Azoth

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's overpriced and quite honestly, and rarely said, but overdosed. 50mg of noopept is high as 30mg spread out is pretty well tolerated as the higher side dosage. 50mg at one time is not what I would consider optimal. 150mg of PP is fine, but again, could be high for people not accustom to it. Plus, tolerance builds quickly, so I never like to see PP in a blend, rather take it on it's own. DMHA seems interesting, but it is inexpensive and I have seen 5 grams being sold for $15 on some sites.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
One thing that you failed to realize however is that Noopept only has a 10% bioavailability when taken orally. That's why most in the nootropics community take it sublingually or intranasally via a spray. So only about 5mg of those 50mg will be effective so I think it's a pretty fair dose. I think the high price is mostly due to the Phenylpiracetam and Ashweganda, which the company has told me is KSM66 extract. Also, DMHA can be expensive depending on the manufacturer, so it is possible that their particular manufacturer overcharged them.

I also just found out they have a discount code for one of the Facebook nootropics groups. I'm not sure if I can share it here, but I doubt anyone will find out, so I will post it anyway. It's NIKO45 and it gives you 45% off at checkout. That's one of the group admin's codes. They also announced today that they are giving a 14 day money back guarentee for the first 100 orders.

chotadesi

Awards
^Thanks for the discount code. Don't know about y'all, but getting raws separately from different sources, weighing them, mixing them, and then putting them in capsules is tedious as hell. These guys have a ridiculously strong formula and it's already encapsulated. The time and energy I'm saving with this is mind blowing. ****s all over any other nootropic supplement on the market.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
That's what it was mostly made for. I spoke to them, and they said they were aware it was going to be expensive, but there are a lot of guys out there who are willing to cough up the cash for a strong formula like this, just because of the convenience factor. They said they were well aware it wouldn't appeal to everyone, but hell omnit is expensive and underdosed as hell, and they're making bank!! The company also has plans to release a budget version somewhere down the road. It's a stsrt up company, so obviously they have to cover their expenses first

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One thing that you failed to realize however is that Noopept only has a 10% bioavailability when taken orally. That's why most in the nootropics community take it sublingually or intranasally via a spray. So only about 5mg of those 50mg will be effective so I think it's a pretty fair dose. I think the high price is mostly due to the Phenylpiracetam and Ashweganda, which the company has told me is KSM66 extract. Also, DMHA can be expensive depending on the manufacturer, so it is possible that their particular manufacturer overcharged them.

I also just found out they have a discount code for one of the Facebook nootropics groups. I'm not sure if I can share it here, but I doubt anyone will find out, so I will post it anyway. It's NIKO45 and it gives you 45% off at checkout. That's one of the group admin's codes. They also announced today that they are giving a 14 day money back guarentee for the first 100 orders.
I wasn't forgetting anything, it is very common knowledge about the bioavailability and it doesn't change anything because it only takes a very small amount of noopept to be effective and the rest is metabolized. My point was that nooptept is best taken when split into smaller doses throughout the day. I get what they are trying to do and I imagine it is fine for the small group they may be targeting, but my point was that it is very expensive at 10 doses per bottle based on the ingredient profile and if it is the KSM-66 driving up the price, should be removed anyway as that is a staple supplement, not the occasional, which this product is obviously geared towards.

Listen, I give them credit for trying something different and actually providing a healthy amount of product. If they brought this into the $40 range, they will probably be successful.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Join date of Jan with 3 posts, they are in this thread, and a marketing pitch commentary...hmmmm. You wouldn't have a connection with Azoth now, would you?

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
I wasn't forgetting anything, it is very common knowledge about the bioavailability and it doesn't change anything because it only takes a very small amount of noopept to be effective and the rest is metabolized. My point was that nooptept is best taken when split into smaller doses throughout the day. I get what they are trying to do and I imagine it is fine for the small group they may be targeting, but my point was that it is very expensive at 10 doses per bottle based on the ingredient profile and if it is the KSM-66 driving up the price, should be removed anyway as that is a staple supplement, not the occasional, which this product is obviously geared towards.

