Nootropics/supps for Lucid Dreaming

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Anyone ever research / try this?

I used to lucid dream on the regular, would "wake up" in my dream and was able to control situations, or do anything I put my mind to for that matter, once I realized I was dreaming.

I used to (and sometimes still can) do things like change my location / activity, have sex with anyone I want in my dream. Go snowboarding and land any trick I tried. Basically do anything. I even used to be able to float out my window and around my block at night.

This only occurs once in a blue moon for me now. But I've been researching ways to purposefully bring it on.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone ever research / try this?

I used to lucid dream on the regular, would "wake up" in my dream and was able to control situations, or do anything I put my mind to for that matter, once I realized I was dreaming.

This only occurs once in a blue moon for me now. But I've been researching ways to purposefully bring it on.
I haven't seen any research/studies on lucid dreaming specifically, but I do recall reading studies on a few supplements that noted vivid dreams as a side effect. I'm going to have to go back and check what supplements they were though.

Edit: I was thinking of valerian. Also, at least one study noted that, while kava alone didn't increase the chance of having vivid dreams, the combination of valerian and kava increased the chances of vivid dreams more than valerian alone.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
There's a method I've seen, but not tried. Basically you set your alarm for a certain time of night, to align with a part of your sleep cycle, then you dose Galantamine and go back to bed.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Also, cannabis will prevent lucid dreaming from occurring, from what I've read.

rreal_natty

rreal_natty

Awards
Yeah, iv'e also heard 2-4 mg's of galantamine is good

rreal_natty

rreal_natty

Awards
But since it has a 7 hour half life i think you can just take it right before you go to sleep

PharmAnalyst

PharmAnalyst

Awards
  • Established
Galantamine works wonders for this. In my experience, taking it too early can make it very difficult to fall asleep but that may just be me. Even if the dreams aren't lucid they'll be extremely vivid and memorable.

D

determination

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
galantamine and anteaus labs oneiromancer give me crazy lucid dreams every time I take them.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I found galantamine great for dream recall, but nothing regarding lucidity and it also tended to make my dreams a little too active and I would sleep light, which kind of defeats the purpose. I tend to get very vivid dreams from 5-htp and magnesium.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
First time I had a lucid dream was with MK 677.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Tianeptine can also cause vivid dreams, but not lucid from what I recall.

Another trick to entering into a lucid state, is to look for things that are off in your dream. Once you understand that you are dreaming, the world (your mind) is yours. The challenge is to not wake up when this happens.

hbspeed88

hbspeed88

Awards
I've been taking Huperzine A along with a choline source like Alpha-GPC a few times a week for multiple weeks now and have noticed my dreams have become more and more vivid as time goes on. Anecdotally, galantamine has been reported to give users some lucid dreams...this is most likely from the mechanism by which galantamine works. Much like Hup A, it acts as an allosteric inhibitor by altering the binding site of the acetylcholinesterase enzyme, the enzyme that breaks down acetylcholine (Ach). Ach is an essential neurotransmitter that is elemental in things like learning, memory, and concentration. Additionally, acetylcholine levels are elevated during REM sleep, which is why we have dreams when we experience deep sleep. In theory, any acetylcholinesterase inhibitor like Hup A or galantamine stacked with a choline source like Alpha GPC will work well. Hope this helps brother!

D

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
I've been taking Huperzine A along with a choline source like Alpha-GPC a few times a week for multiple weeks now and have noticed my dreams have become more and more vivid as time goes on. Anecdotally, galantamine has been reported to give users some lucid dreams...this is most likely from the mechanism by which galantamine works. Much like Hup A, it acts as an allosteric inhibitor by altering the binding site of the acetylcholinesterase enzyme, the enzyme that breaks down acetylcholine (Ach). Ach is an essential neurotransmitter that is elemental in things like learning, memory, and concentration. Additionally, acetylcholine levels are elevated during REM sleep, which is why we have dreams when we experience deep sleep. In theory, any acetylcholinesterase inhibitor like Hup A or galantamine stacked with a choline source like Alpha GPC will work well. Hope this helps brother!
It should be noted that there runs the chance of increased night terrors and vivid dreams that you do not want to have with these. I've experienced this before, even to the point of sleep paralysis which is not an enjoyable experience.

I would suggest people try the ingredients still but they should be aware that the path your mind takes upon sleep may not always be a pleasant vivid one.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It should be noted that there runs the chance of increased night terrors and vivid dreams that you do not want to have with these. I've experienced this before, even to the point of sleep paralysis which is not an enjoyable experience.

I would suggest people try the ingredients still but they should be aware that the path your mind takes upon sleep may not always be a pleasant vivid one.
I've had many vivid nightmares in my past, and honestly, I've still enjoyed them, at least afterwards. You wouldn't believe some of things I've dreamt in the past. I couldn't really imagine them up on my own, so I'm not sure how they happened.

