Adrafinil

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
I am stim tolerant and getting addicted to caffeine, so will adrafinil help me cycle off caffeine for a few weeks? Or will it decrease the effectiveness of caffeine?
Any experience and advice is appreciated.

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Anecdotally, I get a synergy from adrafinil and caffeine. I'm very caffeine tolerant on its own, but adrafinil has some powerful effects for me. And together they are more than cumulative.

I think these, like so many other nootropics and supp a are veritable based on individual brain chemistry. Recommendations should be taken with a grain of salt and personal experimentation should be approached cautiously.

Also please recognize adrafinil's potential for taxing the liver. Cycle and dose accordingly.

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
Anecdotally, I get a synergy from adrafinil and caffeine. I'm very caffeine tolerant on its own, but adrafinil has some powerful effects for me. And together they are more than cumulative.

I think these, like so many other nootropics and supp a are veritable based on individual brain chemistry. Recommendations should be taken with a grain of salt and personal experimentation should be approached cautiously.

Also please recognize adrafinil's potential for taxing the liver. Cycle and dose accordingly.
Will it help me cycle off caffeine for a few weeks or make me more tolerant?

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
I don't think there's an effect on the same receptors. Shouldn't make you more tolerant. Could help give you some energy while you get off caffeine. But caffeine feels like nothing - very weak - to me after a week on and off of adrafinil. I don't think there's a direct effect on tolerance, but relatively it's just not comparable.

Lots of folks suggest something like ashwagandha or rhodiola to reset adrenals and give a little energy while taking a stim break. I'd look into those personally.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn't take Adrafinil daily/regularly. Besides that, replacing stimulant you have built a high tolerance to with a stronger stimulant isn't necessarily a good habit to get into, and may end up being counterproductive in the long run.

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
I don't think there's an effect on the same receptors. Shouldn't make you more tolerant. Could help give you some energy while you get off caffeine. But caffeine feels like nothing - very weak - to me after a week on and off of adrafinil. I don't think there's a direct effect on tolerance, but relatively it's just not comparable.

Lots of folks suggest something like ashwagandha or rhodiola to reset adrenals and give a little energy while taking a stim break. I'd look into those personally.
Any advice on ashwagandha & rhodiola dosage?

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
In the past I've take Ksm-66 ashwagandha and now brand rhodiola. Rhodiola @ 500 mg morning and/or afternoon. Ashwagandha @ 500mg afternoon and/or before bed. Start low. For me, I add the second dose of rhodiola if I need more energy. Add the second Ashwagandha if i have trouble sleeping or am feeling anxious.

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Calms me down. Evens me out. Helps with sleep too. But I can take during the day too and not feel drowsy or anything.

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
Ok cool. I'll probably just try some rhodiola

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Im using Adrafinil from PC. I find it works well for me at 3-500mgs and I dont' cap it but rather mix it with some other nootropics like noopept and some bcaas.

It doesn't give me energy per say but what it does do, is remove the feeling of lethargy that I often have. I feel way more "awake" on it. Then if I add in a stim I feel the energy plus this benefit.

It really does do the trick for me. I like various other ingredients mixed in as well, mucuna puriens, 5-htp, etc, etc.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im using Adrafinil from PC. I find it works well for me at 3-500mgs and I dont' cap it but rather mix it with some other nootropics like noopept and some bcaas.

It doesn't give me energy per say but what it does do, is remove the feeling of lethargy that I often have. I feel way more "awake" on it. Then if I add in a stim I feel the energy plus this benefit.

It really does do the trick for me. I like various other ingredients mixed in as well, mucuna puriens, 5-htp, etc, etc.
Have you tried any other -finils? I'd say flmodafinil >> Adrafinil, but the dearth of safety data (I've only seems mentions of studies/trials in the patent info) keeps me from using it on a regular basis (even only on occasion).

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Have you tried any other -finils? I'd say flmodafinil >> Adrafinil, but the dearth of safety data (I've only seems mentions of studies/trials in the patent info) keeps me from using it on a regular basis (even only on occasion).
No I have not. Sorry. There is alot of discussion of nootropics over at PHF if you are looking for more info if you aren't seeing it here :)

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No I have not. Sorry. There is alot of discussion of nootropics over at PHF if you are looking for more info if you aren't seeing it here :)
It's all good. I'm always curious to see how different boots treat different people. Adrafinil was a bust for me, but I'm glad it works for you.

