tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This was MY experience with Galantamine.

Bought a 1/2g. The dose on the bag says "8mg". Well, after some reading I found it was best to start at 4mg, so that's what I did last night (12/24 - Christmas Eve) at 11pm.

What I didn't read until after I dosed Galantamine was, it's BEST for LD if you sleep for 4-5hrs (3 REM cycles) wake, take the 4mg and read or stimulate your frontal lobe for 15-20min then fall back asleep.

So, I took the 4mg last night as said before and haven't slept, yet. I was nauseous for 6hrs with dizzy spells if I stood up (felt like I was on a boat). Finally the nauseated feeling got the best of me and I threw up. That tail spinner into the WORST feeling ever. First, my hands went numb and tingling, then my legs and eventually my entire body and face. My right hand kept locking up and my forearm was have involuntary muscle contractions. I was "greying" out slightly and was more nauseous now then I was before I threw up.

The wife called 911 @630am this morning. Paramedics came and took vitals and everything was fine (blood pressure was elevated and my heart was 101bpm - that's expected from being sick?)

So, IF anyone decides to try Galantamine, do so with caution and start with a low dose.

The rest of the bag got washed down the toilet.

Galantamine is not for me.

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
Woaa man I'm sorry that happened to you. Somehow, I've had it happen twice that I suddenly got super sick overnight (cause unknown), and started puking. I got dragged to urgent care once and my BP was 160/115 or something, and HR was 110. It was a pretty horrible night.

That said, I haven't had that problem with galantamine. I've used it several times, with doses from 4mg to 8mg, and usually stacked with Oneironmancer, a combo which undoubtedly gives some very whack dreams due to the combination of Silene Capensis, Galantamine and S.Kirkii.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Sorry to hear this brother... But glad you ended up ok at least.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Woaa man I'm sorry that happened to you. Somehow, I've had it happen twice that I suddenly got super sick overnight (cause unknown), and started puking. I got dragged to urgent care once and my BP was 160/115 or something, and HR was 110. It was a pretty horrible night.

That said, I haven't had that problem with galantamine. I've used it several times, with doses from 4mg to 8mg, and usually stacked with Oneironmancer, a combo which undoubtedly gives some very whack dreams due to the combination of Silene Capensis, Galantamine and S.Kirkii.
Yeah mine was in direct correlation to galantamine
Sorry to hear this brother... But glad you ended up ok at least.
Thanks bud

Worst I've ever felt. Even through my teenage years when I was wild'n out I NEVER felt like I did last night. Still residual nauseousness through out the day with a dull headache and absolutely no appetite whatsoever.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
damn that sucks. I've bought the smart powders galantamine 8mg, and used animis's Omniscienti which also has galantamine, never had any issues

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
damn that sucks. I've bought the smart powders galantamine 8mg, and used animis's Omniscienti which also has galantamine, never had any issues
Yeah. There's a review on powder city, where the guy had the same problem as me. Reddit and (from what I found on the internetz) a few other noot specific sites have guys describing the same thing as me.

hbspeed88

hbspeed88

Awards
Sorry to hear buddy. Galantamine works as an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor, therefore inhibiting and slowing the breakdown of the neurotransmitter molecule called acetylcholine. Another compound that works via this mechanism is Huperzine A. You could give that a try and see if it gives you the same effect. I've been taking ATP Perform Kinetics (which includes a clinical dose of Huperzine A and Alpha GPC) for the past month now and have noticed that my dreams have become more and more vivid as time has gone on.

If you are looking for dream enhancement as well as cognitive enhancement, you can start off by using Hup A in a basic cholinergic stack:
Alpha GPC: 300-500mg
Huperzine A: 100-200mcg

Keep in mind you can always add more nootropic compounds into the stack as you learn more and more...the latter is just a starting point.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
I've had similar issues with Galantamine but I realized if I had a fat heavy meal about 1.5 hours before dosing I was fine. However I stayed away usually cause it wasn't worth it.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I just ordered OL's Elix1r this morning. It does have 4mg of galantamine in it. Hope I do not experience these side effects! I have been anxiously waiting for the release of this product. I am honestly a little underwhelmed by the profile. But, it may be one of those products that work better than its profile.

Olympus Labs

Olympus Labs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just ordered OL's Elix1r this morning. It does have 4mg of galantamine in it. Hope I do not experience these side effects! I have been anxiously waiting for the release of this product. I am honestly a little underwhelmed by the profile. But, it may be one of those products that work better than its profile.
I beta tested elix1r extensively before we landed on this formula. Galantamine is amazing and under utilized since its ridiculously expensive to source and include in formulas. Please be sure to share your feedback once you give the product a try :)

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It may not be quite the all-inclusive juggernaut of a formula I had a feeling it may be, but it's still the best all-around nootropic supplement out right now IMO. It should be enough for most people, especially compared to other products in the category. There's not much I'd add to it really, especially if price is a factor at all.