Listen, I give them credit for trying something different and actually providing a healthy amount of product. If they brought this into the $40 range, they will probably be successful.
Well the serving size is 3 capsules so you can split the dose. And actually, a few guys in the nootropics group said they don't get any effects below 50mg. I personally use 50mg in a single dose, because that is what works on me. At the same time you got other guys that are taking 10mg. There is a coupon code for 45% off, which would bring the price down to like $43 or something. I think like a lot of companies (Muscletech, cellucor, etc) they probably started the retail price high so they could have room to work with in terms of discounts and specials. Otherwise, if one starts the price already low, there's no room for special offers. Like in sure they could have just sold it for $40, but with that formula, there certainly won't be any sales. The Phenylpiracetam is probably the bulk of it, along with the DMHA, and KSM-66. NALT is cheap. Alpha GPC is expensive though. Idk, ill have to review the formula more but I'd buy it for $40-45, definitely.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
Plus at the beginning there are extra costs in terms of designing packaging, labels, and third party testing that contribute to a significant cost. I'm sure down the road the price will go down. I've looked into making stuff before, and it's quite the process, and you need to have a funds. It takes a while to cover your expenses and start making $$$. I don't have those resources at the moment unfortunately

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
Join date of Jan with 3 posts, they are in this thread, and a marketing pitch commentary...hmmmm. You wouldn't have a connection with Azoth now, would you?
Oh that guy, yeah he could be, idk. Although that username doesn't really doesn't seem like either of the names of the two guys who own it. I actually spoke to them at length via email. They're pretty cool guys. Just a couple of young college students trying to stsrt their own businesses for tuition money. I definitely congratulate them on their efforts. I did express my concern about the price and they did say there were a lot of unexpected expenses at the beginning. Hopefully I can convince them to lower the price at least somewhat.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

That'd only be a relevant issue if all of the studies didn't use oral administration, which many do, for both animals and humans. As for ashwagandha, KSM-66, it's not all that expensive, trust me. Nothing in that formula even comes close to justifying that outlandish price. Also, most studies use 600mg/day KSM-66 (300mg twice daily), so you're not even getting your "ideal" daily dose of ashwagandha from there, although it's still an effective dose.
Well the serving size is 3 capsules so you can split the dose. And actually, a few guys in the nootropics group said they don't get any effects below 50mg. I personally use 50mg in a single dose, because that is what works on me. At the same time you got other guys that are taking 10mg. There is a coupon code for 45% off, which would bring the price down to like $43 or something. I think like a lot of companies (Muscletech, cellucor, etc) they probably started the retail price high so they could have room to work with in terms of discounts and specials. Otherwise, if one starts the price already low, there's no room for special offers. Like in sure they could have just sold it for $40, but with that formula, there certainly won't be any sales. The Phenylpiracetam is probably the bulk of it, along with the DMHA, and KSM-66. NALT is cheap. Alpha GPC is expensive though. Idk, ill have to review the formula more but I'd buy it for $40-45, definitely.
The problem with taking 1-2 caps to get more a moderate dose of Noopept is that you're now getting even less of the other ingredients, some of which wouldn't be dosed effectively at all if this were the case. Also, what's the point of 350mg NALT? The research suggests that l-tyrosine > NALT, and pretty much all of the positive tyrosine studies use l-tyrosine, and those tend to use 2g or more. Also, due to the phenylpiracetam, it's not something I'd want to take daily. It's a pretty interesting and solid forumula, but it is nowhere near being worth the cost, even at the discounted price, which is still >$4 per serving. There are other options out there that are just as effective and a lot more affordable, so you could just pick up some standalone phenylpiracetam to add as needed. Also, phenylpiracetam isn't nearly that expensive; if you know where to look, you can get the same amount as is in the total of Azoth for <$4, and that's not even buying in true "bulk" quantities. As for the ashwagandha, you can get the amount that's in the 10 servings for under $1, and that's also not even buying in bulk from the manufacturer, but from a third party who also has to make money and package/label the product.

TL;DR: It's a pretty good formula, although not something I'd want to take daily (phenylpiracetam), but the outlandish price is nowhere near justified, and you can find similar, or arguably even better, formulas for much less money. I know it sounds harsh, but I don't want people "wasting" their money. Granted, the product will "work," but when you can get something that works just was well for less than 1/2 the price, you're wasting money.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
That'd only be a relevant issue if all of the studies didn't use oral administration, which many do, for both animals and humans. As for ashwagandha, KSM-66, it's not all that expensive, trust me. Nothing in that formula even comes close to justifying that outlandish price. Also, most studies use 600mg/day KSM-66 (300mg twice daily), so you're not even getting your "ideal" daily dose of ashwagandha from there, although it's still an effective dose.