I once had a dream that I met an entity who I immediately thought was the devil. Next to him was a huge beast/demon. I remember the devil was trying to recruit me, in a nice, pleasantly deceptive way. I remember cussing him out and getting angry, and the demon didn't like that at all but the devil held him back. He said "let me show you something, it (hell) isn't what you think". I then saw a portal of fire, and floated through it. I was then floating over water, very high up, and saw an island in the distance. As I came close to the island, I could see it was mainly a large volcanic island, with a beach surrounding it: I saw people on the beach. From there the dream becomes fuzzy, but I remember not feeling uncomfortable at all. It takes a lot for me to become truly scared in any sort of dark dream/nightmare. I've had many many vivid dreams like this. But they are nothing like the lucid dreams I used to have (especially the dreams about being in underground tunnels beneath pyramids).

Not sure why I'm sharing that hehe, but yeah I guess to say that I don't really become fearful in my dreams.

The best part of vivid dreams, nightmare or not, is the ability to become lucid within them though. That's what I really want back.

D

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
I've had many vivid nightmares in my past, and honestly, I've still enjoyed them, at least afterwards. You wouldn't believe some of things I've dreamt in the past. I couldn't really imagine them up on my own, so I'm not sure how they happened.

I once had a dream that I met an entity who I immediately thought was the devil. Next to him was a huge beast/demon. I remember the devil was trying to recruit me, in a nice, pleasantly deceptive way. I remember cussing him out and getting angry, and the demon didn't like that at all but the devil held him back. He said "let me show you something, it (hell) isn't what you think". I then saw a portal of fire, and floated through it. I was then floating over water, very high up, and saw an island in the distance. As I came close to the island, I could see it was mainly a large volcanic island, with a beach surrounding it: I saw people on the beach. From there the dream becomes fuzzy, but I remember not feeling uncomfortable at all. It takes a lot for me to become truly scared in any sort of dark dream/nightmare. I've had many many vivid dreams like this. But they are nothing like the lucid dreams I used to have (especially the dreams about being in underground tunnels beneath pyramids).

Not sure why I'm sharing that hehe, but yeah I guess to say that I don't really become fearful in my dreams.

The best part of vivid dreams, nightmare or not, is the ability to become lucid within them though. That's what I really want back.
Nightmares and night terrors are two different animals.

https://sleepfoundation.org/sleep-disorders-problems/abnormal-sleep-behaviors/nightmares-and-sleep

A night terror is one of the most frightening thing.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ahh I see yeah that's happened a couple times to me. Woke up very disoriented, sweating, unable to move, and it can be pretty uncomfortable and briefly terrifying. Passes somewhat quickly. I think I was half awake each time. They're not thaaaat bad imo. Temporarily a bit frightening though.

H

henryv

Awards
  • Established
Nootropics/supps for Lucid Dreaming
...I've been researching ways to purposefully bring it on.
We sell both galantamine and a product specifically designed for vivid/lucid dreaming called Oneiromancer.
If anyone wants to buy a few bottles of Oneiromancer or an Oneiromancer/Galantamine stack, let me know as I think we can do you a good deal.
See also: this article on the potential benefits vivid/lucid dreaming can have on the rest of your life, and this one which has some tips on lucid dreaming and astral projection.

galantamine and anteaus labs oneiromancer give me crazy lucid dreams every time I take them.
Good to hear!

D

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
We sell both galantamine and a product specifically designed for vivid/lucid dreaming called Oneiromancer.
If anyone wants to buy a few bottles of Oneiromancer or an Oneiromancer/Galantamine stack, let me know as I think we can do you a good deal.
See also: this article on the potential benefits vivid/lucid dreaming can have on the rest of your life, and this one which has some tips on lucid dreaming and astral projection.

Good to hear!
+1 I've tried this combo and it's great.

I still feel more well rested with ZMA, KSM-66 and Relora but for lucid dreaming and vivid dreams it was a lot of fun.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Good to hear!
Can you PM me a website or pricing? I'd love to try galantamine again, and am interested in this other product too.

In your opinion, would taking GH releasers / peptides effect the efficacy of the galantamine combo for lucid dreaming? I don't see why it would, but that's the only other thing I take at bedtime (ipamorelin/mod-grf + ZMK + Somindren GH)

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Can you PM me a website or pricing? I'd love to try galantamine again, and am interested in this other product too.

In your opinion, would taking GH releasers / peptides effect the efficacy of the galantamine combo for lucid dreaming? I don't see why it would, but that's the only other thing I take at bedtime (ipamorelin/mod-grf + ZMK + Somindren GH)
How does ipamorelin work for you man? I've been considering looking into some peptides to stack with my MK 677

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
How does ipamorelin work for you man? I've been considering looking into some peptides to stack with my MK 677
It's great, super clean. Doesn't raise appetite (ghrelin), cortisol or prolactin levels. It's the most selective GHRP there is. It's also the only one I'll ever use now, alongside MOD-GRF. But if you are taking MK, then I don't think you'll need the mod-grf at all.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
It's great, super clean. Doesn't raise appetite (ghrelin), cortisol or prolactin levels. It's the most selective GHRP there is. It's also the only one I'll ever use now, alongside MOD-GRF. But if you are taking MK, then I don't think you'll need the mod-grf at all.
So if you were gonna add one peptide to MK, it would be ipamorelin?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So if you were gonna add one peptide to MK, it would be ipamorelin?
I've never used MK, but if it works how I think it does (constant pulsations throughout the day), then I think ipamorelin would magnify those pulses at the speficic time of the dosage, allowing you to time the larger pulses.

