Best pre workout focus nootropics

Mkgain1

Mkgain1

Awards
I've used the chaos and pain cannibal genius and had awesome focus with 2 caps pre workout.. I'm looking for some other noortropic formulas or even single ingredient/doses you guys have used for awesome focus pre workout I could just take with a cap of caffeine (unless a formula has some stim in it as well huge +) and some high volume.. Any ideas??

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As far as individual ingredients go, the following provide nice focus for me pre-workout:
-Caffeine + theanine + ornithine HCL (preferable to just caffeine; I enjoy 200-300mg + 200mg + 250-500mg)
-DMAA (50mg; I keep my caffeine at or below 250mg when taking DMAA, with no other real stimulants)
-ALCAR (2g)
-CDP-Choline (250mg)
-Piracetam (2.4g)
-Rhodiola (3-9mg salidroside)
-Bacopa (165-176mg bacosides)

There are more, but these are some of the main ones that would be good for improving focus pre-workout based on my research and personal experience, and a lot of them should even get better with regular (preferably daily) use.

Mkgain1

Mkgain1

Awards
As far as individual ingredients go, the following provide nice focus for me pre-workout:
-Caffeine + theanine + ornithine HCL (preferable to just caffeine; I enjoy 200-300mg + 200mg + 250-500mg)
-DMAA (50mg; I keep my caffeine at or below 250mg when taking DMAA, with no other real stimulants)
-ALCAR (2g)
-CDP-Choline (250mg)
-Piracetam (2.4g)

There are more, but these are some of the main ones that would be good for improving focus pre-workout based on my research and personal experience, and a lot of them should even get better with regular (preferably daily) use.
I'm using dmaa right now and I can't stand it I don't sleep.. I've used all other ingredients besides the bacopa and piracetam, you like them? Have you tried amp citrate between 200-300mg or noopept around 25mg?

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
-ALCAR (2g)
-CDP-Choline (250mg)
-Piracetam (2.4g)

What do you think about l tyrosine pre workout? I've been just taking l tyrosine vitamin c and b6 together pre workout and like it.

Mkgain1

Mkgain1

Awards
I never really got much from tyrosine in the sense of energy/ focus, not a bad alternative if you're trying to stay away from coffee and yet falling asleep at work though almost kept me alert a little. But at that I like NALT not so much free form

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I never really got much from tyrosine in the sense of energy/ focus, not a bad alternative if you're trying to stay away from coffee and yet falling asleep at work though almost kept me alert a little. But at that I like NALT not so much free form
I've been taking 2 caps of n-acetyl-l-tyrosine, along with 1G inositol and 1G choline, twice a day with coffee. It's been pretty decent. If going with tyrosine I'd always recommend the NALT form.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm using dmaa right now and I can't stand it I don't sleep.. I've used all other ingredients besides the bacopa and piracetam, you like them? Have you tried amp citrate between 200-300mg or noopept around 25mg?
I really like bacopa, although I mostly use it for the memory benefits, and it really shines with regular/daily use. I tend to take either 2.4g piracetam or 20mg Noopept. The first time I took Noopept, I was studying for a Differential Equations exam, and I ended up cleaning and organizing my kitchen very well. I don't know if there's any scientific basis behind it, but I want to organize things in a logical manner after I take Noopept, where piracetam just seems to provide nice but subtle cognitive improvements. I have not tried amp citrate.

What do you think about l tyrosine pre workout? I've been just taking l tyrosine vitamin c and b6 together pre workout and like it.
I've only just recently picked up some tyrosine, so I can't really make any conclusions regarding it based on personal use, but the research does seem promising. How much Vitamin C are you taking? I wouldn't recommend excessive antioxidant supplementation pre-workout.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been taking 2 caps of n-acetyl-l-tyrosine, along with 1G inositol and 1G choline, twice a day with coffee. It's been pretty decent. If going with tyrosine I'd always recommend the NALT form.
Why would you recommend NALT over l-tyrosine? I've seen much more promising human research on l-tyrosine than NALT, and research seems to suggest that NALT is inferior to l-tyrosine.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Everything I've read has shown that n-acetyl-l-tyrosine is more orally available. This is untrue?

Mkgain1

Mkgain1

Awards
I really like bacopa, although I mostly use it for the memory benefits, and it really shines with regular/daily use. I tend to take either 2.4g piracetam or 20mg Noopept. The first time I took Noopept, I was studying for a Differential Equations exam, and I ended up cleaning and organizing my kitchen very well. I don't know if there's any scientific basis behind it, but I want to organize things in a logical manner after I take Noopept, where piracetam just seems to provide nice but subtle cognitive improvements. I have not tried amp citrate.

