Semax

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Semax seems very promising as a nootropic. It can be found in different variations as in regular Semax, NA- Semax (more stimulating) NA-Semax amidate (longer lasting with more noot effects).

Anyone here have experience with Semax they can share?

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Some Nootropics sub section we have here lol

I have the regular Semax and the NA-Semax Amidate in my fridge (nasal sprays). I will update with some opinion and thoughts about my experience with the two. I will first try the regular Semax.

Sculptor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I tried the Na semax nasal spray from ceretropic. I kept it in my fridge but when it arrived the cooling pack it was sent in wasn't very cold anymore, I feel like it may have been affected by this. Anyways, I feel like it only worked once for me and it could've been placebo, other than that never noticed much. Would like to give it another go. Anyone know anything about selank?

sespress

Awards
Wtf does that stuff do for you? I've never heard of it and I always thought I was up on the nootropics.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Wtf does that stuff do for you? I've never heard of it and I always thought I was up on the nootropics.
I will post up what it is suppose to do and my experience with it shortly.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Will be on the look out...any long term update on the Lions Mane usage?
I am still using Lions Mane and still somewhat pleased with it. I will update that thread once I switch to nootropics depot's lions mane to see any differences it may bring. So far I have noticed deeper sleep, vivid dreaming and I must say I really believe it is improving my long term memory. I mention the improved long term memory because I have been getting random childhood memories in great detail. It is very interesting, but not all that beneficial like an improved short term memory would be.

Things I do NOT get from lions mane (so far):
-mood improvements
-anxiety reduction
-motivation
-improved short term (working) memory

I will also post this up in my Lions Mane thread.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
What have you noticed from lions mane carguy123

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What have you noticed from lions mane carguy123
Sorry was not trying to derail this thread lol :p ....I have not personally used Lions mane enough yet to form an opinion, but I know you had been using it consistantly so was curious of longer term feedback

smith_69

smith_69

Awards

Improve Physical & Mental Function

Optimizes The Higher Cortical Functions Of The Brain (Speech, Thought, Movement Coordination)

Improves Memory (Storing, Processing / Structuring, Recalling)

Improves Focus & Concentration, (i.e. Student Exams, Long Work Hours)

Reduces Mental Fatigue

Improves Stress Tolerance

Elevates & Stabilizes Mood

Reverses Brain Damage From Various Causes (Stroke, Injury, Substance Abuse, etc.)

Prevention / Protection / Restoration From TIA (Transient Ischemic Attack)

Improves Sleep Quality

Increases Adaptive Capacity In Extreme Situations (i.e. Jet Lag, Low Oxygen, High / Low Temperature Or Atmospheric Pressure)

Boosts Immune System

Improves Symptoms of ADHD

PLUS

NO Significant Side Effects

NO Allergic Reactions

NO Interactions With Other Drugs

NO Addiction Or Withdrawal

NO Motor Skill Impairment

sespress

Awards

Improve Physical & Mental Function

Optimizes The Higher Cortical Functions Of The Brain (Speech, Thought, Movement Coordination)

Improves Memory (Storing, Processing / Structuring, Recalling)

Improves Focus & Concentration, (i.e. Student Exams, Long Work Hours)

Reduces Mental Fatigue

Improves Stress Tolerance

Elevates & Stabilizes Mood

Reverses Brain Damage From Various Causes (Stroke, Injury, Substance Abuse, etc.)

Prevention / Protection / Restoration From TIA (Transient Ischemic Attack)

Improves Sleep Quality

Increases Adaptive Capacity In Extreme Situations (i.e. Jet Lag, Low Oxygen, High / Low Temperature Or Atmospheric Pressure)

Boosts Immune System

Improves Symptoms of ADHD

PLUS

NO Significant Side Effects

NO Allergic Reactions

NO Interactions With Other Drugs

NO Addiction Or Withdrawal

NO Motor Skill Impairment
Well... Damn!

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
if you don't mind it in spray form,

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Very interesting, I'm going to check into it, seems legit. You all have experience with it?
no, but those who have used it, there is plenty of positive feedback. this is supposed to be better than piracetam

sespress

Awards
no, but those who have used it, there is plenty of positive feedback. this is supposed to be better than piracetam
I'll have to grab some and check it out.

Funny it's in the list of must have medicine in Russia, there's a lot of crap out there like that.