MOD-GRF will only raise your baseline levels, which is what I think MK is doing.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
I've never used MK, but if it works how I think it does (constant pulsations throughout the day), then I think ipamorelin would magnify those pulses at the speficic time of the dosage, allowing you to time the larger pulses.

MOD-GRF will only raise your baseline levels, which is what I think MK is doing.
Hmm. Ok. Been thinking about trying a peptide and seeing what happens in conjunction with MK 677. I really like it as it is.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ipamorelin would be my choice for sure. If you're looking for greater fat loss, a dose 1hr pre-workout is great. Otherwise you can take it post-workout. 3x per day is the general guideline.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Ipamorelin would be my choice for sure. If you're looking for greater fat loss, a dose 1hr pre-workout is great. Otherwise you can take it post-workout. 3x per day is the general guideline.
I was thinking post workout or before bed. Maybe I'll do all three lol

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was thinking post workout or before bed. Maybe I'll do all three lol
That's the spirit. Morning, post-workout, and an hour before bed and you're set. I like a good 150mcg dose each time. Right between the usual 100mcg dose, and the 200mcg saturation dose.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
That's the spirit. Morning, post-workout, and an hour before bed and you're set. I like a good 150mcg dose each time. Right between the usual 100mcg dose, and the 200mcg saturation dose.
Dang so you probably go through vials like it's nothing right? You'd go through 2mg in a little over 4 days...

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ouch. Would there be any benefit to using only 100 to 150mcg a day?
Definitely, but if using 100mcg only once per day, that's the equivalent of a light HRT type boost. But then again you're running MK! So actually, in your case, that one IPAM dose post-workout will give a great recovery boost.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Definitely, but if using 100mcg only once per day, that's the equivalent of a light HRT type boost. But then again you're running MK! So actually, in your case, that one IPAM dose post-workout will give a great recovery boost.
Nice. I might try that out then.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was about to say, we're getting off topic... but then again, a lot of these nootropic retailers deal with peptides as well. They've also got some really interesting ones that I rarely see spoken about on the boards. In fact, I've been looking into the delta-wave inducing sleep peptide (DSIP).

A

Ameyer9

Awards
I was about to say, we're getting off topic... but then again, a lot of these nootropic retailers deal with peptides as well. They've also got some really interesting ones that I rarely see spoken about on the boards. In fact, I've been looking into the delta-wave inducing sleep peptide (DSIP).
go on...

N

Nobodydares

Awards
Just ordered some Oneiromancer. Can't wait to try it out!

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just ordered some Oneiromancer. Can't wait to try it out!
Grabbing some myself soon. I only drink every couple weeks or so, but I'm planning on being completely sober for a few weeks and to start meditating daily before beginning my attempts at lucid dreaming.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Gutterpump just wanted to update ya lol, I found a site that was doing B1G1 on certain peptides, so I got 2 vials of ipam and 2 for free ;)

Aaron.Cole

Aaron.Cole

Awards

Good to hear!
Oneiromancer sounds good--I might check that out in the near future. Been wanting to try lucid dreaming more. I know Melatonin by itself helps me sleep better when I'm going through some rough sleeping cycles.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Galantamine is the first product I'd be purchasing if I were looking to induce vivid dreams, that's why. It's also dirt cheap.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Careful with the lucid dreaming....
Came as 2nd nature to me for years. Nothing to be careful of. You'd be surprised at some of the things I've encountered in my dreams. I guess it's not for everyone though.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
A couple months ago I had another one, where I was able to float around my place and out my window then choose my destination. It was the first one I'd had in years, so I have some faith in restoring it again with a bit of help.

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
My cousin use to lucid dream all the time. He told me the way he started out was at first he would tell himself every night in bed that he was going to remember his dreams. Night after night he would repeat that to himself until he was able to fully remember his dreams.

Then after that was accomplished, he would tell himself over and over what he was going to dream about. Once he got to the point where he could start to dream about the things he would say he was going to dream about, the lucid dreams then began to follow.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My trick was to always look for something off... something to let me know I was dreaming. Once I knew I was in a dream, then the dream became my domain instead of the other way around... but if I became too stimulated in my dream, it was always very easy to wake up. If I could take something like galantamine, but also something to keep me under, wow... the possibilities haha... but that could get dangerous.

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
My trick was to always look for something off... something to let me know I was dreaming. Once I knew I was in a dream, then the dream became my domain instead of the other way around... but if I became too stimulated in my dream, it was always very easy to wake up. If I could take something like galantamine, but also something to keep me under, wow... the possibilities haha... but that could get dangerous.
Sounds like some inception shît haha