The problem with taking 1-2 caps to get more a moderate dose of Noopept is that you're now getting even less of the other ingredients, some of which wouldn't be dosed effectively at all if this were the case. Also, what's the point of 350mg NALT? The research suggests that l-tyrosine > NALT, and pretty much all of the positive tyrosine studies use l-tyrosine, and those tend to use 2g or more. Also, due to the phenylpiracetam, it's not something I'd want to take daily. It's a pretty interesting and solid forumula, but it is nowhere near being worth the cost, even at the discounted price, which is still >$4 per serving. There are other options out there that are just as effective and a lot more affordable, so you could just pick up some standalone phenylpiracetam to add as needed. Also, phenylpiracetam isn't nearly that expensive; if you know where to look, you can get the same amount as is in the total of Azoth for <$4, and that's not even buying in true "bulk" quantities. As for the ashwagandha, you can get the amount that's in the 10 servings for under $1, and that's also not even buying in bulk from the manufacturer, but from a third party who also has to make money and package/label the product.

TL;DR: It's a pretty good formula, although not something I'd want to take daily (phenylpiracetam), but the outlandish price is nowhere near justified, and you can find similar, or arguably even better, formulas for much less money. I know it sounds harsh, but I don't want people "wasting" their money. Granted, the product will "work," but when you can get something that works just was well for less than 1/2 the price, you're wasting money.
I'll talk to them about dropping the discounts and just cutting the price in half. I found out they live in my state, not too far from me, so I'll probably just offer them $40 cash and arrange to meet one of them somewhere. I can update you guys on what I think of it.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
From what I gather, they're marketing it more as a performance enhancer as opposed to a long term nootropic. More along the lines of like an alternative to say modafinil. They're selling it to their classmates as like a study aid and hangover cure, and so far they seem to be getting decent feedback. Probably what I'll use it for as well. I honestly do sympathize with them. It's their first attempt at a company of any sort and I'd love to see them succeed, especially being so young and all, but I just can't see spending $80 on it. $40 I probably would based on that formula. Like I know how much all this stuff costs individually, so $40-45 is not unreasonable. Yeah, it's a little more than I would pay separately, but honestly, the convenience of the capsulation is worth it to me

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You're just gonna tell them to lower the price and then go meet them to offer $40 for some? Lol. This thread has turned into a nice joke.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
From what I gather, they're marketing it more as a performance enhancer as opposed to a long term nootropic. More along the lines of like an alternative to say modafinil. They're selling it to their classmates as like a study aid and hangover cure, and so far they seem to be getting decent feedback. Probably what I'll use it for as well. I honestly do sympathize with them. It's their first attempt at a company of any sort and I'd love to see them succeed, especially being so young and all, but I just can't see spending $80 on it. $40 I probably would based on that formula. Like I know how much all this stuff costs individually, so $40-45 is not unreasonable. Yeah, it's a little more than I would pay separately, but honestly, the convenience of the capsulation is worth it to me
What I'm saying is that there are other options that are pretty much just as effective for a fraction of the price, and if there's something missing, you could always use some of the leftover money to add something that you don't want to take daily, like phenylpiracetam. If you're in school, you'd be better off taking something that has your choline source, huperzine, Noopept, etc on a daily basis, and adding your phenylpiracetam and whatnot on as as-needed basis. Some of these things work better with regular/daily dosing than acute dosing. I'd recommend getting something that covers your daily bases for less than $2/day (and that's for a capped supplement too), and then pick up your phenylpiracetam, which you should be able to get for definitely under $1 per serving (as caps, powder is even cheaper of course). If you want to really get the full benefits from nootropics, you'll want to take some of them daily, which means that you'd need another supplement besides this one to use most of the time, and at that point the only things that you wouldn't be getting from something you could use daily would be the phenylpiracetam (which you can pick up for <$1 per serving capped), and DMHA, which, while interesting, doesn't justify everything above.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
You're just gonna tell them to lower the price and then go meet them to offer $40 for some? Lol. This thread has turned into a nice joke.
Hey, they just went live a week ago. I'm sure they'd be open to constructive criticism. If not, then **** em. I definitely would hate to see them fail, especially after talking to them and seeing how much time and money they have invested in this. They did mention possibly having an upcoming promotional event at one of the universities in Boston, so I may attend that since it's not too far from me. I'm interested in what they're doing, and being that they're kids and not sketchy old guys, I can identify with them.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not to beat a dead horse, but I just can't wrap my mind around spending $8 per serving on a nootropic. Honestly, it almost insults me. Hopefully that once people start using it, they'll be able to use their improved cognitive abilities to realize that they can get the same thing for a LOT cheaper. It reminds me of Limitless, where the whole time I was wondering why Bradley Cooper didn't just make more NZT-48 as soon as he was a genius, which he eventually ended up doing I think.

