Lithium Orotate

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Lithium Orotate


    I know I have posted many times in the past about my experiences the first times I used this. I always had a positive, but mixed review because I really enjoyed the very strong anxiolytic aspects and the ablility to remove emotion from things where it didn't really aid in decision making or thoughts. But I did have a slightly difficult time with the slight robotic feeling it gave and felt a bit detached.

    Anyway, I decided to give it a shot again to see if it previous experiences were possibly due to circumstance, brand, expectation, etc.. I have been taking 5-10mg daily for the last week and all I can say is WOW. Completely different experience this time. The effects of lithium are very much acute and even your first time can be noticed within a day.

    So what I am noticing this time around is an almost immediate feeling of pressure relief. Hard to explain, but sometimes you don't realize how much stress we walk around with until it is lifted. After my second dose, I could literally feel weight lifting off my mind and shoulders and the only way to explain it is to say that it made me ecstatic and just wanted to smile and talk to everyone around. The best part was that the things that provide the stress (mainly work items and general holiday BS) are still very much there and I'm aware, but can approach it in a different way. Almost like being on the outside now looking in and knowing what to do to address it rather than being inside of it not knowing what is so agitating and bothersome. Needless to say, my normal high productivity is through the roof right now.

    Another thing is the energy. I have so much boundless energy that I don't feel like sleeping because there is so much I want to do. It doesn't stop any sleep and doesn't cause insomnia, but the end of day tiredness isn't there and waking up is very easy.

    I'll pop in here as this goes on, but I really have done a lot of research on this in the last couple months prior to deciding to try again and talked to several of our family friends that happen to be psychiatrists and a professor friend that loves lithium orotate. Listening to them back up all the things I have researched and the excitement in further research for cognitive improvement and protection, made my decision easy.

    So, just wanted to share in case anyone has been on the fence or wasn't aware of this supplement that so many people are deficient in.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    I know I have posted many times in the past about my experiences the first times I used this. I always had a positive, but mixed review because I really enjoyed the very strong anxiolytic aspects and the ablility to remove emotion from things where it didn't really aid in decision making or thoughts. But I did have a slightly difficult time with the slight robotic feeling it gave and felt a bit detached.

    Anyway, I decided to give it a shot again to see if it previous experiences were possibly due to circumstance, brand, expectation, etc.. I have been taking 5-10mg daily for the last week and all I can say is WOW. Completely different experience this time. The effects of lithium are very much acute and even your first time can be noticed within a day.

    So what I am noticing this time around is an almost immediate feeling of pressure relief. Hard to explain, but sometimes you don't realize how much stress we walk around with until it is lifted. After my second dose, I could literally feel weight lifting off my mind and shoulders and the only way to explain it is to say that it made me ecstatic and just wanted to smile and talk to everyone around. The best part was that the things that provide the stress (mainly work items and general holiday BS) are still very much there and I'm aware, but can approach it in a different way. Almost like being on the outside now looking in and knowing what to do to address it rather than being inside of it not knowing what is so agitating and bothersome. Needless to say, my normal high productivity is through the roof right now.

    Another thing is the energy. I have so much boundless energy that I don't feel like sleeping because there is so much I want to do. It doesn't stop any sleep and doesn't cause insomnia, but the end of day tiredness isn't there and waking up is very easy.

    I'll pop in here as this goes on, but I really have done a lot of research on this in the last couple months prior to deciding to try again and talked to several of our family friends that happen to be psychiatrists and a professor friend that loves lithium orotate. Listening to them back up all the things I have researched and the excitement in further research for cognitive improvement and protection, made my decision easy.

    So, just wanted to share in case anyone has been on the fence or wasn't aware of this supplement that so many people are deficient in.
    Sounds awesome bro! Glad this run is better than before. Keep us posted.
    OLYMPUS Lab/Olympus UK REP
    Use JEBROOK30 for 30% off at http://olympusuk.com/
    E-mail product questions to [email protected]
    •   
       


  3. Very interesting. What, if anything, have you been taking it with, and when in the day have you been taking it, and what else have you taken on days you've used it, even at different times in the day?
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  4. Also, when you say 5-10mg, that's 5-10mg of lithium from lithium orotate, not 5-10mg of lithium orotate, right? I'm looking at capsules that have 5mg lithium from 131mg LO per capsule.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  5. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    Very interesting. What, if anything, have you been taking it with, and when in the day have you been taking it, and what else have you taken on days you've used it, even at different times in the day?
    5mg lithium from 130 mg lithium orotate.