Oh man you're missing out.. 300mg amp citrate, 150mg caffiene, and 100 mg pikatropin to me was literally the equivalent of 30mg adderall with a half life of approx 1.5hrs. Unfortunately this wonderful ingredient is dwindling from the market due to the "ban" on it.. Very interesting with your noopept reaction though, 30mg had me feeling almost a subtle high as if I was stoned lol

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Why would you recommend NALT over l-tyrosine? I've seen much more promising human research on l-tyrosine than NALT, and research seems to suggest that NALT is inferior to l-tyrosine.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2507878
I just read this. Bit of a strange study. They are trying to determine if NALT is effective as a tyrosine precursor. They should be checking for a net increase in dopamine, etc, since this is what tyrosine is the precursor for. Testing one precursor for another precursor sounds a bit silly. Test for an increase in the end product, and I think the study would be far more accurate.

edit: this study is also about intravenous NALT, and NAC, nor oral versions. I couldn've told you that even NAC will have a much different effect orally. It breaks down (via stomach acid) and converts into the end products that form glutathione. If going IV, use straight glutathione.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Focus xt by SNS is solid.

Been using 200mcg hup-a + 30mg nasal Noopept (15mg per nostril) and its provided some great clarity and focus.

Mkgain1

Mkgain1

Awards
Focus xt by SNS is solid.

Been using 200mcg hup-a + 30mg nasal Noopept (15mg per nostril) and its provided some great clarity and focus.
I feel like all sns products are solid ill have to check it out. And hmm do you feel a stronger benefit with nasal noopept over caps? I haven't seen this before

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Oh man you're missing out.. 300mg amp citrate, 150mg caffiene, and 100 mg pikatropin to me was literally the equivalent of 30mg adderall with a half life of approx 1.5hrs. Unfortunately this wonderful ingredient is dwindling from the market due to the "ban" on it.. Very interesting with your noopept reaction though, 30mg had me feeling almost a subtle high as if I was stoned lol
I really enjoy DMAA though. 250mg caffeine + 200mg theanine + 500mg ornithine HCL + 50mg DMAA provides me with a ton of clean energy and focus, as well as a very nice elevation in mood, with no real crash, even hours after a long workout.

Mkgain1

Mkgain1

Awards
I really enjoy DMAA though. 250mg caffeine + 200mg theanine + 500mg ornithine HCL + 50mg DMAA provides me with a ton of clean energy and focus, as well as a very nice elevation in mood, with no real crash, even hours after a long workout.
I have some theanine caps and just placed an order for bulk ornithine so I'll have to give it a shot to add to my pre now that has 300mg caffiene and 60mg dmaa along with some kaempferol

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just read this. Bit of a strange study. They are trying to determine if NALT is effective as a tyrosine precursor. They should be checking for a net increase in dopamine, etc, since this is what tyrosine is the precursor for. Testing one precursor for another precursor sounds a bit silly. Test for an increase in the end product, and I think the study would be far more accurate.
I remember Cooper discussing this:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/233429-anyone-take-these-2.html

At the very least, there are multiple studies showing benefits with oral l-tyrosine supplementation,
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2736402
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10230711
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7794222
but I have yet to see anything similar with NALT.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I feel like all sns products are solid ill have to check it out. And hmm do you feel a stronger benefit with nasal noopept over caps? I haven't seen this before
Absolutely. Oral Noopept didn't do zilch for me. It hits immediately.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I remember Cooper discussing this:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/233429-anyone-take-these-2.html

At the very least, there are multiple studies showing benefits with oral l-tyrosine supplementation,
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2736402
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10230711
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7794222
but I have yet to see anything similar with NALT.
Hrm interesting. I've only been trying out NALT for a couple months. I'll switch over to l-tyrosine when this bottle is out and see if I feel a difference. I've never supplemented with l-tyrosine before but have been interested in trying it with Wellbutrin for some time now (instant release wb vs the SR)

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
I've used the chaos and pain cannibal genius and had awesome focus with 2 caps pre workout.. I'm looking for some other noortropic formulas or even single ingredient/doses you guys have used for awesome focus pre workout I could just take with a cap of caffeine (unless a formula has some stim in it as well huge +) and some high volume.. Any ideas??
AGGRO by C&P would be better suited pre-workout than Genius.

I use it for a light pre occasionally, or when focus (not pump etc) is a must.

Mkgain1

Mkgain1

Awards
AGGRO by C&P would be better suited pre-workout than Genius.

