What supps for Golf?

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've tried Focus XT and it was ok but what I'm looking for is something that'll relax you but keep you zoned in. Any suggestions?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've tried Focus XT and it was ok but what I'm looking for is something that'll relax you but keep you zoned in. Any suggestions?
Caffeine + theanine is a solid, synergistic combination that promotes a calm, focused energy. Ornithine has also been shown to be synergistic with caffeine; I love the three together.

Rhodiola could be useful, but that's more if you're very fatigued to begin with.

PS (phosphatidylserine) has actually been shown to benefit golfers:
PS supplementation significantly increased (p < 0.05) the number of good ball flights (mean: pre-test 8.3 ± 3.5, post-test 10.1 ± 3.0), whereas placebo intake (mean: pre-test 7.8 ± 2.4, post-test 7.9 ± 3.6) had no effect. PS supplementation showed a trend towards improving perceived stress levels during teeing-off (mean: pre-test 5.8 ± 2.0, post-test 4.0 ± 2.0, p = 0.07), whereas stress levels remained unchanged in the placebo group (mean: pre-test: 5.1 ± 2.0, post-test: 5.1 ± 3.1). Supplementation did not influence mean heart rate in either group...

It is concluded that six weeks of PS supplementation shows a statistically not significant tendency (p = 0.07) to improve perceived stress levels in golfers and significantly improves (p < 0.05) the number of good ball flights during tee-off which might result in improved golf scores.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2217563/

You could also look through the various supplements mentioned in this thread. Some of them may be useful for you, and the doses used for the supplements I mentioned above are also mentioned:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nootropics/273193-research-various-nootropics.html

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love phenylpiracetam on the course. Laser focus and it really makes a day on the course all the more beautiful. I'll add in aniracetam (which I normally only take during the work week) for the added thought organization when evaluating shots and club selection.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting topic. I need to find what I was on last week. Shot my record best. Went out in 29...37 on back. 66.

The 29 was just unreal. Just let it happen.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
66 is freaking unreal. Did you play in high school, college?

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nope. Just practiced my arse off years ago. Currnently hover back and forth between scratch and +1.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
If that's true then you are one gifted individual.
If its true? Should I take a picture of my GHIN card for you? :lol:

Shot 68 today.

High: 78 Low 66 Average: 71.2. Trend +0.7L. HCP Index +0.5

Pro's generally are in teh +6 range. I've played with several down here during the winter and there are a ton of guys that play around here on web.com as well as E-tour.