Lion's Mane

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Anyone have any experience with Lion's Mane?

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It is suppose to give a good brain/cognitive boost, energy, mood boost and have neuroprotective properties (increase NGF).

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It's inexpensive enough that I may still give it a try. I was thinking about adding the powder to my coffee.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is suppose to give a good brain/cognitive boost, energy, mood boost and have neuroprotective properties (increase NGF).
Has any of this really played out in healthy human subjects? I haven't seen any studies showing benefits for healthy non-elderly people. We can't necessarily extrapolate benefits in animals, elderly people, or disease states to healthy young people.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Has any of this really played out in healthy human subjects? I haven't seen any studies showing benefits for healthy non-elderly people. We can't necessarily extrapolate benefits in animals, elderly people, or disease states to healthy young people.
I have only heard about anecdotal reports/reviews. It does seem to get a decent amount of positive feedback from users. Of course we can't solely go off of this.

Sculptor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have been using it in my morning coffee. I definitely notice it. It's not very stimulating but it provides nice clarity. I prefer more along the lines of phenyl piracetam, noopept, and armodafinil when it comes to nootropics. However, lions mane has its place. I enjoy it especially after a night of drinking. It seems to feel like clearing your brain of toxins

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have been using it in my morning coffee. I definitely notice it. It's not very stimulating but it provides nice clarity. I prefer more along the lines of phenyl piracetam, noopept, and armodafinil when it comes to nootropics. However, lions mane has its place. I enjoy it especially after a night of drinking. It seems to feel like clearing your brain of toxins
Thanks for the feedback. I did already order it and will probably test it out in the next couple weeks.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
After 3 days of lions mane use I can give some personal experience feedback. I have been taking 1,500mg of lions mane with a cup of black coffee. It clears morning brain fog and increases wakefulness. It is not very stimulating, but it helps to feel awake. So far I like it and would recommend it for anyone who experiences brain fog. The effects are suppose to get better over time so I will continue experimenting with it.

Tomorrow I will take it with black coffee and 25 mg of tianeptine and see how it goes.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Another thing to note is my dreams have been more vivid the past 3 nights. I don't usually even remember my dreams so this is something new and likely due to the lions mane.

For me this isn't a positive or negative things it's just something worth noting.

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
After 3 days of lions mane use I can give some personal experience feedback. I have been taking 1,500mg of lions mane with a cup of black coffee. It clears morning brain fog and increases wakefulness. It is not very stimulating, but it helps to feel awake. So far I like it and would recommend it for anyone who experiences brain fog. The effects are suppose to get better over time so I will continue experimenting with it.

Tomorrow I will take it with black coffee and 25 mg of tianeptine and see how it goes.
I've been taking it the past 10 days or so @ 2.5g with my pre-workout, bought a bunch in bulk. I don't believe Lions Mane effects are acute...I could be wrong but the science behind it (increasing NGF in the brain) is very promising. I ordered more the other day :) I will say this powder is very sticky lol.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I've been taking it the past 10 days or so @ 2.5g with my pre-workout, bought a bunch in bulk. I don't believe Lions Mane effects are acute...I could be wrong but the science behind it (increasing NGF in the brain) is very promising. I ordered more the other day :) I will say this powder is very sticky lol.
Lions mane seems to have some acute effects and some that build over time as in the increasing NGF effects. For example visual improvements have been noted over time. The clearing of brain fog was acute for me as in 30 mins after first dose.

I took 2 grams this morning and had the same experience as the past 3 days; however, I noticed a slight increase in heart rate. I didn't feel any more stimulated just that heart rate increase. I will probably just stick to the 1.5 gram dose I have been taking. I have not noticed any cognitive benefits from it yet.

I held off on my tianeptine dose to feel the 2gram effects of the lions mane. Tomorrow morning I will incorporate the 25 mg of tianeptine with 1.5 grams of lions mane.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Have you noticed any acute effects yet? Any mental stimulation or at least wakefulness? The wakefulness for me has been similar to rhodiola. So far the clearing of brain fog has been the most noticeable effect.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Another thing to note is my dreams have been more vivid the past 3 nights. I don't usually even remember my dreams so this is something new and likely due to the lions mane.

For me this isn't a positive or negative things it's just something worth noting.
Another crazy vivid dream last night. That's 4 days taking lions mane with 4 straight nights of really vivid dreams. Just saying

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Another crazy vivid dream last night. That's 4 days taking lions mane with 4 straight nights of really vivid dreams. Just saying
What brand do you use? I'm assuming it's a product that's fruiting body only (which from what I'm reading is what all the research is based on) and not mycelium on grain?

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
What brand do you use? I'm assuming it's a product that's fruiting body only (which from what I'm reading is what all the research is based on) and not mycelium on grain?
I am using a full spectrum 500 mg capsules from Swanson. I also have bottle of 180ct 500mg whole fruiting body from Nootropics Depot. I am liking the Swanson's product so far though. If decide to try it go with 1.5 grams which is more then the suggested dose on the bottle and add caffeine. It will be good to compare the two products after I finish the two bottles of Swanson I have to the nootropics depot product. The powder form is a better deal, but I wasn't sure about the taste and I always prefer caps over powders no matter the product.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yesterday I did 1,500 mg in the am and 500 mg in the pm. I like that dosing better then just taking 2 grams in the am. The dreams have been unreal (crazy vivid) since starting the lions mane.

I haven't noticed any reduction in anxiety or increase in mood though.

What I do notice is a clear head, deeper sleep and enhanced dreaming.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have never experienced anything that effects my dreaming so much. It provides intense/vivid/long dreams (not nightmares).

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have never experienced anything that effects my dreaming so much. It provides intense/vivid/long dreams (not nightmares).
Man, you weren't kidding about the vivid dreams. Bought some over the weekend and have been taking 1g before bed.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah man every night since I started it.
Just wish they were more pleasant dreams. Still, it's weird to have such realistic dreams and actually remember them when waking up.

I have a little trouble falling asleep (not too bad though) when taking it before bed but the quality of sleep is really good. I just don't want to start with taking it during the day right now since I'm taking aniracetam and tianeptine then.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You can dose it in the morning and still get the improved sleep and dreams as that is how I first dosed it. Now, I dose it 1,500 mg in the am then 500 mg in the pm.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can dose it in the morning and still get the improved sleep and dreams as that is how I first dosed it. Now, I dose it 1,500 mg in the am then 500 mg in the pm.
Will give that a try tomorrow. I wanted to take a couple days off tianeptine and aniracetam before trying something new during the daytime. If you don't mind, please update this thread when you try the one from ND (with whole fruiting body). The product I bought was similar to your swanson version (mycelium on grain) since it was the only one I could find locally.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Will give that a try tomorrow. I wanted to take a couple days off tianeptine and aniracetam before trying something new during the daytime. If you don't mind, please update this thread when you try the one from ND (with whole fruiting body). The product I bought was similar to your swanson version (mycelium on grain) since it was the only one I could find locally.
Yeah, I was going to update when I start the ND lions mane. It will probably be in about 30 days or so. I have two bottles of the Swanson to get through.