PRL-8-53, IDRA-21, Phenylpiracetam Hydrazide, Hydrafinil, & exotic nootropics

hbspeed88

hbspeed88

Awards
As I get deeper and deeper into my research with nootropics, I'm finding some interesting compounds out there that are lesser known, but seem to have glimmers of promise.

Anyone on here used PRL-8-53, IDRA-21, Phenylpiracetam Hydrazide, Hydrafinil, or any other "exotic" nootropic? I'll link some interesting resources below on these novel nootropics.

PRL-8-53: Some reports of profound memory enhancement and studies from the 70's
"PRL-8-53 is a hypermnesiac nootropic developed by Nikolaus Hansel at Creignton University. A double-blind trial of 47 healthy human volunteers led to a word retention rate of 205% over the course of one week dosing at 5mg, 2-2.5 hours before studying. Subjects over 30 years old showed even more improvement with results at 252% of baseline performance. The exact mechanism for PRL-8-53 is unknown. However, it does not display stimulant properties and does not potentiate stimulants like dextroamphetamine." - Ceretropic
PRL-8-53 | Smarter Nootropics
https://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/comments/3290ia/return_to_prl853_a_glowing_report/
PRL-8-53: enhanced learning and subsequent retention in humans as a result of low oral doses of new psychotropic agent. - PubMed - NCBI

IDRA-21: AMPAkine, memory improvement, cognitive enhancement, stimulant
"IDRA-21 is an AMPAkine and benzothiadiazine derivative. It is currently being researched in regards to its effects in memory improvement, cognitive enhancement, stimulation and reversing cognitive deficits. IDRA-21 does not produce neurotoxicity under normal conditions but may worsen neuronal damage following ischemia after stroke or seizures. One interesting aspect of IDRA-21 is that it seems to work better in younger, healthier subjects. This is in contrast to most other nootropic substances." - Ceretropic
IDRA-21 | Smarter Nootropics
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IDRA-21
https://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/comments/33atdf/idra21_experiences/

Phenylpiracetam Hydrazide:
"Phenylpiracetam hydrazide is a brand new molecule thought up by Ceretropic. What if we could combine the advantages of piracetam hydrazide with the stimulating properties of a phenyl group? That was the question we decided to try to answer.

Piracetam hydrazide is a modification to the tried-and-true piracetam molecule which adds a hydrazide group. This not only increases the effectiveness of piracetam but adds a stimulant property into the mix. Further adding a phenyl group increases that stimulant effect even more. Phenylpiracetam hydrazide is a more stimulating and potent version of phenylpiracetam." - Ceretropic

Experiences: https://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/comments/277vf4/phenylpiracetam_hydrazide_dosages_and_other/

Hydrafinil:
"Hydrafinil, also known as 9-Fluorenol, is a eugeroic related to modafinil. It is 140% as efficacious as modafinil at wakefulness promotion and does not have the same interactions that modafinil can have. It also does not last as long, making it easier to dose more effectively, without having to wait out 12 hours of effects. It has slightly lower DAT affinities but had higher eugeroic actions. It is more potent than modafinil with 50-100mg corresponding to 100-200mg for modafinil. This compound was investigated by Cephalon to be the successor to modafinil, and shows no toxicity and no liver interactions that its older brother does. It's a truly unique addition to the eugeroic family." - Ceretropic

Experiences and compound chemistry discussion: https://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/comments/2ev8c4/hydrafinil_report/

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As I get deeper and deeper into my research with nootropics, I'm finding some interesting compounds out there that are lesser known, but seem to have glimmers of promise.

Anyone on here used PRL-8-53, IDRA-21, Phenylpiracetam Hydrazide, Hydrafinil, or any other "exotic" nootropic? I'll link some interesting resources below on these novel nootropics.

PRL-8-53: Some reports of profound memory enhancement and studies from the 70's
"PRL-8-53 is a hypermnesiac nootropic developed by Nikolaus Hansel at Creignton University. A double-blind trial of 47 healthy human volunteers led to a word retention rate of 205% over the course of one week dosing at 5mg, 2-2.5 hours before studying. Subjects over 30 years old showed even more improvement with results at 252% of baseline performance. The exact mechanism for PRL-8-53 is unknown. However, it does not display stimulant properties and does not potentiate stimulants like dextroamphetamine." - Ceretropic
PRL-8-53 | Smarter Nootropics
https://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/comments/3290ia/return_to_prl853_a_glowing_report/
PRL-8-53: enhanced learning and subsequent retention in humans as a result of low oral doses of new psychotropic agent. - PubMed - NCBI

IDRA-21: AMPAkine, memory improvement, cognitive enhancement, stimulant
"IDRA-21 is an AMPAkine and benzothiadiazine derivative. It is currently being researched in regards to its effects in memory improvement, cognitive enhancement, stimulation and reversing cognitive deficits. IDRA-21 does not produce neurotoxicity under normal conditions but may worsen neuronal damage following ischemia after stroke or seizures. One interesting aspect of IDRA-21 is that it seems to work better in younger, healthier subjects. This is in contrast to most other nootropic substances." - Ceretropic
IDRA-21 | Smarter Nootropics
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IDRA-21
https://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/comments/33atdf/idra21_experiences/

Phenylpiracetam Hydrazide:
"Phenylpiracetam hydrazide is a brand new molecule thought up by Ceretropic. What if we could combine the advantages of piracetam hydrazide with the stimulating properties of a phenyl group? That was the question we decided to try to answer.