    My stack is the same as it has always been, not sure if you wanted a listing, outside of my ceasing of Ashwagandha. That is the only thing different that I was taking before. The only reason I am not at this time was for cycling purposes and now question if that had an effect. Certainly is a variable.

    I take it in the morning.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    5mg lithium from 130 mg lithium orotate.

    My stack is the same as it has always been, not sure if you wanted a listing, outside of my ceasing of Ashwagandha. That is the only thing different that I was taking before. The only reason I am not at this time was for cycling purposes and now question if that had an effect. Certainly is a variable.

    I take it in the morning.
    Cool, thanks. I was just wondering if you added it to your regular stack, or replaced some parts of your stack with it to try it in more isolation. I think we both have pretty big nootropic stacks, so I'm wondering what to take it with, since I am interested in giving it a try, and it's very affordable.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com
  7. Lithium Orotate


    I work in a psychiatric ward and many of the patients are on lithium. Be careful with that stuff man. You have to have labs drawn regularly as there is a very narrow therapeutic range. Too much could be very not safe. Not trying to hate, just making sure you are aware.

  8. Have been taking it lately with either magnesium threonate, or magnesium glycinate, before bed. It's great stuff. Very relaxing and helps a lot with sleep (minimal improvement with magnesium by itself). Seems to shut off the excessive "mental chatter" before bed.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by TNlifting View Post
    I work in a psychiatric ward and many of the patients are on lithium. Be careful with that stuff man. You have to have labs drawn regularly as there is a very narrow therapeutic range. Too much could be very not safe. Not trying to hate, just making sure you are aware.
    That is likely Lithium Carbonate, which requires a prescription. Lithium Orotate does not. I'm not entirely sure on the difference though.

  10. How would you compare this to other anti anxiety medicines or supplements you have tried? Would it be worthwhile to take just every once in a while when wanting to relax for the night?

  11. Quote Originally Posted by TNlifting View Post
    I work in a psychiatric ward and many of the patients are on lithium. Be careful with that stuff man. You have to have labs drawn regularly as there is a very narrow therapeutic range. Too much could be very not safe. Not trying to hate, just making sure you are aware.
    You are referring to lithium carbonate which is used at very high doses boarding on toxic side at most "medical" doses. This is lithium orotate, which has been shown to be very safe and actually protective at the low recommended doses.

    Do appreciate the comments though, for those that may have them confused.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post
    How would you compare this to other anti anxiety medicines or supplements you have tried? Would it be worthwhile to take just every once in a while when wanting to relax for the night?
    I would not be able to take it after mid afternoon as it is very energetic for me and makes want to talk and socialize even more than normal and I am an extrovert. This is by far the most powerful anxiolytic I've ever used and I consider Aniracetam the benchmark. The difference is that I like Ani as an immediate anxiolytic to an event because it can be taken like that. Lithium is feeling like it is an overall mood adjuster and a by product is anxiety relief because you just really don't care. Not saying no empathy or disengaged, but a little "removed".

  13. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    I would not be able to take it after mid afternoon as it is very energetic for me and makes want to talk and socialize even more than normal and I am an extrovert. This is by far the most powerful anxiolytic I've ever used and I consider Aniracetam the benchmark. The difference is that I like Ani as an immediate anxiolytic to an event because it can be taken like that. Lithium is feeling like it is an overall mood adjuster and a by product is anxiety relief because you just really don't care. Not saying no empathy or disengaged, but a little "removed".
    Oh I see, so no sedation like Xanax would cause. Have you tried Xanax? If so how does the anxiety relief compare to that provided by the Lithium? If you can gauge that based on the two very different effects they provide otherwise?

    I didn't have any luck with Aniracetam before, I noticed nothing from using it. I may just need to give a different company a try. This may be why I am not fully understanding the effects of the Lithium.

    So for an upcoming speech, would you say starting to take Lithium Orotate a few days before would be better than just Aniractem right before?

    Sorry if any of that is a bit confusing.