If you're interested in some nootropics, here are some quality ones that you can use daily that I think compare well with Azoth, except they don't have phenylpiracetam. I'm not in love with all of the supplements below, but I think that they can stack up at least fairly well with Azoth, can be used daily, and are much, much more affordable, so you can add 1-2 ingredients to them as needed and still save a ton of money (in no particular order):

Noowave High Performer ($50 for 30 servings) Good formula, I just don't like the massive 400mg dose of theanine at all
Noowave Socialite ($50 for 30 servings) Different than HP above, but lots of similar ingredients as HP and Azoth, with a similar philosophy as Azoth in that it has some stimulants but no caffeine
Primeval Labs Grey Matter ($44-50 for 30 servings) Lots of similarities with Azoth
Olympus Labs Elixir ($33 for 30 servings; powder) Good formula, also has some herbal extracts, but no Noopept/racetams
SNS Focus XT ($22 for 30 servings; powder) Good basic formula, also no Noopept/racetams
Performax NootropiMax (not quite out yet), but I can tell you it will be great, and stack up quite well against Azoth at a fraction of the price :)

Take any of the above, which are all less than $2 per serving (the most expensive is $1.67 per serving), and when you want a little extra, add in a cap or two of phenylpiracetam, which should be under $1 per serving if you know where to look. That puts you at $2.67 per serving, max, or about 1/3 of the $8 per serving. Even $4 per serving is asking a lot, but at least it's not completely insane.

Clipper83

Clipper83

Awards
  • Established
Guess I'll revive this. I'm currently taking Azoth myself.

So far, I've noticed a significant difference in my focus throughout the day. It works very well, but I did notice a huge comedown on days where I didn't take it. This Saturday for instance, I did not take anything and felt a little lightheaded by the end of the day. I cannot say it was solely due to Azoth however, but it would be my #1 guess.

So far I'd say it's worth trying, but it's not something you would want to take everyday. I'm saving it for days I feel I will need it at work. Best Nootropic product I've taken in a long time I'd say.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

So far, I've noticed a significant difference in my focus throughout the day. It works very well, but I did notice a huge comedown on days where I didn't take it. This Saturday for instance, I did not take anything and felt a little lightheaded by the end of the day. I cannot say it was solely due to Azoth however, but it would be my #1 guess.

So far I'd say it's worth trying, but it's not something you would want to take everyday. I'm saving it for days I feel I will need it at work. Best Nootropic product I've taken in a long time I'd say.
I highly recommend finding something that you can take daily, and perhaps using this instead on days where you want the added bonus of phenylpiracetam, if you're not already taking something daily. Not only will it lead to better long-term effects/results, but it may even help you feel better and minimize the "comedown" on days where you're not using Azoth, as you'll still be taking a solid nootropic formula.

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
$45 on the site now....still > $4 a serving. Tough capsule to swallow (pun intended)

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you need to provide 50% discounts, you are doing it wrong and it means it is not priced properly to begin with.

JohnP.

JohnP.

Awards
^Thanks for the discount code. Don't know about y'all, but getting raws separately from different sources, weighing them, mixing them, and then putting them in capsules is tedious as hell. These guys have a ridiculously strong formula and it's already encapsulated. The time and energy I'm saving with this is mind blowing. ****s all over any other nootropic supplement on the market.

carguy123 Texanpride199 I have used AZOTH 4 times now. The energy and focus last for a good 3 hours and I can definitely feel the noopept in it. If you have ever used nasal spray noopept, for me everything appears in HD vision and it sort of makes me think deeper into things. As far as the Noopept is concerned yes it's high but the bioavailability is the key here. From my research I see it is between 5%-10% conversion. The Phenypiracetam can cause tolerance buildup and the trick is to use AZOTH something like every third day or twice a week. All in all a great product.