I use it for a light pre occasionally, or when focus (not pump etc) is a must.
I've used the aggro before its somewhat mild more of a cognitive function instead of a tunnel vision type focus for me

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
If you're looking for Ornithine, I suggest you wait a bit for Antaeus' new ergogenic/nootropic product. It'll be composed of a synergistic blend of caffeine, ornithine and phosphatidylserine. The beauty of it is that it should boost performance via various pathways, including mTOR activation, increased recovery from urea cycle activation and cognition enhancement. It should go on presale very soon.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've started to do accute tianeptine dosing preworkout. Wow...amazing. Effects last 3 hours though.

Mkgain1

Mkgain1

Awards
I've started to do accute tianeptine dosing preworkout. Wow...amazing. Effects last 3 hours though.
Hmm I haven't heard of this one, have any info on it? I'm on the run all day can't get to research. And what type effects did it give you?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hmm I haven't heard of this one, have any info on it? I'm on the run all day can't get to research. And what type effects did it give you?
It's a mood brightening anxiolytic that lowers the effects of cortisol on the brain, promotes neuroplasticity and the production of new neural pathways. It also increases, or strengthens the firing rate of dopamine. It even has an effect on nitrous oxide production and GH release.

For me, when I take a high dose, I get amazing focus, productivity, clarity, creativity, energy, and huge boost in mood.

Tianeptine sodium is the bulk powder you'd want for accute dosing. It's the fast acting one.

I honestly think it might be too powerful to take often as a preworkout though, maybe just occasionally.

Mkgain1

Mkgain1

Awards
It's a mood brightening anxiolytic that lowers the effects of cortisol on the brain, promotes neuroplasticity and the production of new neural pathways. It also increases, or strengthens the firing rate of dopamine. It even has an effect on nitrous oxide production and GH release.

For me, when I take a high dose, I get amazing focus, productivity, clarity, creativity, energy, and huge boost in mood.

Tianeptine sodium is the bulk powder you'd want for accute dosing. It's the fast acting one.

I honestly think it might be too powerful to take often as a preworkout though, maybe just occasionally.
Oh wow that sounds great, do you feel it'd be effective (less extreme of course) at lower doses? Just as maybe a through the day, or before cardio, something like that?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Oh wow that sounds great, do you feel it'd be effective (less extreme of course) at lower doses? Just as maybe a through the day, or before cardio, something like that?
Well it's considered an anti-depressant and needs to be taken daily, 3x a day for it to build up effectiveness at a lower dose. It's great used like this as well, the best compound I've ever taken for mood. I usually take it daily during the winters.

There is no real substitute for how it feels on a high / acute dose though. Only problem is it may stop working faster, if acute dosing often. Would need to be cycled.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, I've been playing around with tianeptine dosing pre-workout, and I wouldn't suggest it anymore. It can cause nausea at times, if you've been accute dosing too often. Obviously this can completely ruin a workout. I think this is similar to how people can feel when using pramipexole, nauseous from very high dopamine levels.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, I've been playing around with tianeptine dosing pre-workout, and I wouldn't suggest it anymore. It can cause nausea at times, if you've been accute dosing too often. Obviously this can completely ruin a workout. I think this is similar to how people can feel when using pramipexole, nauseous from very high dopamine levels.
Good to know. Appreciate the feedback.

hbspeed88

hbspeed88

Awards
Some of the most proven nootropic compounds out there are things like Huperzine A, choline sources like CDP Choline and Alpha-GPC, and caffeine analogues like TeaCrine.

Huperzine A works as a reversible Acetylcholinesterase inhibitor. Acetylcholine is a neurotransmitter responsible for things like learning and memory. Because Huperzine A is an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor (inhibits the enzyme that degrades acetylcholine), it would work synergistically with a choline source like CDP Choline or Alpha GPC. This way you can optimize brain acetylcholine levels; you have a choline source like Alpha GPC (A-GPC breaks down into free choline and reacts with acetyl-coA via an enzymatic reaction to produce acetylcholine), whilst inhibiting the enzyme that breaks the neurotransmitter down.

On the other hand we have TeaCrine, which is caffeine analogue whose effects are very similar, yet last longer with no tolerance buildups. It's essentially a caffeine molecule with an added methyl group and ketone group. It sounds like a small difference, but these additions change the pharmacokinetics of the compound and its modes of action. The theacrine compound works on adenosinergic and dopaminergic levels much like caffeine does, while also showing anti-inflammatory effects and significant increases in wakefulness. Probably the most interesting thing about this compound is it's ability to deliver time and time again, due in part to its lack of tolerance buildup seen in test subjects.

All of these compounds are featured in clinically dosed, non-proprietary blends in ATP Nutrition's comprehensive pre-workout, Perform Kinetics

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
It goes without saying that for the price, Focus XT is the best, KISS(keep it simple, stupid) product on the market.

I will also throw that Chaos and Pain's Aggro is very good.

Caffeine + ALCAR + Huperzine is also great.