  14. For public speaking, I consider Aniracetam the best because of the thought compartmentalization and speech fluidity. But if it isn't having that affect for you, then lithium orotate would be a strong consideration considering it really helps with calming the mental and emotional connection with events, which ultimately is the main cause of any social anxiety whether it is public speaking or simply talking to someone. The anticipation. I know I say this often to describe it, but it really makes you not care so much, which I did equate to a robotic feel before but seeing it differently now.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    For public speaking, I consider Aniracetam the best because of the thought compartmentalization and speech fluidity. But if it isn't having that affect for you, then lithium orotate would be a strong consideration considering it really helps with calming the mental and emotional connection with events, which ultimately is the main cause of any social anxiety whether it is public speaking or simply talking to someone. The anticipation. I know I say this often to describe it, but it really makes you not care so much, which I did equate to a robotic feel before but seeing it differently now.
    So, just to be clear, you don't see, or haven't had, any issues taking lithium orotate with your normal nootropic/cognitive stack (things such as caffeine, choline, huperzine, bacopa, etc, and racetams)?
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  16. The only thing I take from a daily noot standpoint is pregnenolone (which I consider one of the best cognitive supplements available) and choline. I take Ani as needed, which is typically 2-3 times a week for big meetings. That's it.

    No issues whatsoever.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    You are referring to lithium carbonate which is used at very high doses boarding on toxic side at most "medical" doses. This is lithium orotate, which has been shown to be very safe and actually protective at the low recommended doses.

    Do appreciate the comments though, for those that may have them confused.
    Interesting. And yes it is indeed lithium carbonate I was thinking of. I commonly see patients being prescribed anywhere from 150-450mg three times per day. l just did some brief research on this lithium orotate and it seems the orotate molecule allows it to cross the blood brain barrier and makes it much more bioavailable which in turn makes for lower dosing necessary. The website I read claimed that lithium carbonate needed to be dosed so high because it is actually poorly utilized by the body so blood levels need to be kept high (like borderline toxicity range) in order to "force" the lithium into the cell so that it can be used. It was all pretty interesting. I will definitely do some more research on this as it sounds like there are a plethora of benefits to lithium orotate.

  18. A very noticeable and welcome effect is a substantial increase in vocabulary out of no where. I've actually had a couple people comment on it, including my wife, who obviously would know best how I would normally talk. I have words popping into my head that I don't recall ever using and never looked up, so I can only assume it came from previous studying or other avenue and never gave thought to it. Now the words are at the forefront of my brain.

    No lie, I have actually googled a few words I've used in meetings lately to see if they were in context since I would never normally use them in conversation, and to my amazement, every single one fit perfectly. Sounds ridiculous, but so are the ease and breeziness of fairly complex, technical conversations I am having.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    A very noticeable and welcome effect is a substantial increase in vocabulary out of no where. I've actually had a couple people comment on it, including my wife, who obviously would know best how I would normally talk. I have words popping into my head that I don't recall ever using and never looked up, so I can only assume it came from previous studying or other avenue and never gave thought to it. Now the words are at the forefront of my brain.

    No lie, I have actually googled a few words I've used in meetings lately to see if they were in context since I would never normally use them in conversation, and to my amazement, every single one fit perfectly. Sounds ridiculous, but so are the ease and breeziness of fairly complex, technical conversations I am having.
    Awesome man, I'll have to pick some up for sure now.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  20. What brand are you using?

  21. Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post
    What brand are you using?
    Obviously not kisaj, but NCI Advanced Research lithium orotate is a good brand (and cheap). It seems to be the most popular brand (formulated by Dr. Hans Nieper....the so called expert on lithium orotate for supplemental use) in online stores/forums and the brand I've used off and on for years.

  22. Any interactions with alcohol?

  23. None noticed, but people report it helping to avoid hangovers. I haven't had a blow out night since starting it, so jury is out on that.

  24. Subbed

  25. I just ordered some on Amazon Prime. I'll be taking probably 5mg a day, my girlfriend the same. We will try 10mg a day if we don't notice anything.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Lithium orotate to counter prohormone mania...
    By SteamRollerX in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-28-2015, 10:18 PM
  2. Lithium Orotate
    By stan08 in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-16-2014, 10:31 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-17-2012, 11:10 AM
  4. Lithium
    By FOCUS in forum OTC Drug
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-11-2006, 10:46 PM
Log in
Log in