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
carguy123 Texanpride199 I have used AZOTH 4 times now. The energy and focus last for a good 3 hours and I can definitely feel the noopept in it. If you have ever used nasal spray noopept, for me everything appears in HD vision and it sort of makes me think deeper into things. As far as the Noopept is concerned yes it's high but the bioavailability is the key here. From my research I see it is between 5%-10% conversion. The Phenypiracetam can cause tolerance buildup and the trick is to use AZOTH something like every third day or twice a week. All in all a great product.
Got mine today....thinking of taking it for days at work where my focus, etc. is off (like today, wasn't sick but didn't feel like I was all there).

Texanpride199

Awards
Got mine today....thinking of taking it for days at work where my focus, etc. is off (like today, wasn't sick but didn't feel like I was all there).
Awesome. Just got mine too. Will report back in a week.

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good bro sent me a few days worth to try, thinking I am going to take my first dose Friday AM. Mon-Fri job so usually by Friday I am tired and fried and would be a great day to really put this to the test

JohnP.

JohnP.

Awards
Every 3rd day & twice a week should be perfect.

Let's see how you like it.

Good bro sent me a few days worth to try, thinking I am going to take my first dose Friday AM. Mon-Fri job so usually by Friday I am tired and fried and would be a great day to really put this to the test
Friday usually leaves me dragging a*s on too.

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Finally got a chance to try this a few more times. Did 2 caps my first dose, 3 caps my second and third time trying this.

I will just say its a really good product at 3 caps, 2 caps was a little light for my liking but 3 caps really shined. Focus, mental clarity, multitasking, and my verbal fluency were all up. My only complaint is the Phenypiracetam; due to tolerance build up I can only use this 2x a week (sometimes 3x) and I really like to dose this ingredient preworkout. This conflicts with my "normal" supplement schedule as I usually will do some noots and stims before work, then dose a preworkout in the evening before I hit the gym.

Azoth is one of the better, more intense noot blends that I have seen released and it does provide a nice, noticeable effect. I will likely pick up a pouch and just use it for days that I am really dragging. For what you get this product is really not a bad price (assuming its on sale for ~$22 :))

JohnP.

JohnP.

Awards
How do it go??

Finally got a chance to try this a few more times. Did 2 caps my first dose, 3 caps my second and third time trying this.

I will just say its a really good product at 3 caps, 2 caps was a little light for my liking but 3 caps really shined. Focus, mental clarity, multitasking, and my verbal fluency were all up. My only complaint is the Phenypiracetam; due to tolerance build up I can only use this 2x a week (sometimes 3x) and I really like to dose this ingredient preworkout. This conflicts with my "normal" supplement schedule as I usually will do some noots and stims before work, then dose a preworkout in the evening before I hit the gym.

Azoth is one of the better, more intense noot blends that I have seen released and it does provide a nice, noticeable effect. I will likely pick up a pouch and just use it for days that I am really dragging. For what you get this product is really not a bad price (assuming its on sale for ~$22 :))
Glad you liked it!! You're welcome :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Glad you liked it!! You're welcome :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Hahaha :)

BTW that PhenylPiracetam HCL was freaking awesome. ~125mg had me in that tunnel vision mode bigtime

Texanpride199

Awards
So, I've already gone through five packs of AZOTH. This is a big breakthrough supplement for me, I can't imagine studying ever without it. AZOTH is probably closest supplement I've ever product I've used that matches the effects of Adderall and Ritalin without any of the nasty side-effects I usually get with those products. I use this particularly as a study aid/ study drug because I'm currently in med school and... boy this works. I struggle big time with being complacent/procrastination and when I take AZOTH I sometimes go hours non-stop studying, to the point I forgot I haven't eaten. I fly through pages and remember things even from my childhood that I never thought about/remembered. At three capsules, the **** I remember freaks me out, so two capsules is just the sweet spot for me.