I'm a big wary of some research-chemical type synthetic nootropics that don't have much/any safety data. Things like piracetam, aniracetam, and Noopept (and perhaps Modafinil sometime) are really as far as I'll go in regards to nootropics ATM.

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It's all good. I'm always curious to see how different boots treat different people. Adrafinil was a bust for me, but I'm glad it works for you.

I'm a big wary of some research-chemical type synthetic nootropics that don't have much/any safety data. Things like piracetam, aniracetam, and Noopept (and perhaps Modafinil sometime) are really as far as I'll go in regards to nootropics ATM.
I used to like Demiurge by Antaeus..that stuff worked for me as well.

I know they have a new nootropic blend called "Psyche", I have not tried it yet, but want to

What other products have you tried that you found worked very well?

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I used to like Demiurge by Antaeus..that stuff worked for me as well.

I know they have a new nootropic blend called "Psyche", I have not tried it yet, but want to

What other products have you tried that you found worked very well?

zlightning

Awards
May I ask why you are needing stems? I ask because I too got to a point where it seemed like nothing helped. So I had a sleep study and MSLT done. They showed I have borderline sleep apnea and that I have idiopathic hypersomnia. Might want to go get tested. The best alertness drug I have ever taken was Nuvigil but you need a script for it.

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
Done with my stim break now, but I just LOVE the feeling of a caffeine buzz. Recently started using a new pre workout that has synephrine hcl. It makes caffeine a more steady buzz and really helps me push further in the gym!

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
May I ask why you are needing stems? I ask because I too got to a point where it seemed like nothing helped. So I had a sleep study and MSLT done. They showed I have borderline sleep apnea and that I have idiopathic hypersomnia. Might want to go get tested. The best alertness drug I have ever taken was Nuvigil but you need a script for it.
Same as you. Sleep issues tired all the time.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established

.How do you feel about phenylp in terms of safety data? I've had trouble finding any substantial amount of info on it. That said, I LOVE the stuff, but its like a rare treat I'd use sparingly.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
.How do you feel about phenylp in terms of safety data? I've had trouble finding any substantial amount of info on it. That said, I LOVE the stuff, but its like a rare treat I'd use sparingly.
There's actually some human studies on it, and some of them have a decent duration. That's more than I've found with things like flmodafinil and PRL-8-53.

Granted, a lot of the studies on phenylpiracetam are in people with some sort of cognitive impairment, but it's still some level of safety data:

400mg/day for 1 year after ischemic stroke lead to better restoration of neurologic and daily activities than the control group
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21626817

There are a handful of other studies that used 200mg/day for a month or so that noted various benefits in various populations (I didn't see any in healthy individuals though).

With all of the anecdotal reports of tolerance, it's still not something I'd want to use daily, but it's not something I'd completely avoid either.

Hope that helps.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can't use phenyl daily, so I don't understand the point of that study. Can you post it?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can't use phenyl daily, so I don't understand the point of that study. Can you post it?
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/21626817
Perhaps they weren't going for any sort of subjective feelings or noticeable benefits, but only rehabilitative benefits. Have you seen any research suggesting that any potential benefits in regards to cognitive impairment are subject to such quick tolerance, or is it just the subjective effects we notice that are subject to such tolerance? The way people use it here is sort of off-label; I haven't seen any research suggesting that it was intended to be used as a recreational nootropic. I'm not saying it shouldn't or can't be, just that the research is dealing with a different use than this. Regardless, it's a study using a decent dose over a good duration, which is still more comforting than a complete lack of data.

damage007

damage007

Banned
Awards
Adrafanil is decent, but it takes longer to kick in.

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
I read about an hour on an empty stomach and lasts about 4

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Might be longer, that's just the best of my recollection

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It keeps the initial rush down which can be a bit much for some people as it lasts a few hours. Splitting makes it smoother like armodafinil.

Aidenwillson

Aidenwillson

Awards
Adrafinil, Provigil/modafinil or Nuvigil you can find in the Internet. prices are different everywhere. But if you have a coupon from Prescription Discount Card you can get them much cheaper, depending on the dosage and form of tablets.