This also says that it's good for pepaptic ulcers? Reminds me my grandpa had those for a long time, couldn't get rid of them, and then (this is the 80's) a pal of his at work told him that you go up to Canada and grab these wafers and fix em right up. Sure enough they were gone. Would be something if this was the same drug.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Very interesting, I'm going to check into it, seems legit. You all have experience with it?
I have been using the original version of Semax for the past week. I want to get a better grip on its effects before I post up a review. Then, I will switch over to the NA-Semax Amidate which is supposed to be a good improvement.

sespress

Awards
I have been using the original version of Semax for the past week. I want to get a better grip on its effects before I post up a review. Then, I will switch over to the NA-Semax Amidate which is supposed to be a good improvement.
Well the next log or post to that effect please let me know. I'll probably order in the mean time

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Semax seems very promising as a nootropic. It can be found in different variations as in regular Semax, NA- Semax (more stimulating) NA-Semax amidate (longer lasting with more noot effects).

Anyone here have experience with Semax they can share?
If your source is international then please PM me.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Well the next log or post to that effect please let me know. I'll probably order in the mean time
After using regular Semax for 9 days now I feel I can give my opinion on it.

Many people report all day mood boost and compare it to a longer lasting post workout or post cardio endorphin glow from Semax. Many people report slight stimulation, productivity and focus. Many people report higher functioning tasks and learning becomes easier.

Honestly, I was expecting more out of Semax since it is considered one of the best nootropics to date by many in the noot community. I don't get a change in mood nor do I get a noticeable increase in focus. What I notice is subtle stimulation and an improvement in productivity. The productivity is not really noticeable throughout the day, but when I look back on the day I seem to have accomplished more then I normally would have (subjectively). I have been impressed with my productivity level at the end of each day since starting Semax. I feel Semax stacks well with stims and many other noots. The issue I have with it is it is not strong enough on its own for me and so that makes it too costly to use. I am hoping the NA-Semax and/or the NA-Semax Amidate are decent improvements to the original Semax. I will post up my opinion on NA-Semax Amidate once I start that next month.

Recap on my experience so far:

Pros:
-increased productivity
-slight stimulation (subtle wakefulness "refreshed" feel)

Cons:
-no mood improvement
-no noticeable increase in focus.
-no verbal fluency noted.
-costly
-Needs/should be stacked IMO
-not very stable peptide (must handle with care) which is a down side IMO (needs to be stored in the fridge.)
-not orally viable (needs to be administered nasally or by injecting).

sespress

Awards
Great info, any issues with the NA you know of?

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Great info, any issues with the NA you know of?
No, I will eventually try all 3 versions. It's that I already have the original and Na-Semax Amidate in the fridge. NA-Semax will be the one I try last. It's suppose to be the most stimulating version.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
great input here bro

thank you

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
great input here bro

thank you
completely agree with this!
Shoot me a PM whenever you get a chance, would like to know where you are getting this from. Started to read through some reddit threads and a few other articles and seems like a very intresting noot to try out

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No, I will eventually try all 3 versions. It's that I already have the original and Na-Semax Amidate in the fridge. NA-Semax will be the one I try last. It's suppose to be the most stimulating version.
That's great. Looking forward to the comparsion. Wanted to buy some but didn't know how to choose so I'll wait for your feedback.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The pre-made Semax nasal spray only lasted me 16 days which makes it really not cost effective for me. I started with two sprays then upped it to 4 sprays. I took a few days off and then started up the NASA. I will update my opinion on it in a few days with more regular use.

JohnP.

JohnP.

Awards
Clear you box
Can I get a PM?

Many people report all day mood boost and compare it to a longer lasting post workout or post cardio endorphin glow from Semax. Many people report slight stimulation, productivity and focus. Many people report higher functioning tasks and learning becomes easier.

Honestly, I was expecting more out of Semax since it is considered one of the best nootropics to date by many in the noot community. I don't get a change in mood nor do I get a noticeable increase in focus. What I notice is subtle stimulation and an improvement in productivity. The productivity is not really noticeable throughout the day, but when I look back on the day I seem to have accomplished more then I normally would have (subjectively). I have been impressed with my productivity level at the end of each day since starting Semax. I feel Semax stacks well with stims and many other noots. The issue I have with it is it is not strong enough on its own for me and so that makes it too costly to use. I am hoping the NA-Semax and/or the NA-Semax Amidate are decent improvements to the original Semax. I will post up my opinion on NA-Semax Amidate once I start that next month.

Pros:
-increased productivity

Cons:
-no mood improvement
-costly
-not very stable peptide (must handle with care) which is a down side IMO (needs to be stored in the fridge.)
Great review.

Can I ask how ared you dosing the Semax and are you using the Semax Spray??

Interested in how the NA-Semax Amidate treats you.

sespress

Awards
So there might be a link between semax and cortisol based on its looking like a fragment of an adrenal agent. Not sure about that, I'm on a 7-keto product right now so it would cancel out but if be interested if weight gain occurs with habitual use.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Can I get a PM?