Piracetam hydrazide is a modification to the tried-and-true piracetam molecule which adds a hydrazide group. This not only increases the effectiveness of piracetam but adds a stimulant property into the mix. Further adding a phenyl group increases that stimulant effect even more. Phenylpiracetam hydrazide is a more stimulating and potent version of phenylpiracetam." - Ceretropic

Experiences: https://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/comments/277vf4/phenylpiracetam_hydrazide_dosages_and_other/

Hydrafinil:
"Hydrafinil, also known as 9-Fluorenol, is a eugeroic related to modafinil. It is 140% as efficacious as modafinil at wakefulness promotion and does not have the same interactions that modafinil can have. It also does not last as long, making it easier to dose more effectively, without having to wait out 12 hours of effects. It has slightly lower DAT affinities but had higher eugeroic actions. It is more potent than modafinil with 50-100mg corresponding to 100-200mg for modafinil. This compound was investigated by Cephalon to be the successor to modafinil, and shows no toxicity and no liver interactions that its older brother does. It's a truly unique addition to the eugeroic family." - Ceretropic

Experiences and compound chemistry discussion: https://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/comments/2ev8c4/hydrafinil_report/
PRL caught my interest a little while back, and I've done some research on it, but I haven't tried it yet, as I'm a bit hesitant to to use synthetic nootroopics that have very little research (and safety data). At least with things like piracetam (and even things like Modafinil), there are multiple human studies, and some studies were a decent duration.

What's your opinion on these relatively unknown synthetic nootropics?

hbspeed88

hbspeed88

Awards
PRL caught my interest a little while back, and I've done some research on it, but I haven't tried it yet, as I'm a bit hesitant to to use synthetic nootroopics that have very little research (and safety data). At least with things like piracetam (and even things like Modafinil), there are multiple human studies, and some studies were a decent duration.

What's your opinion on these relatively unknown synthetic nootropics?
Lol I could've bet my life that you were going to be the first one to reply to this thread :)

I'm not quite sure yet how I feel about them. On paper, they look like the drug from Limitless, but in reality that just isn't the case. It comes down to individual genetic makeup, brain chemistry, etc. I've gone through some rather intelligent discussions of these compounds on Reddit subforums and still find myself on the fence. Some people report that these are "life-changing" drugs while others report that it's complete garbage.

In regards to IDRA-21, I've seen some users report complete emotional breakdowns, largely due to the AMPAkine MOA. Other users on the other hand, find the compound to be very useful and potent.

I'm in the same boat as you in regards to these more "exotic" nootropics. Lack of human trials and safety data makes me wary and reluctant to place an order. Read through some of the threads on Reddit. There's some people on there that are super knowledgable and may help shed some light on this for you, having tried the chemical and all.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol I could've bet my life that you were going to be the first one to reply to this thread :)

I'm not quite sure yet how I feel about them. On paper, they look like the drug from Limitless, but in reality that just isn't the case. It comes down to individual genetic makeup, brain chemistry, etc. I've gone through some rather intelligent discussions of these compounds on Reddit subforums and still find myself on the fence. Some people report that these are "life-changing" drugs while others report that it's complete garbage.

In regards to IDRA-21, I've seen some users report complete emotional breakdowns, largely due to the AMPAkine MOA. Other users on the other hand, find the compound be very useful and potent.

I'm in the same boat as you in regards to these more "exotic" nootropics. Lack of human trials and safety data makes me wary and reluctant to place an order. Read through some of the threads on Reddit. There's some people on there that are super knowledgable and may help shed some light on this for you, having tried the chemical and all.
I also have to wonder where the point of diminishing returns is, and risk vs reward as well. I already take a handful of nootropics/adaptogens (choline, ALCAR, bacopa, rhodiola, ashwagandha, piracetam, etc); not everything is completely additive or synergistic (although some things are) or we could just keep adding supplements until we're all a combination of Arnold and Einstein. Personally, I'll stick to a handful of nootropics that have research showing not only effectiveness, but also safety, in humans, and wait to see if more research is done on some of the more exotic synthetic nootropics. As of now, piracetam, aniracetam, and Noopept are the extent of what I'm willing to use regularly, with Modafinil being near the fence, and flmodafinil and PRL being on the other side of the fence for now.

