best nootropic to help at work

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I am pretty much a virgin, i use rhodioal and alcar to help at work, is there better option? What can you recommand me? Thank you

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am pretty much a virgin, i use rhodioal and alcar to help at work, is there better option? What can you recommand me? Thank you
Why not use both? They're both effective, research supported ingredients.

What exactly is it you're looking for and what type of work are you doing?
-Energy
-Focus
-Memory
-Cognition
-Improved Mood
-Anti-stress/anxiety

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Why not use both? They're both effective, research supported ingredients.

What exactly is it you're looking for and what type of work are you doing?
-Energy
-Focus
-Memory
-Cognition
-Improved Mood
-Anti-stress/anxiety
i already used both, looking to try something stronger, i am looking for cognition and memory. I am currentlyvon KSM 66 also

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i already used both, looking to try something stronger, i am looking for cognition and memory. I am currentlyvon KSM 66 also
If you're interested in cognition and memory, the following may be worth looking into:
-Bacopa
-Piracetam
-CDP-Choline
-Huperzine

There are others that have promising human research regarding cognitive enhancement, but these are some of the more common and researched ones.

As for other, less common ingredients:
-Modafinil (requires a prescription, some have tried Flmodafinil, but I don't recall seeing much research on it. I recently picked some up, but I can't draw any conclusions on it yet)
-PRL-8-53 (I honestly had no idea what this was when I first saw it when reading through a bunch of studies)

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If you're interested in cognition and memory, the following may be worth looking into:
-Bacopa
-Piracetam
-CDP-Choline
-Huperzine

There are others that have promising human research regarding cognitive enhancement, but these are some of the more common and researched ones.

-Modafinil (requires a prescription, some have tried Flmodafinil, but I don't recall seeing much research on it. I recently picked some up, but I can't draw any conclusions on it yet)
-PRL-8-53 (I honestly had no idea what this was when I first saw it when reading through a bunch of studies)
I will go see on powder city!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I will go see on powder city!
I know they have the four ingredients I listed first, but you're going to have to look elsewhere to find the moda and prl if you're interested in those.

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
It's a hassle to get modafinil without a perscription and flmodafinil is expensive, you can try adrafinil which is much cheaper and works pretty well IMO.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I would look into OxyMax XT, several users have commented they used it before work and makes work "more fun" and goes by faster. It will make a big difference in increasing focus and improving mood!

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would look into OxyMax XT, several users have commented they used it before work and makes work "more fun" and goes by faster. It will make a big difference in increasing focus and improving mood!
This is a good product but to bad can't be taken indefinitely...

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Does it suppress appetite?

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Oh ok thanks for the reply. I realize many enjoy that, but I am just not one of them. Nice ingredient profile on the product though.
Yea i know what you mean, its not a sickly i cant eat feeling that some fat burners provide, more of 'I can eat if I want to but dont really feel like I need to'. I take 2 caps, do about 15 min cardio upon waking and have no problem eating 6 whole eggs, 2 english muffins, banana etc.

If you want to shoot me your address ill send you some samples to try!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My wife still loves OxyMax XT so much at work. It keeps her focused and chill even when customers are rude.

Also crushes her appetite and no crash.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yea i know what you mean, its not a sickly i cant eat feeling that some fat burners provide, more of 'I can eat if I want to but dont really feel like I need to'. I take 2 caps, do about 15 min cardio upon waking and have no problem eating 6 whole eggs, 2 english muffins, banana etc.

If you want to shoot me your address ill send you some samples to try!
Wow thanks for the offer man! I look forward to giving it a go.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Any of the AM sponsors would be great options, orbit, nutriverse, tgb supps etc.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
-Bacopa
-Piracetam
-CDP-Choline
-Huperzine

Just baugth some bacognize from powder city

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok i will try thst, do you take it every day? Was thinking about work day only.
Aside from the one study that found acute nootropic and adaptogenic effects (and there's also another study that didn't have any acute effects on cognitive function), all of the beneficial studies used daily dosing, and noticed more improvements after 8-12 weeks than 4-6 weeks. I take it daily.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Aside from the one study that found acute nootropic and adaptogenic effects (and there's also another study that didn't have any acute effects on cognitive function), all of the beneficial studies used daily dosing, and noticed more improvements after 8-12 weeks than 4-6 weeks. I take it daily.
Thank you!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank you ! :)
No problem. I think that ashwagandha and bacopa are two of the best herbal adaptogens/nootropics. They both have a long history of use, as well as a large (as far as supplements go) body of research supporting their effectiveness, and a good safety profile. The two of them have been invaluable this semester and past few months for me in helping both with cognition and memory and, more importantly, in helping with stress and anxiety.

I have to give a huge thumbs up to KSM-66 ashwgandha. For a while, I hadn't noticed much of a difference between 250mg KSM (5%) and 500mg of 1.5-2.5% extracts, but I've been under a lot of stress and dealing with a lot of anxiety recently, and 500mg KSM-66 in the morning, and even another 250-500mg at night (occasionally, not always), has been incredible in helping with my mood and stress level. It's probably one of my favorite ingredients, and that's without even considering the multitude of other benefits it has as well. Awesome ingredient!

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yes you are right KSM-66 is pretty amazing, second day on bacogzine might be to ealy to tell. But I went back on Fearn PA, and I feel it also help a great deal in focus when I take it at work. Great benefit other than the PA content

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes you are right KSM-66 is pretty amazing, second day on bacogzine might be to ealy to tell. But I went back on Fearn PA, and I feel it also help a great deal in focus when I take it at work. Great benefit other than the PA content
Bacopa takes time to really work. Research suggests that there may be acute effects, and I have felt a bit more sociable and wrote more when taking acute higher doses (all at once as opposed to split dose), but this was already after weeks of daily use, and isn't the most scientific test.

Choline is great. I like both CDP-choline and choline bitartrate.

barbara benty

Awards
Have you tried it? Or just pretend it to be :think:

barbara benty

Awards
I haven't tried it, but looking at the label, it seems underdosed, so I don't see a need to try it.
What's wrong with the label? Everything is okay with me and I am happy to use it again. If you did not even try it before and just doing estimate the value from label cannot give you benefit either.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What's wrong with the label? Everything is okay with me and I am happy to use it again. If you did not even try it before and just doing estimate the value from label cannot give you benefit either.
The label looks good (visually appealing), but I'm talking about the supplement facts (at least a few of the ingredients seem to be underdosed).

I have experience with, and have read many studies on these ingredients, and they don't really shine (provide full benefits) at the doses they're present in there.

barbara benty

Awards
May be I am wrong ! but I never studied on key ingredients.