Great review.

Can I ask how ared you dosing the Semax and are you using the Semax Spray??

Interested in how the NA-Semax Amidate treats you.
Using the nasal Semax spray I started with two sprays (one in each nostril) for the first 5 or 6 days. Then, moved up to 4 sprays (two in each nostril). I dose it in the morning.

JohnP.

JohnP.

Awards
The pre-made Semax nasal spray only lasted me 16 days which makes it really not cost effective for me. I started with two sprays then upped it to 4 sprays. I took a few days off and then started up the NASA. I will update my opinion on it in a few days with more regular use.
I ordered N-Acetyl Semax 98.73% spray in the 30mg size. That will give me 100 300mcg sprays. It's pretty awesome they ship in cold pack and separate too. I paid $62 dollars with 10% code which is not to bad. I will be posting my thoughts on it in this thread.

Hyperfluxe

Awards
I ordered N-Acetyl Semax 98.73% spray in the 30mg size. That will give me 100 300mcg sprays. It's pretty awesome they ship in cold pack and separate too. I paid $62 dollars with 10% code which is not to bad. I will be posting my thoughts on it in this thread.
What's the 10% code?

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can I get the code too? Hope it still works.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Pros:
-increased productivity

Cons:
-no mood improvement
-costly
I wanted to update with my experience with the NASA version. Sorry, for the delay, but I literally just finished off the bottle. I took a little longer break between bottles and I had the holidays and a vacation mixed in there. This bottle was not used everyday like the regular Semax was used so that's definitely worth noting. I will say that this too was subtle, but effective. It works for keeping me productive throughout the day. Personally, I didn't notice any real difference in this version verse the original version. It mixed well with Modafinil for a long productive day. Modafinil makes me a bit edgy and impatient. Taking NASA with the Modafinil helps smooth it out. My favorite brain stack for very occasional use is NASA (3 sprays), Tianeptine sulphate (25-50 mg), Modafinil (100 mg) and a cup of coffee. It makes for a very productive and enjoyable day.

Will I be repurchasing the NASA? I am still not sure. It is helpful, but it's subtle enough to have me think it's not somethings I need. I will try the last NA-Semax down the road so I can see which one I like best. If someone were to ask me which one I like better I would say buy whichever one is on sale and less expensive because they are still very similar IME. I also want to mention that supplements in general effect people differently and especially with noots because we all have different brain chemistry. This was simply just my experience that I wanted to share with the community.

sespress

Awards
Hey! I enjoyed the NA version myself although I didn't have the regular before to compare it with. Anyways I ended up doing like almost the same thing (really crazy that) NA semax and floromodafanil (diff there) and coffee! Coffee makes both incredible, much better like adding some fuel injector cleaner into an old engine. Ran smooth the whole time. I am gonna reorder it but I'll be taking a break to. Mostly cash related, I just started a peptide run.

Did you feel any downside to your stack? I had a few jitters at the begging but got used to it. I think maybe it burned a bit on the spray but not enough to deter me.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hey! I enjoyed the NA version myself although I didn't have the regular before to compare it with. Anyways I ended up doing like almost the same thing (really crazy that) NA semax and floromodafanil (diff there) and coffee! Coffee makes both incredible, much better like adding some fuel injector cleaner into an old engine. Ran smooth the whole time. I am gonna reorder it but I'll be taking a break to. Mostly cash related, I just started a peptide run.

Did you feel any downside to your stack? I had a few jitters at the begging but got used to it. I think maybe it burned a bit on the spray but not enough to deter me.
Nice! I didn't have any negative sides from it. The NA-Semax is suppose to be the most stimulating version.

JohnP.

JohnP.

Awards
My NA Semax run was great. I did 600mcgs a day-2 sprays, 1 per nostril in the morning. The 1st 4 or 5 days I felt very slight jitters. I did stack both Phenylpiracetam or Armodafinil with it 1 time a week. I also drank coffee with my daily dose. NA Semax is most effective nootropic I have used by far. Everything I got from noopept but way more amplified. I'm noticing that HD vision with and a big increase in mental clarity. No negative sides for me.

Next up for me is PRL 8 53

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My NA Semax run was great. I did 600mcgs a day-2 sprays, 1 per nostril in the morning. The 1st 4 or 5 days I felt very slight jitters. I did stack both Phenylpiracetam or Armodafinil with it 1 time a week. I also drank coffee with my daily dose. NA Semax is most effective nootropic I have used by far. Everything I got from noopept but way more amplified. I'm noticing that HD vision with and a big increase in mental clarity. No negative sides for me.

