Nootropics and cardio.

clk

clk

Awards
Took a stack of anaracitam, oxiracitam, phynilpiracitam, and adrafinil (spelling?) Today. I'm at the gym right now and my cardio is absolutely horrid. I'm no crossfitter or anything, but I do a lot of conditioning for strongman. It's really not that bad. However, today I'm sucking wind. Do you guys have any idea about this stuff affecting cardio?

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Took a stack of anaracitam, oxiracitam, phynilpiracitam, and adrafinil (spelling?) Today. I'm at the gym right now and my cardio is absolutely horrid. I'm no crossfitter or anything, but I do a lot of conditioning for strongman. It's really not that bad. However, today I'm sucking wind. Do you guys have any idea about this stuff affecting cardio?
I have not taken that combination so can't comment on that specifically.

I regularly use Olympus Labs El1xir pre-cardio and feel great. Dialled in and great focus.

El1xir has noots (ie. Galantamine, bacopa)

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Those racetams will have nothing to do with your cardio ability in the gym, but the question is why you would stack all of those racetams to begin with?

Finils can cause issues with increased heart rate and BP so that could be partially to blame for poor cardio if you are already elevated.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
I am a crossfitter, and have noticed that my metcons (cardio) suffer when I take modafinal or armodafinil

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am a crossfitter, and have noticed that my metcons (cardio) suffer when I take modafinal or armodafinil
I wouldn't take a -finil before cardio, and I don't think I'd even want it before lifting. I'd say they're better suited for keeping you awake and alert for less physical activities (work, school, studying, going out, etc).

On a side not, how does Armodafinil compare to Modafinil for you? I think I recall reading a study that found 200mg Armodafinil was more effective than 200mg Modafinil.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not directed towards me, but it is MUCH more effective, IMO. Less edge, smoother peak, and longer lasting. Modafinil gets me a little uptight and on edge.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Yea, I don't take it for workout purposes, I just notice that my workouts suffer on days I take it for work. I like armo better

clk

clk

Awards
I didn't design the stack. A buddy is getting into nootropics and gave it to me for my finals yesterday. Went to the gym and totally bombed. Tests went great though. So maybe it was the aromadafinil as brustrong says.

clk

clk

Awards
Fwiw ot was the adrafinil that was destroying my cardio. Figured it out by taking solo doses and seeing what each did. Adrafinil ****s my cardio up... a lot.