Rhodiola Rosea

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    So by having that 3/1 ration the other chemical I guess works in a synergetic fashion?
    I recall reading a study that noted a combination of salidroside and rosavin was more effective than just salidroside. There's nothing inherently special about the 3/1 ratio, and the SHR-5 extract that has a ton of research supporting its effectiveness was closer to 3/2.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com


  2. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    A Russian paper I read said that true Rhodiola extracts should have both salidroside and rosavin. A ton of the promising studies also use extracts that have both. The problem with a lot of high salidroside extracts is that they have little or no rosavin content.
    You can buy it depending on your purposes. 3/1 is what is used in studies for the primary benefits of rhodiola. Some companies will bump up the rosavin or the salidrosides and it gives a different effect. I keep both high salidroside and general 3/1 ratio around.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    You can buy it depending on your purposes. 3/1 is what is used in studies for the primary benefits of rhodiola. Some companies will bump up the rosavin or the salidrosides and it gives a different effect. I keep both high salidroside and general 3/1 ratio around.
    I've seen more human studies using SHR-5 than anything else. I'd want to be as close to that as possible. Both are effective though.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  4. Just finished half of NOW FOOD rhodiola, no effect at 2 pills a day. What do you guys feel when you on rhodiola? Which brand do you use?

  5. Quote Originally Posted by 619sss View Post
    Just finished half of NOW FOOD rhodiola, no effect at 2 pills a day. What do you guys feel when you on rhodiola? Which brand do you use?
    I've been using NOW for some time, but maybe you can try Jarrows or a bulk supplier.
    •   
       


  6. I've been using therootofthematter rhodiola , it's also a 3/1 extract but it is very potent, at least it was for me. I'm not sure all 3/1 extracts are equal in terms of quality.

  7. I recently tried the biotest brand rhodiola and loved it at 2 caps. Probably guna try a different brand this time just to try different extract ratios but i felt like i got good stress relief, kind of a calmer state of mind, and an energy boost from it. Not sure how other brands with different extracts could vary in the effect so im looking forward to finding out.
    You never know how strong you are. Until you have to.

  8. @muscleupcrohn hey your messages are full.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post
    @muscleupcrohn hey your messages are full.
    Cleared
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  10. I found what may be an excellent source for whole herbs, they have detailed 3rd party testing for each batch and each herb available to all (previously known as superman herbs) : lostempireherbs.com/product-category/herbs/
    Their rhodiola is standardized and their TA, pine pollen tincture and cistanche are appealing.

  11. So if someone wants more of a calming effect and not energizing then they should use a product that high in rosavins and low in salidrosides? Someone earlier mentioned biotest. I just looked that up and its 15:1.5. Much higher rosavins.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by stan08 View Post
    So if someone wants more of a calming effect and not energizing then they should use a product that high in rosavins and low in salidrosides? Someone earlier mentioned biotest. I just looked that up and its 15:1.5. Much higher rosavins.
    Im not so sure which does more by way of calming or energizing but with biotests rhodiola I felt more relaxed but alert, kinda more clear headed if that clarifies. Helped alot with mood too. Im still guna try something different and see what I prefer.
    You never know how strong you are. Until you have to.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    I recall reading a study that noted a combination of salidroside and rosavin was more effective than just salidroside. There's nothing inherently special about the 3/1 ratio, and the SHR-5 extract that has a ton of research supporting its effectiveness was closer to 3/2.
    Dose it matter which RR product you go with? Is the SHR-5 extract superior then bulk RR or other capped extract?

    I can get rhodiola rosea at 500mg caps with 15mg rosavin, 7,5salidrosides from a local store. Which is a 3/1.5 ratio between rosavin/salidrosides. Its much cheaper then buying SHR-5 extract product.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Pec.Major View Post
    Dose it matter which RR product you go with? Is the SHR-5 extract superior then bulk RR or other capped extract?

    I can get rhodiola rosea at 500mg caps with 15mg rosavin, 7,5salidrosides from a local store. Which is a 3/1.5 ratio between rosavin/salidrosides. Its much cheaper then buying SHR-5 extract product.
    You don't need the SHR-5 extract, just one with both salidroside and rosavin IMO. 3% r and 1% s is common, but I prefer the 3% r and 2% s, and the extract you mentioned is right between the two, and is good. I'd consider staring with 1/2 a cap, but that's up to you.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  15. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    You don't need the SHR-5 extract, just one with both salidroside and rosavin IMO. 3% r and 1% s is common, but I prefer the 3% r and 2% s, and the extract you mentioned is right between the two, and is good. I'd consider staring with 1/2 a cap, but that's up to you.
    Alright, great. Yes I was thinking the same, Open up the caps and start with 1/2.

    How much do you take daily? Seen any difference in mood/vitality/performance between different doses?

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Pec.Major View Post
    Alright, great. Yes I was thinking the same, Open up the caps and start with 1/2.

    How much do you take daily? Seen any difference in mood/vitality/performance between different doses?
    I use ~250mg (1/2 cap) of a 3%r & 2%s extract. I just started using it again, and I stack it with some other things, but I do find it helps with mood and fatigue a bit, which is nice. I've just seen studies showing even low doses can be effective, and very high doses don't seem to have additional benefits beyond moderate doses, so I'd rather save a bit of money haha.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Rhodiola Rosea
    By MaDmaN in forum Supplements
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 03:45 PM
  2. Rhodiola Rosea & Piracetam
    By ApOcaLyPSe_1985 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-26-2006, 02:19 PM
  3. Rhodiola Rosea for my girl
    By mattster in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-26-2005, 12:22 PM
Log in
Log in