hbspeed88

hbspeed88

Awards
I also have to wonder where the point of diminishing returns is, and risk vs reward as well. I already take a handful of nootropics/adaptogens (choline, ALCAR, bacopa, rhodiola, ashwagandha, piracetam, etc); not everything is completely additive or synergistic (although some things are) or we could just keep adding supplements until we're all a combination of Arnold and Einstein. Personally, I'll stick to a handful of nootropics that have research showing not only effectiveness, but also safety, in humans, and wait to see if more research is done on some of the more exotic synthetic nootropics. As of now, piracetam, aniracetam, and Noopept are the extent of what I'm willing to use regularly, with Modafinil being near the fence, and flmodafinil and PRL being on the other side of the fence for now.
Perhaps I'll be a Guinea pig for some of these. Which ones are you most curious of? I'm thinking about ordering one or two.

hbspeed88

hbspeed88

Awards
kisaj, I know you're a bit of a pundit when it comes to nootropics. Any experiences with these?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Perhaps I'll be a Guinea pig for some of these. Which ones are you most curious of? I'm thinking about ordering one or two.
Interesting. Perhaps I'm being overly cautious or paranoid, but I'm a bit wary of regular or consistent use of these more than acute or very short term use. I'll have to look into them some more.

hbspeed88

hbspeed88

Awards
Yeah consistent use wouldn't be too smart at this point. I'm more interested in taking them one or maybe 2x a week to see how they do. I'd really like to see how PRL does in terms of memory recall. I already have a pretty good memory especially when it comes to memorizing for tests and such. Not sure if this would be something that could help me, but who knows. Hydrafinil and phenyl hydrazide seem interesting too for maybe 1x a week use for a month or so

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah consistent use wouldn't be too smart at this point. I'm more interested in taking them one or maybe 2x a week to see how they do. I'd really like to see how PRL does in terms of memory recall. I already have a pretty good memory especially when it comes to memorizing for tests and such. Not sure if this would be something that could help me, but who knows. Hydrafinil and phenyl hydrazide seem interesting too for maybe 1x a week use for a month or so
That makes sense. I suppose I'm also interested in something I could take 1-2x per week that could help with cognition/memory (for classes).
In regards to -finils, I've tried 600mg Adrafinil (in isolation) and felt nothing whatsoever, and I think 100mg of flmodafinil (again, alone, to replace my energy/cognitive blend one morning after ~4 hours of sleep) and I'd say that, while it seemed to take a little over an hour to kick in, I felt wide awake and alert, but not stimulated, for hours after. I haven't tried higher (200mg) dosing, or dosing with other ingredients (caffeine), but the dearth of human research and safety data (if I recall, all I can find is references to trials in the patent, but no specific info or links) makes me wary of even using it once or twice a week. At least there's studies available to read on modafinil (which I haven't tried), but it's a bit more of a hassle to obtain.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im always interested in noots between work and school with both of them requiring high levels of thought and "staying on the ball" so im definitely following along.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
kisaj, I know you're a bit of a pundit when it comes to nootropics. Any experiences with these?
I haven't, but I am on the same page with you guys regarding some of these synthetics. I tend to be very experimental with brain hacking and it is my favorite topic, but also require that I can find adequate research and information on these things first.

Definitely interested and subbed in this thread.

hbspeed88

hbspeed88

Awards
Well, I ordered some phenypiracetam hydrazide to try. I may order some PRL-8-53 sometime in the future. I'll let you guys know how the phenyl hydrazide is.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Really interested in the hydrazide because I'm a huge phenyl piracetam fan.

hbspeed88

hbspeed88

Awards
Same here...that's why I got it. PRL-8-53 and IDRA seem a bit more experimental in nature, but since I have experience with phenylpiracetam I figured the hydrazide is a good bet. Some Reddit users report some solid effects from it.

I found that with PRL, IDRA, and Hydrafinil it was hit or miss in terms of Reddit reports.

madmuscle24

Awards
  • First Up Vote
10mg of PRL along with morning coffee was insane for me. Focus and mood were highly elevated for a few hours. Kind of reminds me of the good ole days, but only for a few hours not days lol.

hbspeed88

hbspeed88

Awards
10mg of PRL along with morning coffee was insane for me. Focus and mood were highly elevated for a few hours. Kind of reminds me of the good ole days, but only for a few hours not days lol.
Interesting, thanks for chiming in!

JohnP.

JohnP.

Awards
Well, I ordered some phenypiracetam hydrazide to try. I may order some PRL-8-53 sometime in the future. I'll let you guys know how the phenyl hydrazide is.
How was the phenylpiracetam hydrazide?