Solvents for bulk powders

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Anyone have any leads on a good solvent for reconstitution of bulk powders? Similar to what RC companies use. I gave up on capping long ago. TIA

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
propylene glycol?
That looks like a good one, thanks. Looks like it's used in the medical world too for certain drugs that aren't water soluble. I'll look more into it and let people know how it works out.

I still have to figure out if refrigeration is necessary after mixing. I used to have to refrigerate my Tianeptine after mixing with water. But it always crashed and needed heavy shaking before use, that's why I'm looking to use a proper solvent.

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
That looks like a good one, thanks. Looks like it's used in the medical world too for certain drugs that aren't water soluble. I'll look more into it and let people know how it works out.

I still have to figure out if refrigeration is necessary after mixing. I used to have to refrigerate my Tianeptine after mixing with water. But it always crashed and needed heavy shaking before use, that's why I'm looking to use a proper solvent.
http://www.supplementsupport.org/tianeptine-volumetric-solution-tutorial.html

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established

Propylene Glycol is the best solvent you can use for non-water soluble compounds intended for ingestion. Its the main ingredient aside from water used in everything from IV bags to IV ampules to soda to cattle. Very wide range of uses. Can be purchased legally and is very cheap.

I used to use it to make solutions for non-soluble benzo/theinodiazepines. Can be used to make IV solutions for various compounds as long as you sterilize it first.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
IGF-1/GH 1
Anabolics 1
Fastflight Anabolics 0
Anabolics 46
bioman Anabolics 27