Rhodiola Rosea

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Rhodiola Rosea

I have tried 500mg of 3% rosavins and 1% salidrosides for a couple months with decent results. Has anyone tried a different extract or a non-standardized with good results? Higher salidrosides?

2. Quote Originally Posted by avega17 View Post
    I have tried 500mg of 3% rosavins and 1% salidrosides for a couple months with decent results. Has anyone tried a different extract or a non-standardized with good results? Higher salidrosides?
    150mg of 3% salidrosides works well for me.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    150mg of 3% salidrosides works well for me.
    What brand?

4. Quote Originally Posted by avega17 View Post

What brand?
    I've bought bulk powder from a few places, and enjoyed them all equally.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

5. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    I've bought bulk powder from a few places, and enjoyed them all equally.
    Do you cap bulk herbal powders? use an mg scale? I'm looking at a few bulks, but I have only used caped herbal ingredients.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by avega17 View Post
    Do you cap bulk herbal powders? use an mg scale? I'm looking at a few bulks, but I have only used caped herbal ingredients.
    I use a mg scale. I take quite a few herbal supplements, so buying them all capped would be pretty expensive, and the caps often times don't contain the exact amount I want. If you go that route, make sure that you don't mind drinking some pretty nasty tasting drinks, as some herbs don't taste very good at all without adding flavor and sweeteners.

7. Higher salidrosides are going to give more of an energetic feel. I prefer the 3:1 typical ratio, but keep the 3% salidrosides around.

8. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Higher salidrosides are going to give more of an energetic feel. I prefer the 3:1 typical ratio, but keep the 3% salidrosides around.
    I take rhodiola with ashwagandha, and I find that the two go very well together (energizing and calming).

9. Yep, they work fantastic together.

10. There's an old story about Rhodiola Rosea as it was developed in Russia in the late 1920's - early 1930's. The Nazi SS troops were given Test to make them aggressive and the later Russian troops were given Rhodiola Rosea as winter set into Stalingrad area. Rhodiola Rosea as well as being a decent Noot, gives an great adapotgen effect of tolerance to cold conditions and the Russian troops due to this a lack of winter uniforms for the SS did much better the colder it got. Rhodiola Rosea's adapotgen effects to stress of all kinds are even better then it's noot effect or possibly part of the noot effects.

I've used Rhodiola Rosea for quite some time and really like it as a stand alone or part of a stack.

I use a 5% rosavin and 500 mg., but I use to have bulk 3% and that was good too.

11. Quote Originally Posted by tuberman View Post
    There's an old story about Rhodiola Rosea as it was developed in Russia in the late 1920's - early 1930's. The Nazi SS troops were given Test to make them aggressive and the later Russian troops were given Rhodiola Rosea as winter set into Stalingrad area. Rhodiola Rosea as well as being a decent Noot, gives an great adapotgen effect of tolerance to cold conditions and the Russian troops due to this a lack of winter uniforms for the SS did much better the colder it got. Rhodiola Rosea's adapotgen effects to stress of all kinds are even better then it's noot effect or possibly part of the noot effects.

I've used Rhodiola Rosea for quite some time and really like it as a stand alone or part of a stack.

I use a 5% rosavin and 500 mg., but I use to have bulk 3% and that was good too.
    Is that why nazis had such strong jawlines and deep voices

12. That was a ****ing weird old story that I can't imagine is actually a story. But maybe it is in some circles.

13. I really like rhodiola, but it was not "developed in Russia in the late 1920's," it wasn't really "developed" at all, seeing as it's an herb. Perhaps research and use picked up in Russia in the 20's and/or better extraction methods were developed, but it's been around, and used, for a lot longer than that, as it "has a long history as a valuable medicinal plant having appeared in the Materia Medica of a number of European countries (Linne, 1749; Sparschuch, 1775; Pharmacopee Francaise, 1976; Virey, 1811)." (Rosenroot (Rhodiola rosea): traditional use, chemical composition, pharmacology and clinical efficacy)

I also think that the low dose-dependence with higher doses (as shown in studies measuring different things; fatigue in military cadets and depression) is interesting. That coupled with the many studies showing benefits with relatively low doses of rhodiola (salidroside content), has lead me to stick to a relatively moderate dose of rhodiola (150mg of a 3% salidroside extract), and I have had success with this dose, as has a friend of mine who uses many of the same supplements as I do (he typically tries them after I have a good experience with them).

14. Any side effects I should look out for or be aware of?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

15. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Any side effects I should look out for or be aware of?
    None that I am aware of. Some people find it more energizing than others, but not in a jittery/stimulant way really.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

16. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    None that I am aware of. Some people find it more energizing than others, but not in a jittery/stimulant way really.
    Yeah. I've read that it can also invoke nausea and possibly dizzy spells. I read about the increase in anxiety. I'm not looking for something to act like yohimbe or caffeine.
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

17. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Yeah. I've read that it can also invoke nausea and possibly dizzy spells. I read about the increase in anxiety. I'm not looking for something to act like yohimbe or caffeine.
    There are actually studies showing it can help with anxiety and depression. Everyone is different, but it's not something I'd say typically causes anxiety.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

18. Is 100mg considered a low dose or moderate?

19. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Is 100mg considered a low dose or moderate?
    It really depends on the standardization. It's likely a pretty low dose. In regards to salidroside content, I'd say 2mg is a low dose, while 9mg is a high dose. Salidroside is the most important active, but you want rosavin as well.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com
  20. Rhodiola Rosea

Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    It really depends on the standardization. It's likely a pretty low dose. In regards to salidroside content, I'd say 2mg is a low dose, while 9mg is a high dose. Salidroside is the most important active, but you want rosavin as well.
    Standardized for 3% Rosavins and 1% Salidrosides

(So at 50mg that's 1.5% Rosavins and 0.5mg.
    Am I correct.)

21. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Standardized for 3% Rosavins and 1% Salidrosides

(So at 50mg that's 1.5% Rosavins and 0.5mg.
    Am I correct.)
    Ok. That's a common extract. I'd aim for at least 200mg of that extract, giving you 2mg salidroside. What benefits are you looking for from rhodiola?
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

22. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    Ok. That's a common extract. I'd aim for at least 200mg of that extract, giving you 2mg salidroside. What benefits are you looking for from rhodiola?
    Shot you a message via PM.

23. You'll typically only see chances of anxiety if the salidrosides are higher. Common 3/1 ratio is likely not to cause any problems.

24. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    You'll typically only see chances of anxiety if the salidrosides are higher. Common 3/1 ratio is likely not to cause any problems.
    A Russian paper I read said that true Rhodiola extracts should have both salidroside and rosavin. A ton of the promising studies also use extracts that have both. The problem with a lot of high salidroside extracts is that they have little or no rosavin content.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

25. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    You'll typically only see chances of anxiety if the salidrosides are higher. Common 3/1 ratio is likely not to cause any problems.
    So by having that 3/1 ration the other chemical I guess works in a synergetic fashion?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Rhodiola Rosea
    By MaDmaN in forum Supplements
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 04:45 PM
  2. Rhodiola Rosea & Piracetam
    By ApOcaLyPSe_1985 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-26-2006, 03:19 PM
  3. Rhodiola Rosea for my girl
    By mattster in forum Supplements