been drug tested for various jobs while using different stims ( DMAA, DMBA) and never had a false positive. However I have never had a hair follicle test so take that with a grain of salt. However I highly doubt this will yield a false positive given your scenario. You already submitted the sample so I would honestly not stress over it for right now, there is nothing you can do to change the results at this point. If it does come back positive cross that bridge when you get there

M

MMA_Professor

Awards
Right on, thanks. I shouldn't have anything to worry about. DMMA is actually closer to the amphetamine family than AMP Citrate. Hair follicles are also more accurate tests so I should be good. Just paranoid, that's all, lol.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Iconic Formulations 14
christ83189 Supplements 38
f4iguy Training Forum 13
D Supplements 5
S Evomuse 10