Next up for me is PRL 8 53
You will have to let us know how the PRL 8-53 works for you. I looked into it, but haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.

JohnP.

JohnP.

Awards
You will have to let us know how the PRL 8-53 works for you. I looked into it, but haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.
I have used it for 3 days now.The hardest part is getting the powder out of the bottle to measure the 15mgs. I should have made a solution with it.

Hyperfluxe

Awards
Been using NASemaxA @600mcg for a week now. It is everything that I expect out of a nootropic, wow. I'm stacking it with P21 so there may be some crossover.

JohnP.

JohnP.

Awards
Been using NASemaxA @600mcg for a week now. It is everything that I expect out of a nootropic, wow. I'm stacking it with P21 so there may be some crossover.
What are you noticing from P21? Is it a nasal spray?

sespress

Awards
Whoa lots of p stuff tossed around here, these related or... What are they?

JohnP.

JohnP.

Awards
Whoa lots of p stuff tossed around here, these related or... What are they?
PRL 853 and P21 are both nootropics.

PRL 853- is a nootropic research chemical derived from benzoic acid and phenylmethylamine (Benzylamine) that has been shown to act as a hypermnesic drug in humans; it was first synthesized by medical chemistry professor Nikolaus Hansl at Creighton University in the 1970s as part of his work on amino ethyl meta benzoic acid esters

A single study in humans was reported in 1978. The double-blind trial of PRL-8-53 in 47 healthy volunteers measured its effects on a variety of cognitive measures. 5 mg of the drug was administered orally 2–2.5 hours before the study tasks.Overall improvements in recollection differed based on how many words were recalled under placebo, with the poor performers (six words or fewer) experiencing a 87.5-105% increase in recollection and the high performers (eight or more words) a 7.9-14% increase which failed to reach statistical significance; when controlling for subjects over the age of 30 only, a 108-152% increase was noted. No side effects were reported during the trial.

P21 Google Neurotrophic peptides incorporating adamantane improve learning and memory, promote neurogenesis and synaptic plasticity in mice

Abstract
Development of neurotrophic peptidergic drugs that can mimic neurotrophins and promote neurogenesis and maturation of newborn cells into mature functional neurons represents an exciting therapeutic opportunity for treatment of Alzheimer disease and other learning and memory disorders as well as enhancing cognition of normal individuals. Here we report the design of a peptidergic compound, Ac-DGGLAG-NH2, called P21, when administered peripherally, enhanced learning as well as both short-term and spatial reference memories of normal adult C57Bl6 mice. P21 induced enhancement of neurogenesis and maturation of newly born neurons in the granular cell layer and subgranular zone of the dentate gyrus.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
PRL 853 and P21 are both nootropics.

PRL 853- is a nootropic research chemical derived from benzoic acid and phenylmethylamine (Benzylamine) that has been shown to act as a hypermnesic drug in humans; it was first synthesized by medical chemistry professor Nikolaus Hansl at Creighton University in the 1970s as part of his work on amino ethyl meta benzoic acid esters

A single study in humans was reported in 1978. The double-blind trial of PRL-8-53 in 47 healthy volunteers measured its effects on a variety of cognitive measures. 5 mg of the drug was administered orally 2–2.5 hours before the study tasks.Overall improvements in recollection differed based on how many words were recalled under placebo, with the poor performers (six words or fewer) experiencing a 87.5-105% increase in recollection and the high performers (eight or more words) a 7.9-14% increase which failed to reach statistical significance; when controlling for subjects over the age of 30 only, a 108-152% increase was noted. No side effects were reported during the trial.

P21 Google Neurotrophic peptides incorporating adamantane improve learning and memory, promote neurogenesis and synaptic plasticity in mice

Abstract
Development of neurotrophic peptidergic drugs that can mimic neurotrophins and promote neurogenesis and maturation of newborn cells into mature functional neurons represents an exciting therapeutic opportunity for treatment of Alzheimer disease and other learning and memory disorders as well as enhancing cognition of normal individuals. Here we report the design of a peptidergic compound, Ac-DGGLAG-NH2, called P21, when administered peripherally, enhanced learning as well as both short-term and spatial reference memories of normal adult C57Bl6 mice. P21 induced enhancement of neurogenesis and maturation of newly born neurons in the granular cell layer and subgranular zone of the dentate gyrus.
I have been keeping an eye on both of these. I would like to give both of them a run. It seems PRL gets a little better user feedback then the P21. The P21 since it is newer and had less overall feedback, but it seems to be hit or miss with people. Some say they don't notice anything from it while others claim to love it. Did the PRL bring on any anxiety issues with you?